• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Titanfall 2 has a "science meets magic" campaign; TV series in development

Glowsquid

there will be a lot of [scenes] where science meets magic, but keeping it grounded and dirty and human and real.”

that's some high-level marketing gobbledygook

still, love titanfall so I'm happy to see more.

I expect them to go full on crazy with the wall running on this one.
SABqhab.gif

Well this was a confusing for a few loops...

Rizific

Mp only games are shit. You won't compete with cod if you don't have a campaign

to me, cod is a mp only game...and its still shit. titanfall's world is interesting to me and wouldnt mind a campaign. but titanfall is all about mp and id prefer if they focused on mp.

FATALITY

Banned
From all reports BO 3's campaign was a negative if anything, as was BF3 and 4's.
You don't understand. I know I lot of casual. Most of my friends and family. They are not looking for anything special. Just play a war game. Shooting things. When I try to introduce them mp. It was too hard for them.

Banned
I love mechs. I liked Titanfall for a little but I'm not really an online multiplayer gamer. A campaign would have been more appealing to me.

The story for TF2 sounds interesting, and a tv series and animated series would be great. I'm all for it. It's reach a wider audience this time too being on PS4 and (possibly?) NX.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Single player campaign on PS4? Sold. As long as they don't cal it titanfall 2

Day fucking 0 for Titanfall 2. Even though the first was light on content at launch it plays wonderfully. Cannot wait for the sequel. Will pick this one up on PS4

Ehker

Flush with cash after Titanfall clocked 10 million individual users
Yeah, hold on, flush with cash from the user count instead of going by sales? That works out well when you had a free trial.

At that point when the Division comes out Ubisoft could count the beta as users and call it a crazy success.

Needs to have a lot more depth. First one got very boring very fast. Maybe it's only CoD that has that addictive formula, for some reason TF and even Star Wars just felt really shallow compared to that addictive feeling CoD has.

zonezeus

We're talking Shadowrun or steampunk here? I can totally see this as an FPS Arcanum, with animated constructs as titans and parkouring mages. Some truly fresh air in this stale genre.

Would rather the Titanfalls, Battlefields and CODs all did away with Campaign, and instead allocated resources to map editors like Farcry's or Halo's. But whatevz. At least a Titanfall campaign could be interesting.

We're talking Shadowrun or steampunk here? I can totally see this as an FPS Arcanum, with animated constructs as titans and parkouring mages. Some truly fresh air in this stale genre.

Please not actual magic and spells.

You don't understand. I know I lot of casual. Most of my friends and family. They are not looking for anything special. Just play a war game. Shooting things. When I try to introduce them mp. It was too hard for them.

Well I'm sure your anecdotal family and friends who didn't buy the game themselves are really gonna hurt sales!

Loved the first Titanfall and it lacked a campaign and story. MP was ridiculously fun but had very low content and that's what burnt me out of the game quickly. I'm expecting Tfall 2 to be different and exciting based on this article. Don't really care about the TV series though.

Gator86

Titanfall needs an anime. Titanfall would work so well with an anime.

Absolutely. Just make attack on titan basically. I doubt that's the marketing direction they would want to take given the brodude audience they're probably trying to cultivate though.

If they can keep a grounded future-but-believable universe like they did in the first game as well as maintain the great gameplay I will be very happy.

Apt101

It makes sense to go in a somewhat different direction since the new CoD games pretty much took the basic hook of TF and improved upon the concept - along with offering campaigns and more variety.

Like a western Phantasy Star with giant robots/beasts. Well, hopefully.

Nocturno999

A single player campaign means that a lot of my friends will get it. I still love playing the first from time to time.

I'm not sure about the magic business, but I'm definitely down for a Titanfall campaign. Even better if it can be played in co-op.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Fuck yes. Call of Duty style over the top campaign with giant mechs gets my weenie fat. Was such a let down when it didn't have any single player campaign the first go around. Such a missed opportunity, cause the gameplay was great.

Top Bottom