• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Remedy registers trademark for "AWE - Bureau of Altered World Events"

ekim

May 2, 2012
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014131601
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014131643

Most probably related to Quantum Break (edit from here) although Microsoft owns the Quantum Break trademark.

SenjutsuSage

Jan 23, 2010
Altered World Events - Definitely Quantum Break related. Or at least they're planning ahead for some type of clever spin off.

Circinus

Mar 18, 2015
Probably a mobile game. :)

Quantum Break is published by Microsoft Studios, the IP is owned by MS Studios as well. So if it was related to that, it would be registered via Microsoft.

Guri

Nov 30, 2010
Why would you register a trademark for a code name though?

I mean, not something like "Project AWE", but a part of whatever they want to develop. Yes, Quantum Break does have something related to altered worlds, but that's a Microsoft IP now and Alan Wake also plays with altered world stuff (American Nightmare being a great example of that).

I want to remain hopeful, haha.

Steverulez

Dec 13, 2006
England
steverulez.co.uk
Im going with mobile too.

They have Death Rally and Agents of Storm, wouldn't be a surprise if they expanded their mobile side with more titles.

Or Alan Wake I guess. Definitely not related to Quantum Break i'd say though, given Microsoft own it.

Guri

Nov 30, 2010
Their mobile games aren't really transmedia, are they? I think it's unlikely, considering that.

TheOneWhoKnockz

Neo Member
Oct 18, 2014
I have a very strong feeling this is Mobile-specific. Microsoft would have trademarked this if it was an expansion for Quantum Break.

On a brighter side, we could speculate they are self-publishing a new title and have formed two teams. But that is highly unlikely and more so a mobile game.

Apathy

Nov 24, 2013
I have a very strong feeling this is Mobile-specific. Microsoft would have trademarked this if it was an expansion for Quantum Break.

On a brighter side, we could speculate they are self-publishing a new title and have formed two teams. But that is highly unlikely and more so a mobile game.

True,but really weird that it does sound really Quantum Break-ey