• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
the arguments against boycotting are almost funnier than the ones for it. "she's already rich, so it's okay!" "why punish all these devs?" "they work for Di$n3y, the company that never does anything wrong!"

like that is the argument, the devs aren't working for this vile woman, they are working for the company who thanked the CCP in their latest movie, which they filmed next to a re-education camp.

all the moral fibre of cave slime.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
the arguments against boycotting are almost funnier than the ones for it. "she's already rich, so it's okay!" "why punish all these devs?" "they work for Di$n3y, the company that never does anything wrong!"

like that is the argument, the devs aren't working for this vile woman, they are working for the company who thanked the CCP in their latest movie, which they filmed next to a re-education camp.

The people making those arguments are getting shouted down though so those don't represent the majority opinion. The most common opinion so far is "fuck JK Rowling I'm not buying this" and "I'll buy it used and donate to charity". Both reasonable opinions to me.

Last edited:
The people making those arguments are getting shouted down though so those don't represent the majority opinion. The most common opinion so far is "fuck JK Rowling I'm not buying this" and "I'll buy it used and donate to charity". Both reasonable opinions to me.
Hey, if you want to see misogynists as reasonable then fair enough. I think they're being cunts.

SCB3

Wait WB isnt owned by Disney

Patriots7

Rowling thread is a REEE to remember lol

what, by referring to "people who menstruate"?

are you offended by jokes about menstruation made by a real woman?

feminism in 2020 lol
I don't know what she said, I assume she said something offensive given the fact we are perpetually inundated with conversation about her. Nor do I really want to delve into what she said. People who are offended should just ignore her.

Ionian

WTF is buying it and then donating to a charity do?

hahaha

Edit: was kinda ambiguous.

Last edited:

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
I truly don't understand the recent controversy with JK Rowling, she wrote a book about a transvestite killer, what do transvestites have to do with transgenders? One has gender dysphoria and one dresses in women's clothing for fun.
LGBT+ can in no way be portrayed in a bad light according to them, or else it means the author is a hateful bigot. Only cis white male villains allowed.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Hey, if you want to see misogynists as reasonable then fair enough. I think they're being cunts.
People don't want to buy it because she has incredibly shitty political views when it comes to transgender individuals. Plenty of other products get boycott all the time for political reasons so I don't really see the issue.

WTF is buying it and then donating to a charity do?

hahaha

Edit: was kinda ambiguous.
Well donating to charity is always a good thing, but specifically buying it used means that JK Rowling herself gets less money in royalties because you aren't supporting the developer directly.

Which obviously doesn't really affect her very much considering she already has more than enough money to last several lifetimes but I understand the sentiment.

Last edited:

Ionian

People don't want to buy it because she has incredibly shitty political views when it comes to transgender individuals. Plenty of other products get boycott all the time for political reasons so I don't really see the issue.

Well donating to charity is always a good thing, but specifically buying it used means that JK Rowling herself gets less money in royalties because you aren't supporting the developer directly.

Which obviously doesn't really affect her very much considering she already has more than enough money to last several lifetimes but I understand the sentiment.

Not buying it means even less, meaning nothing.

I am from NASA.

Pew Pew Pew!

Last edited:

Redlancet

Banned

modern trans lobbys are one of the most miserable,toxic and aggressive i have seen on my live,and i have nothing againts trans people myself

Redlancet

Banned

what shitty political views? she is a very reasonable woman,you people are out of your mind with all this trans nonsense,you dont have any fucking nuance,everything its black and white for you

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's so crazy what feminism has become. We're past the 3rd wave and onto the 4th where trans-women are more important than biological-women.

This is exactly where we are and it's insane. I imagine the backlash will be enormous once more more normal women who aren't plugged into Activist-Twitter catch on to what is being pushed in the name of Feminism, and I imagine Rowling starting these big rows that get tons of exposure will accelerate that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not buying it means even less, meaning nothing.

I am from NASA.

Pew Pew Pew!

But then you don't get to CONSOOM PRODUCT while also convincing yourself that you're doing a morally good act.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ionian

But then you don't get to CONSOOM PRODUCT while also convincing yourself that you're doing a morally good act.

Excuse me sir/maam. I

I think it's about time GAF starting creating anti-pronouns to battle the made up ones.

Let's go underground.

Mine is : Idontgiveaflyingfuckwhatyoudo

Maybe too long to catch on though :(

Last edited:
It's crazy, I tried to fine the classic thread that if you didn't date a trans person were you a bigot?

Was pure ban-bait.

