• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy is hard at work on a future game in their connected universe

You know we love to put Easter eggs into our games.

But what if some of them were more than Easter eggs?

What if… it’s all connected?

By now, you have maybe seen the trailer for AWE, our next expansion for Control. For over 10 years, we’ve had a crazy dream. The idea that the tales told in some of our games would be connected to each other, a connected world of stories and events with shared characters and lore. Each game is a stand-alone experience, but each game is also a doorway into a larger universe with exciting opportunities for crossover events.

Slowly, patiently, behind the scenes, we’ve been planning and plotting to make this a reality. I’m absolutely thrilled to tell you that now, the time has come to take the first concrete step on this road, establishing Remedy Connected Universe. You have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to finally make this statement.

What took place in 2010 in Alan Wake is one of the cases that the Federal Bureau of Control has been investigating. The AWE expansion is the first official Remedy Connected Universe crossover event, bringing more Alan Wake lore into Control.

And this is still just a humble beginning. We’re already hard at work on a future Remedy game that also takes place in this same universe.

I hope you enjoy the AWE expansion.

Cheers,

Sam Lake, Creative Director, Remedy.

Excited to hear more about this future game and to see Alan Wake again. What do you think?

You know we love to put Easter eggs into our games.

But what if some of them were more than Easter eggs?

What if… it’s all connected?

By now, you have maybe seen the trailer for AWE, our next expansion for Control. For over 10 years, we’ve had a crazy dream. The idea that the tales told in some of our games would be connected to each other, a connected world of stories and events with shared characters and lore. Each game is a stand-alone experience, but each game is also a doorway into a larger universe with exciting opportunities for crossover events.

Slowly, patiently, behind the scenes, we’ve been planning and plotting to make this a reality. I’m absolutely thrilled to tell you that now, the time has come to take the first concrete step on this road, establishing Remedy Connected Universe. You have no idea how happy it makes me to be able to finally make this statement.

What took place in 2010 in Alan Wake is one of the cases that the Federal Bureau of Control has been investigating. The AWE expansion is the first official Remedy Connected Universe crossover event, bringing more Alan Wake lore into Control.

And this is still just a humble beginning. We’re already hard at work on a future Remedy game that also takes place in this same universe.

I hope you enjoy the AWE expansion.

Cheers,

Sam Lake, Creative Director, Remedy.

Excited to hear more about this future game and to see Alan Wake again. What do you think?

Excited for this! Finished Control a few months ago. Playing Alan Wake now in preparation for the Control expansion. Can't wait for more after.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

This was cool before the Avengers came out, but I'm kind of sick of all the interconnected worlds in TV/movies/games now. It's the safest way to ensure sales, but I would rather just have isolated, standalone stories.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I absolutely fucking loved Control, until they stuck the DLC as Ps4 only for a long time

That shit utterly fucking stinks.

It's bollocks.

Ovek

7Member7
Is... Is Quantum Break part of the Remedy Universe or is that out of their hands ?

Yes, or at least it was. Alan Wake is directly name dropped during the game. And if you dig hard enough in Control you will find references to QB and Max Payne.

HotPocket69

Banned
Is... Is Quantum Break part of the Remedy Universe or is that out of their hands ?
pxEgzYK.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
I wonder if it's going to be another Epic exclusive.. Still haven't played Control after Epic bought the game even though I looked forward to playing it. Fuck Sweeney.

Mister Wolf

I wonder if it's going to be another Epic exclusive.. Still haven't played Control after Epic bought the game even though I looked forward to playing it. Fuck Sweeney.

Probably. Its good money for Remedy.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Yes, or at least it was. Alan Wake is directly name dropped during the game. And if you dig hard enough in Control you will find references to QB and Max Payne.
Yep and I remember a TV show in Quantum Break at the campus that looked like Alan Wake

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
OH
MY
GAD

UncommonFirstAnteater-size_restricted.gif

126181293_o.gif

giphy.gif

Alan Wake is one of my all time favorite game, that OST was amazing

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

(I'm a little bit excited yeah)

Last edited: