• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RelyOnHorror: "Resident Evil 8 Village’s PS5 Version “A Hurdle” For Development"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayChild

Veteran insider and “leaker” for the Resident Evil series with a nearly impeccable track record, DuskGolem (aka AestheticGamer), has recently tweeted a series of updates about the development of Resident Evil 8 and it’s not exactly good news.

He states that even after the PS4 and Xbox One versions have been shelved to help optimize and possibly speed up the development of the game by focusing on current-gen hardware, which has led to some strides and progress in many key areas of the development, there’s one version, in particular, that’s proving difficult to get working on-par with the other versions being developed. He reports that the PS5 version of the game is struggling to keep up with several experimental upgrades and improvements they’ve tried to implement recently, even while these features have worked perfectly on the Xbox Series X and PC versions of the game.

kretos

Banned
dusk golem lol

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Dusk Golem is a secret weapon of mass destruction.

If you sat him and Pacter on opposite sides of a table and asked them to make a prediction, the resulting wrongness would cause an implosion of world-ending proportions.

How is it news that a game that's still in development has:
  • bugs
  • frame rate dips
  • unoptimised code
Additionally, if it's such a major concern, Capcom could easily have shown 'PC footage emulating PS5' like SE did with Final Fantasy XVI.

Last edited:

TonyK

I am a PC gamer, and it's funny to me when people speaks about any game working better on PC as if a PC was a closed platform. So game has problem in PS5 but runs fine in PC... what PC? Any PC? Or are we speaking about PCs more powerful that next gen consoles. The PCs that only, what, a 5% of PC players have?

Entroyp

I actually think there’s some truth to this, however it’s waaay blown out of proportions (for obvious reasons) and the game will be fine by release.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I am a PC gamer, and it's funny to me when people speaks about any game working better on PC as if a PC was a closed platform. So game has problem in PS5 but runs fine in PC... what PC? Any PC? Or are we speaking about PCs more powerful that next gen consoles. The PCs that only, what, a 5% of PC players have?

That was my thought too. If PS5 is getting stretched then the minimum specs for PC will have to be pretty high.

Also, it sounds pretty suspect that they don't know where the bottlenecks are, profiling tools are pretty advanced so tracking down where stalls and choke-points are shouldn't be an issue.

geordiemp

Last edited:
Just release the game on PS5 with either 1440p res or 4K Checkboard. What's the issue (assuming that all this bull crap is true)?

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned
Dusk Golem, is the same guy who admitted to making bad stuff up about the PS5 cause he wanted to even the narrative when the XSX had some bad news.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blows my mind, that anyone would post anything he has to say after that.

There is no way to substantiate anything he is saying on these latest claims, never mind that programming has so many variables involved that could account for problems, and does not mean that such problems cannot be resolved.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
annnnnnnnnd weve gone full resetera

He's a proven attention whore that has made shit up for clicks, but lets create threads every other day to spread his FUD. And speaking of ResetEra, we sure do recycle a lot of their content here as "news".

Last edited:

Journey

Banned
RUMOR:

Call of Duty Ghosts developers having trouble with Xbox One version

196fuqliii7awgif.gif

196fuythbfyj6gif.gif

RUMOR:

Resident Evil Village developers having trouble with the PS5 version:

NaturalShrillGalah-size_restricted.gif

8R9yNBj.gif

Last edited: