• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's super dumb anyway. The reee folks feel so guilty, while living on welfare, while posting on their iPhone, while living in a wealthy society, while playing videogames all day, I hope they realize all those PRIVILEGES are possible because of things that happened in the past, both good and bad.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
BzAlwum.png

Kind of late, no? Was there in last month as far as I know.

recma12

They did and they did

Of course they did who knows what they would have done to Europe if their high times had continued.

A ton of people on ERA also have that crazy belief that slavery was started by white people and stopped once white people abolished it.

I guess Africans get a pass even tho 1 in 20 Africans are estimated to be enslaved.
What about UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia tho?
These countries have all the money and education in the world but their house maids and construction workers are still basically slaves.

SkylineRKR

Of course they did who knows what they would have done to Europe if their high times had continued.

A ton of people on ERA also have that crazy belief that slavery was started by white people and stopped once white people abolished it.

I guess Africans get a pass even tho 1 in 20 Africans are estimated to be enslaved.
What about UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia tho?
These countries have all the money and education in the world but their house maids and construction workers are still basically slaves.

Same shit happens in real world right now. Dutch national football team is boycotting certain media outlets because of BLM which is their right to do so, but they will shoot for WC 2022 in Qatar, which is essentially being built by construction workers under inhumane conditions as we speak.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Some of them have been realizing for a while. And of course, every thread like this gets locked ASAP.

For those that were on Era at the very beginning, was there ever really a golden age when the place wasn't utterly toxic?
“Golden age” is stretching it, but the first few months had much milder moderation. Warning/ban messages were also much more detailed and didn’t have to resort to one-liners comprising a lot of made-up words.
But the seeds were there. Some bans were absolutely excessive, and it wasn’t long before the mod team was completely overhauled and replaced by the foulest of the bunch.
The first period was basically a Trojan horse to get in as many users as possible. Then the usual suspects started complaining that they didn’t feel “safe” enough, and the oppression olympics started.

This person is the personification of toxicity and hypocrisy. Always twisting and turning words and facts to suit their agenda. You can’t be right against Poodlestrike. The KGB would be proud. “No justice, no peace” indeed.

"Where is the spirit of "we'll be better" when we left the old place?"

How ironic. They don't realise that THEY are the reason this place had turned to shit, until they finally threw a tantrum and left.
Yeah, it’s almost like the problem with GAF wasn’t GAF but the people who turned the place to shit and then left it.

It's just appeared, but it's fucked. Its shows all of these depending on where you are,

nM1Ehio.png

NmT3qvo.png

Fm21pdw.png

bKOL6WY.png

fxEppQy.png
Are there as many variations as there are genders? :pie_thinking:

betrayal

Banned
No it was always bad it just got worse, i never felt comfortable posting on off topic like on GAF and its not because i like Republicans :p

i can only speak for myself but i think this applies to others as well, that place is toxic and people aren't happy but you can't just leave it.
i was on Resetera since it started, moved on. why not i was afraid of being left behind , i don't do much socializing outside of family work and forums so the community is important to me, anyways it looks good:, huge community of dedicated gamers, familiar faces, constant news, but something is off,discussion isn't enjoyable anymore everything is racism sexism or murders so i started to stick on the gamming side, i felt something was wrong but i never could tell WHAT, obviously the problem is just me, Resetera is the best gaming community right? were else would i go? they always say other places are awful, i want to be there even if i don't enjoy it anymore, there were times i wanted to rest a couple months from Era because i was feeling stressed or sad from all the shit and negativity, but i never could do it.i was too attached i guess.

I never once thought of leaving ,if Era was bad other places HAD to be even worse
Anyways so i finally got banned for some innofensive posts imo, finally had to accept they didn't wanted me there ,got released and now have accounts on everything 🤭 even GameFaqs, and even if they have a few problems like any forum no place is as bad as Resetera made me believe
except maybe IGN D^:

Great avatar!

recma12

SkylineRKR SkylineRKR yeah, it's kinda insane how many black "BLM" celebrities will gladly accept money from countries where slavery is happening as we speak.
FC Bayern puts Black Live Matters ad board in their stadium but wears Qatar Airways on the sleeves of the kit.
Seems like black lives only matter if white people did/do them wrong.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
“Golden age” is stretching it, but the first few months had much milder moderation. Warning/ban messages were also much more detailed and didn’t have to resort to one-liners comprising a lot of made-up words.
But the seeds were there. Some bans were absolutely excessive, and it wasn’t long before the mod team was completely overhauled and replaced by the foulest of the bunch.
The first period was basically a Trojan horse to get in as many users as possible. Then the usual suspects started complaining that they didn’t feel “safe” enough, and the oppression olympics started.

Yeah that’s how I remember it too.

I really liked the transparency in the moderation messaging because people at old GAF would be confused about why so and so got banned. After a while the reasoning become less nuanced and more boiler plate. Now folks get banned for seemingly arbitrary reasons because not every “drive by” or “dismissive commentary” post are actually those things but still moderated as such.

Things really went to shit when TransERA threatened to leave the site and label it as a haven for bigots or whatever. They wanted stronger and harsher moderation and boy howdy did they get what they want. Then eventually folks demanded that same moderation had to be applied evenly to any perceived Black or Chinese (yes China specifically) issue.

Now somehow China, despite being a superpower, can’t even be properly criticized on ERA because they’re still somehow oppressed? Even though China is up to all kinds of bullshit including genocide and censorship that extends into American media?

Also don’t forget that Poli-ERA basically left the site because they were getting banned for not being extreme enough. So they jettisoned some of the more active and level headed liberals in favor of whatever they got now.

notseqi

For those that were on Era at the very beginning, was there ever really a golden age when the place wasn't utterly toxic?

I'd just pull the 'utterly', you could see the direction from a mile off. Especially for Eurobongs like me, asking well intentioned questions on how the NA crowd is feeling about a certain topic was met as if I had lived there all my life _and_ tried to present an affront, no nuance whatsoever. If you had asked me at the time, I would have said that it feels like tending to a 4 year old child, the beginning of some sort of communication, but still with too much screaming.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
The first 3 months were pretty nice, what I'd call the "honeymoon phase". But there were already red flags all over it, and it didn't take long before things going crazy.

And that was long before the trans outrage.

Last edited:
What the fuck is going on with their Alexa rank graph?

long history of mild decline and then cliff edge hike in user interaction on one day that never tails off. I get that there is new console news and whatever but that looks very odd. How can this be explained?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
agreeing with w a black actor that we need equality and that fringe groups exist is giving racists more ammo

EXZ5BaP.png

cos you just know racists are following the politics of their favorite POC actors

Last edited:

Ionian

Where is MercuryRed in these trying times. Did the dog finally catch his own tail?

Hecht bailed and ain't saying nothing.

Nepthene is but is absolutely not able to move any furniture.

So where's Cerium?

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member

long history of mild decline and then cliff edge hike in user interaction on one day that never tails off. I get that there is new console news and whatever but that looks very odd. How can this be explained?

Dead cat bounce, combo of Covid, BLM and PS5 reveal. Unless the system is being gamed somehow, but then every failing site would be doing it.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Resetera got a really high activity boost during Sony's presentation, but then it went back to normal numbers. So that graph makes no sense.

Dead cat bounce, combo of Covid, BLM and PS5 reveal. Unless the system is being gamed somehow, but then every failing site would be doing it.

Even accounting for that I just can't see how you can be basically stuck at rank 8,000 jump 6,000 ranks in a single day and stay there at 2,000 barely budging an inch. What is the significance of 9th/10th June? I take your point on gaming the system though. Still seems very odd.

Astral Dog

My account from 10/2017 is still in good standing mostly because I stick to OTs and segregated communities.
That's where all the normal people are.

The winning move is to always watch out for pride flags, Kapernik-avatars and posters with tags before posting.
If you see any of them -> run.
Dude even on gamming side it was a bit too much at times, like so many threads felt like 'filler' with no chill, but thats totally my fault i feel the itch to post on most of them 🤭 the last months had to put a few members on ignore because they seemingly enjoyed making 1 or 2 a day with similar titles.
(and one, Lant War,he is a cool guy but for some reason all his threads look the same to me XD)
But thats more annoying than anything bad

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Even accounting for that I just can't see how you can be basically stuck at rank 8,000 jump 6,000 ranks in a single day and stay there at 2,000 barely budging an inch. What is the significance of 9th/10th June? I take your point on gaming the system though. Still seems very odd.

It does not seem natural to jump and just stay there like that.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I think he has a Flammenwerfer.

Hans is a 50+ year old people name, it's probably not that.

I think that I read somewhere on pages 1-9 that he is a bit of a cunt.
Hecht is a bit of a cunt? Understatement. 😂

I paraphrased a joke from Top Secret with the little German.

UncleMeat

I love threads like this, pretend to ask an earnest question just to actually shit on republicans/white people; you won't find a more condescending thread.

"Voting against their own best interest" has always been especially annoying and arrogant. "Yes I, a liberal from 2,000 miles away, know what's REALLY best for you, you dumb racists"....talk about concern trolling.

Last edited:

notseqi

I hope these fuckers burn in the worst type of hell.
I am thoroughly enraged by the people that are trying to take him apart. Not because he is a saviour, but because their mode of criticizing is so shit, immediately lending credence to the prior argument.

I do agree with a lot of his points, but thats not even part of the criteria to accurately judge one's disposition.

Ymir

I love threads like this, pretend to ask an earnest question just to actually shit on republicans/white people; you won't find a more condescending thread.

"Voting against their own best interest" has always been especially annoying and arrogant. "Yes I, a liberal from 2,000 miles away, know what's REALLY best for you, you dumb racists"....talk about concern trolling.
Figures they think they are a lost caused and should be purged. Also funny a bunch of people who were/are rural white people are complaining about how horrible rural white are....

Sigh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He has to spoiler tag the images of a pixelated confederate flag and a black zombie so as to not trigger people? The people who call others snowflakes and white fragility but they can't take an pixelated picture of a confederate flag. Incredible

Also Wolfenstein is now problematic because you kill Nazis and Hitler? LOL

JustJavi said:
Does Wolfenstein 3D count? It was packed with Nazi symbolism and the final boss was Hitler.

Last edited:

wvnative

Figures they think they are a lost caused and should be purged. Also funny a bunch of people who were/are rural white people are complaining about how horrible rural white are....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He has to spoiler tag the images of a pixelated confederate flag and a black zombie so as to not trigger people? The people who call others snowflakes and white fragility but they can't take an pixelated picture of a confederate flag. Incredible

What is it like a 5x5 sprite or jpeg?

Yeah... its insane

notseqi

Message board police wants to know why people given warnings instead of full bans

It’s funny as much as these idiots claim to hate police they want to police every possible discussion
Don't enter threads, you facist.
[I honestly can't think about another word apart from Nazi to 'counter'such behaviour]

A current case in germany is about somebody who wrote a spiteful piece about the police and their treatment of people of colour, mounting in the plea to throw german police on the garbage dump for all their perveived mistakes, real or not. As people are reacting to that piece, that person is now requesting talks to Berlin police for safety, because there are a bunch of people that disagree about their one-size-fits-all treatment.

BLM dont fit Europe, I wonder why these people are trying to cash in on it.

Tuff McNutt

Message board police wants to know why people given warnings instead of full bans

It’s funny as much as these idiots claim to hate police they want to police every possible discussion

Kyuuji is one of the biggest mod kiss-asses/boot-lickers on that forum, probably only second to the insufferable RedMercury.

Also Wolfenstein is now problematic because you kill Nazis and Hitler? LOL

That game should be most of Era's wet dream, it's literally a Nazi killing simulator. Maybe they have a problem with it because the main character is Jewish?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom