• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saruhashi

Banned
If the rotten elements of resetera grew some balls and left their house.

Also - Stolen from reddit.

Edit. Not sure why it didn't upload
rqscvPa.png

If it's true that this person genuinely thought you can go into a store and just take a backpack full of stuff and then leave then that's just sad.
That they also seem to think that everyone else is in the wrong, and that being misgendered is the biggest problem here, is also deeply worrying.

I hope it's just someone trolling.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
You’re literally an SJW with this shit bruh. I’ll say what I want, thanks

Having a sense of respect for individuals separate from their ideas is part of being a grownup. You’re performing the same exercise as Era cultists, who think everyone who breaks from their mold is a nazi white supremacist, racist, misogynist, but in reverse. It’s dumb. I’ve got a brother who’s far more conservative than I am who loves TLJ. His opinion is obviously wrong for anyone with taste in movies, but he’s not a “loser retard queer.”

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
BossAttack

10 minutes ago
Winny(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و said:
Are we really doing the stupid thing where we claim you aren’t a real fan if you didn’t like it?
Nah, the quotes indicate the idea that TLJ is divisive amongst real "fans." Thus, you can't use positive critical or audience scores since those aren't "fans," the only fans are those that believe TLJ is bad or divisive. You can be a fan and not like TLJ, it's not a perfect film. But, that doesn't mean you represent the majority of fandom.
when the Rian Johnson Oscar thread turns into people calling others "fans" with scare quotes.

love his bullshit walking back the statement he just made. he wasn't calling TLJ dislikers fake fans by using scare quotes! he was imitating a jackass who would use scare quotes! totally different.

i mean, we all know how often people that didn't like TLJ call those who did "not real fans". it happens like all the time - in BossAttacks brain!

it's like watching a strawman get built in real time.

Last edited:

Can someone be a Trump supporter and still be a good person? The mod puts the final word in before closing the thread, and the answer is "No."

Good to know what the tone is going forward.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Can someone be a Trump supporter and still be a good person? The mod puts the final word in before closing the thread, and the answer is "No."

That mod might be clairvoyant! You don't know. He knows the mindest all of the 48 million who voted for Trump!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Hahaha I fucking hate those toolbags.
In all seriousness that mindset pisses me off to no end. My father voted for Trump. My father was a damn good man. Damn good. Not a perfect human by any means but he didn't have a bigoted bone in his body. So when I see such huge blanket generalizations based on nothing but feelings I see red. Fuck anyone who thinks that way.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In all seriousness that mindset pisses me off to no end. My father voted for Trump. My father was a damn good man. Damn good. Not a perfect human by any means but he didn't have a bigoted bone in his body. So when I see such huge blanket generalizations based on nothing but feelings I see red. Fuck anyone who thinks that way.

If you believe yourself to be a paragon of justice fighting for what's good in the world, anyone on the other side is irredeeemable evil.

Religious zealots have thrived on that narrative for centuries.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
my parents both voted for Obama and they both voted Trump. dad lives in a mountain town in the south that is 25% Hispanic and he gets along really well. my mom went to a lesbian wedding a few years ago. both are pretty normal people, they have issues, but they aren't evil incarnate.

most of the jackasses you see on the internet don't live in the US and it's apparent that the only thing they know about America is what they see on the TV. news media is responsible for forming 100% of their brain's impression of the USA. these people don't live here, they don't matter IMO.

on top of that, you have these leftist progressives all over the world now chiming in on every single topic. living in countries that are more left than America. this is why the leftist online critique is so extreme, you have every progressive in the world trying to out-progressive one another. they all have these ideas of right and wrong based on their own (more progressive relative to the US) countries. so it's like the opposite of being graded on a curve. every single political story in the US has to be judged by the progressive standards of every other country in the world, who are all in little ego competitions to out-progress one another.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

It's sad that they insist on being virtuous by calling anybody who disagrees with them an alt-right bigot. REE seriously has a Saturday Morning Cartoon-like view of the world, where they're always the good guys who win, and the ones who they deem as bad guys are irredemable nazis. A complete lack of nuance.

This is a good one. The 'No, never!' total is almost equal to the 'already had some' and 'someday' combined.

You get all the usual excuses in there, from immediately climate change, they destroy lives, etc. Always reassuring seeing how many of them won't reproduce and spread their idiocy to another generation.

It'd be fun to do a cross examination of the batshit insane posters and the 'Never Kids!' group. I'd guess it'd be close to 90%.

tkscz

This is a good one. The 'No, never!' total is almost equal to the 'already had some' and 'someday' combined.

You get all the usual excuses in there, from immediately climate change, they destroy lives, etc. Always reassuring seeing how many of them won't reproduce and spread their idiocy to another generation.

It'd be fun to do a cross examination of the batshit insane posters and the 'Never Kids!' group. I'd guess it'd be close to 90%.

Glad to hear they won't reproduce and create more REEEEs

nush

Gold Member
Just been sent this by a contact, Seems that stealth off the record ban extensions are a thing now.

"My resetera ban got extended by two weeks with no notice, other than a note saying “you have a long history of generalizing this era community and the next time you do it, or engage in behavior that attacks or generalizes the ResetEra community in any way, your account will be permanently banned”.(edited)
So uhhhhh no criticizing ResetEra anymore I guess
Lol 2 week ban wasn’t enough I guess so I get a month for... posting something that’s true."

Fucking snowflakes, gotta protect the bubble at all costs.

holygeesus

Banned
It will be interesting to hear how era reacts to the recent Stephen King comments in regard diversity in the Oscars. I mean, he is right, you nominate those who have produced the best work, in that category, regardless of their skin colour. I can't see that sitting well with our friends over there, and it will be interesting to see the reaction to their 'comrade's' views.

Just been sent this by a contact, Seems that stealth off the record ban extensions are a thing now.

"My resetera ban got extended by two weeks with no notice, other than a note saying “you have a long history of generalizing this era community and the next time you do it, or engage in behavior that attacks or generalizes the ResetEra community in any way, your account will be permanently banned”.(edited)
So uhhhhh no criticizing ResetEra anymore I guess
Lol 2 week ban wasn’t enough I guess so I get a month for... posting something that’s true."

Fucking snowflakes, gotta protect the bubble at all costs.
You have just been upgraded incoming

This also popped up.on.a random feed...funny how some could see this happening .......this was back in 2017

ALesHas.png

600Breezy

some of the responses in this thread lmao

if you’re a man, and you explain something to a woman, it’s called mansplaining.
If you’re a woman, and you explain something to a man....well it’s usually wrong 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Leprech

Dossier, russia collusion, Jussie Smollete , kavanaugh, WW3 TWICE rocketman & Iran, Ukraine, obstruction, bribery etc
What kinda illness do these people have that they think they are the "good ones" compared to trump supporters lol?
I mean they gladly swallowed every obvious lie, fakenews and half truth thrown their way as long as it is anti trump and with that insanity they got borderline every single big or perceived big political incident over the last 3 years wrong.
Hell most of them probably only "learned" to hate Trump because of the lies they choose to believe, King among them the russia collusion conspiracy that they now know was bullshit.
But i get it people are not robots and if you have hate nourished and build up by lies for 3years... well doesn't make a difference now if they know they have been lied to.. they cant just shut off their feels.
Also on a more funny note its interesting how they now suddenly see the bullshit, half truths and media narratives when Bernie just for once, only ONCE gets treated the same as Trump has been treated for his entire first term and Bernie didnt even get it for 3 years on a global scale pushed by every media outlet... nope just once for one day lol.
A bit bewildering how these people expose themselves going from 3 years of "fuck orange hitler russian puppet sex pest racist grumpf!!!" to "n..no..! bernie didnt say women cant be president! dont LIE!!! HOW DARE YOU?!? Why is the media suddenly lying?!".
I mean for fucks sake have some introspection

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned

LOL!! Kind of reminds me of a lot of the reddit posts I see that by default all republicans are racist because they support Trump. All of them. Good to see they are level headed about things.

I've noticed that somehow general stereotyping has completely become fine to do. Maybe it's been a while but 10-15 years ago or something if you stereotyped people jumped down your throat for it, now it's 100% fine to do in reference to Trump supporters, republicans, etc. They are ALL racist, bigots, phobes and horrible people.

Last edited:

Bigrx1

Banned
It's sad that they insist on being virtuous by calling anybody who disagrees with them an alt-right bigot. REE seriously has a Saturday Morning Cartoon-like view of the world, where they're always the good guys who win, and the ones who they deem as bad guys are irredemable nazis. A complete lack of nuance.

This is also what validates their destruction of other people's lives via their online mobs and so forth - because they have collectively agreed the other person is worthless/shit, therefore it's fine and even good to kill them off. Same as any extremist religion in that regard really.

Last edited:
Can't wait for 4 people to DDOS the site on October 31st and call it dead.
Im pretty sure its the same guy/preferred pronoun that keeps coming back but they never seem to get to a status that lets them start a thread
if your reading this mr hidden agent you still have not found my Ree troll account and if i were any deeper embedded into the narrative of that site i would be sitting down when i pee and sweating Zoloft while i get mad at straight white male gamers

qlpyCBU.png

You gotta really bump up that count before you post....try and get to at least the stage where you can post a thread like i have on ree many times..im sure you will have some entertaining ideas for a thread but you have not reached your potential
i will give you some advice..try and think of the most retarded idea for a thread on reee and then post it ....but with a twist

some winners
PCGamer opened a forum that prohibits users from talking about guns, religion, sexuality, abortion, politics, economics (up: policy taken down)

and some uncut jems...i thought about starting a thread about a business trip to iran with a mullet but that might of been to obvious
Dont Visit Iran if you have a Bad Haircut

Please be original and come back with something thats funny.

nush

Gold Member
Im pretty sure its the same guy/preferred pronoun that keeps coming back but they never seem to get to a status that lets them start a thread
if your reading this mr hidden agent you still have not found my Ree troll account and if i were any deeper embedded into the narrative of that site i would be sitting down when i pee and sweating Zoloft while i get mad at straight white male gamers

qlpyCBU.png

You gotta really bump up that count before you post....try and get to at least the stage where you can post a thread like i have on ree many times..im sure you will have some entertaining ideas for a thread but you have not reached your potential
i will give you some advice..try and think of the most retarded idea for a thread on reee and then post it ....but with a twist

some winners
PCGamer opened a forum that prohibits users from talking about guns, religion, sexuality, abortion, politics, economics (up: policy taken down)

and some uncut jems...i thought about starting a thread about a business trip to iran with a mullet but that might of been to obvious
Dont Visit Iran if you have a Bad Haircut

Please be original and come back with something thats funny.

You're missing the actual truth, he's already banned from Ree. This is all he's got now, safeposting until a limp dick Gotcha!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
lot of people going all in calling Bernie supporters cultists today. its like the #1 ad hominem to use!

interestingly, not seeing anyone accuse Warren supporters of similar behavior

Last edited:

accel

lot of people going all in calling Bernie supporters cultists today. its like the #1 ad hominem to use!

interestingly, not seeing anyone accuse Warren supporters of similar behavior

Wait for when Buttigieg accuses Warren of saying that the America is not ready for a homosexual president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom