• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Remember having to remember phone numbers?

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Back in the day you used to have to actually dial peoples numbers and remember them. I used to have a book of friends and family numbers and knew all my best buds numbers off by heart.

Now if I lost my phone I would only be able to call 2 people lol.

Prison Mike

Dec 3, 2018
Back in the day you used to have to actually dial peoples numbers and remember them. I used to have a book of friends and family numbers and knew all my best buds numbers off by heart.

Now if I lost my phone I would only be able to call 2 people lol.
tom cruise cinema GIF

Delf

Banned
Oct 26, 2020
I have zero idea what my wives and sons numbers are offhand.

But I can tell you my long dead grandmothers, my moms old house, and also my teen line that was in my room...

billyxci

13 year old console warrior. Put me on ignore.
Aug 3, 2014
i still remember my first house number. 558 8091. this was from like 1996 so i think it's safe to post it ;) my last house number was 586 2543 and i haven't had a house phone in about 10+ years. it's a bit crazy to think people used house phones, had a phone book, and got phone directories delivered in the post!

not only do i remember having to look through our handwritten phonebook to call people i remember having a phone you couldn't use while someone was on the internet lol. it was a pain in the ass having to disconnect my PC to make a phone call. it blew my mind when i got broadband and i could call people while using the internet lol.

KrakenIPA

Dec 19, 2020

These things were the best back in the 90s. They usually had a Franklin on the outside, and they got me out of a few jams back in the day. It was useful then, and they're useful in 2020. Phones die all the time, but this little motherfucker is always there next to your ass cheek to save your ass cheek in a jam.

Reactions: Stiflers Mom

Stiflers Mom

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Now I remember nothing. Apple and google do it all for me
That's the sad truth.
It's not even interesting to learn something new anymore, since all shit is changing all the time anyway and you just look up and copy and paste.

Reactions: Cunth

Quasicat

Aug 8, 2019
The only number that I remember that is still active, as my parents and friends have moved long ago, is time and temperature in my hometown. Although I live several hours away, the temperature is currently 16 degrees. That was a blast from the past, thanks for making my night OP.