• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If supporting Bernie is going to be a bannable offense again like in 2016 here then there won't be enough popcorn in Earth for this election cycle. Especially if he manages to win the nomination because at that point his opponent will be Trump. No matter who wins, Ree loses.

I think it'll all come down to which side the mod/admin team falls on (since as-of-yet they cannot remain unbiased). *IF* and it's a big *IF*, Bdubs keeps them semi-impartial, it would be interesting to watch, since they'd just pick off the posters that got too out of line one way or another. Doubt it'd cause a meltdown though. However, if they do clearly pick a side and/or declare Bernie or someone else problematic.. whew, lads. Watch the fireworks. I actually think they could get away with officially labeling Biden problematic, and most of them would go along with it. Would be fun to watch them twist and spin if he wins the primaries though.

The biggest thing that makes REEE, well, REEE is that they force their opinion with no room for rational discussion. I don't see them changing this anytime soon. Too many prominent members feel that seeing "offensive" posts is like literal murder.

Yeah, they've increased. As have the "Can we all agree on (thing)?" threads which is a clear signal of how much people love debate there.

I also love the abundance of "Is (thing) the greatest/ most (adjective) ever/of the last decade?". From people who are on average in their 20s and regularly show they don't know a lot of basic culture and media stuff, that's hilarious.

I think the last poll they did had the age group actually skewing into the mid-30's or something crazy. Mental age is much closer to 12 though.

Jubenhimer

HeoeOUK.png

0FwzyYZ.png

LOL.

Jubenhimer

lmao. Just goes to show that the site panders to the loudest 9%. I’ve got no doubt there’s some decent people on there who just can’t be bothered with debating the retards.
ResetERA has a complete lack of self-awareness. I don't think even the mods realize just how much of a joke they are to most normal people. If they do, then they sure do like to actively deny it.

Last edited:
lmao. Just goes to show that the site panders to the loudest 9%. I’ve got no doubt there’s some decent people on there who just can’t be bothered with debating the retards.

If you stick to certain threads and generally are able to roll-your-eyes at some points, it's been a tolerable place for a couple years. I feel like that "safe space" is shrinking though, as the usual suspects are coming into each and every thread LOOKING for reasons to report people.

Eventually the normies get a taste of what the real undercurrent of the site is like, and I often wonder if they stop visiting, or get banned, or both?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
ResetERA has a complete lack of self-awareness. I don't think even the mods realize just how much of a joke they are to most normal people. If they do, then they sure do like to actively deny it.

Just wait until they ban every poster who voted no.

6 months from now, I wouldn't be surprised if most of them catch a perm.

KF (?) Troll caught, tried, executed!

Prof. Booty said:
Everyday I listen to Rogan and have to fight the urge to go full Nazi. It's a struggle admittedly, hes so damn convincing.
"Have you ever thought about the problems in the Weimar Republic...on DMT?!?"
LOL

In all seriousness, I'm an adult and can consume any and all media and not have to worry about it changing my opinion and or moral standings.
I can find the humor in dark, offensive comedy and listen and/or discuss ideas and/or topics I disagree without losing my shit. If I force feed myself 'good think's and surround myself with only those ideas day in and day out...I'd want to eat a bullet. I like to be challenged, I like to confront ugly head on.

Prof. Booty said:
They should just make it so every voter has to nominate 1 person from every demographic.
Like, actor should be..One white guy, one black guy, one Latin guy, one Asian guy etc.
Then move onto to sexual orientation next.
Might be like 25 nominees per category but at least it allows for diveristy.

Repeat this for each category.

He had some other good ones in the past couple of weeks, I kind of figured he was a troll. What's funny is really neither of the above two posts is wrong, or even ban-worthy in a rational world.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
KF (?) Troll caught, tried, executed!

He had some other good ones in the past couple of weeks, I kind of figured he was a troll. What's funny is really neither of the above two posts is wrong, or even ban-worthy in a rational world.

obrldCU.jpg

Hy9QQ0U.jpg

tKELA0a.jpg

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I liked that guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Kagey K

Banned
The users really are clueless as to where they are and who they brought with them.

El-Pistolero said:
This arrogant Sony thing should be bannable at this point, really...
This isn't another board, (I won't name) go back to that one if you want those kinds of actions.

Last edited:
S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
At least they wont reproduce!

Do you think they get the consent of their keyboards before touching them??

@residentgrigo GAF's full of relatively normal internet/gaming nerds, and my moderation policies are aimed at allowing reasonable mainstream left/center/right positions (including debates on both sides of the GG fence as far as gaming politics go), discouraging extremism, and keeping discussions civil.

Reported for extreme balancedness

Handel

The mods have been surprisingly decent in the REE threads on the Iran issue, minus Nepenthe of course. Which of course is causing the the masses to revolt and demand to put mods on ignore. Man if only I could of had Nepenthe and Morrigan on ignore there before I got perm'd.

Dynheart04

Neo Member

Wow...that thread...wow. It's like their lives are not complete unless they can critique (more like lambaste to the nth degree) female anatomy, skin color and diversity, gender choices by the developers, and real world politics that aren't applied to current gaming media (I think they use the term "tone deaf"). Not to mention the assumption that if people moderate the progressive voice out of gaming forums (because they have their own version of what gaming discussion is), everyone is alt-right! Yay!!

They have Resetera, a highly influential forum, unfortunately, to communicate their displeasure. Not every damn forum needs to be another Resetera....help us all if that happens. I get there is a place for those topics (because they are serious and important topics), but damn, not every topic/forum needs to be all serious and shit. Over at Resetera, you can't even talk about Smash and how fun it is without diversity and sexism being brought up. It's eff'in Mario (a bastion of cultural appropriation, apparently)!
Some people just want to express that killing aliens in X game was/is fun without a thread hijack about the main character not being a PoC or something. So what PCgamer did was a good thing, I think. It's at least offering different community options out there. However, something tells me they'll buckle under media/twitter (Resetera?) pressure at some point and either loosen the grip on the restrictions, or close it all together.

The Fireman

Neo Member
Jeepers.

I can't stop laughing. I think I get the real hilarity.

Bullet Club

*Thread Locked*

No talking about video games on this video game forum!

600Breezy

Jeepers.

I can't stop laughing. I think I get the real hilarity.

Is...Nepnethe a furry? Did I read this right? Surely not, it must be late and I’m tired.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Btw, which movie is this from? It looks familiar but I can't find it

Just when he shoots the guy

edit:at 4:05

Rules of Engagement !

Edit: sorry didn't see it was already answered when i skimmed the page.

Last edited:
Reactions: eot
Something has to go terribly, terribly wrong in your upbringing to end up like that, becoming a ResetEra mod and all. Being a furry is pretty fucked too

Saruhashi

Banned
Jokes on you dude! She's in on the joke. Acting like a retard is cool if you're just pretending.

Right, all us dumb dumbs who don't get the joke as they spend hundreds, maybe even thousands, of bucks to ironically participate in this community.
I somehow doubt these people are dropping money on those suits and commissioning art and paying for transport to and from these events as some kind of "hilarious" joke on the rest of us.

It would be like buying an XBox and then buying all the XBox exclusives and going to E3 to cheer at the announcements at the conference etc but, haha, the joke is one everyone else cos I am just pretending to like XBox! :)

OK. Seems like an expensive endeavor with little to no pay-off.

Exactly. They probably read Chuck Wendig books too.

I imagine Rose Tico is a hero over there
I aint a Star Wars fan, don’t know shit about it but from reading bits and pieces of things regarding the last jedi it seems Rose, being an asian female, was given a ton of screen time despite being an awful character, likely because during production and release of the movie we were at or nearing peak SJW nonsense, and Rian Johnson chose to side with the losers, queers and retards and gave them some of that “representation” they were asking for so badly. Wouldn’t be surprised if the male characters were made to look weaker than her either.

MilkyJoe

I aint a Star Wars fan, don’t know shit about it but from reading bits and pieces of things regarding the last jedi it seems Rose, being an asian female, was given a ton of screen time despite being an awful character, likely because during production and release of the movie we were at or nearing peak SJW nonsense, and Rian Johnson chose to side with the losers, queers and retards and gave them some of that “representation” they were asking for so badly. Wouldn’t be surprised if the male characters were made to look weaker than her either.

All the male characters in TLJ were made to look like fools, cowards, evil or inept.Rian Johnson probably got pegged silly by Kathleen Kennedy and her Story Group. What a little bitch

Kev Kev

ok im not on board with most sjw shit either but punching down by calling people losers, queers and retards is a bit low. maybe have a bit more class than that? and rose was fine. she was just another character that helped move finn's story along. and they barely had her in rise of skywalker. there are people on both sides of the argument who freak out. there was no agenda, they just made movies that not everyone loved. i happen to like all of them and dont see what the crying is all about 🤷‍♂️ there fucking nerd, space, laser sword movies, i dont give a shit about all this other controversy or if they werent the next best film ever made. they were worth the $10 i paid to see it and im happy about that.

This user has been removed from the thread. Dial it back on what is in the very thread title itself.
ok im not on board with most sjw shit either but punching down by calling people losers, queers and retards is a bit low. maybe have a bit more class than that? and rose was fine. she was just another character that helped move finn's story along. and they barely had her in rise of skywalker. there are people on both sides of the argument who freak out. there was no agenda, they just made movies that not everyone loved. i happen to like all of them and dont see what the crying is all about 🤷‍♂️ there fucking nerd, space, laser sword movies, i dont give a shit about all this other controversy or if they werent the next best film ever made. they were worth the $10 i paid to see it and im happy about that.
You’re literally an SJW with this shit bruh. I’ll say what I want, thanks

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The hero worship for Rose is strange to me. Her character wasn't good and the movie itself wasn't a good star wars movie. I guess it's just because she's a minority female? As if there haven't been good minority females in movies before? I guess they just kind of identity with her because of the online harassment she received and they love to be white knights. So many Rose avatars over there and I guarantee you they're all white straight guys trying to show virtue.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The hero worship for Rose is strange to me. Her character wasn't good and the movie itself wasn't a good star wars movie. I guess it's just because she's a minority female?
That and she spends the entire film talking down to Finn and explaining justice to him. It feeds their inherent racism (Finn has no autonomy of his own he needs women to teach him the way) and it gives them an infallible onscreen avatar for their SJW flailings. Simply by virtue of her POC casting any and all criticism can be disregarded as racism. She is basically the shield for the movie.

Rian Johnson is their ideal person, a woke rich white man who produces content that pats other woke white people on the head for being woke

his last movie is about a evil rich family who loses their house to their Latina maid. that should explain everything really

dude is rich white virtue signaler supreme.

Last edited:

wvnative

This is a bit different, and really not a huge deal, but the OP here is asking Soda ERA (People on ERA who drink soda) to say how many cans they get in a day...

And the vast majority don't drink it, like, wtf, this topic wasn't for non-soda drinkers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom