• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy: Control’s Expansions Won’t Be PS4 Exclusive For Long

Mista

Banned
control--1024x576.jpg

Speaking with Wccftech, Remedy’s Communications Director Thomas Puha was asked about the timed exclusivity. While he said he could not disclose the actual time frame, he promised that Xbox One and PC users wouldn’t have to wait too long to play the expansions. He also seems to imply the decision was not up to the Remedy Entertainment as much as it was the game’s publisher, 505 Games.
“So there’s one exclusive mission in the digital deluxe PS4 version, and then the expansion pass is kind of tied to that. But outside of that, one costume, the side mission, and the digital themes, the game is the same on all platforms, and all the expansion pass will be available on all platforms, but I can’t say what the exclusivity window is, except it’s not very long. So, again, we’re consumers as well at Remedy and the core game is the same for everybody. Again, many publisher and business reasons for doing certain things.”

HoldTheAir

I've never heard of this game. Can anybody give me the cliff notes version?
From the game's website:

After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control.

From developer Remedy Entertainment, this supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

Control is Jesse Faden’s story and her personal search for answers as she grows into the role of the Director. The world of Control has its own story, as do the allies Jesse meets along the way. Jesse works with other Bureau agents and discovers strange experiments and secrets.

Saber

Gold Member
Not sure I care about this.

I'm more worried if the game gonna be good. I'm expecting great vibes from this game but I still have my doubts.

HoldTheAir

I've already pre-ordered it for Xbox One. I typically don't buy expansions unless I'm blown away by initial story and gameplay. We shall see. I have faith since it is a Remedy game.

Honest question here ... what sort of value do you get out of it being "permanent"

It gives us that feeling of being redeemed back into the fold of Remedy Games after being left out from their works since the past 15 years or so. I love this studio and so does Kojima and we both want Control to pander to us in a very kind and gentle way.

Varteras

Gold Member
I don't mind timed exclusive DLC or content in general as long as it truly is a short amount of time. Nothing more than 3 months and it should only be for initial DLC. Everything else should come on time. I get that companies do this to promote the sale of the game on a particular platform but it's truly a dick move to keep subsequent DLC rolling out late on other platforms or make people wait a damn year for any of it. I played Destiny on PS4 but felt bad for people on XBO.

Tarkus98

They really shouldn’t have said anything to draw attention to it.
Instead they are burning a bridge with their publisher... not a good look to be honest.
I think the game actually looks really interesting and I hope it does well for Remedy, just keep the negativity on the downlow and let the game speak for itself. Hoping this gets good word of mouth and has some legs. Like I said, I think it looks really interesting and I’m digging the freaky vibes from the vids and pics I’ve seen.

Top Bottom