• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So I guess on RE you aren't allowed to have specific "tastes" in women? For example, you can't be more into black women or asian women. If you don't find every race equally attractive you're sexist, if you don't find fat women equally attractive to thin women you're fat shaming and if you find any woman in general sexy you're objectifying them.

If they had it their way, they'd sever every penis on the planet. And they wouldn't worry about reproducing because to them men can give birth, so no worries there.

In that situation? Yes it was a bad knee jerk reaction and I hoped most of the forum learned and grew from it. It opened my eyes up to mental health awareness, but I obviously only speak for myself.

Except it happened literally 2 months later with Alec Holowka, largely from the EXACT SAME people.

His sister, who had been on the side of all the victims of gamergate until then, even insinuated Zoe Quinn lied about her accusations and it opened her eyes to a lot of other double standards her group has with mental illness. But of course she couldn't be explicit because you can't go after "victims" unless they've been excised from the group like Brianna Wu.

Last edited:
I am repeating myself but as a progressive (anti-authority/pro-personal liberties), I really find ResetEra attempt to soften Iran's image fucking disgusting. They are a theocratic regime that kills LGBTQ citizens and imposes legal restraints on women. And they are trying their damndest to overlook that and soften their criticism. They skewer western politcians and policies for a fraction of what Iran does openly and on the daily. Fuck those hypocrites on Era and fuck them for backing the worst of far right fascist regimes.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
I am repeating myself but as a progressive (anti-authority/pro-personal liberties), I really find ResetEra attempt to soften Iran's image fucking disgusting. They are a theocratic regime that kills LGBTQ citizens and imposes legal restraints on women. And they are trying their damndest to overlook that and soften their criticism. They skewer western politcians and policies for a fraction of what Iran does. Fuck those hypocrites on Era and fuck them for backing the worst of far right fascist regimes.
Yep, it’s fucking bullshit. They’ll give Iran a wide berth but if you’re caught eating a Chic-Fil-A sandwich, better get yourself into a fallout shelter.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I am repeating myself but as a progressive (anti-authority/pro-personal liberties), I really find ResetEra attempt to soften Iran's image fucking disgusting. They are a theocratic regime that kills LGBTQ citizens and imposes legal restraints on women. And they are trying their damndest to overlook that and soften their criticism. They skewer western politcians and policies for a fraction of what Iran does openly and on the daily. Fuck those hypocrites on Era and fuck them for backing the worst of far right fascist regimes.

But they recognize trans (nevermind forcing gays to transition or die; let's not talk about that), so they are true progressives!

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

HZkVO2A.png

Last edited:
So I guess on RE you aren't allowed to have specific "tastes" in women? For example, you can't be more into black women or asian women. If you don't find every race equally attractive you're sexist, if you don't find fat women equally attractive to thin women you're fat shaming and if you find any woman in general sexy you're objectifying them.

If they had it their way, they'd sever every penis on the planet. And they wouldn't worry about reproducing because to them men can give birth, so no worries there.

I remember a honeypot thread created a few years ago asking if you would date a transwoman or something like that. I'm sure you can guess how that all went.

MilkyJoe

Wasn't there a joke about the Muslim parents protesting LGBT teaching in schools, and lefties wouldn't know which side to take?

I'd like to take this moment to remind people of the number of lefties that travelled to numerous xxxxxistan countries, to prove there's no Muslim evil, only to turn up raped and beheaded...

TriSuit666

Banned
Wasn't there a joke about the Muslim parents protesting LGBT teaching in schools, and lefties wouldn't know which side to take?

I'd like to take this moment to remind people of the number of lefties that travelled to numerous xxxxxistan countries, to prove there's no Muslim evil, only to turn up raped and beheaded...

No, that actually happened in the UK. They took the side of the teachers, Jess Phillips even going so far as to order the protestors to shut up. Courts also rules against them too.

cryptoadam

Banned

I think a good portion of the active members on ERA are from Iran.

But its basically the enemy of my enemy is my friend. As long as Trump, America, and Israel can look bad Iran killing gays and forcing women to wear hijabs is a small price to pay.

TaySan

Banned
TaySan TaySan You do realize that if this forum was moderated like Resetera you would have been permanently banned already?
For what? I don't think I said anything wrong or attacked anyone. I'm just sharing my personal opinion that just happens to be different than the majority here.

You guys are weird about Era. I'm not a "sleeper agent" I'm just another poster posting in another forum. I'm of the belief that as long as you are not a jerk you won't be in any trouble in Era.

belmarduk

He is, and an awful person in general. He exploits people. I met him in real life, and used to be in his LGBT clique many years ago, you can search through my post history here. My husband is his ex whom was similarly lied to and exploited which is why that toxic relationship came to an end. I was a gullible idiot and stupidly trusted him on numerous occasions, culminating in my lending him money (a classic rookie mistake). He still owes me $1500, and I “have the receipts” as he used to put it, two files named Asshole.jpg and Asshole2.jpg that I have retained in the event he and I ever clashed in the future since we broke all ties.

It’s all posturing horseshit. The pretense of being woke is nothing more than a mask for the shittiness underneath. He’s a manipulative cunt. Anytime I see his posts and anyone else making similar forum commentary, I wonder what the real person is like through that carefully constructed online persona.

What the fuck.. I remember you from old gaygaf. Sorry that happened to you.

Papa

Banned
For what? I don't think I said anything wrong or attacked anyone. I'm just sharing my personal opinion that just happens to be different than the majority here.

You guys are weird about Era. I'm not a "sleeper agent" I'm just another poster posting in another forum. I'm of the belief that as long as you are not a jerk you won't be in any trouble in Era.

Sleeper agent is a meme because we had some troll in here a few months back threatening us and saying the sleeper agents are in place.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

Their criteria for who qualifies as a “jerk” is usually very interesting.

I'm of the belief that as long as you are not a jerk you won't be in any trouble in Era.

By this logic, people that are jerks should be in trouble, which runs contrary to people like Crossing Eden and many others still having an account there.

And do you have anything to say about this post after you praised a guy it referenced?

He is, and an awful person in general. He exploits people. I met him in real life, and used to be in his LGBT clique many years ago, you can search through my post history here. My husband is his ex whom was similarly lied to and exploited which is why that toxic relationship came to an end. I was a gullible idiot and stupidly trusted him on numerous occasions, culminating in my lending him money (a classic rookie mistake). He still owes me $1500, and I “have the receipts” as he used to put it, two files named Asshole.jpg and Asshole2.jpg that I have retained in the event he and I ever clashed in the future since we broke all ties.

It’s all posturing horseshit. The pretense of being woke is nothing more than a mask for the shittiness underneath. He’s a manipulative cunt. Anytime I see his posts and anyone else making similar forum commentary, I wonder what the real person is like through that carefully constructed online persona.

Last edited:

belmarduk

I’ve been banned several times from Era and I’m a gay liberal.. I definitely try not to be a jerk to anyone but I rarely ever post because virtually anything seems bannable. It simply is not fun to participate in a forum when it feels like walking on eggshells.

What is your guys deal with Era anyways? How would you guys feel if Era had a thread on you guys monitoring everything you post. Wouldn't that make you guys uncomfortable? It makes me a little uncomfortable when you have Kiwi Farms, ReseteraTakes, 4chan and others watching us and im sure that puts staff on the edge.
Think of it like a zoo, everyone wants to observe the animals and see what crazy shit they do next. Nothing wrong with being entertained by a horde of crazy people all collected in one place.

TaySan

Banned
By this logic, people that are jerks should be in trouble, which runs contrary to people like Crossing Eden and many others still having an account there.

And do you have anything to say about this post after you praised a guy it referenced?
Well I don't know the guy personally, bit if that's true than yeah he's a fucking asshole. I'm just sharing my personal experience on Era which has been positive for me. Obviously you guys have a different story.

SKM1

You would be banned for "excusing pedophilia, history of similar infractions" or something like that. If this sounds bizarre to you that's how most bans there read.

Papa

Banned
Well I don't know the guy personally, bit if that's true than yeah he's a fucking asshole. I'm just sharing my personal experience on Era which has been positive for me. Obviously you guys have a different story.

Who needs to consider facts and evidence when you have personal truth?

nush

Gold Member

And the rest of the 11000 that don't post here.

kretos

Banned
I'm of the belief that as long as you are not a jerk you won't be in any trouble in Era.

some of the mods there are the worst cunts i've ever seen on any forum, i have seen people getting banned for posting a meme or some pic in a thread because it was a "low effort drive by" or some shit like that, i mean come on it's a gaming forum you expect users to do what engage in a philosophical debates or something

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
What the fuck.. I remember you from old gaygaf. Sorry that happened to you.
Thanks man. I remember you too. I don’t regret what transpired since it led to the relationship I have now and cherish deeply, but yeah. Dude was an asshole and I turned a blind eye to lots of toxic behavior for way too long, which made me an asshole as well.

Being closeted for so long made me open to any kind of friendship at the time. Made for easy prey.

At least you can acknowledge other members that may not be malicious will have different experiences than you. Frankly, I'm glad you're willing to have a discussion at all here, which is more than can be said for many on Era.

