• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republique Kickstarter by Ryan Payton - NOW FOR PC AND MAC! [Ended, $555K funded]

Zen

Banned
Development seems to be progressing, and I must say the game is looking amazing! The switch from pre-rendered backgrounds was the right one:

New development blog too, in video form (with new footage): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSjdw7fiVsM

ALSO: If you guys aren't listening to Camouflaj Radio, you really need to be. Best dev-focused gaming podcast going right now. The most recent episode had a great, technical interview with Matthew Burns of Shadegrown Games (Starbloom), formerly of 343, Plan B, Dark Souls talk, and just an awesome peek into the decision making process at Camouflaj.

http://www.camouflaj.com/podcast.html

PS: Where the heck is Planck, Shadegrown? Looks so good... Get it on Kickstarter, let me give you money. Please.

EDIT: I was not prepared for that beard.
Huh, I must be crazy because I really preferred the look of the game when it was pre rendered. It really allowed for a lot of detail both in the background and in the main character. You can tell that the formerly only 3D assets in the game have taken a hit. :\ The more muted coloring just looked better to me.

I do too on occasion. And my thought process is almost always like this:

Oh, remember that game a bunch of game's journalist went around parading and suckered me into supporting, what happened to that? To their credit, it definitely wasn't all of them. Giant Bomb, for example, made it an explicit point to maintain a critical distance rather than proselytize in a hardsell for Ryan Payton and his game the way many other sites and podcasts did.

Everytime I get an update on the project, I just think about how naive I was and everytime Payton gets on his high horse about breaking the mold or whatever, I just get annoyed because, yeah nobody in the history of media has ever done a "Evil Big Brother" narrative before.

Payton seems like Peter Molyneux except at least Molyneux actually has interesting ideas.

What are you even babbling about? Their stated goals for the game were to create a compelling story driven experience on the IOS platform that uses single touch for intuitive complex gameplay. And not to mention the game hasn't deviated from what was originally shown, nor has it missed it's release window.

Seriously, what?

border

They were supposed to be done with the iOS version in June.

And PC version was supposed to be complete in September.

Have any videogame Kickstarters actually delivered a product on time, though?

Jrnicus

Neo Member
any news about this game? their website doesnt update in a long time

They don't do a lot of updates on the website they are good with backer updates which have lots of info. If your not a backer you get a lot more info if you follow them on social media and the podcast they do is also a good way to not only get updates on the game but also get some in depth game design talk the podcast is called Camouflaj Radio.

Jrnicus

Neo Member
any news about this game? their website doesnt update in a long time

They don't do a lot of updates on the website they are good with backer updates which have lots of info. If your not a backer you get a lot more info if you follow them on social media and the podcast they do is also a good way to not only get updates on the game but also get some in depth game design talk the podcast is called Camouflaj Radio.

linko9

I totally forgot about this game... I stupidly backed it. I figured what with the big names behind it, it wouldn't fall into kickstarter purgatory, but oh well.

Alastor3

From their latest update from October:

3796f7b7fdbcd58e28dbfa18dd019a72_large.png

Episode 1 and 2 are being tested.

So we will probably see at least episode 1, 2 and 3 on PC and Mac this year.

Alastor3

UPDATE! RELEASE DATE PC : 26 February for episode 1 to 3

REPUBLIQUE REMASTERED
First off, let’s get right to it: RÉPUBLIQUE REMASTERED will launch on PC and Mac via Steam, GOG, and Humble on February 26, featuring desktop friendly UI, silky smooth keyboard+mouse controls, and the first three episodes completely remastered as the first full representation of the soon-to-be-released Unity 5. Yes, it’s finally happening!

Unity 4 on the left, Unity 5 on the right.

8d8e641b7f089c872c01dc72b13a3472_large.png

023235f607d910780a3005c75ae8607a_large.png

90240071b32e55050da6dd618462caa5_large.png

c120d9c0789289467e679b1039dc7c23_large.png

834de62a3c485a76cb5f5b40cd08a22c_large.png

I hope with all that, people will stop complaining about the PC port of this game, it look pretty good (sorry for small thumbnail photo)

border

I thought this game controlled poorly on an iPad. I'm looking forward to seeing if it works any better on a PC with more traditional point-and-click controls.

Sorry for the bump but I need help. I originally backed this project and at the time I had an iPhone. When the game released however I had moved to android and had no apple devices. I was happy I had supported the project though.

Earlier this month I picked up an iPad Air 2 and tried to contact camouflaj to get a code for the game that I backed and didn't use. I've e mailed them multiple times with no luck.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Mikeside

Just a quick bump to this to make people aware that those of us who backed the game for the Collector's Edition ($110 with shipping!) still have received fuck all, despite there being a Collector's Edition of the game sold on the NIS America store for half price.

I've tried to contact Camouflaj and Ryan Payton multiple times with no luck.

Anybody else get stung on this?

SickBoy

Just a quick bump to this to make people aware that those of us who backed the game for the Collector's Edition ($110 with shipping!) still have received fuck all, despite there being a Collector's Edition of the game sold on the NIS America store for half price.

I guess I was chattering about this at some point because it popped up in my subscriptions (never did play it, though)... but man, that's shitty.

Mikeside

I guess I was chattering about this at some point because it popped up in my subscriptions (never did play it, though)... but man, that's shitty.

Yeah, there was a Kickstarter update a few months ago promising we'd have them by now despite the huge delay, but silence since then.

They obviously don't intend to fulfil their promise. I feel pretty ripped off!

hank_tree

If you check Ryan's Twitter he posted recently that there were some production issues and there would be an update soon.

Still bollocks that they haven't posted any updates on Kickstarter etc.

Mikeside

If you check Ryan's Twitter he posted recently that there were some production issues and there would be an update soon.

Still bollocks that they haven't posted any updates on Kickstarter etc.

He tweeted that and they updated about it in March saying they would fulfil in 'early April'

Ryan then replied to a tweet of mine promising "very very soon", but it means nothing when the company has been completely silent about the matter.

Top Bottom