• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid files trademark for "Moon Chronicles"

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On the 9th of January, 2014, Renegade Kid LLC (Dementium: The Ward, Moon, Mutant Mudds) filed a trademarked for "Moon Chronicles". The new application entered the Trademark Reporting and Monitoring System (TRAM) of the USPTO yesterday, the 13th of January. It's a basic 1B filing (Application Based on Intent to Use), and reads as following:

Word Mark MOON CHRONICLES
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer programs, namely game software for use on computers and video game players; downloadable computer game software; video game discs; computer game cartridges, prerecorded CDs and DVDs featuring sound and video in the fields of music, live action programs, motion pictures and animated cartoons
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 86161058
Filing Date January 9, 2014
Current Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Renegade Kid LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY TEXAS 9513 Lynnhaven Street Austin TEXAS 78749
Attorney of Record Matthew J. Booth
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86161058&docId=APP20140113065405#docIndex=0&page=1

Most likely related to this. So there you have it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's problably what Jools teased in the last weeks.

I can't help but see Moon as a awesome Prime clone, as both are space FP adventure games, and Jools was from Iguana as were the folks at Retro.

This will hopefully scratch the Prime itch on 3DS, now let's hope someday we get a full-fledged Moon on Wii U. :p

Hellraider

Both Dementium games were better than Moon. Still, the jump in quality from De1 to De2 was so big I more than welcome a sequel to Moon.

Wasn't he teasing a reveal for the end of the month, which led people to speculate that it was for a Direct? Or, am I thinking of someone else?

Ridley327

Wasn't he teasing a reveal for the end of the month, which led people to speculate that it was for a Direct? Or, am I thinking of someone else?

He is, and it is likely that this is that announcement.

I'm guessing it's going to be an enhanced remake of the DS game, which could certainly use it.

Sounds more remake-like than sequel-like. Or expanded remake maybe? Chronicles meaning several stories? Start with moon because not a ton of people played it, then keep going after the point where the original game ended?

Glass Rebel

heh

Nyy8Aoj.png

hm

Well, let's hope it's a (spiritual) sequel to Moon. I always found that the most interesting of their games.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
was very underwhelmed by Moon, but a pumped up remake would maybe make me reconsider. I'da liked a different setting though

Moon wasn't that good as it is, just to be honest. Had a nice theme and was really smooth technically, but the game itself was lacking. Still, you can tell they had the best intentions, so with them being more successful as of late, it could bode well for a sequel to a promising game. I'm interested. If they can get it on the quality level of Mutant Mudds, I'd be hyped. That game was had a nice, measured, cohesive design that worked really well.

Sweet! I never played Moon.

But was there a sequel? If not what does 'Chronicles' mean? New content?

There was never a sequel. No one has any idea what chronicles means. Renegade Kid promised information of some kind at the end of January on one of their unannounced projects. It could be this one.

Nemesis_

Moon really filled that Metroid niche for me on DS, especially since Prime Hunters was so average. It was about being isolated somewhere in space.

I hope they can recapture that magic with a new game, if this is indeed what it is.

since Nintendo aren't really paying any attention to Metroid themselves T_T

rjc571

Banned
Random, is there some sort of DS emulator with effects and enhancements like dolphin?

There are DS emulators, but none of them can increase the internal resolution. Something about the way that the DS handles 3D makes it difficult for emulators to implement higher resolution rendering.

Nilaul

There are DS emulators, but none of them can increase the internal resolution. Something about the way that the DS handles 3D makes it difficult for emulators to implement higher resolution rendering.

Really ? Dam thought Ill play it on my PC in HD, since I allready own it on my DS.

Top Bottom