That said, I'd be careful if you truly value your Era account. Staff will absolutely put you in their crosshairs over posting on Gaf, though they won't usually ban unless the user in question is shit talking the place. Still, there's a contingent of users and mods alike that think visiting gaf at all should be a bannable offense as it's generating content/clicks for Evilore. Icemonk191 for example is consistently trying to get people that admit to posting on gaf permabanned.

Tay

If you can learn anything from being over here at the very least please use your own thoughts and views and not be another mindless poster that comes over here trying to defend that place as it's not healthy and your gonna get to a point in life and go.....yep maybe a toxic environment is not the best place for me.

I hope you don't think we are attacking you but trying to spin reee in a positive light ain't gonna work here

Regardless of if you believe not being a jerk will keep you safe....it won't and as someone already mentioned you have probably being added to excelsorifs discord hitsquad list and your reee posting profile has probably being looked through for previous infractions .....you will eat a ban very soon

Please have a look around the forums and post in some of the other areas :)

chris121580

You really do sound brainwashed. I got banned from era...you want to know why? I said that I still enjoy playing Mordhau and could separate the art from the artist. Era was accusing the devs of being racist which didn’t end up being true. Reee is garbage and the quicker you realize that, the better off you’ll be

600Breezy

It was in appropriate for the thread, but idk if the ban should have been that harsh. Give him a 3 day ban or something.

honestly I thought when Shy (one of gafs favourites) told you not to visit Gaf anymore, you would have obliged. But seems as if you’ve gone against their wishes.

make sure you‘re now careful of every comment you make on Era. They will dogpile you the moment you give them a chance.

just so we’re completely transparent, I called you a cuck the moment you made that hotwife thread. I don’t know how you avoided a ban for that thread, since being a cuck has racial undertones (apparently).

600Breezy

don’t forget that if you find yourself dating a trans woman (against your will and without prior notification), you are expected to suck the d so you don’t hurt their feelings.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

You should see them going to bat for Maduro.

Ron Mexico

I disagree with all the brainwashed takes.

I think the simple answer is sunken cost fallacy (brainwashed-adjacent? 😂). You spend so much time posting over there that truly taking the criticism to heart would mean the time invested there is at best ill-advised and at worst an absolute waste.

That’s how “if you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine” becomes “I have to keep up with the orthodoxy of this site or else they’ll ban me.” Eventually, you start taking their views as gospel.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Your beliefs are wrong. I think it was just last month when someone got banned because they admitted to liking TV Show ‘The Office.’

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

More like, as long as you are very vocally a jerk towards the "right" people and never express any kind of understanding towards the "wrong" people, you will not get into any trouble.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I don't want to backseat mod but you guys have been fruitlessly dogpiling on Tay as if this were Ree. The guy seems completely inoffensive. If you want to talk politics or whatever maybe DM him or point him to a political thread. Just saying.

Back to Ree, it seems as though their lunacy has dropped off severely in the last 48 hours. Barely anything to make fun of / scratch one's head over. I wonder if the mods finally realized banning people over next to nothing at alarming rates would hurt daddy Ceriums bottom line and had to scale back.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to backseat mod but you guys have been fruitlessly dogpiling on Tay as if this were Ree. The guy seems completely inoffensive. If you want to talk politics or whatever maybe DM him or point him to a political thread. Just saying.

Back to Ree, it seems as though their lunacy has dropped off severely in the last 48 hours. Barely anything to make fun of / scratch one's head over. I wonder if the mods finally realized banning people over next to nothing at alarming rates would hurt daddy Ceriums bottom line and had to scale back.

Eh, he's saying a lot of stuff that people disagree with/want to respond to. A couple have gone a bit overboard with insults and aggression, but it seems relatively chill to me.

When you gonna get an avatar Zef?

I think I had one briefly like 10 years ago, but otherwise I've always been avatar-less. I always feel like I'm making some kind of statement with an avatar and don't want it to affect how people read my posts. Maybe someday, though!

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's been a mostly good back and forth but almost think some of it belongs in a different thread.

It is generally interesting to see 'how the other side thinks', especially since we don't immediately ban them here for thinking that way.

Papa

Banned
Eh, he's saying a lot of stuff that people disagree with/want to respond to. A couple have gone a bit overboard with insults and aggression, but it seems relatively chill to me.

I think I had one briefly like 10 years ago, but otherwise I've always been avatar-less. I always feel like I'm making some kind of statement with an avatar and don't want it to affect how people read my posts. Maybe someday, though!

Letterposters all tend to blend in and get skipped over.

Here, this took me two seconds to find:

420px-210018_01_portrait.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom