• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REPORT - Microsoft is “Spending a Lot of Money on Something That Isn’t an Acquisition”

splattered

Maybe the Xbox Series V is the minimum spec next gen Xbox for VR? Specs between Series S and X that is a mid strength console and mid range price to help offset the cost of the VR headset?

Yeah not happening, but could be cool (I'd be getting Series X anyway so I'd still grab VR headset separately)

Neo Blaster

Oh, another Voost Kain thread...

tumblr_n8cwu9vOU01r42zfzo1_400.gif

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Sure I saw Heisenberg mention on another thread MS are trying to get cyberpunk day 1 on game pass.

That's not happening and it would totally suck if it did happen.

On one hand I would laugh my ass off at the obnoxious Sony warriors that were cheering for Sony moneyhatting timed exclusives or exclusive content from every 3rd party they possibly could.

On the other hand it would be totally shitty for all the normal gamers that just happen to prefer PS5. Xbox would also be wasting a bunch of money that could be put to better use since Xbox players would gain nothing from taking it away from other gamers.

On one hand I would laugh my ass off at the obnoxious Sony warriors that were cheering for Sony moneyhatting timed exclusives or exclusive content from every 3rd party they possibly could.

On the other hand it would be totally shitty for all the normal gamers that just happen to prefer PS5. Xbox would also be wasting a bunch of money that could be put to better use since Xbox players would gain nothing from taking it away from other gamers.
Wouldn't it work the same as Wasteland 3 did (or was it outer worlds) where Sony got the game, but they had to buy it and xbox owners with gamepass got it for free

I kinda feel like Uplay for me is just invisible even on PC? Uplay + in value alone is ? 10 or 15 dollars I forget, but it only contains Ubisoft games, and while you do get the Ultimate versions of the games, I feel like because of how homogenized their design philsophy became, not many people signed up for their service. Sure I'll sign up for a month to try AC Vallhalla but after that ? Naaah . If you want to play old Ubisoft games then great, but you can just get em cheap elsewhere anyway. Also no yearly subscription option is a bit lame.

Plus this is not even available on Consoles, just PC, so who knows. I feel like getting Ubisoft on this with Gamepass Ultimate would see their numbers rise. I really wonder if Uplay+ is worth for them upkeeping at this point, and would love to see those numbers on PC.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How about said on what is this something, even just a hint? Because this does not mean anything...

Greeno

How about said on what is this something, even just a hint? Because this does not mean anything...
Jeff doesn't know what are they investing in, neither Imran. Both heard of this. Maybe its not related to gaming?

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Jeff doesn't know what, neither Imran. Both heard of this. Maybe its not related to gaming?
Well could be, because MS is probably spending money all the time. I guess, it's important how much tho. If it would be for another Azure server farm, it's probably not that exciting.

It either a 3rd party AAA launch game on gamepass day 1 or Ubisoft Uplay coming to gamepass like EA Play or Sega coming to gamepass take your pick people are guessing it 1 of those it has to do with gamepass.

I don't agree with that as a gamepass member i would love Cyberpunk day 1 on gamepass i would love all games to be on gamepass actually i already barely buy any game anymore thanks to gamepass i don't see how Cyberpunk would hurt PS5 by being on gamepass day 1 the PS5 people can still buy it wile the PC and Xbox players can get it without buying but they can still buy the game to support the dev if they want and also MS will pay CDPR handsomely everybody wins.

CatLady

I don't agree with that as a gamepass member i would love Cyberpunk day 1 on gamepass i would love all games to be on gamepass actually i already barely buy any game anymore thanks to gamepass i don't see how Cyberpunk would hurt PS5 by being on gamepass day 1 the PS5 people can still buy it wile the PC and Xbox players can get it without buying but they can still buy the game to support the dev if they want and also MS will pay CDPR handsomely everybody wins.

Damn, sorry misread it - I've seen people saying it would be a timed exclusive on Xbox and that would suck.

Day One on GP would be fucking awesome!!!!

CatLady

Wouldn't it work the same as Wasteland 3 did (or was it outer worlds) where Sony got the game, but they had to buy it and xbox owners with gamepass got it for free

Yes, it would probably work exactly like those games.

I'm a moron and was thinking Moneyhatting is as a timed Xbox exclusive not Day 1 on GP which would be awesome and wouldn't harm anyone on other platforms. I still don't think its happening though sadly.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

It doesn't need to be exclusive, but a big time 3rd party day and date launch into Game Pass would be huge.

Greeno

I don't see what do you mean? The guy you are replying to is saying maybe Microsoft is thinking of bringing Cyberpunk 2077 on GamePass, day 1. Not that it would be a timed exclusive.

supernova8

Banned
I wonder if the pastebin about Konami is actually true.
They're not buying konami entirely but use of multiple IPs .
Something like Konami gets royalties on any game MS sells that has already been made but newly made games based on said IPs AFTER this deal konami does not get any royalties.

It's possible!
Possible that silent hill will be on Xbox.
Sony be sweatin if true.

Hope they don't buy Konami. They couldn't get Perfect Dark right. They'll absolutely butcher MGS and Silent Hill.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Microsoft is vulnerable minorities build their consoles and won’t have Halo by the end of the year, after RROD and One’s confusing marketing consumers are cautious about buying another Xbox.

teezzy

Banned
Cyberpunk Gamepass.

or

VR compatibility on XSX. Like it or not, Microsoft need a VR solution within the next 12 months, or will lose a lot of market share to Sony

Phil has already expressed they have little interest in VR for the time being.

Honestly, they need to be spending money to ensure people have something new to play on Series S/X

My bias is heavy in favor of Xbox but dear lord is there nothing to play on there at launch apart from The Medium?!

Banned
my guess is they are getting either one or more major 3rd party Publisher to release their games day 1 in gamepass like MS themselves are doing.

that would need a massive amount of money for sure I would bet.

Paracelsus

Hope they don't buy Konami. They couldn't get Perfect Dark right. They'll absolutely butcher MGS and Silent Hill.

MGS4 has the distinction of being one the very few games in history that was moneyhatted so hard it never was ported anywhere else.
It wouldn't take much to hire Kojima and get him to remake MGS for XBSX and make it legally impossible to ever hit other platforms.

Ozzie666

Just back the truck up for Cyberpunk, either full on exclusive, lengthy timed exclusive or buy the company. But just back the truck up. It would be a huge deal to lock that title down.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping that Microsoft gets Watch Dogs Legion into Game Pass day one so I can play it for a $10 monthly rental instead of buying it.

Top Bottom