• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Nintendo New York store re-opens tomorrow (Feb. 19)

Drago

if anyone here ends up buying extra Boo or Power Up plates to sell to gaffers, I call dibs.
arms.gif

Really wish I was there to visit, I love the NWS!

Saw some Splatoon hats from the game on Twitter. Were those hats always in NWS or are they new stuff?

Anyways gonna visit sometime in the next week to check it out.

Type40

Those faceplates sometimes show up on the official online store, but they sometimes sell out pretty quick. I think all of those were up a few weeks ago though.
A bunch of the faceplates are on their website. Though I don't see a couple of them on there, like the Boo plate.

If I had the extra cash, I would buy a couple for people on here, so I'll see what I've got after the shirts and whatnot. Only want the exclusive items as I can make a trip up there any other weekend. But still need to make sure I've got money to go out drinking.

Yea, I saw them near when they went up, boo was sold out just before I found out they had him.

The 2 others were originally regional bundle exclusives... The colorful Mario pattern was from Korean and the White Kanji/Ambassador one was European Club Nintendo.

I have paypal at the ready if anyone ends up grabbing a bunch.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope to see lots of videos inside Nintendo NY in the next few hours.

I hope to see lots of videos inside Nintendo NY in the next few hours.

I think I might be a jackass again and go around taking 3D pictures with my 3DS if anyone would be interested in those. Still might have some on my card from a few years ago.

Saw some Splatoon hats from the game on Twitter. Were those hats always in NWS or are they new stuff?

I don't remember seeing them on my last visit sometime before they closed down for renovations, but I could have missed it. I did however grab me that NES controller pattern hat. Wish they were flex-fit though.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Holy shit, they have tons of coverplates including the Boo ones. Someone pick me up one!
Cblc-QMUkAAbxKS.jpg:large

edit: seriously though, if you happen to be there I would totally love if you could pick me up a set :)

Well, shit. Super jealous of folks that get to visit this store and just buy cover plates off of a peg.

nikos

Gonna stop in later tonight. Hope it's not too slammed.

EDIT: Sort of tempted to go sooner for some Boo plates.

EDIT 2: Long queues? Not worth it.

Astral Dog

I went to that store, was very dissapointing :/
Nothing really interesting, and no new merch,after years. i wonder if this new renovations will be worth it.

Tom Nook

Damn it Nintendo! Why can't you open a store in the west? LA, SF areas is a big market. :(

Can't wait for a Video tour.

I bet all those plates are bought and on eBay within five minutes of opening.

Holy shit those Boo plates on eBay are crazy expensive. If there are any left tomorrow, I'll try and grab one or two for gaffers here. Only charge for the purchase price and the shipping cost.

maxcriden

Holy shit those Boo plates on eBay are crazy expensive. If there are any left tomorrow, I'll try and grab one or two for gaffers here. Only charge for the purchase price and the shipping cost.

Pretty please get as many as you can....hoping for one also if possible! :)

Jhoan

That FE Fates SE is gonna go so fast, it's not even funny. I'm caught up doing errands so won't be able to pass by for another couple of hours. Saw pics on my Twitter feed of the line and it was bad. Would be nice to get some swag.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Look, I neeeeeeed one of those Splatoon hats. And probably shirts and any other merch they have. Fuck I wish they had an online presence. :(

Whompa02

I work near there and there's a line all around Rockafeller for it...yeah not going there today. Looks like a complete hot mess.

AdanVC

Look, I neeeeeeed one of those Splatoon hats. And probably shirts and any other merch they have. Fuck I wish they had an online presence. :(

Yeah I was hoping that with this renovations, they would add an online store or something but nope, screw everybody else that doesn't live in NY : /

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
I wanted to visit today after picking up my Fire Emblem Fates SE but seeing those pictures on Twitter made me turn around and head home. Will try again tomorrow.

Banned
Nintendo Toronto needs to happen. If they're renaming the store with city names then I want to see expansions. I'd love to buy so much useless shit there like plushies and action figures, posters, etc.

I wanted to visit today after picking up my Fire Emblem Fates SE but seeing those pictures on Twitter made me turn around and head home. Will try again tomorrow.
Link?
They start at $100 on eBay and Amazon these days. The Kanji and Power Up around $80. It's ridiculous!
Damn
I work near there and there's a line all around Rockafeller for it...yeah not going there today. Looks like a complete hot mess.
:/ I just wanted to go to try out the size of the regular n3ds and grab a faceplate

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Yeah I was hoping that with this renovations, they would add an online store or something but nope, screw everybody else that doesn't live in NY : /

it's not like they're the only big-brand official store in NY with exclusive merchandise. it's part of tourism.

qko

Wish they made these around the world with the new branding. Nintendo LA, Nintendo SF, etc. etc.

Again, if I have the money to spare, I'll grab however many I can. I know they have 15 on the rack, but I'm sure they have more inventory on the back just like any other shop.

Then again, with how exclusive they seem to be, chance they could be sold out by today.

massoluk

Banned
Eeeeeeeek, is that a Mega Yarn Yoshi! I must get there this evening, I must. Oh please, oh please, oh please. My heart.

Mrmask

So non New-Yorkers have to pay ebay scalper prices on everything we see here, I'm guessing? The shirts look nice, but I feel like everyone will buy all the new stuff(plus cover plates and the FE SE) just to re-sell.

Forgot NYC schools are closed this week. Explains the long ass lines.

Store looks great and I really want to check out that big TV. Would be a nice way to watch the E3 direct this year.

So non New-Yorkers have to pay ebay scalper prices on everything we see here, I'm guessing? The shirts look nice, but I feel like everyone will buy all the new stuff(plus cover plates and the FE SE) just to re-sell.

Hopefully they have a one per customer rule on some of that stuff.

That happens with anything like this anywhere. Shame they don't have another store or two in the United States. I'm just hoping they have still have the shirts going tomorrow. And if I can get a couple face plates for people I will.

Mrmask

Hopefully they have a one per customer rule on some of that stuff.

As long as they have that limit and enforce it. I never been there myself, so I wouldn't know there, but at my Toys R Us, they had limits for things, but as long as you complain enough, they break that limit. Happened with amiibo, sadly.

That happens with anything like this anywhere. Shame they don't have another store or two in the United States. I'm just hoping they have still have the shirts going tomorrow. And if I can get a couple face plates for people I will.

They really should have put some stuff online for the rest of us Nintendo fans around the country.

Edit: People are already putting up the shirts and pins on ebay for around $95+

Top Bottom