• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Halo 5 Multiplayer Beta is back tomorrow for 3 weeks for MCC owners

Gowans

After the couple of day preview some of us had had last week I have been counting down the days to the beta stating again.

Its been a long time since I've had so much fresh fun with competitive multiplayer (& a pistol).

I ended up watching the behind the scenes show The Sprint on the making of the beta while waiting and can't wait to battle my way up the ranking system.

I also think it will be showing up for pre-download shortly

OT here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955621

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. I'd almost forgotten. Work the next two nights but then I have 3 off. Should be fun.

I need this. Sleep, go to work, get off, take a short nap and I'll be playing the Beta until I go to work the next night. Please, I'm ready. This game looks like a blast, and it sounds like it plays great. Just let me give her a go.

Will there be more maps/game modes than the dashboard preview early access beta?
Yes, from what I understand there will be 7 maps including some forge variants. As far as game modes, we will see breakout and that other unshown gametype, I forget the name. They will also be cycling in a new power weapon and BR starts.

Edit: Beaten

Just bought the MCC last night and the beta should be installed by tonight when I get back from work, and since I'm off the next four days, it's gonna be a good time :D

Brudinho

Banned
Loved the preview test , can´t wait to play this tomorrow
Does anyone know if we need to redownload the game if we already played the preview?

Got an Xbox One last week; any deals on MCC? Been hesitant to buy it due to the horror stories but I'd at least like to play the beta and single player content for the other games.

I don't know if this is new thread worthy, but select Best Buy locations will be allowing gamers ages 17+ to play the Halo 5 Guardians beta on December 29 and January 3 from 3pm - 7pm local time.

Still cant play MCC multiplayer, If i download 10 gigs tonight and can't play the beta, then sorry Halo, but you're officially dead to me.

Does anyone know if I already downloaded the beta from the Preview Members closed beta am I good to go for the beta tomorrow or would I need to delete that one and re-download it?

Compsiox

Banned
As a member with the alpha preview I just got a 7 gb update to the separate halo 5 beta app. Will I need the master chief collection?

Cross post from the OT:

1. Go to the Halo Channel app
2. Start watching an episode
3. Press X to show your rewards
4. Select "Nightfall Helmet" or "Nightfall Armor", and click "play Halo". These are Halo 5 rewards, and it will take you to a store page to download the beta.

You need to have unlocked the rewards, so that means watching (or skipping through) the episodes.

Thanks to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qmgvv/psa_dont_forget_at_10am_pst_you_can_preload_the/cn7j8q0
Let me download this way, wonder if I'll be able to play it though. Got a refund on my digital copy of MCC, so I guess we shall see.

MysteryM

Not too sure I'm even bothered to be honest, MCC still not being anywhere near fixed has taken away any interest I would have had for halo 5. This from a one time major fan of halo multiplayer.

Mr White

Cross post from the OT:

1. Go to the Halo Channel app
2. Start watching an episode
3. Press X to show your rewards
4. Select "Nightfall Helmet" or "Nightfall Armor", and click "play Halo". These are Halo 5 rewards, and it will take you to a store page to download the beta.

You need to have unlocked the rewards, so that means watching (or skipping through) the episodes.

Thanks to Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2qmgvv/psa_dont_forget_at_10am_pst_you_can_preload_the/cn7j8q0

Or you can launch MCC, go to Extras and choose Halo 5 MP Beta. It will show you short cinematic, and redirect to store page

Leyasu

Banned
Not too sure I'm even bothered to be honest, MCC still not being anywhere near fixed has taken away any interest I would have had for halo 5. This from a one time major fan of halo multiplayer.

It works mate (halo 5) and it works well. Don't miss this.

So are we getting the 1 month benefit for this or do we have to wait?

My account is up on the 31st :(

From Halo Waypoint:

Halo Waypoint said:
When and how will I receive this content and 1 month of Xbox Live Gold?

Beginning as early as mid-January 2015, depending on your existing Xbox Live subscription type, we will either apply the one month of Xbox Live Gold directly to your account or send a redeemable token via the Xbox One message center. In either case, we will send a confirmation via the in-console message center, so please check it regularly.

The exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar will be available in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” in December 2014 via an upcoming content update. Check Halo Waypoint for further updates on release of the nameplate and avatar.

The re-mastered version of the campaign for “Halo 3: ODST” in “Halo: The Master Chief Collection” and the re-imagined “Halo 2: Anniversary” version of the “Relic” multiplayer map will be available in spring 2015. Both projects were not part of our original development plans, but as a result of community feedback, and to do something special for our fans, both are now in development. The campaign for “Halo 3: ODST” will be delivered via a free download token for eligible players1 of “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” and “Relic” will be included as part of a free content update for the game.

Toa TAK

Banned
Had a blast with the time being in the Preview club gave me, but I don't think I'll rush back into it too soon, considering more content won't be added until later. Plus, I think I'd rather play some more MCC, horrifyingly buggy as it is.

Top Bottom