• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acephobia? That's a new one for me. So, does it mean you hate ace stuff? Cuz I love ace stuff. Back in the 90s it was easy, there was arachnophobia and that was it and it was a medical disease. Wake me up when an accusation of being bigoted towards special virgins is a medical problem lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
According to one asexual member on there some asexuals actually do have sex??? So I really don't know what the hell it means anymore.
Lack of sexual attraction. An asexual person can be in a romantic relationship and may opt to service the needs of their partner even if they don't personally get anything out of it.

So I clicked on the acephobia thread. I didn’t know what that was, and now I know. I sympathize with any demographic that is mistreated.

However, there are posters in there that believe that if you didn’t know what acephobia is, you’re “disgusting“ and that “ignorance is no excuse”. Like, holy crap man, way to be shitty about it.

I’m not about to go on a discrimination rampage, but seriously, how is any average person supposed to know that “ace” is shorthand for asexual? You made up your own shorthand phrase for your sexual identification and then have the gall to be upset at the rest of the world for having no idea what you’re talking about when you attach ”phobia” on the tail end?

I feel like there is no way to tell who is serious and who is trolling over there anymore.. which is hilarious is and of itself.

GymWolf

This line of thinking should be encouraged. I'd love to see Cheebo attempt to defend the racist wookies-as-primitive-minority characterization that Star Wars has been getting away with for decades.

ERA is right. Wookies are a racist blackface caricature made by a cis white male. ERA really needs to have at least seven or eight threads exploring this issue.

Y'know, for entertainment scientific purpose.

"Videogame forum" lol
Is cheebo the star wars diehard fan with the retarded mary sue avatar?

GymWolf

So I clicked on the acephobia thread. I didn’t know what that was, and now I know. I sympathize with any demographic that is mistreated.

However, there are posters in there that believe that if you didn’t know what acephobia is, you’re “disgusting“ and that “ignorance is no excuse”. Like, holy crap man, way to be shitty about it.

I’m not about to go on a discrimination rampage, but seriously, how is any average person supposed to know that “ace” is shorthand for asexual? You made up your own shorthand phrase for your sexual identification and then have the gall to be upset at the rest of the world for having no idea what you’re talking about when you attach ”phobia” on the tail end?
They are really deluded it they think that normal people know or give a a shit about every fucking nomenclature who identify gender fluidity or some other bullshit...

In my city people only know gays, lesbian and trans and some old people not even that...

Trojita

Yukiko's post that everyone is saying she didn't ask for a ban within

Yukiko™ said:
Trash ass response, trash ass message, and trash ass staff. Go ahead and ban idrc since I barely ever log on anyway.

They literally called the staff of the site "trash ass".

They've just been unbanned :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Lack of sexual attraction. An asexual person can be in a romantic relationship and may opt to service the needs of their partner even if they don't personally get anything out of it.
I see. It sounds like an unfulfilling relationship for both parties.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
JKGjBnO.png

royox

but then you start noticing your peers being attracted to others in a way you do not feel and cannot understand. It feels like you are missing a part of being a human. It's like being born into a world where everyone has superpowers and not having one.

So what do they want? That us, normies, stop being sexually attracted to others? Fuck them.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It really does seem to be a competition for most "woke" on the forum.

If you don't use the same labels that have been attributed to individuals / groups and don't agree completely with the status quo of the forum you are a persona non Grata.

That "hivemind" issue that used to be discussed in reference to this place while all those people where still here is in a runaway effect over there and it is destructive. It is not a discussion board at all, only approved language and positions are allowed.

It is totalitarian in its function, approved words, approved media, approved people. The universal standard is equilibrium, balance is always sought when things are too much to one way or another.

No balance is in effect, no middle ground.and no dissention. Hey if that's what they want but sure as hell don't call it a discussion board, that would imply differing views are allowed.

Bubbles tend to pop.

The moderation is, of course, a big problem too. It's presumed everyone there is an adult, some of us working complicated professions in the tech industry having to deal with a variety of personalities each day. And yet they seem to choose the most fragile, least socially successful people to moderate everyone else - and it shows. You have moderators who in their late 20's or early 30's with the emotional maturity of a teenager telling you what is right and wrong. I wasn't here much back in the day before the big hassle, I was young at the time and didn't post on discussion boards much, but I remember the same kinds of moderators and it seems like they all went to ResetEra and are doing the same there as they did here.

Some of them are OK, in fact I genuinely respect and get along with a handful. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. The worst are the "no fun allowed" moderators. Locking threads and banning people for goofing off. As if a discussion forum about video games needs to be taken seriously 100% of the time.

Edit: I also had no idea Royalan was gay. I don't recall him ever discussing it.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
whoa, this thread blew up. Just catching up, this is nuts. It's crazy that now they want to see evidence of ketkats wrongdoing. It's a bit strange....

Where were the requests for evidence in October 2017?
What happened to accusations are evidence?

But now I'm confused, because isn't that awfully close to 'both sides'. And we know both sides is a dog whistle for alt right. I also know from the gospel of Era that black people can be white supremacists, and therefore trans sexual people can be transphobes. And there is your case. Ketkat is the real transphobe here. They should be smearing her across twitter etc. or starting a petition, they like petitions.

Trojita

Well your last post seemed to imply that they suffer because all others have this "super power" they lack.

So what do they really want?
Some may want something they lack but can never attain. Some just may want awareness that people with their condition exist. Telling a whole group of people to fuck off based on something you came up with is a bit silly.

For those of you just lurking or driving by Isamu Fukui is Cerium and the owner of Resetera.

CPeAh3Q.png

TLDR Isamu Fukui is a homophobe that tried along with a few other students to get a gay librarian fired for misconduct then it was found out that this librarians actions were exactly the same as a straight female librarian when it came to telling the students to be quiet in the library (by whispering in their ear to be quiet). He then made up a bunch of bullshit about inappropriate touching by this gay librarian.

Just woke up and please tell me someone has posted this on Era. Now is the time to do it when moderation is in a tizzy.

Doczu

I never posted it but I’m sure one of their users was lurking this thread.

Of course they don't give a shit now, because "go back neo nazi gaf with that shit".
Triple standards and that shit

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Bullshit. You need to only look at the Fuck Acephobes thread. They aren't looking for hugs and pats on the back. They are looking for people to get angry at.

they prob been going through this for a long time. they're frustrated, and venting. Looking for an outlet. no need to get angry at them for it

Trojita

Bullshit. You need to only look at the Fuck Acephobes thread. They aren't looking for hugs and pats on the back. They are looking for people to get angry at.
You think they are all Asexuals in that thread? Or that the very low number of Asexuals in that thread are representative of Asexuals in general?

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
they prob been going through this for a long time. they're frustrated, and venting. Looking for an outlet. no need to get angry at them for it
Not angry at them in the slightest. Merely pointing out the don't want compassion. They want people to join them in hating on someone else. "Cishets" That's how you end hate right? More hatred.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You think they are all Asexuals in that thread? Or that the very low number of Asexuals in that thread are representative of Asexuals in general?
Perhaps I should have been more specific to the asexual guy that made that thread and the "allies" who are joining in. Of course, they don't represent all asexuals. I never said that. Looking at era specifically though they aren't asking for compassion.

Last edited:

NickFire

I'm not one to offer support for the absurd moderation practices over there, but REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The claims that the mods make that place unwelcoming to trans people are the absolute, most ridiculous thing those people could say. It reeks of insanity to me. If they aren't just trolls having a field day by highlighting the absurdity, I have no other way to internally rationalize it than mental illness.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to catch up on this whole thing and it looks like it's turning into an overall grievance airing about how the moderation has been on Era for a very long time. This time, though, they can't just ban everyone and lock up the thread, because it would make them look intolerant to trans people. What a bunch of madness.

edit: wow, Royalan stepping down. They got their sacrifice, I guess. Of course it will never be enough.

Either way, this certainly cements one part of the oppression olympic hierarchy. Apparently, gay black men lose out to white trans women. What a fucking world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

I would like to see someone who is genuinely "acephobic" because I genuinely don't think it exists. Chances are the people who are "mistreated" are done more so because they are massive cunts, not because they are asexual.

Did you ever watch that Key and Peele bit about the gay guys? That is how I imagine the folks at Era, except they never had the sense of realization that they are assholes.

Not Safe For Work imagery, so be careful:

Paltheos

I'm not one to offer support for the absurd moderation practices over there, but REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The claims that the mods make that place unwelcoming to trans people are the absolute, most ridiculous thing those people could say. It reeks of insanity to me. If they aren't just trolls having a field day by highlighting the absurdity, I have no other way to internally rationalize it than mental illness.

A consequence of discouraging critical discussion. On top of building an echo chamber, you tend to drive allot of intelligent people away (GAF, or parts of GAF anyway, isn't innocent here either, but at least on GAF it's not built into the moderation policy).

I've wandered down the rabbit hole - I've seen some of the shit on the face of that site. I have no sympathy for the administration. They drove themselves into this corner.

Still, this is... I just can't understand this kind of nuttery. Are these people new? Do they not see the moderations across the site going beyond the point of reason disparaging anything that could even be construed as anti-LGBT? What's going on in their heads to arrive at this conclusion?

What I just cannot wrap my head around is that, for all ResetEra's obviously pitiful qualities, it probably is one of the most sheltered, "lol safe space" communities for trans folks on the internet. Like, if I were trans -- and somehow able to stomach the number of flaws with Era in general -- honestly? I would absolutely post there.

So how fucking self-defeatist is it for people in such a sheltered community to lash out and demand blood? It's like watching some sort of closeted, intellectually-stunted "Lord of the Flies" scenario play out. This... this is MGSV Chapter 3.

Tesseract

Banned
What I just cannot wrap my head around is that, for all ResetEra's obviously pitiful qualities, it probably is one of the most sheltered, "lol safe space" communities for trans folks on the internet. Like, if I were trans -- and somehow able to stomach the number of flaws with Era in general -- honestly? I would absolutely post there.

So how fucking self-defeatist is it for people in such a sheltered community to lash out and demand blood? It's like watching some sort of closeted, intellectually-stunted "Lord of the Flies" scenario play out. This... this is MGSV Chapter 3.

life eats life

jason10mm

Gold Member
I like the "community manager" who is REALLY auditioning hard to be hired on as a CM for era. That is always the shoe drop with these guys. They light a place up and then generously offer their services, for a fee, to clean up the mess they created.

I also love the folks decrying a 7 person admin team for lack of diversity. You'd need what, 20 people in order to have 1 gay person if you stuck with national demographics? And 1000 to have a trans? How many to have an asexual? 10k, 100k? Insanity.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Nobody had ever for me for my "stuff" and now I have to have compassion for people that literally their proble is that they don't want sex? Lol nope.

don't you wish you had had some compassion though ? ppl didn't give it to you for the same reason youre not giving it to them. Such a shame

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I would like to see someone who is genuinely "acephobic" because I genuinely don't think it exists.
I mean when an entire movement is based around how amazingly open you are about having sex, when there are pride parades about how you have sex, when you are constantly belittling “incels” and shaming “sad basement dwelling virgins” for not having sex, then yeah, it creates an environment where not having sex is shameful.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I mean when an entire movement is based around how amazingly open you are about having sex, when there are pride parades about how you have sex, when you are constantly belittling “incels” and shaming “sad basement dwelling virgins” for not having sex, then yeah, it creates an environment where not having sex is shameful.

Didn't think of it that way. I guess the LGBT community truly is a toxic shit hole to their own.

dream

I like the "community manager" who is REALLY auditioning hard to be hired on as a CM for era. That is always the shoe drop with these guys. They light a place up and then generously offer their services, for a fee, to clean up the mess they created.

I also love the folks decrying a 7 person admin team for lack of diversity. You'd need what, 20 people in order to have 1 gay person if you stuck with national demographics? And 1000 to have a trans? How many to have an asexual? 10k, 100k? Insanity.
It really is a page out of the mafia handbook. At this point, these weirdos are basically shaking them down for “protection.”

cant say the forum doesn’t deserve it though,

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Both incels and sad basement-dwelling virgins that populate resetera want to have sex though. Asexuals don't. People find it strange and hard to relate to but I can't imagine anyone using asexual as a slur.

NeilH1982

Banned

Then maybe that movement wasn't meant for you and you should stop co-opting it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom