• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Ghostrunner is (almost) unplayable on PS4 Pro, has major visual & frame rate issues

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

Ghostrunner is out today and as more users are getting it, reports on the performance of the PS4 Pro version are out making it sound unplayable.
According to multiple reports across Twitter and Reddit, the game has major visual issues on the PS4 Pro. It looks like a low-resolution game as per a user who shared a screenshot of the game running on his PS4 Pro.
The resolution is so low that everything looks pixelated. The developers have acknowledged this issue and assured a fix for it is currently in development and will be released soon.

ghostrunner-ps4-issue.jpeg

There are also reports that the game suffers from major frame rate issues on both a regular PS4 and a PS4 Pro. One of the fixes, for now, is to disable supersampling on the PS4 Pro. You can try to switch to 1080p resolution using the settings menu on the PS4 Pro to see if the issue is resolved, but the long-term solution is to hope for a patch by the developers.

Dr.Morris79

S1b46ye.jpg

Is it really any surprise. I'm just thankful these old bag of shit consoles can push what they can. They were duff when they came out.

Can you respond to what I asked? Do GPU architecture and 'muh SSD' now NO LONGER matter? Make up your mind?

Does the PS4 Pro have an SSD? Is it RDNA 2? Do things matter or NOT lol? Be consistent in the fanboying.
Did I trigger you? 🤣🤣

No PS4 doesn't have an SSD, it has HDD and currently has loading times that are as fast as XSX 🤣.

I am out of this thread.

Bye bye

Last edited:

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love
Shocking performance issues and really not a good look for the devs.

A real shame as from the reviews this seemed all very positive but it's really not on that the mainstream outlets literally did not mention these issues in their glowing reviews (IGN).

I wanted to get this, but I'm going to wait for the next gen versions to release and check out the lets plays.

This and Cyberpunk both have something in common: they both hid or are hiding console footage prior to releasing. That's never a good sign.

Shocking performance issues and really not a good look for the devs.

A real shame as from the reviews this seemed all very positive but it's really not on that the mainstream outlets literally did not mention these issues in their glowing reviews (IGN).

I wanted to get this, but I'm going to wait for the next gen versions to release and check out the lets plays.
They didn't mention the issues because no one reviewed it on consoles. Every review was on PC. We were told that console review keys wouldn't be available until launch day.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Thanks not buying this game on pc neither.
Fuck them for trying to pull this shit.

Banned
Well my point was that we dont usually see much difference between the Pro and OneX, a bit higher rez on OneX etc. This would be a bit of a weird situation to have both versions on the complete opposite of the spectrum.

well the game is primarily developed for PC and it already uses DX12.
an Xbox One X port should therefore be way easier. for a small game like that, this can make a difference.

GHG

Gold Member
Game runs silky smooth on PC so this is surprising.

But then I've only tried it with DLSS on in quality mode so far - getting 60fps with everything maxed at 4k with DLSS.

Banned
That's a shame. The game is tons of fun. Genuinely curious on how it plays with a gamepad though. I imagine it's probably pretty gross.

since a shitton of developmers are still, in the year of our lord the spaghetti monster 2020, terrible at doing controller aiming properly... I bet you're right. but who knows?

I wish there was a demo on Console... but the PC version should have proper controller support... I might actually try it later to see if it's well optimised for controllers

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Can you respond to what I asked? Do GPU architecture and 'muh SSD' now NO LONGER matter? Make up your mind?

Does the PS4 Pro have an SSD? Is it RDNA 2? Do things matter or NOT lol? Be consistent in the fanboying.

You seem mad. He's making good points.

Last edited:

replicant-

This isn't throwing shade as I love it, but it reminds me of Titanfall on the Xbox One. Lots of jaggies due to the resolution. Both of my pics are ps4 pro.

Banned
This isn't throwing shade as I love it, but it reminds me of Titanfall on the Xbox One. Lots of jaggies due to the resolution. Both of my pics are ps4 pro.

yeah that modified Source Engine really doesn't go well with base consoles.
I think Titanfall 1 ran at around 780p or something?

I am playing Apex Legends a lot, and I'm playing it on base PS4 mainly (because it is hooked up to a PC monitor and at higher ranks I just need that low latency)... that shit goes down to 720p30fps in some scenes, I shit you not! they now even have a framerate counter you can activate so I know for sure it goes down to 30fps... the 720p is an estimation xD it can't be far above that tho.

that's an engine issue tho, Ghostrunner doesn't have that excuse as it uses UE4 lol

edit: I also need to bring up the stellar work Bluepoint did back then with the 360 port of Titanfall... it ran at 712p or something I think and with only a slightly worse framerate than on Xbox One... that port was phenomenal! especially since I didn't get a next gen system right away and still could play a really good version of Titanfall on last gen.

Bluepoint man... crazy these guys

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Bro like bro its so bad bro. This looks so bad bro. Wtf is this bro.
Bro bro bro. :messenger_neutral:

Banned
That's a shame. The game is tons of fun. Genuinely curious on how it plays with a gamepad though. I imagine it's probably pretty gross.
since a shitton of developmers are still, in the year of our lord the spaghetti monster 2020, terrible at doing controller aiming properly... I bet you're right. but who knows?

I wish there was a demo on Console... but the PC version should have proper controller support... I might actually try it later to see if it's well optimised for controllers

update on that, just played the PC demo using an Xbox One controller, and the controls are actually fine!

No acceleration,

good button mapping options (I would recommend Bumper Jumper Alt. Tactical)
e851BkU.png
and it is responsive.

the only issue I have is that there is only a single reaction curve (which seems to be very linear, but many like a linear curve so for those, good news!) and there are no separate options for horizontal and vertical sensitivities.
usually having a slightly lower vertical sensitivity compared to horizontal sensitivity feels better, the vertical sensitivity just feels a bit too fast.

but, if we assume the game has no additional input lag on consoles due to some shitty vsync implementation *caugh* Sea of Thieves *caugh* Doom Eternal *caugh* the game plays absolutely fine on controller

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

Well, it's a 4TFs console. Same as one of the new next-gen consoles
4TF’s of RDNA2, a zen2 cpu, and a standard ssd. GTFO of here with this nonsense. Get a grip on reality. The Series S shits on current consoles, for 299 bucks. Must be very claustrophobic boxing yourself on to one brand. Stanning for one company. How much is Sony paying you? Yeah, fucking nothing, same as MS. They both make hardware, software, and will gladly take your money without so much as a reach around.

Top Bottom