• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt could only take so much.

retardera1109-jpg.1095938

Jubenhimer

ResetERA, the infamous forum created after the fallout of the 2017 NeoGAF controversy, comprises of many former GAF loonies who left after the debacle, plus new faces. The Site is notorious for inheriting old-GAF's worst traits. Domination of a far-left echochamber, and using draconian and inconsistent moderation rules to enforce it. They're a joke to nearly anybody who enjoys and plays video games. Yet for reasons that still boggle my mind, many industry workers and insiders still visit that place. And with these inside connections, ResetERA has been conditioned to think that they can control the narrative in the gaming industry.

And in a way, they do. A recent example is Iron Fury changing the direction and attitude of their game due to "homophopic" comments. But why does the industry take ResetERA seriously? Why aren't they looked at as a joke like most regular gamers view them as? I know gaming industry does have sort of a left-leaning bent, but I think even normal liberals agree ResetERA is garbage. So why do many developers even take them seriously at all?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
They don't. Neogaf posters seem to follow resetera too much, it's getting (scratch that, it's already been) ridiculous, every other thread/post is somebody's personal blog, hot take, self fellatio, or resetera spite. Nothing like it used to be with well informed/reasoned/moderated against trolls games talk, at least on the gaming side!

Edit: well that was nice of the mods, this place needs a lot more thread merging when someone decides to post a blog about random shit they could have easily posted in existing threads but they want that self fellatio and community response much more than making a good contribution to the topic/forum to begin with anyway.

Last edited:
The gaming industry and business in general will apologize to anyone making a fuss. And shit websites will write articles centered around outrage from a few tweets with less than a dozen likes.

If you decided right now to gather a dozen people and endlessly piss and moan about something, you will eventually get an apology.

The more people you get in a virtual room that have nothing better to do than whine, the more pressure you can put on a company.

Anyone can do this if you have the people willing to devote their time.

I bet there is a link to nerd culture and desire to be real life heroes/saviors. Probably explains why SWJs are primarily White Males, since nerd culture was and still is.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
They don't. Neogaf posters seem to follow resetera all too much though, it's getting (scratch that, it has already been damn) ridiculous, every other thread/post is somebody's personal blog, hot take, self fellatio, or resetera spite. Nothing like it used to be with well informed/reasoned games talk, at least on the damn gaming side!
I agree, wish these threads were either substantiated complaints or posted somewhere else.

Bryank75

Banned
ResetERA, the infamous forum created after the fallout of the 2017 NeoGAF controversy, comprises of many former GAF loonies who left after the debacle, plus new faces. The Site is notorious for inheriting old-GAF's worst traits. Domination of a far-left echochamber, and using draconian and inconsistent moderation rules to enforce it. They're a joke to nearly anybody who enjoys and plays video games. Yet for reasons that still boggle my mind, many industry workers and insiders still visit that place. And with these inside connections, ResetERA has been conditioned to think that they can control the narrative in the gaming industry.

And in a way, they do. A recent example is Iron Fury changing the direction and attitude of their game due to "homophopic" comments. But why does the industry take ResetERA seriously? Why aren't they looked at as a joke like most regular gamers view them as? I know gaming industry does have sort of a left-leaning bent, but I think even normal liberals agree ResetERA is garbage. So why do many developers even take them seriously at all?
Even though they know nothing, the pathetic gaming press keep referencing them. So they get free publicity even though we have more and better insiders and more diverse and insightful commentary.

BigBooper

Mostly, the people you are talking about are based on the west coast which is Wacko Prime. They are also part of that crowd.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Reeeeee has the most users plain and simple.

And where's there's people, companies and employee sucks ups follow.

The point is if gaming employees join the board and interact with users, the company looks good and hopefully more people buy their games. And the people willing to be verified are usually employees skewing to the higher ranks, since every company doesn't want a free for all of every employees chiming in because its risks saying something dumb.

My company (non-gaming) is the same. They tell all employees to not get on social media and represent the company. Instead let the marketing department handle it all. Even if you mean well, if you say something stupid, it might ruin something. They don't want a junior analyst trying to save the company by being the mouthpiece. So if someone chimes in, it'll be a high ranking marketing person or product manager who will respond.

The funny thing is virtually all posts by industry people regarding games they aren't going to tell you secret info anyway, so what's usually left are vague responses about games and safe political views that conform to the board. And since Reeee is a left wing board, they don't want to ruffle feathers, so any of them willing to give political views will skew left too.

Now if that was a rifle association board, and some gun maker employees were verified as users, I bet any money every one of them would conform to right wing views saying guns are good. And for those employees that are left wing and don't like guns or Trump, they'd all keep their mouths shut.

Last edited:
Matt could only take so much.

retardera1109-jpg.1095938
Wow, there are so many ignorant thing in this post, this guy "Jexhius" don't care about history or fact. He cares about being a contrarian all the way. The first poster got a member of his family killed and he has the balls to say : No that guy didn't killed a member of your family because on his CV it says external affair! He must be like 17 and discovered rethoric.

JordanN

Banned
Mostly, the people you are talking about are based on the west coast which is Wacko Prime. They are also part of that crowd.
This.

No Japanese or Asian developers cares about them. European developers like Kingdom Come: Deliverance also tell them to piss off.

It's America's Asshole (California) that seems to get on their knees and kiss SJW feet for some reason.

Last edited:
So many posters with huge post counts and community resetters banned lately.

Bdubs or whatever is definitely trying to prove he's the boss by mixing things up. It will be interesting to see how it changes some of the dynamics. I haven't seen anything too crazy yet.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Was out of town for a day. What did I miss? What did Matt do where's he's not admitting defeat?

He started banning people who disagreed with him. I am also out of town for work dialing back into home to grab some files so I can't recall it all, so sorry for the slow responses, but just check out the new threads.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Surprises me, too. The amount of anti-semitism over there is quite pronounced (or was, at least).
No gaming industry people will combat this, like some normal users who may get into political battles.

Reeee is so heavy left wing, if you go against this, the majority of users will revolt and bash the company. The best bet in these situations is that some mods do crowd control and rectify any anti-group messages.

However, some groups (typically whites, straight people, Jews, right wing) are free game to bash.

Given how freely this happens, it comes down to two things in moderation:

1. All mods hired are heavy left wing

2. For those mods who are centre or right have no choice but to keep silent or else users will bash them, and it's hypocritical to have one because if normal users get banned for right wing views, a right wing mod should too

Last edited:
They are arguably the biggest gaming forum, and the one with most activity.

Plus, being a hivemind sort of place its easier to spread the marketing and gain significant sales out of sheer kudos/political/agenda support.

Its as simple, and as sad, as that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
By the way, people are waking up to how horrible Resetera is, and apparently that's the only way to get Developers to distance themselves from it.

Like this tweet made the other day by Bluepoint Games that has since been deleted.

wlQMibD.png
What was the meaning of Bluepoint's Stay Hungry post?

Was the board bashing Bluepoint for something and BP decided to respond back?

I disagree with all the brainwashed takes.

I think the simple answer is sunken cost fallacy (brainwashed-adjacent? 😂). You spend so much time posting over there that truly taking the criticism to heart would mean the time invested there is at best ill-advised and at worst an absolute waste.

That’s how “if you don’t act like an asshole you’ll be fine” becomes “I have to keep up with the orthodoxy of this site or else they’ll ban me.” Eventually, you start taking their views as gospel.
Uhhh, isn't that the literal definition of brainwashing?

TaySan

Banned
honestly I thought when Shy (one of gafs favourites) told you not to visit Gaf anymore, you would have obliged. But seems as if you’ve gone against their wishes.

make sure you‘re now careful of every comment you make on Era. They will dogpile you the moment you give them a chance.

just so we’re completely transparent, I called you a cuck the moment you made that hotwife thread. I don’t know how you avoided a ban for that thread, since being a cuck has racial undertones (apparently).
Isn't Shy banned anyways?

Cuckolding and Hotwifing are two different things it doesn't have to be racial, but that's for a seperate topic. lol I thought that thread was for the most part reasonable for discussion for a subject regular people not into that fetish/kink would understand.

Anyways i think it's best for me to peace out of here and stay in off topic. Thanks for letting me post here. :)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Glad my Jewish ass will never come within inches of that place.

The anti-semitism on the left worries me a hell of a lot more than the right, at least in the U.S. here.
Never understood anyone being anti-Jew.

I don't know many, but every one I've known (personal friend or boss) are fine. No different than any other friend or manager I've had.

Where's all the big nose, money hoarding Jewish people trying to rip you off? I've never seen it.

I think the problem Jewish people have with anti-Semites is numbers. There aren't too many of you compared to other groups of people. Google says the US has about 6 million. So only about 2% of the population. And globally only about 14 million, which is about 0.2%.

Sorry to say this man, but the numbers game will always be a roadblock.

Making it worse, Jews are stereotyped to be filthy rich. And poor people don't like rich people. So that's another reason why Jews get bashed.

That's life. Nothing you can do about it except just keep living life to it's fullest and let all the losers who are idiots with dumb as rocks family trees be jealous.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

This.

No Japanese or Asian developers cares about them. European developers like Kingdom Come: Deliverance also tell them to piss off.

It's America's Asshole (California) that seems to get on their knees and kiss SJW feet for some reason.

Yeah, a good chunk of the American Gaming industry seems to gravitate to ResetERA. I don't know why other than the obvious, but I wish a more sane forum came around for industry insiders to latch onto.

I mean, on the surface, REEE seems to check all the popular social standards for American companies. It's when you dig in and actually read any in depth posts that you realize how batshit insane they can be. Doubtful many places do any in depth research though.

I bet most of the developers have an employee who loves it there (Stinkles), and vouches for the place.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
What was the meaning of Bluepoint's Stay Hungry post?

Was the board bashing Bluepoint for something and BP decided to respond back?
I really am only guessing, but:

- I think there original tweet was simply referencing people on the internet (e.g. REEE) speculating about what Bluepoint is working on. A harmless tease.

- Their tweet got flooded with responses explaining that REEE is the arsehole of the internet. Full of nutjobs, calls for violence etc. They also referenced the pedo Discord.

- Bluepoint deleted their tweet after this and basically had a thatsenoughinternetfortoday.gif moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom