• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remove a letter from a game and make it based on the title

Michele

you.
Remove a letter from a game and make it based on the title

Let's go!

Price of Persia:

You are playing a Jewish merchant, starting from the very bottom, who creates a trading empire in ancient Persia which takes over the goverment

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
Akuza :

Formerly a man named Iryu was working his way up to make a name for himself in the Yakuza. But he get's betrayed by his best friend and expelled from the Yakuza. He decides that for too long there has only been 1 ruling mob and decides to change his fate and create a new group to rival all Yakuza in Japan and calls his group The Akuza. Soon the last remaining members of the disabled group called the Amurai joins him for his quest to dominate the crime world in Japan.

Crazy Tax
Country management simulation

Half-Lie
Investigative game involving aliens and the government

VVVVV
Huh, a platform game I suppose.

Silvawuff

NieR: Automat. A game about vending machines having an existential crisis.

Shove Knight: A game about shoving a knight.

Achelexus

Dad by Daylight

You spend the night in the waiting room in the hospital while your wife is giving birth.

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
Tom Raider. Game about some fella called Tom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Codes 208

I know ive seen this thread before somewhere...

But humor you, Hal: Combat Evolved

Hal has returned as an ever evolving android

Mad Ax

Sequel to God of War starring the ax who has inherited the waning rage boner of his master and, in a quest to avenge the life he has lost, aims to kill him.

noqtic

Moral Kombat

- You're clan has been wiped to near extinction, as one of the last SJW's it is your duty to perform a fatality on immorality.

Ears of War

- Tensions are high and the country is on the brink of war with a neighboring nation. You're an agent for a powerful arms dealer and it is your job to persuade the nations to war. Use your investigative power which includes supersonic hearing to gather intel that may tip the scales of war and net your boss a huge profit at the loss of thousands of lives!

Last edited:
Post-apocalyptic shooter where every bullet ages your target to a point where their violent tendencies have fully withered

Natulyre

Neo Member
To the Mon

A story-driven experience bout two doctas traversing backwards through ah dying mon's memories to artificially fulfill iz laas wish

KOMANI

KOMANI
I see Metal Ear Solid... I would have gone with Meta Gear Solid. I’m drawing Total Recall as an inspiration, where the character has no idea if the world he’s in is real or simulated. In return, I would also have the player question their existance and reality with meta references and 4th wall breaking.

Akuza89

RMS

RACING MAD STUDENTS

In this cart racer your a student... you'll be learning to drive... then picking up cash pots along the way... along with other types of pot....s

You'll progress through a quick 4 years, reaching the end of university road...then suddenly realise your final destination is a mcdonalds.

BUY IT NOW ONLY £79.99!

hehe. Akuza. that's me. (sorry)

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
I see Metal Ear Solid... I would have gone with Meta Gear Solid. I’m drawing Total Recall as an inspiration, where the character has no idea if the world he’s in is real or simulated. In return, I would also have the player question their existance and reality with meta references and 4th wall breaking.

You can also go for Metal Gear Sold. A Metal Gear spin-off about Revolver Ocelot running an auction house.

Biosock.

You must go to a dystopian city founded on the premise that no man has the right to dictate how one must wear socks.

Ballthyrm

Sacking: a game about firing people
Paper, please: a game about running a paper factory
F.A.R: game about going as far as you can
The walking Dad: you have to take care of your kids while drunk

Makariel

Into the Beach - add-on for the sims (I would not be surprised if that already exists)
Another Word - similar to The Typing of the Dead, but in a strange world where the protagonist was teleported to after driving his sports car to a science experiment

Need for Seed
The earth faces a countdown for complete green areas extinction. Water sources scarcing and running down make things worse. The only hope they have is for a seed who grows with no water and even in the most arid ground. How much will you fight for it?

PhoenixTank

Alen: Isolation
A bloke named Alen decides to become a hermit. Do your best to avoid people as you search for to the isolated cave/shack/woods of your dreams.

Rash Bandicoot
Your wumpas have been bitten by a rabid marsupial - Overcome the embarrassment of telling your doctor about it or die.

UnderAle
Your local pub hasn't ordered enough beer and is running out. Share the beer fairly or deprive the other drinkers by gorging yourself.

SUPERHO
You must update your Steam Store preferences to see this game.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Need for Seed
The earth faces a countdown for complete green areas extinction. Water sources scarcing and running down make things worse. The only hope they have is for a seed who grows with no water and even in the most arid ground. How much will you fight for it?

I can think of a very different story for that title :messenger_winking:

TacosNSalsa

Bloodbone. You've had an erection for 3 and half hours..you have 30 mins to make it to a hospital before your penis falls off..

I can think of a very different story for that title :messenger_winking:
I know ;)

You play as this gardener who enters the "best garden of the year" competition. to win the most desired price: "the golden rake" and 1 year contract with most natural gardens places around.

is that? lololol

brian0057

Banned
To the Mon

A story-driven experience bout two doctas traversing backwards through ah dying mon's memories to artificially fulfill iz laas wish

I would've gone with To The Moo. It's basically the same game but with cows instead of humans.

Retro_V486

Word of Warcraft.

A quiz game about the orcish language.

Pokémon Old and Silver.

You play as prof. Oak.

Meg Man

A man called Meg fights his bullies.

Fatal Fur

You're an activist fighting against people who wear fur.

Dad Island

Run away from family responsibilities and go live alone in an island.

Last edited:

Basoes

Maiden Ape Assault Violent Semen Inferno - I don't think I need to explain this one

Or Honor- a feudal bowing simulator, fail and commit Sudoku

Ad Rats - the video games so bad that it's just an ad about rats

Seraphym

Star Wars Battlefont, Word add on. Star Wars fonts versus the dreaded paper clip.
Ears of War, collect the ears of your enemies as you fight in the grim dark future

WaterAstro

Uncarted 4 - Disney Pixar's Cars go on an epic adventure to find the lost city of Libertalia. Race your way around the world to pirate treasure!
The Last of U - It's you, not us. You're on your own in this post apocalyptic world.

Bullet Club

Phantasy Tar - A game where you go around tarring fantasy characters like hobbits & Willow.

SS Tricky - A Nazi snowboarding game.

Secret Of Man - A man has a secret. Find out what it is!

Tenaciousmo

Spider-Ma, (Android, iOS)
You're a mama spider and have to repair your web at the same time as collecting your victim in your web, halfway through a clicker and tycoon games

Tenaciousmo

Hi man (Steam, kickstarter, stretch goal for PS4 and NS)
Psychological horror adventure phone-based game, you first recieve a text saying Hi from your friend and text hi back, and that's the last activity on his phone before he disappears, it happens 6 more times around town. You, the
Big-time city cop, moved back to his hometown investigate through people phone .

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Rod Rash - A VR game where you have to scratch someone's itchy penis.

Burger Tim - A guy called Tim gets turned into a burger. You have to evade dogs and fat people that are trying to eat you.

A Boy And His Blo - Guide a young drug dealer to the top of the gangster ladder in this GTA style game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Pace invaders

You’re doing a park run. Not in good shape but your doing well. Suddenly you are met by the runners that are too fast to over take and stay in front of but they are too slow that they never speed up so they constantly block your way.

DLC includes different characters to block your run

Ninja Aiden
You play as Aiden he wants to be a ninja.
It’s an indie so it’s light on actual combat

instead the whole ninja aspect is Aiden coming to terms with his parents bitter divorce and him escaping his reality

This ar of mine
Follow up to Ninja Aiden. His parents st the last minute didn’t split up but remained married the constant bickering and being put in the middle has taken its toll on young Aiden, he regresses even further. He is a Ninja pirate now

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Panzer Dragoon Sag - You're a plastic surgeon that performs facelifts on old dragons.

Ale Kidd - The adventures of an alcoholic boy with a giant head.

Super Mash Bros - Use fighting game style moves to mash potatoes.

Virex

Banned
Silent ill- you lost your voice due to an illness and go to a town to find a cure.

Last edited:

Crystalkoen

Go of War:
Two opposing warlords have seen enough bloodshed from battles fought in their names, so instead decide to settle their differences over a peaceful game of Go.

EDOT: thought up another in the shower.
Dablo: The Lord of Yeet, Dablo, has created an island and is hosting a Battle Royale for the world's best dabsicians. Who will come out on top, showing the world that they have, in fact, the sickest dabs?

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Word of Warcraft.

A quiz game about the orcish language.

Pokémon Old and Silver.

You play as prof. Oak.

Meg Man

A man called Meg fights his bullies.

Fatal Fur

You're an activist fighting against people who wear fur.

Dad Island

Run away from family responsibilities and go live alone in an island.

Fatal Fry

A documentary about the potential health problems caused by greasy fast food.

Top Bottom