Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Releases Green New Deal Outline

Aug 12, 2008
You don't really need to limit the population. All signs point towards humanity eventually abandoning physical form. Until then, there is more than enough Earth to support us, and our evolutionary predisposition to tool-building has always saved us. As someone else brought up earlier, we are on the verge of commercially-viable technology to scrub CO2 and fix it back into other forms.
Within the constraints of 10 years of this presumed New Green Deal? Impossible.

Though I am on board with furthering Solar technology, I am not on board with limiting my quality of life at the expense of a fantasy.

Last edited:
May 20, 2007
I am aware of the Georgia Guidestones and I am not necessarily opposed to the idea of limiting population, however there is a world apart regarding legality and deciding who merits life in this country.

Which is a reality that I like to point out to progressives. If you want unfettered immigration to the U.S.A., then you better throw out your ideas of a green planet.
Fair enough. I had just been reading about them the last week and found it shocking how seldom they are talked about. When you stated what you did I felt it a great time to reference them, though I'm glad to see that you've already been acquainted.

And yeah, I find many of the stances given in US politics.... contradictory at best. :)

Oct 1, 2006
Within the constraints of 10 years of this presumed New Deal? Impossible.

Though I am on board with furthering Solar technology, I am not on board with limiting my quality of life at the expense of a fantasy.
I wasn't saying within AOC's plan, obviously, I was just saying in general. The planet can sustain a much larger population of humans, and once it can't that problem will just drive off-world colonization and migration. Eventually, technology will get to the point where biological bodies will not be necessary anymore, and there will be no more population limits in terms of space and food resources.

In the meantime, nuclear power is a must. Creating a thriving nuclear industry will also help research into even better tech, which will eventually lead to fusion plants. (Terrestrial) solar should always be considered a supplemental power source.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I wasn't saying within AOC's plan, obviously, I was just saying in general. The planet can sustain a much larger population of humans, and once it can't that problem will just drive off-world colonization and migration. Eventually, technology will get to the point where biological bodies will not be necessary anymore, and there will be no more population limits in terms of space and food resources.
I hope our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren enjoy all that

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Funny how the Republicans here are the first and exclusive ones to bring up and talk about identity politics.

All identity politics are bad, but yet you can't stop it yourself.
Do you think I'm a Republican? lol

I think Ally from the Bronx is an idiot based on the numerous idiotic things she has said and done, frequently under the tainted guise of identity politics. The people criticising identity politics are not the ones pushing it no matter how desperately you want to take a knee and believe it.

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
Adam's post that you replied to was talking about detention of people caught trying to illegally cross the border, not citizens. I don't think the US, or any country, has a responsibility to rehabilitate non-citizens.
That particular portion I quoted said "imagine if prison was 5 stars everyone would be robbing their grandma." or something to that effect. Contrasting prison with the illegal detention, and saying prison itself shouldn't be too appealing either. It seemed that portion of the post referenced normal citizen prison.

Oct 1, 2006
I hope our great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren enjoy all that
It won't be that far off. Singularity is probably only a hundred or so years away. Once it happens, everything will change overnight.

I'm mostly speaking against the growing pessimism that humanity is doomed or will kill itself. Adversity just tends to make us better.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
Do you think I'm a Republican? lol

I think Ally from the Bronx is an idiot based on the numerous idiotic things she has said and done, frequently under the tainted guise of identity politics. The people criticising identity politics are not the ones pushing it no matter how desperately you want to take a knee and believe it.
All you do is push identity politics, bring it up and whine your ass off about it. Shape up.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2010
Have you heard her speak? Watch the video that @infinitys_7th posted above where she conflates illegals with legitimate immigrants, makes a spurious emotional allusion to all Americans except natives being immigrants, effectively advocates for open borders, then says she believes America is a nation of laws. This is just one video of many stupid things she has said/done. Did you even read the proposal in the OP? How can you not think she's stupid after suggesting replacing air travel with high-speed rail and practically suggesting printing money as a viable solution to all of America's ills.
That does not answer my question nor pertain to your original comment on why people are allegedely supporting her. In what ways have @JareBear or @ssolitare supported her solely because of her gender or skin color?
You say this like there's no evidence of it (claim 1) and that you're not supporting her based solely on her looks/gender/race (claim 2).
You are only addressing claim 1, not claim 2.

Anyone here that made some kind of drive-by post about people not supporting her because solely of racism or sexism would rightfully get called out, most likely by you and a few others. The opposite stance, that makes claims based on similar illogical pathways, should also be met with the same refutation.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
That does not answer my question nor pertain to your original comment on why people are allegedely supporting her. In what ways have @JareBear or @ssolitare supported her solely because of her gender or skin color?

You are only addressing claim 1, not claim 2.

Anyone here that made some kind of drive-by post about people not supporting her because solely of racism or sexism would rightfully get called out, most likely by you and a few others. The opposite stance, that makes claims based on similar illogical pathways, should also be met with the same refutation.
Because I have noticed their comments about her revolve almost entirely around superficialities across multiple threads now? What do you want me to do, go back through and catalogue every comment for you?

Your head in the sand feigned ignorance schtick is getting tiresome.

Jan 12, 2009
Because I have noticed their comments about her revolve almost entirely around superficialities across multiple threads now? What do you want me to do, go back through and catalogue every comment for you?

I have noticed in this thread and when AOC is brought up your laser focus on identity politics. You play the game more than anyone else.

You play the game so much you initiate it and fantasize about others bringing it in the very topic. You need to chill with it.

Dec 22, 2010

You made a claim that you are unwilling or incapable of substantiating. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. It is your absolute right to feel the way you do but it is my right to question the legitmacy of it.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I have noticed in this thread and when AOC is brought up your laser focus on identity politics. You play the game more than anyone else.

You play the game so much you initiate it and fantasize about others bringing it in the very topic. You need to chill with it.
Her entire political persona is framed around identity politics. Listen to the fake latina voice she puts on here:

Look at the gender pay gap rubbish that is part of her platform here (page 3 clause 3C): https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5729033/Green-New-Deal-FINAL.pdf

There are only the latest two things -- she has a long track record of it. If you don't want criticism of her to include identity politics, maybe she shouldn't be playing identity politics.

P.S. You have a Colin Kaepernick avatar.

Jan 12, 2009
Her entire political persona is framed around identity politics. Listen to the fake latina voice she puts on here:

Look at the gender pay gap rubbish that is part of her platform here (page 3 clause 3C): https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5729033/Green-New-Deal-FINAL.pdf

There are only the latest two things -- she has a long track record of it. If you don't want criticism of her to include identity politics, maybe she shouldn't be playing identity politics.

P.S. You have a Colin Kaepernick avatar.
Having kapernick as my av isn't inherently identity politics.

I want you to admit that you're an instigator of it, and that you don't need a starter kit.

You attack it to irrational degrees.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You made a claim that you are unwilling or incapable of substantiating. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. It is your absolute right to feel the way you do but it is my right to question the legitmacy of it.
It's a neat little game you've learned -- anytime anyone makes an assertion you don't like, incorrectly throw out spurious burden of proof arguments. You've done this a few times now without really understanding how burden of proof works or when it should be applied. We're talking about an impression that has been built up over multiple threads and multiple months. Here's a brief list of Jare's history of superficial tribalism regarding AOC:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gafs-hawt-not-thread.1471941/page-3#post-253772235

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gafs-hawt-not-thread.1471941/page-3#post-253772501

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fata...ess-victory-on-warren.1470564/#post-253689497

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/aoc-...t-being-morally-right.1471444/#post-253738063

You can do ssolitare's because the guy's posts are such inane waffling and handwaving that it does my head in having to read the crap he writes.

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I like AOC because she’s confident and ambitious.

Is she gonna take a lot of lumps on her way through Congress? Hell yes.

Is she gonna have to learn to compromise and suck some of the establishment ass in order to advance, like everyone does? Yes, she will.

But she’s got fire. I find that appealing. She’s got enthusiasm. I find that really appealing.

I watch these 120 year old rundown wind-up puppets get plopped down in their committee chairs, behind their nameplates, on both sides of the aisle and run their politician.exe program and I lose heart from their lack of souls.

Maybe AOC ends up like that, maybe she ends up chewed up, spit out, ground to the bone like all the others. Maybe she ends up a sociopathic hired-vote like the others, but for now she’s someone I can feel comfortable following, in the sense that I believe in her heart, and I believe she’s trying her best.

@whiskeystrike this is as well as I can explain myself. I know I’m in the minority here.

I post silly shit about hot chicks and whatnot but that’s just me trying to be funny (and failing, often)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
It's a neat little game you've learned -- anytime anyone makes an assertion you don't like, incorrectly throw out spurious burden of proof arguments. You've done this a few times now without really understanding how burden of proof works or when it should be applied. We're talking about an impression that has been built up over multiple threads and multiple months. Here's a brief list of Jare's history of superficial tribalism regarding AOC:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gafs-hawt-not-thread.1471941/page-3#post-253772235

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gafs-hawt-not-thread.1471941/page-3#post-253772501

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fata...ess-victory-on-warren.1470564/#post-253689497

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/aoc-...t-being-morally-right.1471444/#post-253738063

You can do ssolitare's because the guy's posts are such inane waffling and handwaving that it does my head in having to read the crap he writes.
You are inherently hypocritical.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Having kapernick as my av isn't inherently identity politics.

I want you to admit that you're an instigator of it, and that you don't need a starter kit.

You attack it to irrational degrees.
Are you blind? The Democrats' entire platform is based on identity politics right now. Of course it's going to be a focus of criticism for anyone opposed to its toxicity. Those pushing back against it are not the ones instigating it.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Is she gonna have to learn to compromise and suck some of the establishment ass in order to advance, like everyone does? Yes, she will.

But she’s got fire. I find that appealing. She’s got enthusiasm. I find that really appealing.

I watch these 120 year old rundown wind-up puppets get plopped down in their committee chairs, behind their nameplates, on both sides of the aisle and run their politician.exe program and I lose heart from their lack of souls.

Maybe AOC ends up like that, maybe she ends up chewed up, spit out, ground to the bone like all the others. Maybe she ends up a sociopathic hired-vote like the others, but for now she’s someone I can feel comfortable following, in the sense that I believe in her heart, and I believe she’s trying her best.
So, superficialities then?

Dec 22, 2010

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/aoc-i-think-that-there’s-a-lot-of-people-more-concerned-about-being-precisely-factually-and-semantically-correct-than-about-being-morally-right.1471444/#post-253738063

None of those posts demonstrate that @JareBear likes her solely because of race or gender. He potentially does have a bias that does not allow him to be as critical of her as others, but that is not what you claimed. Applying your logic to others, anyone here who posts about Trump winning or whatever nonsense, are they doing it because they enjoy Trump's charisma and attitude or because he is a white male?

For anyone else, again no, you make the claim and you must back it up. If you believe I don't understand burden of proof then please do me a favor and demonstrate where I'm going wrong.

Feb 3, 2018
USA

@whiskeystrike this is as well as I can explain myself. I know I’m in the minority here.

I post silly shit about hot chicks and whatnot but that’s just me trying to be funny (and failing, often)
If anything I hope she inspires younger people to actually get involved in politics. Like, if you want to go be involved and you have passion and motivation go for it. On either side.

Feb 21, 2018
That particular portion I quoted said "imagine if prison was 5 stars everyone would be robbing their grandma." or something to that effect. Contrasting prison with the illegal detention, and saying prison itself shouldn't be too appealing either. It seemed that portion of the post referenced normal citizen prison.
It was just an anaology, don't mean we should treat prisoners horribly. Just that prison is a form of deterence because its not a nice place, even if its as humane as possible. If Jail was nicer than where you live now there wouldn't be a reason to not commit crime.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
None of those posts demonstrate that @JareBear likes her solely because of race or gender. He potentially does have a bias that does not allow him to be as critical of her as others, but that is not what you claimed. Applying your logic to others, anyone here who posts about Trump winning or whatever nonsense, are they doing it because they enjoy Trump's charisma and attitude or because he is a white male?

