• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmimmfn

"Welcomes every member"
6JxT5ZF.jpg

But based on the following tier/caste system( which will be changed at any time by our mods ), listed from highest member in our society to lowest( but all equal ;) ):
1. You're transgender
2. You're anything else, non-binary( anything else apart from asexual or CIS, millions of options )
3. You're Asexual
4. You're a PoC Female
5. You're a PoC Male
6. You're white CIS female( already privileged )
7. You're white CIS male( already privileged )
8..99 Anyone else
100. You're a gamer but not white or male
1000. You're a gamer, white/male, the worst scum

Eh, weird thread, but at least it's not "which pokegirl would you date". That could lead to even creepier answers.

Resetera-member survives plane crash together with some cute girl, they reach an island. Weeks go by.

girl: 'M-maybe we could start a famil-'
Resetera-member: 'Sorry, didn't hear ya. I saw some hot wolves deeper in the jungle. Maybe I can join their pack and get some nice pussy!'

🙈💀

Does anyone else remember a time when this was considered a joke?

VM3tBXG.png

vh7BYy8.png

It used to be considered a joke to bring up Hitler or accuse people of being Nazis ages ago to win arguments. You lost the argument if you had to resort to that, but now it's considered to be an unironic mantra to some who can't handle the fact that other people have different opinions in online discussions. You can include transphobia and "acephobia" in here as well. They've lost all meaning and are used now to shut people, including other trans people down for daring to think differently.

What's happening right now at Resetera is a result of the culture that the leadership there has cultivated the past few years. The only difference is that instead of hapless posters who commited the grievous sin of not falling in lockstep with the children being the target it's instead the mod team. They are doing exactly what they have been allowed to and have been encouraged to do all this time.

Instead of cultivating a space that allows for balanced and actual discussion where people can disagree without trying to immediately get dissenters banned, they instead allowed power posters to run amok and mark the impure for permabanning.

Now it's come back to bite them in the ass. And they are already acquiescing because the beast they have created has grown too big for its cage and they can't do anything about it lest they lose an arm or more.

Green Saber

Does anyone else remember a time when this was considered a joke?

VM3tBXG.png

vh7BYy8.png

It used to be considered a joke to bring up Hitler or accuse people of being Nazis ages ago to win arguments. You lost the argument if you had to resort to that, but now it's considered to be an unironic mantra to some who can't handle the fact that other people have different opinions in online discussions. You can include transphobia and "acephobia" in here as well. They've lost all meaning and are used now to shut people, including other trans people down for daring to think differently.

What's happening right now at Resetera is a result of the culture that the leadership there has cultivated the past few years. The only difference is that instead of hapless posters who commited the grievous sin of not falling in lockstep with the children being the target it's instead the mod team. They are doing exactly what they have been allowed to and have been encouraged to do all this time.

Instead of cultivating a space that allows for balanced and actual discussion where people can disagree without trying to immediately get dissenters banned, they instead allowed power posters to run amok and mark the impure for permabanning.

Now it's come back to bite them in the ass. And they are already acquiescing because the beast they have created has grown too big for its cage and they can't do anything about it lest they lose an arm or more.
ERA calling everyone they don't agree with a Nazi totally cheapens what being an actual Nazi is, it is like when they say the USA is a Nazi country and there is me thinking if they actually lived in a Nazi nation they would not be able to type such crap as the internet would be locked down and they would be locked up.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

I am sure a certain Bish wanna be mod is seething right now that trans issues are getting more attention than the persecution and abuse of the black community.

TrainedRage

Banned
The best part was when Royalen got caught being a shit person. Ya know an actual bigot. {loses mod status, no ban}
Mean while my main on Reeee was banned forever for posting a meme Magic The Gathering trump card.

HONK HONK

ManaByte

Gold Member
The best part was when Royalen got caught being a shit person. Ya know an actual bigot. {loses mod status, no ban}
Mean while my main on Reeee was banned forever for posting a meme Magic The Gathering trump card.

HONK HONK

A Trump MTG card is an “inflammatory thread derail” for posting a picture of the current President in the safe space.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Whew... what a journey. This is going to embolden so many people who will make increasingly crazier demands and have no fear of being actioned.

TrainedRage

Banned
A Trump MTG card is an “inflammatory thread derail” for posting a picture of the current President in the safe space.
Yeah you right.... I should have sought council from the elders.

....No but seriously can y'all start crying like a bunch of children until a mod over there unbans me? I got things I need to say!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whew... what a journey. This is going to embolden so many people who will make increasingly crazier demands and have no fear of being actioned.
If an entire forum goes into meltdown mode with bans, unbans, mods getting de-modded, public apologies, 2 year old dug up posts, staff needing to explain to people why someone was banned, all due to one person cheesing some secret info (which nobody even knows exactly what was said anyway)......... just imagine what would happen if something actually important materialized.

Talk about high strung numbnuts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
What a rollercoaster of mental illness!

Let's be honest, the Ree boards are now officially run by the Trans community.

ResetEra is a Trans forum first and foremost.

TrainedRage

Banned
You know whats legit funny? They are all on this Acephobe / Asexual kick right now. But.... don't they all shit on incels?

Like, what's the difference between being asexual and being an incel? Are they both not sexual identifications? Wouldnt they all be incelaphobic?
Seems pretty sketchy to me.
If we are all human and sexual identity is nothing to joke or make fun of, then why do they all piss on incels?

see THIS is why I need my era account back. to make these deep topics that go WAY over the bigoted heads of those shit stains.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You know whats legit funny? They are all on this Acephobe / Asexual kick right now. But.... don't they all shit on incels?

Like, what's the difference between being asexual and being an incel? Are they both not sexual identifications? Wouldnt they all be incelaphobic?
If we are all human and sexual identity is nothing to joke or make fun of, then why do they all piss on incels?

see THIS is why I need my era account back. to make these deep topics that go WAY over the bigoted heads of those shit stains.
Reeee has a pecking order of assholery. Just comes down to anyone exactly figuring out the formula.

Any one of those so-called righteous folks spewing equality is full of BS. If anything, anyone who has such a focused agenda in life regarding people's demographics are the pure evil racist and discriminatory ass who is always bee-lining for isolating people into their own dreamland of social standing.

No doubt, straight white guys are public enemy #1. From there, feel free to toss your dart set as to which gender/sexuality/race combination is #2, #3...... etc..... just as Imimmfn posted above except my ranking is in reverse order.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

you'll get instantly locked and banned and sent to the gulag, don't waste your time

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hobbes, the insignificant "incident manager" going full Littlefinger.

I told y'all the narcissists over there would seize the opportunity to gain influence as things get shakier.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
edit: nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:

theekad

Banned
I find it hard to believe that the Ree moderators are dumb enough to believe that the uprising is about transparency or KitKat or whatever other nonsensical demands they’ve thrown out. It’s about wielding power that they lack in their real lives. Every time the mods cave, the peanut gallery will just demand more flesh.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
if i make a burner account and call this out and post a the photo with him and two big black dildos does it IP ban me or just that account

Your IP will prob be hot for a bit. Usually you can bypass an IP check after a few months (what I've found)
I'd go steal some Wifi and do it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Reversed due to public outcry.
So Hobbes is basically claiming the staff actually don't agree with unbanning, but did it for sake of making people happy. This is also true since there was a staff post about mods having a unified front to keep the ban (at that time) due to not wanting people snooping around.

So Reeee mods haven;t really apologized in principle - an overreaction and mistake.

Just more ammo for users to go after mods.

lol

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wait, so is the subject of this latest fit honestly asexuals? Like, of all the fucking things, it was this that sunk the ship.

Not homophobes. Not racists. Not people who think it's a little weird to cut your dick off.

This.

People who don't want to do sex.

I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom