• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy is working on a ‘bigger’ Control sequel

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Control developer Remedy Entertainment has announced plans to team up with 505 Games to make a new Control game.

It is a “bigger budget Control game” designed to “further expand the Control franchise”, which is to be explored more in the future.

Speaking briefly about the upcoming sequel, he added: “Control is more than one location, character, or story. We have more. Something ambitious. As today’s announcement stated, we “have outlined high-level collaboration terms to further expand the Control franchise with a bigger-budget Control-game”.

“I unfortunately cannot go into more detail than that, but suffice to say, I’m extremely excited for the future of the Control franchise.”

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Amazing game, why not a sequel? Enjoyed it fully.

Stuart360 Stuart360

three lions smile GIF by England

My man wearing red after getting the gold in the Euro!

Last edited:

gamer82

Never played it and thanks to they’re shady business I won’t.

we can’t do free ps5 upgrade buy our game again.

puts a free ps5 upgrade out on store but then takes it away.

so yeah it couldn’t be done , clearly a lie.

so no thanks lol that’s remedy and gearbox on the black list

skit_data

I liked Control a lot, so I’ll be happy to see a sequel. The setting, the mechanics and sound design.

Just fix the damn map, it surprised me in a very negative way.

GymWolf

Good, i liked control well enough.

Next time maybe explain the story a bit better and put some more enemy\weapon\powers variety, maybe some melee ability like a chin tackle if we use the same protagonist.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Meh, I'd die for a QB sequel, but Control just somehow didn't click for me, the combat, the main character, the story, it's just not as good as in QB IMO. I cant even imagine how awesome QB2 would've been with Control's physics and RT effects.

wipeout364

I loved Control, Courtney Hope was great in it and really liked the art and story. There was some weirdness in her chin but it’s not in the real actress. I would prefer the rumor of more Alan Wake but I will take anything Remedy can do as they have never let me down.
Uke7ids.jpg

Last edited:

amscanner

I've actually finished both of them (Alan Wake and Control).

In game play wise, Control is far much better simply it's not even a contest.

They both have unique atmosphere and story that you usually don't get from generic AAA games and I cannot call which game is better in this category tho.

Control is at least on par with Alan Wake IMO.

The actress who plays the main character in Control was also in Remedy's previous game Quantum Break and I thought she looked much better in that game. I agree she looked weird in Control though.

By the way, Quantum Break was also a much better game than Control. Fight me.

ugS3PDe.jpg

Sb7cWL5.jpg

Control sucked. Only thing I liked about it was the destruction and being able to lift things and throw them (like Infamous 2).

Top Bottom