For anyone else, again no, you make the claim and you must back it up. If you believe I don't understand burden of proof then please do me a favor and demonstrate where I'm going wrong.
You keep crying burden of proof to try and corral me into giving you an explicit example of them saying “I support her because she’s a female poc”. That’s not how communication works, and you’re using that tactic because you know it strips all other context from it.

With respect to Jare, he has openly said that he thinks being a liberal comes with the expectation of supporting anything minority related. Couple that with his focus on the superficial aspects of AOC and it’s not a huge logical leap.

With respect to ssolitare, for the past year he has been arguing first and foremost from a basis of identity. It’s so clearly ingrained in everything he does that when he frequently posts stuff like “BEAST” in response to her bravado rather than the content of her ideas, again it’s not a huge logical leap to assume that it’s rooted in identity. If the bravado was truly the reason he liked her, he’d have no reason to hate Trump as he does.

You keep asking me for proof. Well, I ask you: what constitutes proof for someone with their eyes shut and their fingers in their ears?

May 20, 2007
Most of this sounds like pure fantasy. I mean, I'm no expert on this stuff, so maybe it's just me being dumb but how would the US even afford this?
I'm pretty confident we're past the point where people are campaigning on actual policy and are now just trying to have the most morally just position possible.

It... really puts a lot in to perspective when I realize just how little worth the wellbeing of the country is given in comparison to what makes less informed voters feel good about themselves.

It is at least very good to be aware of. Very important to note how the candidates for president make their case.

Feb 25, 2017
The fact that we have someone as uninformed, unaccomplished, and uncouth as this AOC, gaining notoriety and support, speaks volume to the poor quality of American public life. We need representation that is the best and brightness, role models and heroes, not the loudest and most outrageous. I would hate to see a future where Americans are voting for someone simply because they are the first "X" immutable characteristic.

I'm on board now. Working sucks. I wouldn't mind retiring now.
I thought you were being funny but the paper actually wrote it. What a time to be alive, free everything without work.

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
If we put a man on the moon... Funded FDR's New Deal... And funded the construction of the interstate system... We can do this green new deal ...

And most of it seems doable... But neither corporate Democrats (including Pelosi) or the Republicans want ANY of this. THEY. ARE. BEHOLDEN. TO. THEIR. DONORS... Not the people of this country!

Oct 1, 2006
If we put a man on the moon... Funded FDR's New Deal... And funded the construction of the interstate system... We can do this green new deal ...

And most of it seems doable... But neither corporate Democrats (including Pelosi) or the Republicans want ANY of this. THEY. ARE. BEHOLDEN. TO. THEIR. DONORS... Not the people of this country!

Getting rid of airplanes. . .not doable.

Abandoning nuclear power. . .incredibly stupid, and not doable.

Using "green" energy (excluding nuclear, because FEAR TERROR) exclusively. . .not possible without great cost and ongoing maintenance, not even mentioning the massive ecological damage.

Giving free money to people who BY ADMITTANCE do not want to work. . .just confirms what everyone says about the welfare state.

Printing money whenever necessary because taxes are not capable of funding even a fraction of her plans. . .hello, hyperinflation.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
the US political system has purposefully shut out any real left for a long time. the two parties are just there to serve corporate interests. so it is refreshing to have someone like AOC just get out and say some actual leftist shit. it is a gasp of fresh air.

Obama was entirely on some vague aspirational shit, and as good a speaker as he was, the minute he was elected, he ran to the center and planted himself there. there was no push for stopping a war or questioning the necessity of Homeland Security. Dems continue to fund all US natsec, and in fact they complain when they aren't being funded, so AOC is a corrective against Trump AND the Dems.

it is nice to finally see some move to the left, at least rhetorically. as for people calling AOC stupid and crazy, I hope you see how well that worked against Trump.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

Can you tell me the costs of each of those things and how they compare to her green plan in the OP?

Aug 30, 2014
All you do is push identity politics, bring it up and whine your ass off about it. Shape up.
As he should. They're inherently racist and sexist and they are literally tearing the left apart at its seams because the tenants create contradictory paradoxes and logic is crushed by feelings. Intersectional theory is a poisonous mind virus propped up by grievance and victim studies that's rotting far too many heads in the past few years.

Dec 22, 2010
You keep crying burden of proof to try and corral me into giving you an explicit example of them saying “I support her because she’s a female poc”. That’s not how communication works, and you’re using that tactic because you know it strips all other context from it.

With respect to Jare, he has openly said that he thinks being a liberal comes with the expectation of supporting anything minority related. Couple that with his focus on the superficial aspects of AOC and it’s not a huge logical leap.

With respect to ssolitare, for the past year he has been arguing first and foremost from a basis of identity. It’s so clearly ingrained in everything he does that when he frequently posts stuff like “BEAST” in response to her bravado rather than the content of her ideas, again it’s not a huge logical leap to assume that it’s rooted in identity. If the bravado was truly the reason he liked her, he’d have no reason to hate Trump as he does.

You keep asking me for proof. Well, I ask you: what constitutes proof for someone with their eyes shut and their fingers in their ears?
I have no ulterior motives Matt. Simply put, I believe extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If you can't handle that without resorting to namecalling or making sweeping assumptions then discussions fall flat. I'm sorry we couldn't come to an understanding here but perhaps we can in the future.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Wow I missed a lot.

She is asking for the moon, and in a way playing the same type of game Trump does. And again, I still think she is an idiot.

However I can't disagree with infrastructure investment, or healthcare spending.

Now getting rid of air travel, or nuclear energy, or switching to an all electric car fleet is completely unhinged. High speed rail networks make no sense in "flyover" country. There is no reason we shouldn't have a high speed rail network in our densely populated coasts though. Hell, if China can build 18,000 miles of high speed rail in ~20 years, there is no reason that the US can't build half that in the same amount of time.

But, I don't see a problem with the government printing money for infrastructure investment. Japan has proven that it doesn't cause hyperinflation. In countries where it did cause hyperinflation, you had very undeveloped economies that were reliant on singular industries.

The US GDP is ~21% government spending. If it went away, we would suffer a severe recession, if not a full blow depression.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com

Getting rid of airplanes. . .not doable.

Abandoning nuclear power. . .incredibly stupid, and not doable.

Using "green" energy (excluding nuclear, because FEAR TERROR) exclusively. . .not possible without great cost and ongoing maintenance, not even mentioning the massive ecological damage.

Giving free money to people who BY ADMITTANCE do not want to work. . .just confirms what everyone says about the welfare state.

Printing money whenever necessary because taxes are not capable of funding even a fraction of her plans. . .hello, hyperinflation.

Let me be clear... I'm not advocating the dissolution of aircraft... We still need them ... But interstate high speed rail is doable and could get rid of those long bus trips. Japan does it, as do other Euro countries...

How would using green energy be detrimental to the environment? You mean building more wind machines? That doesn't work for all areas of the country.

However, It works for Texas and other states like it. Windy places like Chicago and parts of the Midwest and California, also. Wind in conjunction with solar in "desert states" would be a boon in weaning Americans off fossil fuels.

Charging stations for electric or hybrid automobiles would be great as well. A combination of electric, hybrid and hydrogen cars would put us ahead of the rest of the world technologically. We just need to be forward thinking (something that country hasn't been for decades) and BOLD!

Rebuilding our infrastructure in this way to make us the leader in tech and green (it's the future) would create jobs and sustainability in ways fossil fuels don't... Plus they'd be safer than coal mines ans offshore oil rigs. Retraining those workers into high paying green tech jobs would be amazing and a step into more of what our jobs as caretakers of the planet is supposed to be.

Nuclear? That CAN stay. And airlines still need fossil fuels for combustion engines (until we develop reliable tech for ion engines in planes).

As for "funding" people who don't want to work.... That's definitely not doable nor something most people want. I think she (or one of the cosponsors) did that to troll the rest od Congress.

Listen, we aren't going to get all of that... But maybe 80% of it... And that's better than the current status quo of "more gas and coal all the time and all the time more gas and coal!"

Compromise can be achieved... But both parties have to have vision ...

Most scientists agree (like over 95%) that our climate will be irreversibly changed in 12 years... Once the atmosphere gets hotter by 2%, there's no turning back and we've hurt all life (including us) for the next few hundred years (rising oceans, mass loss of life, etc.)

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Can you tell me the costs of each of those things and how they compare to her green plan in the OP?

From Forbes:

The final estimate of the cost of the Interstate System was issued in 1991. It estimated that the total cost would be$128.9 billion, with a Federal share of $114.3 billion. This estimate covered only the mileage (42,795 miles) built under the Interstate Construction Program
During the 1930s, the old New Deal costabout $50 billion in federal expenditures from 1933 to 1940, excluding functions such as the U.S. Post Office and the State Department.
Edit: we spend 4 times both of those costs combined for the military and rhey don't even use all of that money ... At least not on proven systems (like the waste that is the current fighter jets)

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018
High speed rail networks make no sense in "flyover" country
hi there, i live in "flyover" country, sadly i am not privileged like the people on the coasts. i have wanted rail for decades now. why the fuck not? i want to be able to take a train from Atlanta to Savannah. is that a poor request? people would take it all the time. they could sell alcohol and food on the train. it would rule. it would connect one of the largest airports to the Atlantic ocean. it would create so many jobs and so many businesses would start along the new rail.

tbh it is tiring to see people shoot ideas down as unrealistic. i don't care. they have to do something. at the moment all they are doing is symbolic clapbacks. the next time the defense and natsec budgets come up they will all come to the table as usual. at least these are ideas.

at least people like AOC are setting the stage. if GND is a bust, so what, come up with something new. if they want to beat Trump they will need to work at it this time. here's the best way to sell GND: legalize & decriminalize weed. it will pick up that flyover boomer vote that the Dems covet so.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
hi there, i live in "flyover" country, sadly i am not privileged like the people on the coasts. i have wanted rail for decades now. why the fuck not? i want to be able to take a train from Atlanta to Savannah. is that a poor request? people would take it all the time. they could sell alcohol and food on the train. it would rule. it would create so many jobs and so many businesses would start along the new rail.

tbh it is tiring to see people shoot ideas down as unrealistic. i don't care. they have to do something. at the moment all they are doing is symbolic clapbacks. the next time the defense and natsec budgets come up they will all come to the table as usual. at least these are ideas.

at least people like AOC are setting the stage. if GND is a bust, so what, come up with something new. if they want to beat Trump they will need to work at it this time. here's the best way to sell GND: legalize & decriminalize weed. it will pick up that flyover boomer vote that the Dems covet so.
Atlanta is flyover country? I live here too you know.

Atlanta would make sense as a HSR stop on a network for the east coast. It wouldn't make sense between say, Omaha and Des Moines though. I could see a southern loop being viable going cross country from coast to coast.

Oh, and MARTA needs to be expanded in all directions from the city center even out to places like Douglasville or Cartersville.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
The funny thing about this is America already is a leader in green technology. What exactly is this push for, other than to waste money and make people like DeafTourettes feel slightly better about their country or whatever.

But that isn't smart policy. This just seems like a lot of narcissism.

Apr 15, 2018
hi there, i live in "flyover" country, sadly i am not privileged like the people on the coasts. i have wanted rail for decades now. why the fuck not? i want to be able to take a train from Atlanta to Savannah. is that a poor request? people would take it all the time. they could sell alcohol and food on the train. it would rule. it would connect one of the largest airports to the Atlantic ocean. it would create so many jobs and so many businesses would start along the new rail.

1. Atlanta isn't fly over country
2. No it fucking wouldn't. Most trains lose money. Every single day in overpopulated California we have trains running that don't turn a profit without government aid. Atlanta to Savannah?😂
3. If you guys want a train so badly, pay your own state taxes and build it yourself. Interesting how this love for rail dissapear as soon as federal money is off the table

Cybrwzrd

Sep 29, 2014
3. If you guys want a train so badly, pay your own state taxes and build it yourself. Interesting how this love for rail dissapear as soon as federal money is off the table
Well states don't have the authority to create dollars. It is difficult to raise that type of funds through taxes.