• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Something about this story just seems fake...

Guy says lets go sort this outside with a fist fight
He agrees and goes to an empty parking lot with no witnesses
Becomes shocked that person is trying to punch and hurt him in a fist fight
Refuses to fight back because self defense "looks bad"
Calls cops
Cops arrive but other person says they didn't fight
OP somehow has no proof that a fight took place besides a limp after the other person "Puched, slapped, kicked, etc." to him but apparently let no marks or swelling or anything visible????
Cops shrug shoulders and say maybe next week they'll call him to figure out what to do next

:pie_thinking: :pie_thinking: :pie_thinking:

Forgot that the only reason he didn't beat the guy's ass is because he's afraid of the law but then immediately called the police........

Wow dude is almost 50 years old too, and went apeshit about someone's grammar even though he "really doesn't care about people's grammar and enjoys slang".

Yeah it’s a mildly amusing story but full of plotholes.

TransTrender

Gold Member
TzBVM8Y.png

Please say sike...
Thank you for mining out this nugget of gold

Soodanim

Gold Member
Is it mostly trans women who are vocal in the threads tearing into men finding “cis” women attractive?

And the reason they don’t like it is because as a trans woman “cis” men don’t find them attractive?

Not trying to stir anything, just trying to understand where their coming from.
I had a conversation with someone fairly recently that made me understand the thought process behind it. For the people that call women TERFs or SWERFs, the viewpoint is that because they are women in their minds they should be included in a lesbian’s Yes column.

The obvious thing that will have flagged up in your mind as you read that is that physical attraction is a huge part of it. Most trans people regardless of the stage of their transition as a transsexual are well aware of this, let alone transgender people.

My opinion is that while SWERF definitely doesn’t apply in this context, TERF doesn’t either. Trans-Exclusionary Lesbian would be more accurate, but only in the same way Male-Exclusionary Lesbian would be. If you were to be more honest, the only specific term that needs to exist is Trans-Inclusionary Lesbian, but I think that’s just Bisexual at that point.

tldr: Some trans people get caught up in their internal view of themselves to the point that they ignore/forget the importance of other factors in attraction.

SJRB

Gold Member
It seems Red Letter Media is next on the chopping block..

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Please link.

After their fantastic reviews of Star Wars 1-3, I will defend RLM to my dying breath

Nothing major. OP and a couple others think they're offensive, some people love them, some people don't like their brand of humour but love their serious reviews, and some don't like any of their work. Not far off the standard mix of opinions you'd get anywhere.

Off the back of that thread's multiple mentions of it I watched the Captain Marvel review, and I didn't find it to be problematic. They discussed the impression she gave from various sources and pointed out the flaws in her thoughts on 40 year old white dude critics, then moved on to not being huge fans of the movie.

TheRyzzl

Neo Member

This isn't all that new. Any new RLM stuff that got posted in etc forum quickly became a shitshow. They didn't outright ban them but you have to post in the RLM OT in etc hangouts. I love RLM to death and if they actually watched their content they would know they're pretty open minded. Most the hate comes from them shitting on Brie Larson for Captain Marvel shenanigans(deservedly so) and rich making a admittedly bad taste ching chong chinese impression as a joke years ago.

GeorgPrime

Banned
This is a profile I came across awhile back. Took a screenshot since it was so crazy.

riUFmD5.jpg

She will be one of those woman that will crying on social media about how they are missing something in life like kids and now its too late.

Friend of mine, his sister, finally found a good man to marry. She is almost 40. She is pregnant now.

Her quote:

"I seriously have to rethink life since all those feminists manipulated me by saying that my life is over when i get pregnant. I think my life finally got some value with this kid and iam happy that its not too late now to raise it."

Last edited:

This is just lame shit from people who take everything far too seriously. Juvenile jokes from RLM are seen as dogwhistles to white supremacists or something from Era. That's why they're incapable of having fun there because they must think of the ramifications of "marginalized" communities.

PSlayer

Nothing major. OP and a couple others think they're offensive, some people love them, some people don't like their brand of humour but love their serious reviews, and some don't like any of their work. Not far off the standard mix of opinions you'd get anywhere.

Off the back of that thread's multiple mentions of it I watched the Captain Marvel review, and I didn't find it to be problematic. They discussed the impression she gave from various sources and pointed out the flaws in her thoughts on 40 year old white dude critics, then moved on to not being huge fans of the movie.
They were already canceled multiple times(it started here btw back in 2017). Resetera mods didn't blacklist them yet but they were basically quarentined into their own |OT|. Any thread outside of that goes with your usual suspects going "aren't this guys biggots?" or "Why are you guys watching this? am not saying you're bad person for watching this but..."

Dav-Kripler

So I'm still many pages behind but I came across this thread and... well, if this isn't already brought up, screencaps away.
Edit: I see that I'm not the first to come across this one😅 just reading through their comments... Wtf the guys are chilled out and cool. Why must everything be a crusade against fun?

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Sounds familiar to an incel mindset

Took the words right out of my mouth when I read that post.

Sexually, there’s not much difference between a jaded non passing trans person who seeks to redefine sexual preference and an incel who seeks to redefine sexual preference because they have a lot of the same hang ups and issues. In the end, no one is owed sexual attraction and you have to work with what you have.

Cyberpunkd

We got a weird one. :goog_unsure:
It only took a few replies for a snowflake to show up:
That whole might-makes-right-let's-fight-to-settle-things-macho-bullshit is so fucking dumb.
Only dumb if you cannot protect yourself. Better to complain on the Internet than to teach some thrash a lesson.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Her quote:

"I seriously have to rethink life since all those feminists manipulated me by saying that my life is over when i get pregnant. I think my life finally got some value with this kid and iam happy that its not too late now to raise it."

Believe me, when you have kids, all these media sensationalism, negativity, "wokeness" go all out the window and you'll be focused on having a family and you'll value life much more.

Outlier

Wildly lactose intolerant, stops consuming massive amounts of dairy and starts working out and feels much better. Confused by the results, believes it to just be a placebo effect...

po4DROg.png
Next thing they'll tell us about is how they took responsibility and accountability for something and they strangely felt better about themselves and their outlook on life...

Then they decided to go back Era to cure the strange "ailment"... :messenger_unamused:

Beside, they could just take Lactose free milk, if they can. I'm allergic to lactose, but only from some products mixed with milk, so I still consume dairy, but they might have severe allergies to it, to completely stop the intake.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

The irony in this one is pretty funny

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
i just got a text from a good friend asking me if I knew about ResetEra, she said it's a great source for game news. I immediately thought of you guys.

She is a lesbian and even more progressive than me. I give her one week before she's banned (she's an attractive biological woman). I'd share her Reeee user name but I know their admins scour this thread.

Last edited:

Vaelka

It's actually a bit amusing how hypocritical they are tho ( RLM that is ).
On their gaming channel they were bitching about how the game '' Haydee '' on Steam is supposedly misogynistic but they constantly sit around making really sexist comments in their movie reviews and act like total pigs.
I get that's part of the joke, but it's still pretty hypocritical to then act like some puritan princess about a woman ass in a video game.
Especially with all of the rather extreme rape jokes they make.

A lot of people that would fit right into Resetera do that too, a lot of them have locker room humour but then act like pearl clutchers when it's not they themselves making the jokes etc.
I think some of the big Breadtube people have a shady past with this too and still make really sexist jokes just about the '' bad women '' so it's accepted.

Edit: I mean these are the same guys that have hired women in the past to dance in their underwear in their videos and pretend to be abducted and framed in a really creepy and rapey way.
But a game dev makes a game where a womans ass is visible, that's where the line is drawn apparently.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
i just got a text from a good friend asking me if I knew about ResetEra, she said it's a great source for game news. I immediately thought of you guys.

She is a lesbian and even more progressive than me. I give her one week before she's banned (she's an attractive biological woman). I'd share her Reeee user name but I know their admins scour this thread.

Tell her

"Thanks for letting me now. Now we can bet how long it takes until you get banned"

TVexperto

aOoGSAQ.png

"Hello, yes I'm from TransEra and I could really use that money right now, thank you for your support."

Cha-ching.

Didn't stop him complaining about .28c before.

Just a small amount ...
if I lost 28c. (which could afford nothing) I'd be so annoyed

Dude needs to up his game.

EDIT: no interest in trolling but don't make it so blatant. Hecht hasn't even banned him yet.
What's the point of donating your money to trans charity? How they'll spend these money? To HRT? I have a feeling the money will just go to someone's pocket and that's it.

Obvious troll, but if it wasn't I'm sure his grandparents are happy that those 450 euros are going to a good cause lol
How can a game be transphobic when you have the option to play a transgender character?

Which other game did this before?
Yeah, that has to be a Troll, "Between both donations I've give more than some Europeans make in a month, I know it isn't much" :rolleyes:

"After playing it I can't believe how transphobic the game is" How so? Even Transera with their mind already made up haven't found anything transphobic in the game besides the poster they already knew about. Just a decent, well written trans character and that's it.
This is 100% trolling. Good one.

Alright everybody, I am sorry for quoting you but they finally banned one of my alt accounts. You were all right. It was a huge troll I did and Kyiiiiuuuuuu even thanked me for that ... its funny how afterwards he disappeared from the thread (probably too busy playing his free copy of cyberpunk). BTW did kiyuuuu ever donate anything? dont think so. i played that dude so hard and the rest of the trans pretenders that thanked me.

This is the post that got my alt account banned. (took them two weeks to ban me lol). They reversed my ban after I MISGENDERED another fucking user in a PRIVATE REPORT and they made it public, afterwards they removed the ban and now they are still using that reason to ban this account again. they are making up rules as they go. "concern trolling in a sensitive topic" ah yes... a fucking video game announcement is a sensitive topic. so many snowflakes.

pWofWBH.png

lets see if they can spot my other accounts now...

Alright everybody, I am sorry for quoting you but they finally banned one of my alt accounts. You were all right. It was a huge troll I did and Kyiiiiuuuuuu even thanked me for that ... its funny how afterwards he disappeared from the thread (probably too busy playing his free copy of cyberpunk). BTW did kiyuuuu ever donate anything? dont think so. i played that dude so hard and the rest of the trans pretenders that thanked me.

This is the post that got my alt account banned. (took them two weeks to ban me lol). They reversed my ban after I MISGENDERED another fucking user in a PRIVATE REPORT and they made it public, afterwards they removed the ban and now they are still using that reason to ban this account again. they are making up rules as they go. "concern trolling in a sensitive topic" ah yes... a fucking video game announcement is a sensitive topic. so many snowflakes.

pWofWBH.png

Yes, you must properly gender someone who doesn't even know their own gender.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Any photos... for research purposes 😂😂😂 (the kyuuji defence)

Ionian

pWofWBH.png

Holy shit, hahaha.

Not into trolling myself but I'd be lying if I said I didn't bust up laughing at the reveal.

That ban message really is the cherry on top.

Well played and the reveal still has me busting up laughing while I type this.

Kyiuu (spelling) has to be a troll as well, just has to be. Seriously funny shit.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member

pWofWBH.png

LMAO you funny bastard.

pWofWBH.png

Sorry do You have link for the topic? I wanna see the comments ab ur "little" imaginary donation

nush

I really don't understand the hatred that movie gets. I really enjoyed it.
I did too because from the off I'd recognized it was subverting Star Wars. I said to myself "Strap in this movie is going places". At the same time I'm aware you don't pull that shit on a mainline saga movie in the middle of a trilogy. If it was a side story movie it would have been OK but not great. I still enjoy it as Star Wars Episode YOLO!

Umbasaborne

Banned

pWofWBH.png

Lol omfg they fucking love their “concern trolling”. Such fucking piss babies. “Dont you dare criticize something i like! Otherwise ill have you banned for being concerned”

“this is era, dont challenge my view points ever and let me scream whatever the fuck i want or else we will ban you.”

i defintely think that racist trolls show up in the political threads, they should be called out. But acting like a snow flake over your favorite video game or console maker? Come the fuck on, these people need to grow the fuck up. You cant get rid of people who dissagree with you by labeling them concern trolls in the real world.

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
Am I the only one or is Politics on NeoGAF turning to Reset 2.0? We're making fun of em' but it's basically turning into that here on Politics. We can't really have two Resets can we? It would be fucking putrid.

I have noticed an increased uptick in bans, especially conservatives members. Diffusion, Schrodinger'sCat, Crypto, Highrider and so many others....

As a Conservative myself.... That fucking sucks.

cormack12

Gold Member
Am I the only one or is Politics on NeoGAF turning to Reset 2.0? We're making fun of em' but it's basically turning into that here on Politics. We can't really have two Resets can we? It would be fucking putrid.

I have noticed an increased uptick in bans, especially conservatives members. Diffusion, Schrodinger'sCat, Crypto, Highrider and so many others....

As a Conservative myself.... That fucking sucks.

There was a post about it

Some people lost their head and requested bans, others tried to continue with the same schtick. I don't see the issue - the direction was set and announced and people didn't adapt or chose to be martyrs. Site admins just decided it wasn't a place for reactionary tweets and aligned itself to be more dependent on reportative and fact based articles/sources (left or right). Probably a decision made based on seeing how internet stupidity boils over into the real world. This is in the recently posted threads for examples:

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
There was a post about it

Some people lost their head and requested bans, others tried to continue with the same schtick. I don't see the issue - the direction was set and announced and people didn't adapt or chose to be martyrs. Site admins just decided it wasn't a place for reactionary tweets and aligned itself to be more dependent on reportative and fact based articles/sources (left or right). Probably a decision made based on seeing how internet stupidity boils over into the real world. This is in the recently posted threads for examples:

Well, I can't post in politics yet as I am new. Been lurking since the old days. Even had an account here that bishoptl permanently banned.

But the post above with the whole fringe content - I can see why he did that. Some threads were really quite deranged but NOT all of them. For example -- am I allowed to have a personal opinion on the election? Am I allowed to believe it was stolen?

What is considered conspiracy and what is not? So any threads must have a seal of approval from left-approved news sources/outlets?

My point is - are Conservatives views being silenced or targeted at NeoGAF? I thought this place was suppose to be different?

Somehow during Trump 4 years - wild conspiracies were allowed to be posted such as Russia-gate among other well-known conspiracies and these were all coming from left-leaning Tweets/YouTubers (not from proper sources) and it was NEVER censored?

I am trying to understand whether it's worth it to stay or leave. As I was quite interested in staying here due to Conservatives having a voice. If we don't.... I really don't want to stay. Too bad.

Thanks again for the update above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom