• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember when memes used to be like this back in the early 2010's?

G3zPFa1.jpg

How did I find this shit even remotely funny?
floyd.png

Airola

That was funny, actually.
Now go a few years back from that and remember what the memes were back then. It was all about being RANDOM. The comic you posted is lightyears ahead from that, what comes to being actually clever with jokes.

zenspider

Are we already hitting a point where internet memes are getting a cultural nostalgia loop?

It makes sense. I always wondered what the typical “the 90s are back!” nostalgia would look like after we ran out of subcultural runway. Memes duh.

I liked them then, I still like them now. I suppose I'm easy to please. I do like most of the now-a-day memes too though, the cat getting yelled at just slays me almost every time.

Fucking FLASH memes were where it really got good back in the day.

Pejo

I really wish Ugandan Knuckles hadn't been ground into the mud so quickly, that one made me laugh quite a bit at first.

The best thing about the internet in the 2010s was Red Letter Media.

Everything else was such a profound downgrade over web culture in the 2000s, fuck do I miss web culture of the 2000s.

Top Bottom