• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooxed

Gold Member
It's even more patherptic, the guy has only just started university so it probably only 20. I've seen this pity party play before from incels, count the day you were shot out ya mams chuff as total time you've been single for extra hugbox and validation.

Oh yeah wasn’t he the guy claiming to look like Quasimodo or some nonsense.

nush

Gold Member
soo looks like someone is working on invite only threads lol. I don't know what this entails but either it's completely private threads that you cannot even look without being invited or reply locked threads. either way can't wait to see this become a insanely poor decision on their part.

So basically Discord, except you could get banned by the mods or everyone invited just agrees with each other?

Do it farnsgoths.

nush

Gold Member
Oh yeah wasn’t he the guy claiming to look like Quasimodo or some nonsense.
He the guy that slipped a perma by allegedly not realising his ban was a perma and set up a new account at his university, but outed himself about it. Some reason the mods let him off for it.

Also the only Hobbes fanboy on Era. He's probably just a regular looking dude like most incels actually are, but the ugliness is on the inside.

Lol, this won't last long.

What a glorious account suicide!!!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

The worst part about ERA is the thread is more likely to get a handful of half-hearted replies but nothing else. No drama, no deflections, no direct attacks agains the OP, just a few dismissals of certain "questionable" inclusions on the list and that's it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
rNCNBJ8.png

interesting they would stan for a show whose lead character's main in-joke is he's a serial rapist

pulga

Banned
Hahaha thread closed in 8 minutes. Hahahahaha

Those faggots just had a heart attack. The account suicide was worth it.

Not really. If you really wanted to make your suicide worth it, should've posted something saucier. Like B-Dubs bigoted history.

JordanN

Banned
I wonder what B-Dubs plan is to "combat" hate sites?

Does he... want to lobby the government to remove them? Or get in contact with the Mafia to make a few "bodies" disappear?

VYk0ZxM.png

Last edited:

ManaByte

I wonder what B-Dubs plan is to "combat" hate sites?

Does he... want to lobby the government to remove them? Or get in contact with the Mafia to make a few "bodies" disappear?

VYk0ZxM.png

How does this apply to the CD Project Red social media person they went after?

Jonsoncao

Banned
Its a place where all the social outcasts come together and talk about their twisted version of reality. Its a place where your only allowed to have a single opinion and the only discussion that's allowed is you agreeing with someone else's opinion.

I haven't been following Gaf for so long, I went to register an account at ResetEra and asked the exactly same question and this is the answer I got: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pu...oning-with-friends.1019/page-98#post-28995268

It is has been a couple of years now, so I'm less sure of the ins and outs, but essentially the owner of gaf was shown to be a problematic shitbag who used gaf, at times, to manage his shitbagery; the moderation team quit and started this site for people who cared about games and not being a shitbag. There's probably places where a more detailed account exists, but that is what happened, generally speaking. Blade was one of the inaugural members and several of us from gaf made the transition pretty soon afterwards.

Can anyone point me to some credible source on the "owner of neogaf", "the moderation team quit", and the exact event reference of the user base split?

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I haven't been following Gaf for so long, I went to register an account at ResetEra and asked the exactly same question and this is the answer I got: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pu...oning-with-friends.1019/page-98#post-28995268
Can anyone point me to some credible source on the "owner of neogaf", "the moderation team quit", and the exact event reference of the user base split?

Well, that's a retcon of what actually happened,

N9R34jp.png

Ree a site for people who care about games. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What actually happened was the old GAF mods destabilized GAF with very harsh modding, then setup Resetera to steal the userbase from GAF and the income from that userbase but promising that the moderation would not be like GAF (Is was, it was worse).

CeIOllr.jpg

OT GAF was once similar to what OT ResetEra is now, not as bad (but very close during the 2016 elections and afterwards).

Most of the intolerant mods & posters left and formed ResetEra, and you'll see their hard work showcased in this thread (of ridiculousness).

Gaming side, I dunno, there are times it's still fine over there, but there are also times it gets crazy with what you can and can't talk about (BANNED GAMES!).

The big difference now is you are allowed to have, and express your opinion here (pretty much whatever it is), and over there, you have to share their opinion, or you're not welcomed.

Aristide

The only question is how much blood and treasure we'll waste pushing back Fascism this time

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I so imagine Erans having any part in fighting fascism before, and how it'd have ended.

Ionian

A few bits of advice for the whiney Era babies who complain about being doxed.

- Someone quoting something you have posted online of your own volition is not doxing.
- Don't use the same username across several forums, it makes it easy to find any retarded posts you've made.
- Hold your admins/mods to the same level of criticism for being bigoted/doxing family members of people you don't like.
-If you find it impossible to not get triggered by people laughing at your posts on other sites, just don't fucking visit those sites.

Oh one more;

- You're not special and never will be if you try to police the internet to suit only your own viewpoint.

(might seem a bit radical but I reckon it may help with your anxiety issues.)

TL;DR: Just don't act like a cunt.

Aristide

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Am I daltonian or aren't them posting blackface pics !?

What's with "woke" SJW's always wanting to paint their skin different?

ghuWCGu.jpg

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha thread closed in 8 minutes. Hahahahaha

Those faggots just had a heart attack. The account suicide was worth it.

"We dont allow links to those sites. Even tho other sites we will allow links from wont post these violent acts."

#Phonepunk#

Banned
BlackJace
The Fallen

Today at 8:37 PM

Gotta says pretty hilarious to be accused of using right wing talking points as a black person because I'm not giving white countries props for their happiness index score and whatnot.

Stay in that utopian bubble I guess
there's an anti-American thread about how much better and wealthier Finland is, and anyone who points out how overwhelmingly white that country is gets called a right winger. way to continue marginalizing your POCs.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The quicker they splinter themselves into little invite only camps, the better.. can you imagine? Oh man, it brings a smile to my face just thinking about it.

I look forward to sad, nosy mods like Delphine popping into private threads and banning people despite all of the participants being like minded and not offending each other. You know it will happen, and happen a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom