• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans prepared to fund Donald's wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Ryan
cuck
isn't fighting back against Trump?

mshckd.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's no chance they will ever be able to get this through. They'd have to be willing to die on that hill and I'm almost certain they aren't.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yeah lets not fix the water supply in Flint Michigan or attempt to redo our seriously out of date electrical grid. No lets build a wall

Mifune

Mehmber
Thing is, construction will take so long that the next President (if there is one) will just put a stop to the whole thing.

Get some NY/NJ contractors working this thing and they won't even break ground before his second term is up.

There's no chance they will ever be able to get this through.

Oh I don't know about "no" chance. I think it'll pass easily enough. The problem is that he said Mexico was going to pay for it.

legacyzero

Banned
I can only hope this hurts them in 2018. BIGLY. Especially since they keep throwing out a figure of 11 - 15 Billion when experts have almost DOUBLED that. And that's just for the CONSTRUCTION, and not Year over year costs.

Fiscally conservative

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
On one hand, that's a hell of an infrastructure project, and about the only way the GOP was going to do public works. Also, Dems will get to campaign on Tear down the wall

On the other hand, What the fuck.

Nafai1123

Banned
God forbid we spend taxpayer money on helping fellow citizens, but yeah lets throw billions of dollars at a wall that will do nothing.

mackattk

meanwhile america's roads, bridges, electrical/water systems/etc. lay crumbling. CLEARLY building a wall is the upmost of importance, especially in a day where illegal immigration from Mexico is at the lowest it has been in a long, long time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Get some NY/NJ contractors working this thing and they won't even break ground before his second term is up.

Oh I don't know about "no" chance. I think it'll pass easily enough. The problem is that he said Mexico was going to pay for it.

The GOP majority isn't THAT huge and there are almost certainly enough that oppose wasting $15b on Donald Trump's vanity projects that they won't have the votes.

If they really wanted to push this through, this would have to be a hill they'd be willing to die on. I don't see that.

Even assuming, for the sake of argument, that they passed a spending bill on it, the chance they'd actually break ground on building such a thing within the next 10 years is extremely low - it would get bogged down in lawsuits, Trump being impeached, etc.

daveo42

Banned
2010 - Democrats and a black dude in power? Fiscal conservatism! Raising the debt ceiling will bankrupt America!

2017 - Republicans and a white (orange) dude in power? Carte blanche.

Can't there be like a referendum for people to vote on whether their money goes on a wall? Although given how recent referendums have gone, maybe that's a bad idea. "We won Mexwall, get over it" would appear in minutes.

Fiscal conservatism tho

Small government tho

Lower taxes tho

Republicans are so quick to throw their ideals to the side so long as it makes life hard for brown people.

Nelo Ice

Banned
And friends and family keep trying to tell me not to demonize Republicans and be so single minded. Yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom