Rep. Omar Gets Grilled for Anti-Semitism from Both Ends

Aug 30, 2018
The growing anti-semitism on the left has been a sight to behold. Now fart woman Ilhan Omar, a Democrat from Minnesota is getting smacked down from both sides after her latest comments. There's no place for this kind of rhetoric and she should resign.

A Jewish advocacy organization has called out Democrat Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, characterizing a tweet she wrote about the pro-Israel lobby as “stunningly anti-Semitic.”

Representative Ilhan Omar of Minnosota retweeted a post Sunday implying that she believed the Israel lobby, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), was paying American politicians to hold pro-Israel positions.

The American Jewish Committee promptly responded to Omar, also on Twitter, positing that: “Suggesting that a Jewish organization is buying off American politicians is both demonstrably false and stunningly anti-Semitic. American politicians are pro-Israel because Americans are.” The advocacy group also called on the congresswoman to apologize.
Source: https://www.newsweek.com/congresswoman-ilhan-omar-slammed-stunningly-anti-semitic-tweet-1326076

Democrat statement

Horrific tweet

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Nancy Pelosi and the congressional democrats are in denial in terms of how popular antisemitism is in their party. You can say and believe in plenty of heinous shit as long as you remember to "blame the state of Israel, but not the jews tee hee hee" loophole
Better late than never. It is good that the leaders start to openly speak out against the fringe in their party. Kick her out of congress, minority woman or not, her views are not compatible with civilized society.

But is this genuine concern about anti-semitism or is it more a realization that the campaign trails are about to start up and it is very bad optics to have openly anti-semites in the party.

Feb 21, 2018
Was going to post this.

She also said Israel Hypnotize the world and may allah awaken the people, and she supports BDS.

Just a reminder that yes what she said was antisemetic. She didn't criticize the Israeli government, there is nothing talking about any legislation or Israeli policy in here Tweets, she didn't even mention Israel. AIPAC does not equal the Israeli government.

Saying the only reason the GOP supports Israel is due to Jewish money is antisemetic. Its a classical antisemetic canard, Jews control politcis with their money. Of course this dum dum thinks that Republicans are too greedy or stupid to think for themselves. It doesn't cross her mind that maybe Republicans support Israel for mulitple reasons? The fact that its a long time democratic ally of the US. That Israel is the only refuge for the Jewish people in the world, a world filled with Jew haters. Or that many in the GOP are relegious christians, and the Bible says that Israel belongs to the Jews and god will bring the Jews back to their land.

Nope gotta be only the money, because the GOP has no values or principals amrite.

Irony is the leftists/REEEEEE will defend this, but when someone talks about George Soros then they all of a sudden become defenders of Jews.

Mar 12, 2014
Can you explain to me why criticizing the Israel government equals to being anti-semitic?
I suppose a distinction could be made, but in my lifetime I have yet to hear: "I hate the Israeli government, but the Jewish people living there are all cool and deserve to exist and live by their own laws."

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Can you explain to me why criticizing the Israel government equals to being anti-semitic?
when your complaints are inconsistently brandished and defined? For example, I struggle to believe that "Israel hypnotism" or "lobbying" and canards like that are anything more than what it sounds like. Bullshit dressed up as political critique.

Jan 7, 2018
Sorry you can't hide behind that excuse this time.

She didn't say anything about the Israeli government, she said AIPAC(JEWISH) money controls the GOP.

She didn't call out any government policy or Israeli politicians.
I wasn't even talking about her oagboghi2 mentioned that there is a "blame the state of Israel, but not the jews tee hee hee" loophole. I so to know what he meant by that.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
Wow, this is the future of the Democrat party?.....good luck with that.
I think there are some in the Democartic Party that want to be like the UK Labor party. Didn't AOC have a call with Jeremy Corbyn.

But ya Dems are kinda screwed. Green Deals that are essentially communist/marxist plans in disguise, antisemetisim, identity politics, race/class wars. They don't seem to have anything going for them right now and people are starting to see through the "TURMP TRUMP TUMPETTY TRUMP" BS they have been spouting for the last 2 years.

Mar 3, 2014
She also asked to defund Department of Homeland Security:

So there's that.

Seems like a gem. At least establishment Democrats are asking her to apologize for her racist statements. We'll see.
Yeah, the DHS only includes the following:

Agencies
  1. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) investigates violations of more than 400 U.S. laws and gathers intelligence on national and international criminal activities that threaten the security of the homeland (Homeland Security Investigations); and
  2. Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) enforces administrative violations of the Immigration and Nationality Act by detaining, deporting, and removing violators of United States immigration law.

• Transportation Security Administration: Responsible for aviation security (domestic and international, most notably conducting passenger screenings at airports), as well as land and water transportation security
  • United States Coast Guard: Military service responsible for law enforcement, maritime security, national defense, maritime mobility, and protection of natural resources.[15]
  • United States Secret Service: Law enforcement agency tasked with two distinct and critical national security missions:
  1. Investigative Mission – The investigative mission of the USSS is to safeguard the payment and financial systems of the United States from a wide range of financial and electronic-based crimes.
  2. Protective Mission – The protective mission of the USSS is to ensure the safety of the President of the United States, the Vice President of the United States, their immediate families, and foreign heads of state.
  • Federal Emergency Management Agency: agency that oversees the federal government's response to natural disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, forest fires.
Passports for U.S. citizens are issued by the U.S. Department of State, not the Department of Homeland Security.

Advisory groups:

Other components:

She's just another clueless button-pusher like AOC. "Defund this. Stop that." I can't believe these people are in Congress.

May 9, 2008
I think people throw around “anti-Semite” around way too casually like they do with “nazi” and “fascist”

I haven’t followed this person/story at all but her tweet in the OP is not antisemetic and I think the only reason it is being construed as such is because she says Allah in it. She isn’t calling for violence, she isn’t condemning Jews or all Israelis, she is just calling out a government that does some fucked up shit sometimes and calls it self defense.

Jan 7, 2018
I think people throw around “anti-Semite” around way too casually like they do with “nazi” and “fascist”

I haven’t followed this person/story at all but her tweet in the OP is not antisemetic and I think the only reason it is being construed as such is because she says Allah in it. She isn’t calling for violence, she isn’t condemning Jews or all Israelis, she is just calling out a government that does some fucked up shit sometimes and calls it self defense.
Neither have and I only remember a little about what she tweeted. She called Isreal evil I believe. Which is why she is being called out from the left and right.

Feb 21, 2018

Well in this particular situation she didn't say anything about the Israeli government.

And many people may not be familiar with antismetic canards, but saying Jews use their money to control governments is one of the oldest ones you can pull out.

It also makes the GOP to seem like children that can't think for themselves. In her mind the GOP would only support Israel due to some nefarious Jews using their money. It didn't cross her mind that maybe GOP supports Israel due to it being a democratic ally, or that Israel alligns with most Republicans Christian values. Nope gotta be Jews paying the GOP off thats the only choice.

Mar 5, 2007
Well in this particular situation she didn't say anything about the Israeli government.

And many people may not be familiar with antismetic canards, but saying Jews use their money to control governments is one of the oldest ones you can pull out.

It also makes the GOP to seem like children that can't think for themselves. In her mind the GOP would only support Israel due to some nefarious Jews using their money. It didn't cross her mind that maybe GOP supports Israel due to it being a democratic ally, or that Israel alligns with most Republicans Christian values. Nope gotta be Jews paying the GOP off thats the only choice.
^^ It's basically one step short of the blood libel as far as standard anti-semitic accusations go.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Let's play a game: which statement do far-Left ideologues parrot? It's hidden in a haystack of similar statements, but the others will actually trigger them. Can you guess?

"I'm not calling black people stupid, I just like to trot out research about low IQ"
"I'm not calling all communists murderers, I'm just referencing the historical genocide of the Chinese and Russians"
"I'm not calling Democrats baby-killers, I'm just pointing out that their idea of woman's rights involves terminating the life of children".
"I'm not calling Jews evil hypnotists who use money to influence politics, I was referring to the Jewish country Israel".

Isn't this "coded language"? Isn't this a "dog-whistle"? And when you tell people "no, no, no she's not being racist. You're confusing it" wasn't that called "gaslighting"?

Apr 15, 2018
^^ It's basically one step short of the blood libel as far as standard anti-semitic accusations go.
I find it very hard to believe that all these people just innocently found themselves reciting what is essentially a anti-Semitic smear by mistake.

"Jews control the *insert blank*" is one of the oldest out there.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I find it very hard to believe that all these people just innocently found themselves reciting what is essentially a anti-Semitic smear by mistake.

"Jews control the *insert blank*" is one of the oldest out there.
When far-Left Democrats are reciting Neo-Nazi / paranoid redneck rhetoric un-ironically and then scramble to say why it's "okay", it shines a light on how they view things.

It's okay if they say it.

But if you're white, wear a Confederate t-shirt, and say "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Jesus Christ awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel", then you're a Neo-Nazi.

Jun 12, 2009
That tweet alone doesn't seem that bad to me, but I don't really pay much attention to the Israel-Palestinian whatever.

Here, let's do it in reverse:

'Palestine has hypnotized the world. May God awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Palestine.'

Certainly not a good thing for a politician to say but how egregious is it really?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2013
England
I think if you don’t pretend you don’t know what she’s talking about in regards to context or nuance or just common sense, then it seems a little more innocent.

If you pretend that “the evil doings of Israel” isn’t obviously regarding the settlements, then you can definitely feel like she’s talking about every Jew being evil and even that’s a stretch.

If you pretend that “hypnotising the world” isn’t clearly referencing the fact that Israel seems to get a pass for the settlement policy with less criticism or consequence than she thinks they should, then yeah I could see how you’d think she’s simply randomly complaining about Jewish people having some kind of superpowers.

If you pretend that criticism of monetary influence by an American pro Israel lobby group which by definition in American politics is all about money, is the same thing as asserting that Jews control the world through money, then yeah you could see that as anti Semitic.

If you pretend that these statements aren’t in the context of her feelings toward the Israel / palestine war and that they exist in a vacuum, then yeah.

She definitely needs to work on saying things in a more politically correct way or to just stop using twitter though because she leaves herself open with these half assed Trump styled two liner tweets.

Jun 20, 2018
Left gets played by radicals to hand over some of that sweet power because skin color and perceived victim group is more important than what ideas the person actually has... never seen that song and dance in all of middle east history and over the last decade in the western world before..
Oh well at least the US is still miles away from how far the political subversion of lefty parties has progressed in europe.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2019
I think if you don’t pretend you don’t know what she’s talking about in regards to context or nuance or just common sense, then it seems a little more innocent.

If you pretend that “the evil doings of Israel” isn’t obviously regarding the settlements, then you can definitely feel like she’s talking about every Jew being evil and even that’s a stretch.

If you pretend that “hypnotising the world” isn’t clearly referencing the fact that Israel seems to get a pass for the settlement policy with less criticism or consequence than she thinks they should, then yeah I could see how you’d think she’s simply randomly complaining about Jewish people having some kind of superpowers.

If you pretend that criticism of monetary influence by an American pro Israel lobby group which by definition in American politics is all about money, is the same thing as asserting that Jews control the world through money, then yeah you could see that as anti Semitic.

If you pretend that these statements aren’t in the context of her feelings toward the Israel / palestine war and that they exist in a vacuum, then yeah.

She definitely needs to work on saying things in a more politically correct way or to just stop using twitter though because she leaves herself open with these half assed Trump styled two liner tweets.
It's always somehow about Trump, isn't it?
I count four tweets in this thread. Three are from the woman in question - two of those are from 2012 and 2013.
Or is that wrong?

Trump-style indeed.

Apr 19, 2018
I don't see anything wrong with what she said.

Israel money flowing into US politicians money and controlling them which in return gets support for Israel is same kind of news as water is wet or grass is green.

And it is true that Israel is basically apartheid state made out of fucking nothing outpushing native population and that practice exist even today in form of settlements and constant expansions.

I'm yet to see reasonable defense of its existence in first place let alone expansions.
The problem here is that Israel now has milions of people and obviously there is no way they will just go away.

So the only possible solution is either genocide of Palestinians or two state solution.
And we know the answer Israel and US chosen. Israel is not interested in sharing their clay much like US doesn't think about returning its land to conquered natives.

嫩翼

so it's not nice
Apr 2, 2013
臺北市, 臺灣
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018
Southeastern USA
Rant about how you hate Nazis one minute, then Israel the next, the absolute state of the modern left.

She also asked to defund Department of Homeland Security:

So there's that.

Seems like a gem. At least establishment Democrats are asking her to apologize for her racist statements. We'll see.
DHS exists because people that followed her Religion flew planes into US buildings and she has the gall to suggest it shouldn't get one dollar?

Dec 3, 2013
Rant about how you hate Nazis one minute, then Israel the next, the absolute state of the modern left.

DHS exists because people that followed her Religion flew planes into US buildings and she has the gall to suggest it shouldn't get one dollar?
Not hard to connect the dots. Surprised it didn't take that long for her, honestly.

Jun 20, 2018

I mean... the thing that gets me is that some people are actually surprised, sometimes i truly feel like i am one of the few adults in the western world populated with people who have the critical thinking skills of a disney character, its really time for leftists and naive virtue signaling people to get smarter before they do real damage.

Last edited: