• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy registers trademark for "AWE - Bureau of Altered World Events"

ekim

https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014131601
https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014131643

untitled5tua9.png

Most probably related to Quantum Break (edit from here) although Microsoft owns the Quantum Break trademark.

Altered World Events - Definitely Quantum Break related. Or at least they're planning ahead for some type of clever spin off.

Circinus

Probably a mobile game. :)

Quantum Break is published by Microsoft Studios, the IP is owned by MS Studios as well. So if it was related to that, it would be registered via Microsoft.

Johndoey

Banned
Fine, Remedy can take me wherever they want to go, I'll follow Sam Lake and his creepy voice to the gates of hell if I have to.

Guri

Why would you register a trademark for a code name though?

I mean, not something like "Project AWE", but a part of whatever they want to develop. Yes, Quantum Break does have something related to altered worlds, but that's a Microsoft IP now and Alan Wake also plays with altered world stuff (American Nightmare being a great example of that).

I want to remain hopeful, haha.

Im going with mobile too.

They have Death Rally and Agents of Storm, wouldn't be a surprise if they expanded their mobile side with more titles.

Or Alan Wake I guess. Definitely not related to Quantum Break i'd say though, given Microsoft own it.

TheOneWhoKnockz

Neo Member
I have a very strong feeling this is Mobile-specific. Microsoft would have trademarked this if it was an expansion for Quantum Break.

On a brighter side, we could speculate they are self-publishing a new title and have formed two teams. But that is highly unlikely and more so a mobile game.

Apathy

I have a very strong feeling this is Mobile-specific. Microsoft would have trademarked this if it was an expansion for Quantum Break.

On a brighter side, we could speculate they are self-publishing a new title and have formed two teams. But that is highly unlikely and more so a mobile game.

True,but really weird that it does sound really Quantum Break-ey

Top Bottom