• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember having to remember phone numbers?

Prison Mike

Banned
Back in the day you used to have to actually dial peoples numbers and remember them. I used to have a book of friends and family numbers and knew all my best buds numbers off by heart.

Now if I lost my phone I would only be able to call 2 people lol.
tom cruise cinema GIF

Grinchy

Banned
I was also one of those people who had everyone's number memorized.

Now I couldn't tell you a single person's phone number who I know except my dad's, and that's only because he's had the same number since the days of having to dial everyone's number.

Delf

Banned
I have zero idea what my wives and sons numbers are offhand.

But I can tell you my long dead grandmothers, my moms old house, and also my teen line that was in my room...

nush

01908 502757 pretty useful if you build old phone numbers into secure passwords. I have trouble remembering bank cards pins these days.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i still remember my first house number. 558 8091. this was from like 1996 so i think it's safe to post it ;) my last house number was 586 2543 and i haven't had a house phone in about 10+ years. it's a bit crazy to think people used house phones, had a phone book, and got phone directories delivered in the post!

not only do i remember having to look through our handwritten phonebook to call people i remember having a phone you couldn't use while someone was on the internet lol. it was a pain in the ass having to disconnect my PC to make a phone call. it blew my mind when i got broadband and i could call people while using the internet lol.

KrakenIPA

images

These things were the best back in the 90s. They usually had a Franklin on the outside, and they got me out of a few jams back in the day. It was useful then, and they're useful in 2020. Phones die all the time, but this little motherfucker is always there next to your ass cheek to save your ass cheek in a jam.

Quasicat

The only number that I remember that is still active, as my parents and friends have moved long ago, is time and temperature in my hometown. Although I live several hours away, the temperature is currently 16 degrees. That was a blast from the past, thanks for making my night OP.

Top Bottom