• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If Bernie or Warren get the nom for 2020, Trump winning is 100% a possibility
Bernie is Trump's most dangerous opponent. It's not a right vs left thing. It's an establishment vs populist change thing. They won't get it from some status quo stiff like Hillary or Biden, but they will get it from Bernie or Trump, and since Bernie wasn't an option the last time, they rolled the dice on a weirdo like Trump.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
People moving to mainland after the election? If one of those people actually does it ill convert to the sjw church. Really though remember all those people moving out of the us if Trump won? Talk is cheap.

ManaByte

Gold Member
People moving to mainland after the election? If one of those people actually does it ill convert to the sjw church. Really though remember all those people moving out of the us if Trump won? Talk is cheap.

Well the reality is Canada won't take them. They scream that they're moving to Canada and then realize you need a skill the country could use to immigrate there, and they decide to stay.

I had a boss who moved from the US to Australia and he had a mountain of paperwork to fill out to prove to them he wouldn't be a bum.

nush

The Children are Reeing so sweetly tonight.

Gotta give a special shoutout to this post/username/avatar combo though.

2J8yYNo.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lol... another one: https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...s-point-to-tory-majority.151404/post-27325614

The Conservative Party is not facist.

What is wrong with you people? Read up on real facist parties and movements which you all are seriously downplaying If you really believe that the Tories are facists.

Disagreeing that Conservatives are fascist? Well...

User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory commentary in a sensitive thread

Oh, and here we have a mod shitting on the country. https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...s-point-to-tory-majority.151404/post-27325594 They're probably behind the ridiculous bans.

Lol... another one: https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...s-point-to-tory-majority.151404/post-27325614

Disagreeing that Conservatives are fascist? Well...

Oh, and here we have a mod shitting on the country. https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk...s-point-to-tory-majority.151404/post-27325594 They're probably behind the ridiculous bans.

So good. Show thyself!

Pretty soon anything but a pure outrage post will be bannable.

[User Banned (Duration Pending): Inadequate outrage content posted in a sensitive thread]

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Bernie is Trump's most dangerous opponent. It's not a right vs left thing. It's an establishment vs populist change thing. They won't get it from some status quo stiff like Hillary or Biden, but they will get it from Bernie or Trump, and since Bernie wasn't an option the last time, they rolled the dice on a weirdo like Trump.

I guess. I feel like a bunch of people might be sick of populism after 4 years of drama, but who knows.

TheContact

It's not worthy of jail time, but it is a dick move to do that to someone, especially on live TV.
By definition it’s sexual assault. That is probably the weakest form of sexual assault tho and does not imo deserve jail time. Definitely a fine though

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I guess. I feel like a bunch of people might be sick of populism after 4 years of drama, but who knows.
Nope, people still want change. Now the ball is in Trump's court and it's up to him to prove that he did enough change and that he's capable of more. If he doesn't make that case properly, then it's his election to lose.

nush

Games Journalism twitter is pretty devastated by the news. It is truly incredible just how smart these people are, they even know what's best for another country that they don't live in! We are all blessed by their existence.

Its even better when some of those SJWs actually left the UK and stayed wherever they went because life was much better than the UK. But still bitch about the Tories.

desertdroog

Y2Kev, the second most popular mod on Gaf, was part of the Clinton campaign staff (His name was found and leaked on Voat) and he was part of the inner circle, even following Clinton around the country IIRC. An influx of members cough cough, bots, cough cough followed around that time.

Have no fear though, as his meltdown on election night was peak karma.
Y2Kev also welched on the bet he made if Trump won, where the winner of the election determined if he had to change his image and tag of the Trump supporters choice if Don won or ban the other guy if Hillary won, if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
More ridiculous Sanders supporter bans over there in the Bernie endorses Cenk thread. Someone literally said they were glad he endorsed him and got a long ban lmao.

Theyre destroying themselves.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Y2Kev also welched on the bet he made if Trump won, where the winner of the election determined if he had to change his image and tag of the Trump supporters choice if Don won or ban the other guy if Hillary won, if I remember correctly.
What a weasel.

benjipwns

Banned
Untrue Gamergate smears. ResetERA.com official staff policy is that moderators do NOT moderate threads they are engaged in and only outside moderators handle those reports. And all bans are discussed by committee and consensus is reached before they are applied.

Any flaws in this methodology were corrected by the new policy helpfully constructed during The Summit that empowered moderators who are closest to a subject to be granted superior judgment and power over moderating Sensitive Threads™ which they know best and allowing instant lengthy bans to protect members.

Feel free to continue making yourself look foolish by sourcing lies you heard from Joe Rogan fans.

Last edited:
I had a feeling something funny might happen today. Literally no one likes Jeremy Corbyn in Britain. They even chose Brexit over Corbyn, that's how much he is disliked. He's like the Hillary of the UK at this point.

Reactions: GHG

cormack12

Gold Member
A degree 😂 have they not heard of the TEFL train?

I'm glad my place managed to remain a labour marginal (700 votes in it) after being forecast to be a 99% loss to Tories.

I think people are learning the harsh lesson that hitting share on memes, tweeting woke shit and creating a back patting insular virtual group that just tells any questioning outsider to 'fuck off' doesn't win people over. Maybe instead of calling Brexit voters or Tory voters racists, bigots and poor/disabled murderers they should have let them speak then demolished their arguments. It's just another example of a protest vote against the extreme left in many places. People are as fed up of being told to vote labour otherwise they're stupid. They're fed up of baseless attacks and labels. All it did was get people to double down on entrenched views and alienate any floating allies. Will they learn? Not a fucking chance.

Also the shit Im seeing posted is flabbergasting. They are literally a personality cult. Whether it's Rian Johnson or Jeremt Corbyn they go all in on stifling any negative discussion on the actual personality. What a ride.

More ridiculous Sanders supporter bans over there in the Bernie endorses Cenk thread. Someone literally said they were glad he endorsed him and got a long ban lmao.

Theyre destroying themselves.
It worked super great for them in 2016 after all.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result....

Kagey K

Banned
It’s amazing to me that some of these people are so offended about election interference on Twitter and Facebook and everything is a Russian bots and this and that.

Yet feel the need to get so invested In others elections and making sure people in a country they have no ties to vote a certain way.

It seems like 6 of one, half dozen of another, and it’s OK because its what they want. If it doesn’t go thier way it’s obviously other countries interfering.

Hipocracy at its finest.

Flintty

Disappointed with the result but the people have chosen. That disappointment is outweighed by the delight of the Reee meltdowns. Some of it the typical pathetic shit from there and some real nastiness. Wonderful forum 😂

Reactions: GHG

GHG

I don't think the result is a positive one for a number of reasons but fucking hell the reactions of the spineless crybabies are more than making up for it.

It's like they've learnt nothing from the US election and Brexit votes. If anything they've doubled down and it's made the situation even worse. History repeats itself, yet again in quick succession, and they can't work out why.

They claim to want to be kind, they claim to want to bring people together but their actions when things don't go their way speak otherwise.

The result is what it is for two primary reasons:
  1. People voting to stick two fingers up to this lot
  2. Labour lacking strong leadership with any semblance of confidence/gravitas. Yet again they failed in the most important category -communication. They also decided to cosy up with these nutcases for whatever reason.
This wasn't a vote on policy, brexit or anything else. It was a vote about people.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I believe Tories are a bunch of cunts and that Boris Johnson is a mighty twat, but the people have spoken.

Unlike these Twitter warriors I am involved in a political party and do actual ground work and it's your job and your parties job to convince the voters. Any election lost is a result of your own and your parties incompetence.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
One of the users is threatening to relocate, they are about to go from one the the most left part of the UK into one of the most right wing parts of the US and they DJ slider that an upgrade, WTF.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Uh, that just failed breh. Time to move onto real solutions:
EOnTaPy.png
It’s hard to start a revolution from your bedroom. Good luck with that, though.

I’m sure governments around the world will be shaking in anticipation of the onslaught of skinny and pasty nerds rioting in the streets during breaks between seasons of their favourite anime show.

Better start raising military funding.

FUBARx89

VbRUM4J.png

CLswkwE.png

Most notably:
NQMB30c.png

Uh, that just failed breh. Time to move onto real solutions:
4VFK6vI.png

EOnTaPy.png

Oh aye, cause it's definitely compareable to hong kong. Needs to wind his neck in.

There's one quoted further up crying about it saying he's having a baby next year, and? Not gonna make a lick of difference the tool.

I've got a 2 year old who has had nothing but a tory government and the NHS has done everything for her and will continue to do so when she gets major surgery next year. Just blowing smoke out of their arses now.

If he is actually going to be a parent he's probably only upset he won't get no sweet sweet sweet government cash for being a dosser who's job is internet warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom