• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
Does this deserve its own thread?

2zQUCna.png

Microsoft listening to Resetera in order to get people banned in real life.

Last edited:

600Breezy

“The Harry Potter game poll showed that people here also dont give a damn about trans people here if it gets in the way of vida games. People here cant even agree to not put money into a terfs pocket and mods have asked not to make polls like yours anymore because it shows marginalized groops on era just how much some people here despise them yet you still made your poll.

Edit:
Everyone that voted the first option in your poll should eat a ban.”

lmao buy the biggest game of the year, get a ban 😂 and I’ll save you guys the trouble; yes, rainbow flag in avatar. Yes, blm fist in avatar.

edit: .....annnnnddddd the poll has been removed now as it let trannies on era know just how much everyone hates them 😂

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Does this deserve its own thread?

2zQUCna.png

Microsoft listening to Resetera in order to get people banned in real life.
I wonder if Major Nelson will break Cyberpunk 2077 and Microsoft's agreement due to the CDPR anti-trans stance. Get McSpook on it.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Haha all these marketing people are going to get themselves into such impossible positions by trying to make SJW happy. It's never going to happen and they will just drag you down with them.

Saruhashi

Banned

“The Harry Potter game poll showed that people here also dont give a damn about trans people here if it gets in the way of vida games. People here cant even agree to not put money into a terfs pocket and mods have asked not to make polls like yours anymore because it shows marginalized groops on era just how much some people here despise them yet you still made your poll.

Edit:
Everyone that voted the first option in your poll should eat a ban.”

lmao buy the biggest game of the year, get a ban 😂 and I’ll save you guys the trouble; yes, rainbow flag in avatar. Yes, blm fist in avatar.

edit: .....annnnnddddd the poll has been removed now as it let trannies on era know just how much everyone hates them 😂

I've always found it pretty interesting that they see videogames as these great drivers for social change.
I mean, most games in the Cyberpunk 2077 or Harry Potter RPG kind of AAA sphere are going to be 50 to 70 hour experiences at least.
So why bother?

A song or album or movie can definitely have some massive social impact but they are like minutes to a couple of hours long.
Even a book that's good enough to fuckin influence the world is going to be a short-ish read compared to a 70 hour vidya.

My question for these folk eventually would just be why even bother with videogames at all?
I mean it's clear the medium isn't going to give you some AAA 70+ hour blockbuster that's going to change public perceptions on left-wing politics.
So what's the point? Why even bother?

Plus there's this total idiocy of thinking that they can hold people to account through online forums.
Like, I can just say "yeah yeah TERFs and bigots blah blah" and then go right out and buy the game.
So it's effectively just a demand that people there SAY they won't be buying the game.
Then you are hoping that the week willed ones will be sufficiently guilted into not buying it.

They basically have it backwards.
Instead of trying to stop internet strangers from buying a game they should be trying to support games that they feel do have some value.

So if all of your buddies are into SJW activism and some new game comes along that pushes that agenda then you can all buy it and play it and talk about it and recommend it to others. Great.

This is better than all getting together and promising not to buy or play a certain game.
How would you even know if half of your social group isn't playing it on the DL?

I'd hold the main gaming outlets accountable there too.
You don't see them pushing indie games (where most real political content will be) as much as they will push outrage and controversy.
Instead of running around trying, and failing, to stop people from buying Problematic Game X they should promote games that do appeal to their political worldview.

The whole "video game activist" thing just doesn't really work because it can't really be done in person and even if you can get people to not talk about a game on your forum under their username and avatar you can't stop them from just buying the game and enjoying the discussion about it elsewhere.

What do these guys do in real life if they ask someone "do you know about Gamergate" and the person just says "never heard of it mate"?

Or if they ask some other person who owns a PS4 "have you played The Last of Us 2 or Life is Strange" and the person says "nah, I am not really into Young Adult fiction and prefer just to play games that don't have politics or too much story"?

It just seems like a massive waste of time for them to even be a videogame forum at all.
Here is the list of games and developers and publishers and personalities that must NOT be talked about.
Here is a list of upcoming games that you'd better not admit you are looking forward to buying and playing.
Here are a bunch of threads that are basically aiming to expand the two lists described above.
What's the point?

SeanTron

Neo Member
Less than 20%

Lmao. As if it was any clearer that the site is being held hostage by a minority of screeching cunts.

How many of those 20% are even boycotters? I'm not into any of those games and it's not due to perceived slights being taken as fucking taint by association.

Reset's been on a downward spiral for the past couple years at the very least, while the glaring, obvious issues are being ignored and instead a vocal minority within a minority is placated and being treated to exceptional amount of leeway. They'd be better off just banning all the TRA complainers and move on with improving quality of discussion among the many other problems there.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
lol this trans thread is funny. they banned this teacher for calling them out on their aggressive bullshit

CteruBq.png

Kyuuji thinks it is "ARROGANT" to ask a question about the term that the thread is about.

cEkwgtg.png

Kyuuji ignores his question entirely and just posts trolly GIFs and taunts. he's just ignoring the poster and calling him names. wow what a great discussion they are having!

craOYkh.png

all the good male feminists pile on of course. let's celebrate how stupid we are. go away you teacher fuck. we don't use book learnin here

Jvik4p7.png

"we are under no obligation to not act like giant idiot assholes" wow ok yeah i guess fuck trying to elevate the conversation
Another verified member working at a place no one knows on a game no ones heard of :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
How many of those 20% are even boycotters? I'm not into any of those games and it's not due to perceived slights being taken as fucking taint by association.

Reset's been on a downward spiral for the past couple years at the very least, while the glaring, obvious issues are being ignored and instead a vocal minority within a minority is placated and being treated to exceptional amount of leeway. They'd be better off just banning all the TRA complainers and move on with improving quality of discussion among the many other problems there.

They can't.

They built their brand and legitimacy around it and after years of kowtowing to the screechers if they would, the twitter noise would drown them out.

Reset is effectively trapped.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Jooxed

Gold Member

I can't even. Thank god we have a forum full of psychiatrists.

It just makes me really sad to see the amount of suicide threads on that site. So many people in an unhealthy state of mind. I really hope many of them get the help they so clearly need.

NeilH1982

Banned

Dude has been updating the thread for close to a week now. This ain't a suïcide thread, it's a please gave me attention thread.

Dude had a week, just fucking jump already

Tuff McNutt

It just makes me really sad to see the amount of suicide threads on that site. So many people in an unhealthy state of mind. I really hope many of them get the help they so clearly need.

A lot of them would be helped immensely by just getting off of the site. It's extremely negative and toxic, where they regularly encourage members to cut off all ties from friends and families who they have the slightest disagreements with. It's cult-like behavior and sick in the way they try to promote themselves as "helping" people.

nush

Gold Member
This suicide topic needs to get closed with a fat red mod message with the suicide hotline number.

They only create copycat topics and repeat offenders. I'm no expert, but I think a lot of the helpful comments are just enameling the behavior. It's a similar thing when people try to help drug addicts.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It makes me sad with just how many suicide threads that they get. I don’t think Era is a healthy place to be if you’re in that kind of headspace and you spend a lot of time in the off topic section. All the fear, anger, and misery would even weigh me down at times

Topics like that feel like a weird mass repression of the 2016 election. Remember right after when people on this forum openly wondered how millions of people they didn’t suspect could vote for Trump?

But now it’s boiled down to “All Trump voters are evil”. So topics like that lead to “This person is obviously evil so they would vote Trump and this person is obviously good so they wouldn’t” which is such an unrealistic and binary way to view elections.

I’m not a fan of Trump but in a two party system with a million different issues it’s impossible to avoid having people you like vote a way that you don’t agree with.

TDiddyLive

Lol
This suicide topic needs to get closed with a fat red mod message with the suicide hotline number.
I love how I brought this exact thing up (regarding this exact topic) a few days ago, but it got overshadowed by all the other batshit crazy things they do on that site. So many winners over there.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Love when people call out their hypocritical bullshit

Dehnus
29 minutes ago
higemaru said:
imagine spending the past month saying ACAB and then cheering on the arrest of a 12 year old and saying he should go to prison. This is a deeply sick forum.
Being arrested doesn't mean going to prison. Most of us mean it as a way to teach the 12 year old that words have consequences and that he can't go around threatening people.

we know what you mean you sociopath

lol these people are giant cowards even a statement like “put the 12 year old in prison” they gonna walk back like they didn’t literally mean it. Lol bunch of pussies

Last edited:

Exede

Lol

I love how I brought this exact thing up (regarding this exact topic) a few days ago, but it got overshadowed by all the other batshit crazy things they do on that site. So many winners over there.
I'm occupational therapist and even wirh my background in psychology i don't feel comfortable to help suicidal people myself. I strongly believe that the people in this topic try to help, but they don't have the background to really help this person. It's clearly a search for help.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Apparently you can only reference the holocaust if you are calling people who review bomb a website nazis. Referencing WWII in any other way is not allowed.

Good on Kotaku for I guess bad faith accusing a major game company of being Nazis. Certainly no death threats will be sent through Twitter as a result of this. It’s not like Kotaku serves an always online activist mob that likes to attack people. Oh wait it is exactly like that.

Assholes gonna farm a lot of clicks from that story (im not linking it here cos they don’t deserve the publicity)

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Haha holy shit if you make the subtitles too small it means you “have never seen a subtitled movie in your entire life”

“Claims they’re fans of samurai cinema” holy shit dude lay off the nerd rage

the fucking overreaction here lol goddamn get a grip

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Dude has been updating the thread for close to a week now. This ain't a suïcide thread, it's a please gave me attention thread.

Dude had a week, just fucking jump already
Well I...I don't think that this is appropriate. Not that I want to censor anyone, I just wanted to say it. Suicide is no joke and it has been proven many times, that people often really not joking, just waiting on that moment when it just feels right for them.

NeilH1982

Banned
Well I...I don't think that this is appropriate. Not that I want to censor anyone, I just wanted to say it. Suicide is no joke and it has been proven many times, that people often really not joking, just waiting on that moment when it just feels right for them.

That's ok. It was a deliberate bad taste post.

Nobody here wants the dude dead but it was pretty obvious from the start as I mentioned a few pages back when this thread was first posted. Dude was the main contributor to the first page of the thread, that's not suicidal, that's a scream for attention on the same level as this :

make-you-notice-me-senpai.png

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
That's ok. It was a deliberate bad taste post.

Nobody here wants the dude dead but it was pretty obvious from the start as I mentioned a few pages back when this thread was first posted. Dude was the main contributor to the first page of the thread, that's not suicidal, that's a scream for attention on the same level as this :

make-you-notice-me-senpai.png
Then apologies, did not meant to be stupid : )

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
gy83xz3.jpg

Lol banned for being banned before.

This made my day. Banned for surreptitiously inserting platform warring into a speculative thread about how fictional videogame characters would feel about a politician. Imagine trying to explain that to somebody normal.

(Plus, everyone knows that Bonk and the rest of the Turbografyx 16 stable of characters were all protofascists.)

notseqi

I've always found it pretty interesting that they see videogames as these great drivers for social change.

It's the only kind of power they have, because creators of games are on twitter. If the creators were to leave twitter there would be way less concrete statements to criticise. I hate that CDPR reacted to the vajeen-outrage, those people have never been unified and therefore can never be satisfied with whatever approach is taken or solution is offered.

On an unrelated note, an op-ed editor from the New York Times has resigned and I find her resignation statement quite remarkable, I'd wish more people would read it:

notseqi

Waaaaait a minute... might ReeeeeEra be total fucking meta and a game in itself?
SJW-Simulator? Goal is to ban any and all dissent. Game is finished when only one user is left? Or, from a BR perspective, a team of three? When you get banned you try to join a new server?

Hellooooo?

edit: It's a browsergame ofc, f2p with some microtransactions, available on mobile.

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

So what the game is trash because people don’t talk about a video game after 3 fucking months

#Phonepunk#

Banned

So what the game is trash because people don’t talk about a video game after 3 fucking months
They are like solipsists. You know, the philosophy where the world doesn’t exist unless you are directly perceiving it.

For them nothing exists unless other people are talking about it. It’s why they cling so closely to groupthink. It’s also why they are obsessed with controlling the narrative.

Last edited:

Ymir

It's the only kind of power they have, because creators of games are on twitter. If the creators were to leave twitter there would be way less concrete statements to criticise. I hate that CDPR reacted to the vajeen-outrage, those people have never been unified and therefore can never be satisfied with whatever approach is taken or solution is offered.

On an unrelated note, an op-ed editor from the New York Times has resigned and I find her resignation statement quite remarkable, I'd wish more people would read it:
This is a really good explanation of a lot of the world today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom