• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gold Member
The Incident Manager role isn’t about managing incidents, it’s about managing the supply of incidents for the outrage beast to feast on.

Except nobody cares on Reee now about big evil publishers and their practices unless it involves gender politics or a #metoo.

Their not gamers.

Except nobody cares on Reee now about big evil publishers and their practices unless it involves gender politics or a #metoo.

Their not gamers.

Some would say ResetEra gets uncharacteristically conservative when it comes to the business side of video games and how they big companies make their money. Funny how they get almost borderline laissez faire capitalism with monetization, cost, etc, right?

It's almost like the powers that be don't care about social justice and pay lip service to what the corporations see as non-issues to distract from real issues. It's almost like gaming journalism plays this game of sleight of hand too. It's almost like this is by design... that a corporation fucking over consumers can take umbrage under token social justice moves and paint their critics as bigots.

Hell, it's been happening in real time with certain games in the past 2 years.

Their entire form of progressiveness is a performative corporate finesse game that now has true believers. There is a blue haired sucker born every minute and they are lapping up what amounts to a public relations strategy. You are allowed to run any scam and fuck over any consumer you want provided you use the proper pronouns in your press release. That's where we are at today.

Last edited:
From the "Tired of discovering new potentially entertaining youtube channels only to learn they are MRA/alt-right shitheads a few videos in" thread:

CwJnlRJ.png

What kind of crazy shit is this dude clicking on if his feed would be filled with "Nazi Nonsense"? Hitler X Stalin fanfiction.net readings? Alternative History World War 2 theory-crafting videos? Wolfenstein: The New Blood gameplay?

tumblr_przbyslVAS1uphxvgo1_500.gif

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
From the "Tired of discovering new potentially entertaining youtube channels only to learn they are MRA/alt-right shitheads a few videos in" thread:

CwJnlRJ.png

What kind of crazy shit is this dude clicking on if his feed would be filled with "Nazi Nonsense"? Hitler X Stalin fanfiction.net readings? Alternative History World War 2 theory-crafting videos? Wolfenstein: The New Blood gameplay?

Everything to them is "nazi nonsense" it could be anything from a Joe Rogan clip to Ricky Gervais to a clip from Frozen 2.

Kagey K

Banned
It’s all getting to be a bit too much now. I think the guy whose wife was leaving him because she was a lesbian, so he transitioned to try to keep her was the end of the road.

It’s not even satire anymore. At this point nobody has to clown them, because they are too busy clowning each other.

They think it’s a race to the top, but it’s a race to the bottom.

benjipwns

Banned
Guess who's back?

this isn't even enforceable in much of the US notably California, non-competes are even highly restricted in California to where they're just leftover boilerplate rather than truly enforceable

Mattel even tried to claim ownership over works that predated employment with the company (i.e. once you take a job with Mattel everything you've ever created, even as a child, is now their IP), they got BTFO in the court on everything including on just the claim during employment

lol gg Hobbes

Last edited:
It’s all getting to be a bit too much now. I think the guy whose wife was leaving him because she was a lesbian, so he transitioned to try to keep her was the end of the road.

It’s not even satire anymore. At this point nobody has to clown them, because they are too busy clowning each other.

They think it’s a race to the top, but it’s a race to the bottom.

Wait what? That's a real thing that happened? Please link lmao

SNPlayen

The hilarious thing is that this time next year there are going to be 2 new console launches and an election.

This is the calm before the storm. I can’t imagine what September 2020 looks like for bans compared to 2019.
Will they still be around then? We have seen how fragile they were during the KetKat drama.

Kagey K

Banned
Will they still be around then? We have seen how fragile they were during the KetKat drama.
The launches and election drama at the same time will probably break a lot of them, but I’m pretty sure they will push out the other side. Not sure how many people are still there, but they will get through it.

Just with a much smaller community.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

The launches and election drama at the same time will probably break a lot of them, but I’m pretty sure they will push out the other side. Not sure how many people are still there, but they will get through it.

Just with a much smaller community.
I’ll bet you bottom surgery they won’t

Kagey K

Banned
I do hope that once the users start abandoning the ship they will form a different community rather than flood us.
We have already seen some come back, some to troll and some to actually try to have a 2 sided conversation again.

If they want to come back and try again, I think it’s up to the Mods to allow them back and then ban them again, if required.

They just need to keep an extra eye on those returning.

Doczu

We have already seen some come back, some to troll and some to actually try to have a 2 sided conversation again.

If they want to come back and try again, I think it’s up to the Mods to allow them back and then ban them again, if required.

They just need to keep an extra eye on those returning.
I am all for some users to return - many drifters came back from ERA when things started getting hot and integrated nicely here. But some didn't.

... Shit this is starting to sound like we need some Border Patrol, legal migration offices and our own ICE that track down the trolls and sleepers... Huh, can't escape reality it seems.

Kagey K

Banned
I am all for some users to return - many drifters came back from ERA when things started getting hot and integrated nicely here. But some didn't.

... Shit this is starting to sound like we need some Border Patrol, legal migration offices and our own ICE that track down the trolls and sleepers... Huh, can't escape reality it seems.
Oof #truefacts

Tesseract

Banned

start doing this and you will stare into some truly heinous reality portals

from there it's merely a single leap into the shadows, and the abyss

giphy.gif

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Border Patrol, legal migration offices and our own ICE that track down the trolls and sleepers...

Sign me the fuck up, use a troll to catch a troll. You know like software companies hire hackers for big bucks to improve security. Except, I'll do this shit for free.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

CwJnlRJ.png

Haha. Their world becomes smaller and smaller. Everyone is the enemy. I wonder how long their list of people and organisations they hate is now. Everyone is the devil or a nazi, but they are above all that. What they don't realise is that they're more hateful and bitter than most. And resetera is just a small nerdy gathering of those type of people. Most of them are on Twitter of course.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Guess who's back?

And you lot had sympathy for this cunt? No dignity and no self respect

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Is basic hygiene a scam.

nush

Gold Member
The new moderation policy checks out!

On a normal Sunday, without any particularly contagious threads, they managed to clock in

42 bans
37 warnings

Banning or warning 1.6% of unique active users in a single, uneventful day. That’s pretty much peak THQ AMA / Cyberpunk territory 😂

And remember that's on top of this temper tantrum just before.

c9miozA.png

When you are so arrogant you think your new user growth will outgrow your bans.

tumblr_pcr0g9IuUF1rfi53mo8_400.gif

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The new moderation policy checks out!

On a normal Sunday, without any particularly contagious threads, they managed to clock in

42 bans
37 warnings

Banning or warning 1.6% of unique active users in a single, uneventful day. That’s pretty much peak THQ AMA / Cyberpunk territory 😂

I can't wait for Cyberpunk to release. When everyone on Era will pretend like they're not playing it and people begin to get banned simply for having it on their console activity.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I can't wait for Cyberpunk to release. When everyone on Era will pretend like they're not playing it and people begin to get banned simply for having it on their console activity.
I thought they loved cyberpunk now since they took gender out of the character creator or some such nonsense?

Doczu

9NYDckX.png

OkD8LFf.gif
Do i really have to use the "stray further from god" pic again? XD

But yeah, troll thread.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

9NYDckX.png

OkD8LFf.gif
“...reading it to the climax.”

What does this mean?

Status