Too many links from Google though, all dumb

Google search, I can be arsed posted them all;

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017 5,387
Jun 21, 2018
Well I'm not one of them. Almost half of the people I've dated have been trans.
From one of those searches.
JzuH9TA.jpg

Last edited:

Misc

modern trans lobbys are one of the most miserable,toxic and aggressive i have seen on my live,and i have nothing againts trans people myself

The author of that childhood book that I keep on enjoying at this age is not approving my gender transition and I feel betrayed: the thread

oh come on, ‘fuck JK, I’m not buying this’ is a moral stand. ‘Fuck JK, I’m buying this used and the donating it’ is just a load of bollocks. It’s a blatant loophole. If you hold the conviction that Rowling is immoral and that’s important to you then you don’t buy the product, you don’t play it, you don’t join in the thread except to denounce it. You say ‘fuck JK’ and you say ‘fuck Harry Potter’ because the principle, that you spend all day defending online, is more important than a fucking video game. That’s how you make a stand.

or it actually isn’t that important to you and you’re full of shit and you’re gonna play the game and enjoy it and discuss it online just as you do with any other game but if anyone asks you’ll just say you bought it used and fuck JK. Right on.

I respect not buying the game. I don’t respect the other thing. It’s just so phoney and lacking in substance.

fatty

That thread about pricing the ps5 digital higher than the Xbox series s to “create a sense of exclusivity” is a particularly egregious example
I swear some people should focus on their arts degree instead of pretending to be business analysts.

The next Michael Pachter?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
We laugh but they fucking should ban the game on there, no OT, no excuses. If they mean what they say about JK Rowling then they how can they do otherwise?

Yeah I've suggested that here about Cyberpunk 2077 a few times but it was pointed out to me that, at the end of the day, Cerium likes money and they can't alienate their gaming audience.

Astral Dog

We laugh but they fucking should ban the game on there, no OT, no excuses. If they mean what they say about JK Rowling then they how can they do otherwise?
Harry Potter is too big of a name to ban, the members will just fly elsewhere to discuss the game if that happens and ERA will lose popularity, they can't touch this one.

And its probably going to have an amazingly detailed OT just with a banner at the very end with fuck JK Rowling she is the devil don't buy this game or you suck

Last edited:

Chun Swae

Banned
Lol I'm so happy JK made her billions before the lynch mob came for her character since she's already well off. I was interested in checking out what the outrage was about once I heard about the controversy months ago, and was shocked to learn that she had not incited violence or said anything hateful about trans people at all. Just that transgender women are not biological women and real women deserve their own spaces.
I had a trans person/close friend come out to me after working with them for 2 years at my on campus job in college, the most nerdy, nice guy I had ever met and the last person I'd say would be trans if you asked me earlier. So gender dysphoria is definitely a real thing and I will definitely call you whatever name people want out of respect, but my brain shuts off when you try to demand people say that trans people are somehow biologically what they are identifying as.

nush

Lol I'm so happy JK made her billions before the lynch mob came for her character since she's already well off. I was interested in checking out what the outrage was about once I heard about the controversy months ago, and was shocked to learn that she had not incited violence or said anything hateful about trans people at all. Just that transgender women are not biological women and real women deserve their own spaces.
I had a trans person/close friend come out to me after working with them for 2 years at my on campus job in college, the most nerdy, nice guy I had ever met and the last person I'd say would be trans if you asked me earlier. So gender dysphoria is definitely a real thing and I will definitely call you whatever name people want out of respect, but my brain shuts off when you try to demand people say that trans people are somehow biologically what they are identifying as.
HandmadeShadowyElephant-size_restricted.gif

They banned someone who apparently worked on the game for 3 years. It speaks volumes about ERA. The fact they equate buying the game to just JK Rowling (even in their warped view of her) is ridiculous. There are hundreds if not thousands who build such games and IP, to think you're doing anything but harming the majority of good people working on such things is fucked. At best they're hypocrites typing on their PC, connected to their high speed internet while messaging friends on their latest iPhone and drinking water from Nestle or Coke etc. I wonder where their clothes come from.

This whole concept is stupid. To ban people with differing view is a step too far. There's zero discussion and I've looked through all of Rowling's posts and writings to also discover there is nothing but support for the wide variety of happy and unhappy trans as well as many other types of people out there.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Ideas for threads/posts for the trolls

Are you trans if you drink polyjuice potion?
HHow can JKR be transphobic when she let people change their gender in order of the phoenix to protect Harry when flying?

Jubenhimer

I don't see why ResetERA can't just move their Political threads to a dedicated Politics forum... You know, like most other forums do?

GymWolf

The same reason why they can't cancel cyberpunk, too many people on that cesspool are gonna buy and want to discuss an harry potter game.

They can only cancel indie game who nobody gives a fuck about it.

Imagine entering a videogame forum during cyberpunk launch period and not finding an OT for that game...

Thread about a Hogwarts game just became a thread where people can one up each other on virtue signaling. This might take the cake so far tho.

200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom