• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 10 [CNN] Super Tuesday Bros. Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

The biggest moment of the debate, the one that will resonate the most and spike Trumps numbers even higher is when he said "bigger, stronger Republican Party", he knows whats up, he is stating that the support that he has been getting has been massive, his crowds are very impressive. He said he is appealing to "other people", aka working class people. Numbers back that up, and he quoted them.

The media obviously wont pick up on this, despite this being the biggest and most impressive news. They are completely disconnected and tone deaf, still stuck in 2012, still wanting Romney 2.0, the people obviously do not want another Romney. Media is still desperately trying to shove whoever in front of him, was Jeb before, then Ted and now Rubio. Its the 11th hour and this is it for the media.

They likely wrote the "Rubio/Cruz wins, beats Trump, wow!" piece before it even started. Yet:

But ofc "online polls dont matter, pls follow the narrative, pls!"

They had a piece after the debate how great of presidents Cruz and Rubio would be. It was so transparent and sad. The media has learned absolutely nothing.

Overall was very entertaining.

Republican party to become a right nationalist worker party like most are in europe instead of a corporate shillmachine? I wouldn't be surprised tbh, globalization is changing perceptions pretty fast.

fixedpoint

The indifferent screaming by audience members was one of the more obnoxious things I've heard.

Also what was up with Hugh Hewitt asking for rock-solid absolute policy pledges? The guy gives me the fucking creeps.

Oh c'mon.. >.>

Nope, Rubio would start ww3 and Ted Cruz is the type of person who would take A Modest Proposal seriously. Both would spend their presidency trying to repeal any and all government health care services and trying to repeal gay marriage in order to satisfy hardcore christians. Trump is boisterous and can be obnoxious but he's a moderate about almost everything. Best example from last night is the Israel/Palestine question where they were actually attacking Trump for saying he would be neutral in negotiations and not label all Palestinians as terrorists.

benjipwns

Banned
Both would spend their presidency trying to repeal any and all government health care services and trying to repeal gay marriage in order to satisfy hardcore christians.
This doesn't sound that bad. Waste all their time on the impossible, especially in the latter case, and not do any real additional harm.

zugzug

Its amazing how obvious the crowd was stacked suprised such loud jeering happened again. I wish Trump would talk about it again how the RNC or Lobbyists whomever is doing it. It really felt like watching a Comedy show with those forced laff scenes. Sounds so fake and so obvious.

Rubenov

Its amazing how obvious the crowd was stacked suprised such loud jeering happened again. I wish Trump would talk about it again how the RNC or Lobbyists whomever is doing it. It really felt like watching a Comedy show with those forced laff scenes. Sounds so fake and so obvious.

At least they were't booing. Trump thought the same booing was gonna happen so he kept calling the audience out... but I don't think it was necessary.

Oh sad. I just found out that the selling watches in Manhattan line was planned for ahead of time and that Marco is trying to make money off of it on his website. Kind of sad.

I will say, however, that he came out prepared to throw punches. He is a fast study.

gamz

My favorite moment is when trump said he's not going to let people die in the street because of medical coverage and Cruz wanted to know why he didn't want people to die in the street. It's was absurd theater.

The biggest moment of the debate, the one that will resonate the most and spike Trumps numbers even higher is when he said "bigger, stronger Republican Party", he knows whats up, he is stating that the support that he has been getting has been massive, his crowds are very impressive. He said he is appealing to "other people", aka working class people. Numbers back that up, and he quoted them.

The media obviously wont pick up on this, despite this being the biggest and most impressive news. They are completely disconnected and tone deaf, still stuck in 2012, still wanting Romney 2.0, the people obviously do not want another Romney. Media is still desperately trying to shove whoever in front of him, was Jeb before, then Ted and now Rubio. Its the 11th hour and this is it for the media.

They likely wrote the "Rubio/Cruz wins, beats Trump, wow!" piece before it even started. Yet:

But ofc "online polls dont matter, pls follow the narrative, pls!"

They had a piece after the debate how great of presidents Cruz and Rubio would be. It was so transparent and sad. The media has learned absolutely nothing.

Overall was very entertaining.

How did Hillary Clinton get 6% of the vote on CNN?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
The problem I am seeing is that the base that Trump is pandering to takes his attacks and really overall unprofessional approach as him "sticking it" to the other candidates when in reality it is not at all how the POTUS or anyone in public office for that matter should act.

The general election is going to get really scary if he is the nominee.

gamz

I love when trump paused, let the audience applause die down, and says "Lobbyists".

gamz

Yeah that was good stuff. Smart too, keep reminding the viewers at home that the audience was a bunch of RNA cronies and lobbyists.

Yes, that his ace card that all these guys are bought and have to pander to them. I also liked what he said about health care companies make enough money.

Oh sad. I just found out that the selling watches in Manhattan line was planned for ahead of time and that Marco is trying to make money off of it on his website. Kind of sad.

I will say, however, that he came out prepared to throw punches. He is a fast study.
I won't even get a real watch when ordering it :(

TRUMP WATCH
$10.00
AS SEEN ON TV: “If Donald Trump hadn’t inherited $200 million, he’d be selling watches like these in Manhattan.” -Marco

NOTE: You won’t actually get a broken Trump watch, but your $10 donation will help Marco stop him.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So who won this one? Is there a consensus?

Trump won IMHO simply by surviving the double team of Rubio and Cruz so well. Trump was already winning though so it won't really change much.

The person who gained the most from the debate though, I'd have to say that is Rubio. Both him and Cruz went after Trump hard but Cruz's attacks came off as fairly petty and childish, and a few of them backfired too, Trump was just able to knock Cruz down pretty much every time. Rubio however, this was probably his best debate performance to date. He went after Trump hard, and for the most part he held his own surprisingly. He did't manage to do much damage to Trump but he didn't hurt himself like Cruz did either, in fact Rubio handled himself better than I've ever seen him.

Carson slept again tonight and complained as usual, so he'll remain where he's at, the bottom.

Kasich, while not breaking out nor getting involved at all in the high school dramatics of the debate, well Kasich actually came off pretty well IMHO. Trump even had a few nice things to say about Kasich, which was different than usual. I don't think it will help Kasich's numbers much but I could honestly see him as a VP pick for Trump.

This debate though, Holy Shit, it was like a Jerry Springer episode. I don't think I've ever seen a Presidential debate like this, super entertaining but not very adult like, LOL.

gamz

Trump basically dragged them down to his level. Cruz esp looked like a complete idiot child. It was an obvious ploy by both of them and was premeditated. Nothing felt real and it was way to obvious.

One thing last night did show was that a better debater (Hillary) can actually weaken Trump's armor. Rubio got Trump flustered for a bit, and did land a blow, but then just died and lost all steam.

Like noticing Smaug is missing a scale.

If Hillary keeps on the offensive and constantly trips up Trump, she can debate him. There's topics like racism as well that Hillary can use that his GOP rivals cannot, so she has more ammo.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Trump repeats himself all the time. It's stupid but its a rhetorical strategy and wholly intentional on his part. He knows how to sell.

The big difference between Trump's repetition and Rubio's: Trump repeats statements as part of a targeted sales pitch. Rubio's repetition killed him because the line he was repeating had absolutely nothing to do with what anybody was saying to him. Last night Rubio got Trump to repeat himself by, essentially, asking him the same question again and again. Big whoop.

Has anyone taken the scene from the Civil War trailer of Cap and Buck bodying Iron Man and put Cruz, Marco, and Trump's faces on? Because that's what I'd do if I knew how.

Yeah that was good stuff. Smart too, keep reminding the viewers at home that the audience was a bunch of RNC cronies and lobbyists.

I'm sure it's been posted here, but only 25 tickets (at most, probably less) went to a raffle for students and faculty here. I haven't heard yet how the rest were passed out, I frankly forgot to ask a person in the know how that was apportioned, but regardless packed full of friendly faces, at least to certain parties.

The big difference between Trump's repetition and Rubio's: Trump repeats statements as part of a targeted sales pitch. Rubio's repetition killed him because the line he was repeating had absolutely nothing to do with what anybody was saying to him. Last night Rubio got Trump to repeat himself by, essentially, asking him the same question again and again. Big whoop.

Yea, that was a weird exchange.

He asked him the same question 4 or 5 times. He gave the same answer 4 or 5 times.

He only repeated himself because Rubio was repeating himself.

"What's your plan?"
Explains plan
"Yea, but what's your plan??"
Explains plan
"I don't understand, what's your plan?"
Explains plan
"STOP REPEATING YOURSELF, LOOK AT THIS IDIOT HARHAR"

Lol I'm not alone! I've had a few dreams where Trump was in them, mostly yelling at me for screwing something up.

I had a bizarre dream last night where it was several decades in the future. This was purgatory, or hell or somewhere. And it was a huge Republican debate, but between Trump and former Republican presidents. Bush Sr, Nixon, Reagan and then a bunch of just guys in suits my brain filled in.

Trump kept getting destroyed by Bush Sr for some reason. Trump also just walked away from the debate several times to use the bathroom, while Bush just kept talking.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This only works from the perspective of someone desperate to see Rubio do well.

Bingo. The beyond transparent planted cheering section sealed it for anybody watching without a vested interest. Reading places like NRO this morning is like waking up on another planet. "IS THIS THE MOMENT TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN IMPLODED?" "WE WILL LOOK BACK ON THIS EXCHANGE AS THE END OF TRUMP"

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
All in all, you got a trump who kept it real and I don't think we've ever seen a president like this
We've never had a president that dropped his pants and shit on the floor whenever and wherever the urge struck him, either.

Doesn't mean if a candidate shows up that does that, we should give 'em a try.

"I mean, the unfiltered boldness of someone laying genuine presidential turds upon their rugs would have to make other countries respect us more, if anything!"

Yea, that was a weird exchange.

He asked him the same question 4 or 5 times. He gave the same answer 4 or 5 times.

He only repeated himself because Rubio was repeating himself.

"What's your plan?"
Explains plan
"Yea, but what's your plan??"
Explains plan
"I don't understand, what's your plan?"
Explains plan
"STOP REPEATING YOURSELF, LOOK AT THIS IDIOT HARHAR"

I had a bizarre dream last night where it was several decades in the future. This was purgatory, or hell or somewhere. And it was a huge Republican debate, but between Trump and former Republican presidents. Bush Sr, Nixon, Reagan and then a bunch of just guys in suits my brain filled in.

Trump kept getting destroyed by Bush Sr for some reason. Trump also just walked away from the debate several times to use the bathroom, while Bush just kept talking.

Isn't his entire plan allowing insurers to sell across state lines which is not much of a plan? I mean all of the candidates agree with it, so how is that his entire plan. Isn't his plan essentially to make health care better and stronger (mechanics TBD).

All in all, you got a trump who kept it real and I don't think we've ever seen a president like this

Is that like a Secretary of Keeping it Real?

0.jpg

Tobor

As much as I can't stand him, Trump at least sounds like a human being while repeating himself.

Rubio sounds like a soul-less glassy eyed automaton who has accessed the wrong file.

That's the difference.

jmood88

Except he doesn't keep it real; he does the exact opposite, in fact. When he's not being vague as hell as to what he plans on doing, he makes shit up and lies all the time. There's no part of him that keeps anything real.

Except he doesn't keep it real; he does the exact opposite, in fact. When he's not being vague as hell as to what he plans on doing, he makes shit up and lies all the time. There's no part of him that keeps anything real.

But he's funny and talks shit about the establishment and the media so he's gotta be keeping it real
/s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom