• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Guacamelee coming to PS4 and Xbox One with new content, enhanced visuals

Drinkbox Studio's platforming puzzle game Guacamelee will launch on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Spring of 2014 and will feature new content, according to an IGN report that was published earlier today and has since been removed.

According to the article, the PS4 and Xbox One version of Guacamelee will have two new worlds with new enemies, a "chicken-bomb" ability and enhanced visuals and particle effects.
Via Polygon

From the removed link via salromano:

Drinkbox Studios has announced a slew of news for thirsty fans. Set for a spring 2014 launch, Guacamelee! Super Turbo Champion Edition will land on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

According to Drinkbox Studios' Chris McQuinn, the next generation Guacamelee will feature two brand new worlds, new enemies, a "chicken-bomb ability," and reworked visuals with enhanced particle effects.

dzelly

Why'd IGN remove it? doesn't seem too sensitive. Is it because Microsoft wanted it to be part of an ID@Xbox announcement?

I just got this game for $4 on the Vita, it is delightful. I hope it's cross buy on PS4 although with this extra content I bet it won't be.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
New content is appealing. Not sure how they'll really be able to upgrade the visuals. Game is much more focused on art than technical prowess.

bigmf

I really hope so. I just got it on the current week sale and I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough. I want to get three platinum trophies out of this one.

TimmiT

I might try this out if it's cross-buy on PS4. Would be nice if they removed all the references and memes and replaced them with actual jokes.

Cross buy?
I have the PS3 version, but never played it. Then got the Vita version from PS+ and never played that. I'd like to go for the hat trick.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope it's cross buy. I liked the game but got busy and never finished it. Would love to play with the DS4.

This is a new personal record for a better version of a game getting announced after I purchase the original. It's been about 8 minutes.

Not that either of those versions are going to launch for under $4.

Flandy

You'll all stop playing once you reach this
11469133026_3bf7e4b7e3_b.jpg

Gazoinks

So what's this one gonna be, Guacamelee Gold Gold? :p Hope it comes to Steam sooner rather than later.

You'll all stop playing once you reach this
11469133026_3bf7e4b7e3_b.jpg

Nah, that part was easy. Honestly, I found most of the story relatively easy and I'm not much good at platformers. The optional stuff though... Yikes.

....I don´t want this to sound like port begging....but It is kind of strange that there are so many Nintendo references (El Majora, the Choozo statue among others)

...and this game comes to everything BUT Nintendo.

C´est la vie.....I guess

...but great regardless.

Interfectum

....I don´t want this to sound like port begging....but It is kind of strange that there are so many Nintendo references (El Majora, the Choozo statue among others)

...and this game comes to everything BUT Nintendo.

C´est la vie.....I guess

...but great regardless.

If you are interested in games outside of Nintendo published titles you should probably invest in another console or a PC.

makatk

Banned
completed the vita version a while ago , its a good game but i found the humor over the top sometimes and the setting is kinda annoying at least compared to metroid .
i think the devs should have tried to do another game instead of porting this and adding dlc .

Tsunamo

I'll happily double dip on the game if it's got extra content. I loved every moment of it (along with the DLC) and would love more Guacamelee content.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Everyone missed that Mutant Blobs Attack is coming to X360/PS3 and Drinkbox is making a mobile game

jett

D-Member
I'm due for a replay. This game was one of my year's faves, Drinkbox is on my radar for anything they develop in the future.

Top Bottom