• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handel

Like the post is pretty out there, but the ban for it is even more wtf??? Platform warring? For not wanting traditional gaming going away, replaced by phone games and streaming? Hostility towards who??? He wasn't yelling obscenities at that person in particular and even said "no disrespect to you" to the person he quoted, his outrage was towards the idea of traditional consoles going away.

Sad from the poster, even sadder from the mods. REE in a nutshell.

I covered my tracks well, even with that info above lol. Used a proxy server and email address.

They treat u nicer if they think you're female, motherfkin perverts on there, lots of winks at end of replies to my messages, little do they know.

I'm even considering putting up the rainbow colours in my avatar pic to gain even more acceptance.

what email address even gets through ree’s filter? I want a new account for gaming side (no offence GAF, I’m warming to it but just not as many posts on games) but have no alternate accounts :(

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
what email address even gets through ree’s filter? I want a new account for gaming side (no offence GAF, I’m warming to it but just not as many posts on games) but have no alternate accounts :(

Just use your ISP provided address. Or if you're brave your work account. The people at Era are powerless, they're just a bunch of unemployed or underemployed losers, it's not like they pose any real kind of threat to you. I used an old work email account before I was banned a year ago.

MilkyJoe

For fucks sake......

JHuT5Jv.jpg

I have to say I'm Disappointed that Digital Foundry are still posting at that cess pit of degeneracy. When a site and it's creater have a dedicated area on Kiwi Farms, you'd probably be best disassociating yourself. Does that Dark X or whatever he's name is still post here. I'd like to have that discussion.

I have to say I'm Disappointed that Digital Foundry are still posting at that cess pit of degeneracy. When a site and it's creater have a dedicated area on Kiwi Farms, you'd probably be best disassociating yourself. Does that Dark X or whatever he's name is still post here. I'd like to have that discussion.
They get banned?.....they have perma for less

Shaqazooloo

The people in this thread are clinically insane, I honestly feel bad for them.

Yeah I try and avoid their Fire Emblem and Smash threads. Usually the same retarded discussion and a display of how insane they are.

Wow....apparently the reee tards have spotted another ship on the horizon to continue their crusade of stupid if reee implodes
Somethingawful.com

Browsing this mirrors reee in so many ways

that forum used to be so much fun....now it’s just reset era on bathsalts
Really hope lowtax wakes up and tells them to fuck off

edit...fuck it looks like what would of happened if evilore didn’t tell the cancer in this board who were trying to take control to fuck off....the admins of his own board have his balls in their purse....it’s just sad

edit 2 ....I actually think it almost deserves its own thread as the forum in the last couple of weeks has essentially been taken over by angry trans moderators who are banning everyone and everything.....it’s definitely a sliding door moment like evilore had 2 years ago but he had the balls to tell them to fuck off

Last edited:

nush

edit 2 ....I actually think it almost deserves its own thread as the forum in the last couple of weeks has essentially been taken over by angry trans moderators who are banning everyone and everything.....it’s definitely a sliding door moment like evilore had 2 years ago but he had the balls to tell them to fuck off

Sounds like it's worth signing up for an account then. I could do with a distraction while I get my current Ree account out of Junior Phase.

Sounds like it's worth signing up for an account then. I could do with a distraction while I get my current Ree account out of Junior Phase.
It’s actually pretty sad...lowtax had a lot of personal issues but this board has now truely been ripped apart and shit on

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Wow....apparently the reee tards have spotted another ship on the horizon to continue their crusade of stupid if reee implodes
Somethingawful.com

edit...fuck it looks like what would of happened if evilore didn’t tell the cancer in this board who were trying to take control to fuck off....the admins of his own board have his balls in their purse....it’s just sad

There was a pretty solid post about it a few dozen pages back for some more insight / reference material.

Dabaus

Banned
Sure, but still a business owner using his influence over employees to push them into a religion is wrong.

Unless you believe workers become business property and their private life must submit to company culture. In which case we have a fundamental disagreeent.

I see the game your playing here, accusing people of the absolute worst. I didnt even read dudes full post because i honestly dont even believe it happened. but just for you, yes, I absolutely unironically believe workers should become business property and their private life must submit to company culture. Why dont you go back to resetera where you belong?

Somethingawful.com

The fall of the goons is a funny tale indeed.

Also, no good post contains the phrase "i hope its just the alcohol talking but..."

Last edited:

Thabass

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I see the game your playing here, accusing people of the absolute worst. I didnt even read dudes full post because i honestly dont even believe it happened. but just for you, yes, I absolutely unironically believe workers should become business property and their private life must submit to company culture. Why dont you go back to resetera where you belong?

I was here for 11 years before you even registered so you can take your hot take about belonging here or there and shove it.

By saying that he needs the job more than the employer needs him, you are implying that he should appear to submit to the company's religious culture. I find that objectionable. Freedom of belief is a basic human right.

Dynheart04

Neo Member
I was here for 11 years before you even registered so you can take your hot take about belonging here or there and shove it.

By saying that he needs the job more than the employer needs him, you are implying that he should appear to submit to the company's religious culture. I find that objectionable. Freedom of belief is a basic human right.

I've had personal experience with this, with pushy people pushing their religious beliefs on me while on the job. The last thing I thought to do was to stick it to the man by quitting, because that proves nothing other than I made a life choice that hurts my bank account.

Let's assume the story from ERA is real (I think their may be some truth, but massively twisted and sensationalized...it's just not entirely a realistic scenario), why didn't the person just communicate that he/she wasn't interested, would like to do their job, then leave for the day? Seems sensible, right (worked for me just fine)? But he/she didn't, but instead got frustrated and "stuck" it to the guy by basically quitting on the spot (like he/she was some do-gooder smiting the evil that is the boss that talks religion) Like, I get where you are coming from, and I agree. However, the illustration given, the person had options. Instead, it went from 0 to 100, and it's now all about respecting that persons religious beliefs. That's something that everyone should strive for, respecting others beliefs...to a degree (bad people do not get this privilege IMO). It should come in the form of communication (both ways), whether someone wants to listen to the politics/religious beliefs, or not. I think the ERA poster basically painted their story as "my boss said Jesus one too many times, so I responded with a middle finger and a quit without my 2 week, just so mess with him even more." There was no communication. None about why he/she was unconformable/angry/not interested, as it could have possibly resolved the whole issue. It's also on the boss for unprofessionally communicating, forcefully, religion (touchy ass subject, apparently) on the job site. Poor communication all around.

But whatever. End result is the person is without a job now, and the employer will quickly replace the person. Hopefully that person can find a job soon....(spoiler: I don't believe that person quit).

JSoup

Banned
I don't see the changes at SA to be a problem, really. That community stopped caring a bit over a decade ago and became an e-retirement home for people who never leave their favorites list. The takeover is just putting it out of its misery.

More outcry from them today about "crunch" just makes my eye's roll. I mean if you get hired at CDPR or Rockstar you should 100% know what you are getting into and expect insane hours. Game Developers and publishers exist to make money for themselves and shareholders and not to cater to man children

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
More outcry from them today about "crunch" just makes my eye's roll. I mean if you get hired at CDPR or Rockstar you should 100% know what you are getting into and expect insane hours. Game Developers and publishers exist to make money for themselves and shareholders and not to cater to man children

Crunch does suck though. I am in the middle of a major project at work, basically working from home then heading into the office, checking email from bed as soon as I wake up, etc. They pay me so much money I don't even have to bother with a budget, sure. but crunch still sucks ass.

Jubenhimer

Crunch does suck though. I am in the middle of a major project at work, basically working from home then heading into the office, checking email from bed as soon as I wake up, etc. They pay me so much money I don't even have to bother with a budget, sure. but crunch still sucks ass.

Agreed. I don't like seeing Crunch either. Yet ResetERA once again thinks Capitalism is to blame for all this. I get it, nobody likes Crunch, but in some cases, it's a necessary evil. The best we can do, is minimize as much of it as possible when its not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom