• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You're free to express left-wing positions on GAF. Someone having a different political opinion in your vicinity isn't psychic violence against you. It goes without saying, but being right-wing -- or merely not as far-left as someone on Reset -- doesn't presuppose someone to be a horrible racist. If you see racists enveloping the entire internet outside of your little ideological bubble, it's your perception at fault, not the world.

KOMANI

KOMANI
You're free to express left-wing positions on GAF. Someone having a different political opinion in your vicinity isn't psychic violence against you. It goes without saying, but being right-wing -- or merely not as far-left as someone on Reset -- doesn't presuppose someone to be a horrible racist. If you see racists enveloping the entire internet outside of your little ideological bubble, it's your perception at fault, not the world.
I don’t know who you’re addressing, haven’t you heard? It’s just us racists in here.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Can anyone explain why REEEEESetera hates piracy so much? I thought they are anti capitalists so that means piracy should be allowed.

They are only anti-"big capitalist". Go look at any thread talking about limiting copyright law or shortening IP ownership before going public domain and it's all "artists DESERVE compensation for their creativity forever!!!!" (Unless you are Taylor Swift though, then it gets murky...)

I'm pretty convinced most era posters are failing artists that just really really want that one megasuccessfu idea to catapult them into internet greatness and wealth like all the other internet sensations they envy.

Of course the fact that those successful folks worked incredibly hard, failed and got up again and again, and didn't spend all their time whining on the 'net escapes them....

Helios

Literally how is there more racism on the internet today when you can get banned from the most ridiculous thing?
DlohPQLW0AAs-nW.jpg

But no, remember the old days when racists weren't able to "abuse algorithms and make everything racist"? Everyone was calling each other such wonderful names as n***er-f****ts and we had wholesome memes like
tenor.gif

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
"This cannot be stressed enough, memes are such a tool of the right wingers. " says Lightning Count. The left can't meme and the jealousy continues to show. No sense of humor and these fucks wonder why no one will have sex with them.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Literally how is there more racism on the internet today when you can get banned from the most ridiculous thing?
DlohPQLW0AAs-nW.jpg

But no, remember the old days when racists weren't able to "abuse algorithms and make everything racist"? Everyone was calling each other such wonderful names as n***er-f****ts and we had wholesome memes like
tenor.gif
You can ask the user yourself. They got no problem visiting a forum of racists when tits are involved.
zJ0sQog.png

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
That Ninja thread is good too. Ninja is the example of everything they (suppose to) hate. White, gamer, straight, male, hetero, populair, succesfull and rich and they are all showing how fucking jealous they are.
No jelousy intended but ninja is a fucking idiot comparing a video game to being a real life kicker with 200+ pound men trying to run toward you to decapitate your head

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Agreed, Im left but not far far left like how they are, anyone has a problem with my views or stances FIGHT ME, im not going to cower away and cry about it on the internet

Helios

You can ask the user yourself. They got no problem visiting a forum of racists when tits are involved.
zJ0sQog.png
To be honest, I checked his profile earlier when nush nush posted one of his quotes since I remembered his avatar and he didn't visit the site for a while.

JordanN

Banned
"Everything is racist. Everything is Neo-Nazi"

Yet isn't it funny how Resetera has all the time in the world to indulge on the internet?

They can thank the "nazi" Republicans for actually working for a living and paying taxes, so Resetera babies can stay home and browse the internet 24/7 to look for something to be offended about.

It's the same thing with video games. They continue to shout "Video games are white supremacy!" while begging why can't they finish playing 10 video games after preordering 50 more. What exactly is this "White supremacy" and "Nazism" they talk about, when they act like the #1 consumers of it.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was at CFA Saturday and I too was served by some gay as hell kid. He must be ignorant no? Should I go in there and educate him?

He was white though. I guess since he was also white his natural white supremacy genes were overriding his gay ones.
The guy who served me was black and gay. Clearly he snuck in under their white supremacy anti-LGBTQ radars and whenever his fellow employees find out that he’s black and gay, he will be reported to upper management and immediately fired and banned from the store.

The RESET guy complaining about there being racists everywhere is such a blithering idiot. Does he not remember infamous sites like GNAA or memes like 'Nigga stole my bike ' being created back then during the wild west days of the internet?

Piss off, crybaby

Last edited:

OP never played Yahoo Pool in the early 00s. Era would've had a breakdown in that... era.

600Breezy

I've screencapped this poster already once this weekend for some stupidity.

ipmllh9.png

Why don't shoe manufacturers cater for my plastic foot?

but wouldn’t these shoes be likely manufactured by cheap labour and exploited workers? How could he wear these clown shoes and sleep at night with a clear conscience?

oh I get it - “when it’s me, it’s ok. When it’s you, you’re a nazi.” Lmao

nush

Gold Member
Era's issues with sex positive female depictions in media rivals, if not surges past, the Religious Right and their strive for purity. They are the new Puritans in mass media.

"Oh fuck, her ankles showing!!!"

That's becuse they will never be with an attractive woman, or be one. It's just one step away from the incel rhetoric "She's tormenting me with her looks".

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was better (in a way).

Before the internet got grilled with PC and SJW shit..... (which went into overdrive maybe 5 years ago???), the net was awesome for back and forth name calling.

Best was Yahoo Stock Boards during the dot com craze in the early 2000s. No holds barred.

It was better because everyone had their say (even went it was hardcore name calling), but at the end of the day nobody really cared and people moved on. I was on the Yahoo boards a lot and looking back I remember hardly anything about it except some other user names. It fades away.

BUT, it's also good to have things more controlled now. Not because I want freedom of speech (and laughs) limited. But because what you get now are all the manbabies and SJW (who are losers and unemployable bums) making a scene. 20 years ago, all the niche group morons who get drowned out as everyone had the same opportunity to be loud. But now, those crybabies get special treatment to have their say o they don't get mad and commit suicide. So everyone gives them a break.

Twitter and politics have never been funnier to read.

Who says theatre is dead? When you got pink haird asexual, lesbian, no sex on Thursday, mangirls acting up it's like seeing movies for free.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

SNPlayen

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Guess who's back?

I skimmed the thread.

Basically, everyone (including a mod) is saying it's standard practice in lots of industries making Hobbes look like an idiot.

The guy saw some tweet and posted it thinking he just got the greatest employee/employer scoop all time, and its something that's been done everywhere forever.

Hobbes is a moron.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

I skimmed the thread.

Basically, everyone (including a mod) is saying it's standard practice in lots of industries making Hobbes look like an idiot.

The guy saw some tweet and posted it thinking he just got the greatest employee/employer scoop all time, and its something that's been done everywhere forever.

Hobbes is a moron.

Poor Hobbes :( and he thought he could redeem himself.

Papa

Banned
Guess who's back?

This is normal in most industries to avoid conflicts of interest and disputes around IP. Perhaps Hobbes should get some experience managing in the real world instead of managing hurt feelings on the internet.

Also what’s with all these new accounts posting in this thread recently? Victims of the recent purge?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Poor Hobbes :( and he thought he could redeem himself.
This is normal in most industries to avoid conflicts of interest and disputes around IP. Perhaps Hobbes should get some experience managing in the real world instead of managing hurt feelings on the internet.

Also what’s with all these new accounts posting in this thread recently? Victims of the recent purge?
True.

Another reason why tech companies seem more hard on side jobs is because there's a chance the employee is going to be using company time and tools to do those creative works, whereas someone at home on a boring personal laptop might not have access to all the programs and resources the employer has.

I don't have a non-compete rule in my employment contract. BUT that doesn't mean if I tried to be a consultant on the side being in conflict with my own employer they wouldn't fire me. They probably would because my skills and knowledge is coming from the spreadsheets and signed deals I see at work every day. What they would say is if you want to be a consultant, go ahead, but you got to quit first, and don't take/copy any files before you go.

For these kinds of boring office jobs, you don't have all the crazy tech and programs, so that part of the risk isn't there since everyone at home has MS Office and Outlook anyway. And no shady employee is going to harness a salesforce.com program on the side either like a graphic designer using company tools to make something on company time and dime and then try to sell it or land a side job.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

Long time lurker, too busy laughing and resetera to post. Been banned a few times, Need to maybe use my wifes work email to create a new account, and be a bit more subtle.

I may be late on this but did you guys see that pinned thread in off-topic that talked about a "meeting" between the trans community there and the Era staff? Terrifying.

I guess the solution is to go full authoritarian and dismissive while solidifying the eco chamber and not allowing criticism.

I guess they aren't going to do anything about that active user decline, I suppose they want their dictatorship to be in full swing and only care about the approved few so to speak.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I may be late on this but did you guys see that pinned thread in off-topic that talked about a "meeting" between the trans community there and the Era staff? Terrifying.

I guess the solution is to go full authoritarian and dismissive while solidifying the eco chamber and not allowing criticism.

I guess they aren't going to do anything about that active user decline, I suppose they want their dictatorship to be in full swing and only care about the approved few so to speak.
Who would have guessed that a video game board would be controlled by transgenders and gender identity politics.

Thank god I never created a video game board, I would have done it all wrong by appointing mods who were unbiased, had an interest in video games, and left all their SJW and personal life issues at home.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Long time lurker, too busy laughing and resetera to post. Been banned a few times, Need to maybe use my wifes work email to create a new account, and be a bit more subtle.

Welcome. GAF no longer requires a work email so feel free to sign up and participate with your gmail or whatever. Unless you’re referring to Ree, in which case I would encourage you to keep your personal info (such as your wife’s work email) as hidden as possible from those commie incel fucks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thank you. I am hoping to enjoy this safe space as I work towards my life long dream to become an Incident Manager.
If you want to be an Incident Manager, first things first.

Post a new thread here regarding a topic everyone already knows about, but you make it sound like you just found the cure for cancer.

Then after everyone makes fun it's common knowledge, you disappear from the thread.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

They already had one earlier this year:

I skimmed the thread.

Hobbes is a moron.
LMAO you can tell he's trying so hard to be liked over there and the entire thread turns on him XD. Maybe one day he can pull it off, it would be pretty said if even the rejects reject you.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
LMAO you can tell he's trying so hard to be liked over there and the entire thread turns on him XD. Maybe one day he can pull it off, it would be pretty said if even the rejects reject you.
I'm waiting for him to pull the last ditch card....... "Hey Resetera posters, just want to let all you folx know I'm transexual".

Then adjust his Twitter account to post a rainbow flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom