• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Man I miss Jack Tretton and GameTrailers so much

Those were the days my dude... I am so glad Gametrailers was resurrected via EasyAllies, but I do really miss the Gametrailers video review format, their forums, and all the exclusive shows like PachAttack, Hey Ash, and those Nathan Barnett videos. Got the feels man! It's awesome :)

demigod

Someone got a warning for this.....

upinsmoke
49 minutes ago
User Warned: Trolling / Antagonizing other users
Haha alot of Jaffe hate and questioning his credibility. Hes just a fan now like the rest of us but I assume he has more experience and knowledge in the business than 99 percent on here. Also the guy made god of war. Anyone made anything like that here among the bitchy posters?

What....?!?

That's why he got a warning, there have been worse bans than this.

Someone got a warning for this.....

upinsmoke
49 minutes ago
User Warned: Trolling / Antagonizing other users
Haha alot of Jaffe hate and questioning his credibility. Hes just a fan now like the rest of us but I assume he has more experience and knowledge in the business than 99 percent on here. Also the guy made god of war. Anyone made anything like that here among the bitchy posters?

What....?!?

No humour or jokes are allowed on Resetera, total seriousness from everyone is compulsory. That site really is a piece of work. You can get banned for farting.

TheContact

Those were the days my dude... I am so glad Gametrailers was resurrected via EasyAllies, but I do really miss the Gametrailers video review format, their forums, and all the exclusive shows like PachAttack, Hey Ash, and those Nathan Barnett videos. Got the feels man! It's awesome :)

Same. Very glad EasyAllies exists. I still re-watch GT's Retrospective series, their PopFiction series and it's how I got introduced to AVGN during his golden years. It's a shame what happened to that site because under better management it would still be here today.

Dabaus

Banned
It looks like its going to tear that place apart. "Toxic, ablest" jaffe may have leaked information that they cant resist (HA!) talking about. I dont want to backseat mod here but i hope Mods have a plan in place that, should a mass exodus of these creatures set up accounts here, that their self loathing, cancel culture, anti reality, anti gaming agenda will be shut down real quick. I would like to think most of the actual posters there are just gamers who want to talk about gaming and not an agenda.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
if REEE hates you

You are doing well in life.
What Jaffe needs to do, is try to get on Collin Moriarty level.
Banning all discussion about him in their bubble.

1553677260902.jpg

keep it up Jaffe

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

ERA is really just actual garbage, and we all know this. We shouldn't act surprised. I don't know if I can go through much of that thread cause it's full of shallow troglodytes shitting on a talented man (David Jaffe) that has more of a reputation than they'll ever have in their entire life. Absolutely disgusting to see them try to drag him and his name through the mud.

Edit: Provided some context as this comment was migrated. :D

Last edited:

Meowzers

Hoping for an epic reveal. Anything over 2 hours would be perfect.

Only concerns are that with next gen reveals is that a lot of video quality from streams will get lost in translation. Most people viewing will be watching at 1080p or lower without HDR.

I finally subscribed to Joe Rogan. I am curious what all the fuss is about with this guy because Resetera makes him sound like such a horrible person.

I just remember him as the News Radio guy.
Most of his podcast episodes are just him shooting the shit with longtime friends. He also dedicates a significant number of episodes to MMA (duh). But he has had an amazing group of unique guests, including 3 Democratic Presidential candidates (Bernie Sanders, Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard), Mike Tyson, Edward Snowden, Elon Musk, Neil Degrasse Tyson, John Carmack, and recently Robert Downey Jr.

Anyone Ree hates is by definition at least interesting, but in this case Rogan is a genuinely good interviewer who lets his guests talk instead of constantly interrupting or commenting.

Enjay

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if this idiot (jaffe) is trolling for his stream

EDIT- Wtf that resetera thread is tepid as fuck toward jaffe what is everyone talking about?

Last edited:

Jezbollah

The Joe Rogan podcast is amazing. Burnt many, many what would be boring and lonely commutes literally across my country lisening to him and his guests.

As it is, if Rogan's content is banned, how comes UFC pay per view threads are still allowed?

spectyre

So I was trying to remember what the "Jaffee trigger" was. Jaffe had the audacity to believe that Milo Yiannopoulos, and people like him, should be allowed to have speaking engagements and not be shut down by an angry mob. He said that behavior is bad for our country.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This is golden.

6dFkszb.png

Link

STAFF POST!

"Arguing and discussing opposing viewpoints is an integral part of having a healthy discussion" - ColdSun, Admin, REEEra

YOU DON'T FUCKING SAY, WELL I'LL BE!

Maybe they should try their own advice.
"Videogame forum"

You can pick anyone from the GAF Politics board and I can get along fine on the Gaming side as long as we leave our respective political disagreements out of it. This isn't a novel or particularly special standpoint to hold, it used to be the standard across the internet among polite individuals.

To think that they can't tolerate (lol) even the presence of these ideas shows how fragile they are. Issa cult.

Enjay

Banned
So I was trying to remember what the "Jaffee trigger" was. Jaffe had the audacity to believe that Milo Yiannopoulos, and people like him, should be allowed to have speaking engagements and not be shut down by an angry mob. He said that behavior is bad for our country.
Yeah well he must have sold that belief out for his audience as he's very much a cancel culturer.

MiguelItUp

For a split second I was like, "HUH?!" But then realized what was done. I appreciate it all being moved to one thread. We don't need more than one thread talking about how awful Era is. It's been no surprise ever since its existence.

this guy getting so many props for sticking it to evil religious people

he gets a new job, his boss invites him over for dinner at his house, and this jackass can't handle some basic religious talk, ends up ghosting his boss in a completely unprofessional manner.

LOL thinking you are above religious people because you are a backstabbing judgey prick.

but yeah fuck his boss for INVITING HIM INTO HIS HOUSE AND CARING FOR HIM. like, what a jerk, right?

Gotta love the whole "yeah I just never called back to tell I quit". Ah yes, a completely mature and rational response, what was so hard with "eh I keep my religion stuff to myself sir, so are we going to frame a house or what?" type response. How do these people function in society? Also, lol at the one dude "I'm so sorry you had to go through that OP" like the guy just survived the storming the beaches of Normandy or something.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Watch his streams often enough, he stated on various occasions that he still speaks to Shannon and loads of people that still work at PlayStation. Great guy... pity he likes gamespass but we all have our faults.
And yet it hilarious how people think he isn't connected lol. I mean just because you don't like someone due to something they said or personality doesn't discredit the sources he has

Mihos

Gold Member
Did any women ask for this?

For fucks sake......

JHuT5Jv.jpg

Last edited:
The people in this thread are clinically insane, I honestly feel bad for them.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Gotta love the whole "yeah I just never called back to tell I quit". Ah yes, a completely mature and rational response, what was so hard with "eh I keep my religion stuff to myself sir, so are we going to frame a house or what?" type response. How do these people function in society? Also, lol at the one dude "I'm so sorry you had to go through that OP" like the guy just survived the storming the beaches of Normandy or something.
he's walking away thinking "man this religious guy is so intolerant".

meanwhile this person who invited him to dinner in their home, he's going to just ditch him, end a business relationship because he is unable to handle someone's religious views, then complain to strangers on the internet about it.

it's just so funny that they think all this makes them better than the religious guy. he probably thinks he's more tolerant. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
No need to feel anxiety, no one's cancelling him even (though his lack of talent had him cancelled from the industry) just pointing out he's about as credible as Gabe.
"Anxiety" lol, I was poking fun at the hypocrisy of you trying to admonish a person because he's, allegedly, a "cancel culturer".
As for talent, reality check: the man has accomplished more in his career than you'll do in your whole life. Give the hate boner a rest, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom