• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Jennifer Scheurle? Now accused of preying on junior women in gaming (previously ran false hate campaign against Atari's Nolan Bushnell)

AmuroChan

I don't condone harassment, but I am wondering why her twitter feed has not blown up over this since she was outed.
It was by another woman, so based on their logic, should we not believe her accuser because of "believe all women"?

Reasonable people would, but the woke mob often acts illogically. If they deem that Scheurle is more useful to them than it is to get rid of her, they'll protect her and discredit the accusers instead.

CGiRanger

Banned
It's all so tiring, I'm so sick of all of it... why do we keep letting it just be a thing. Morally questionable people judging other morally questionable people and stating how they are more morally questionable and then we move the goal post and they are no more morally questionable, keep going until everyone is 'canceled'.

I hate this fake "objective goodness". People act there is a score-card and if you don't hit it correctly you are not deemed a part of society. We have a Law System to determine who should be "outcasted".
It's literally a new Religious Orthodoxy at this point, with Cancel Culture being a modern-day Excommunication. The Church of Wokenism should really be labeled as a religion and then at least it can be regulated under "Separation of Church and State" laws in the US (aka. can't teach in schools)

Last edited:
3fOWB4n.jpg

Anyone saying they'd hit it.

Nah, you really wouldn't.

All the red flags are there.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It looks like Reset Era is actually turning on her, tho - they immediately assume it's true even though she's one of them. How surprising.

With the ironic caveat of "I can't believe it," "She seemed so nice," "This could really end her career,"

*engages in cancel culture*
*sees someone in their camp get cancelled*
*shockedpikachu.jpeg*

Larlight

Hilarious how the thread about this story is barely 2 pages on Resetera after a few hours lmao. Guess since it was done by a woman, they need to ignore and bury the story lmao. Oh, and the tone of the comments are completely apologetic sounding instead of the usual anger they pretend to have when it's anyone else.

CGiRanger

Banned
When the chips are down these people usually eat each other. It's part of the need to always look like the good guys, no matter the situation.
It's the end result of "Inter-sectionalism". Because that philosophy teaches people to always turn on one another at the drop of a pin, since it's all about tribal warfare and self delusion.

I wonder why the greatest videogame journalist of our time didn't cover this story or being exposed by him in the first place. This is what journalist should do.

He is only active when there is a developer to harass or take a 10yo controversy pretending it was new.
zsZEuIs.jpg
Lol

edit: This tweet refers to the Activision incident. I posted it because of the irony.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Oh, Hollywood and the music industry has always suffered from sexual harassment claims and sexual exploitation allegations, but the videogame industry is still fairly young, and the number of claims and allegations to come forward in such a short space of time is shocking. #MeToo and #GamerGate uncovered an awful mess.
How is the game industry young? Majority of companies date to 70s, 80s, at most early 90s. People in top positions have decades of experience in the medium.

McCheese

This all seems like a modern take on bullying, which is terrifying when you think how deep our digital presence is in our everyday lives. Family, friends, work etc.

I love the internet, but I hate what some people use it for.

I think the trick is to never jump on the hate bandwagon, even if it's someone you dislike and want to see suffer. It's easy slip into "well, if this person gets cancelled that would be sorta nice" trap, but it just keeps going in circles and repeating itself until everyone is tarred.

This woman looks fucking mental, just leave her alone and ignore her.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

How is the game industry young? Majority of companies date to 70s, 80s, at most early 90s. People in top positions have decades of experience in the medium.
Did you not read my post? Or did you just pick and choose boys to try and emphasise your point? I said, and I quote, that the industry is still fairly young. Which it is, compared to Hollywood and the music industry. It’s an industry that, really, has only just come out of its infancy.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Gotta ask, how these people are being oppressed exactly, by anyone?

I mean, is what all this boiling down to is people playing favourites? Giving their cronies or friends disproportionate attention or assistance compared to people they don't like or get on with? Because that sounds like normality to me!

Obviously at the most egregious end there are people out there who will abuse their power for their own perceived benefit, be it career-wise, be it sexually, be it reputationally (i.e. clout). Now this should be called out, but it seems to me that the ones "fighting back" half the time seem to have exactly the same motives!

Its like fucking high-school! And as we all know its an unending cycle where the ruling clique gets deposed a new set of mean girls/jock assholes rises up to fill the power vacuum.

Sentenza

Eh, on one hand it's not so hard to believe that the sanctimonious preacher with the "holier than you" attitude is actually a narcissist serial abuser.
On the other hand you can never clearly draw a rational line on what some of these professional victims define as "abuse".

"My boss spoke harshly to me that time he/she was mad and expected me to do proper work" is enough to be a monster for some of these guys.
And now we have people piling in with "She was sporting dreadlocks at some point. Muh culutural appropriation!".

Last edited:

DapperSloth

The thing I love most in that ResetEra thread is that they view this as just a slap on the hand.

"Please remember everyone: the answer to abuse is not abuse, it's accountability. Do not harass anyone. Do not harass."
"Man, we live in crazy times. Jennifer Scheurle's career could be over in a heartbeat (maybe rightfully so), simply based on twitter allegations."
"So what type of abuse are we talking about? I guess I don't understand exactly what she was doing to warrant the call-out."
"I don't really understand what's going on though (general abuse? not grooming but essentially grooming?) so I'll withold any kind of opinion for now, but so far it looks awful."
"This is key to all this. Noni needs help to not get harassed, and Jennifer needs to be held accountable, not harassed."

These are actual quotes from that thread jesus almighty. And not a SINGLE FUCKING word about how she cancelled Nolan Bushnell and stripped an award from him. Fucking insane. Women he worked with have come forward and said how much he helped them when times were tough many years ago.

That thread reads like this gif here:

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

But when men are accused of shit they didn't do (with evidence to back it up ofc, like that Justin Bieber thread, oh boy...) then it's:

Animated GIF

Unknown?

This all seems like a modern take on bullying, which is terrifying when you think how deep our digital presence is in our everyday lives. Family, friends, work etc.

I love the internet, but I hate what some people use it for.

I think the trick is to never jump on the hate bandwagon, even if it's someone you dislike and want to see suffer. It's easy slip into "well, if this person gets cancelled that would be sorta nice" trap, but it just keeps going in circles and repeating itself until everyone is tarred.

This woman looks fucking mental, just leave her alone and ignore her.
The trick is stay the Ffffff off Twitter!

VN1X

Banned

Haha the dreadlock thing always cracks me up. There's woke and then there's the American extremist version with a captical W lol.

I wonder how those people would feel about such appalling sights such as these:

EDIT: Disclaimer: If these accusations are true then obviously I hope the people who were groomed by Jennifer Scheurle (and whatever else) get their justice but not because of some dumb shit like "oMG sHE WaS weArINg DREadLOckS!".

Last edited:
Top Bottom