• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
In my opinion (and that's all it is), I think that Neil Druckmann wants to occupy the same tier as Kojima making cinematic games that aim to continue to resonate with you long after the game ends. He wants to be remembered. Druckmann has a more serious tone in his approach (U4 was not the Saturday morning serial like its predecessors).

I think this is right in part. I think a lot of Western devs see them as a kind of crying loud mob that must be placated and kept on side unfortunately. If you can get ahead of the release and push the small details and feed their baying for attention, they will indulge you and elevate you beyond criticism. However, you saw the shit that happened when ND were called out for crunch again and Neil responded on social media.

I think some devs go too far though, especially when retconning and that's where the abrasion comes in. Unfortunately the opposing side needs someone articulate and calm to rationalise what's happening. Someone like sophnar0747 sophnar0747 but the downside is that then you become part of the two party system.

Colin did a good piece on this on sacred symbols. 'Crunch' is a boogeyman. Again, it's a term that's ill defined, non-contextualised and all encompassing. But it's bad. And we must also fight against it. Why are there no positive stories where passion and will and crunch have shipped a game that went on to be a critical and commercial success. Where artists and designers have their heart to produce a work of profound and technical accomplishment?
But then these stories would destroy the narrative wouldn't they? They are 'The Sun' of the internet but act like they are Der Spiegel

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The trans giant destroying those muslim women in handball is all the justification I need to support transwomen in women's sports.

edit: ah, here it is:
0*2IMsAt_imCEMI0oj.png

Hannah-Mouncey-1280x720.jpg
I thought it was Rob Van Dam and his 100 girlfriends

Ionian

oh man i didn't know there was video of it

of course, I'd watch Shaq destroying a junior high team too so I may not be the best judge here

That's disgraceful, it's like the Mountain from GOT swatting away any competitors. Would even have an advantage on a men's team.

That isn't a fair game by any standards. It's shameful.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Lol I got banned from that place for for comparing trans racial to transgender, With them both being a social construct you would think it wouldn’t be controversial. Oh well, I learned better than visiting an echo chamber with deranged moderators.
Were you in any of the post in here, withing few pages back?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
They don't want to do that. All they do is say, "you are wrong! You are transphobic!!" And then they post a article backing them up, if you dare to post a article saying the opposite they'll try to get you to shut the fuck up. Say that article is fake news or go, "What are you really trying to say?"
it's a tough situation for sure but they don't want to discuss it for long unless you are on the right side.
‘Member when in the final years of old GAF there was one single WaPo article about something that would get posted every. single. time its topic was discussed in a thread, and it was supposed to be taken as God’s gospel and shut down all and any discussion about that topic?

I do.

Yet these same people will innocently handwave a mountain of evidence against their narrative.

I think that there are many Era posters who enjoy these kind of bloodbath threads as much as we do. Over there, ban baiting is a beloved pastime. I imagine this Squarehard character is have a great time, and will no doubt be back to check back on the extent of the baited posters ban:

97EmRgA.png

F18bBfg.png
“Care to elaborate?” is the most transparent banbait, LOL.
Squarehard loves it. And surprise surprise... chibi girl avatar. But One Punch Man is baaaaaaaaaad!

belmarduk

Personally I think it's a real gray area.

On one hand, I am 105% certain there are a number of biological women athletes who could kick my ass at just about every sport, gender difference be damned. Would being a man give a 100% chance of winning all the time, everywhere? No, likely not. Also, the hormones/etc that they go on to actually transition due have some impact, and after "X" number of months/years, it could lessen the impact their biological male-ness has.

On the other hand, the new thing is IF YOU SAY YOU'RE A WOMAN, YOU'RE A WOMAN! So literally anyone can just say they're a woman and need to be placed against other woman. This opens it up to literally anyone, and I can't see how this would ever be at all fair.

Why would a woman beat you? Are you elderly? Sick? Obese?

Sandyman

Neo Member
They don't care about changing hearts and minds. They care about keeping their respective groups happy and docile. The leadership knows they are one internal 'scandal' with a group like their trans members from a mass exile. And with the groups they cater to, it's a tight rope act and lots of 'customer servicing' to keep them placated. A ,mass exile would set off a chain reaction where the 'star developers' leave, the large amount of members silently pissed with their moderation will begin to spout loudly seeing them weak, and then the advertising evaporates.

This was always about power, control, and profit.
That sounds fucking miserable. Who the fûck would EVER wanna be put in such a suffocating environment. Either you get eaten alive by rabid members or you get beaned without warning for arbitrary reasons.

Ionian

“Care to elaborate?” is the most transparent banbait, LOL.
Squarehard loves it. And surprise surprise... chibi girl avatar. But One Punch Man is baaaaaaaaaad!

I posted a link to Squarehead's publicly posted games room a while ago. Someone pointed out that mocking a gamer having games on a gaming forum was wrong and rightfully so;

However, it was what was in the picture other than games that was alarming. A collection of chibi and bit-titted figurines.

I can't be arsed searching for my post but a simple google search under their username will do the job for the curious.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Classic Reset. :pie_eyeroll:

jnobpiV.png

Court of law doesn't matter. If you accuse someone of assault, you're guilty.

Does this mean I can accuse Resetera of sexual misconduct? Who are they to deny my claims?

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
that Williams sister's story is always funny, especially the guys attitude gotta get those smokes in.
The battles of the sexes is also really funny because I see people use it as some example of women competing with men in sports, Bobby Riggs was already in his 50's, he had to play in the doubles area , and he spent half the game wearing that sugar daddy jacket plus he did a similar stunt with the #1 ranked women's player earlier and won. Man Riggs was such glorious troll the man loved his money and didn't care how ridiculous he had to be to get it.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Classic Reset. :pie_eyeroll:

jnobpiV.png

Court of law doesn't matter. If you accuse someone of assault, you're guilty.

Does this mean I can accuse Resetera of sexual misconduct? Who are they to deny my claims?
Biden as rapist seems to be beyond the grasp of these BelieveWomen hypocrites.

They don’t believe the story because it has yet to be reported by a news outlet they trust. It’s not “making waves on social media either” and for them if something is ignored by media it may well not exist

This is how they determine if something is true or false, they wait for confirmation from their media rulers first. All truth is decided by the media.

Last edited:

And the politically partisan driven hacks are now trying to get the progressives to forget their espoused values and get in fucking line.

Power matters, not your virtues.

Unwilling to blindly support a Democrat Alleged Sexual Assailant? Pfft... that's your privilege showing.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
His words literally caused the death of a young lady by a white supremacist.
Ah yes the magical words Trump uttered that killed someone. Can’t forget about those. Who knew that necromancers were real and hexes are real and that our president is a Sorcerer.

LOL why do these people always put “children in cages” on these things. They don’t realise Biden was there when the child cages were first set up? THOSE ARE YOUR CAGES YOU BIDEN SUPPORTER HE LITERALLY HELPED SET THEM UP

Last edited:

Ymir

that Williams sister's story is always funny, especially the guys attitude gotta get those smokes in.
The battles of the sexes is also really funny because I see people use it as some example of women competing with men in sports, Bobby Riggs was already in his 50's, he had to play in the doubles area , and he spent half the game wearing that sugar daddy jacket plus he did a similar stunt with the #1 ranked women's player earlier and won. Man Riggs was such glorious troll the man loved his money and didn't care how ridiculous he had to be to get it.
Apparently your testosterone levels are the only thing that matters. Why would skeletal structure matter when you're over a foot taller and significantly bigger than the other person? What possible advantage could you have!?!?!

Dick Jones

Gold Member
QigJtr9.jpg

This has got to be God level trolling. The wounds are still raw and it gives people a go around to mock Klepek and that tool who wrote the review about Half Life. God speed you troll.
KjCHVgn.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

QigJtr9.jpg

This has got to be God level trolling. The wounds are still raw and it gives people a go around to mock Klepek and that tool who wrote the review about Half Life. God speed you troll.
i hope it's trolling because if not...

jason10mm

Gold Member
The Biden thread is just getting worse. Proof there is partisan fucking hacks that is willing to place party before ethics.

We already know reeee will totally compromise on their purity tests when they want, just look at the support Trudeau gets despite his blackface.

This just means they will come down HARDER on forum 'nobodies' or anyone they think they can link to the right and marginalize, like Joe Rogan. They will create a whole series of internal tripwires so they can call out and ban anyone who stumbles.

Allforce

I love that story too about the Williams sisters, the guy was just sandbagging it and beat both of them and their response is just to be completely shocked.

There's another great story about the US Women's Soccer team playing a scrimmage against the US Under 14 men's team and getting shotgunned like 12-2.

There's absolutely no debating this stuff with "woke" assholes though, despite the hilarious examples.

Why would a woman beat you? Are you elderly? Sick? Obese?

Seriously? I didn't say *every* woman, but I am sure there are women out there who are better trained, in better shape, younger, all of the above. I don't even know how to play handball lol

Do I think being a man gives me the POTENTIAL to beat ALL women? I dunno, maybe? But there is a ton of factors in your genetics etc. A 5 foot 2 manlet is unlikely to be beating down a 6 foot 3 Norwegian goddess, bone density be damned.

The people on ERA are so selfish, one thing I've noticed about the Wokest people is they genuinely do NOT care about anyone who suffers in their quest of wokeness. They don't care if women are speaking out agaisnt something if it goes agaisnt trans people, they don't care if someone they deem "Bad" gets hurt if they get hurt because of "wrong think". They don't care about black men/women if those people don't think/do what they want.
How many times have they whined about "cis white straight males" needing to step down and give a "trans queer person of color" or a "poc" the stage? If those people don't behave how they want? Guess what? They will be like, "What the fuck? Why is this bigot up here?"
They don't want to hear diverse opinions and voices. If they did, they'd see that not everyone is a WokeBot who believes the same thing. They'd see these groups of people don't all feel the same way.
The way the trans people speak for ALL transpeople, and assume anyone who thinks differently is "cis", or the black users speak for all black people and then people outside that group make assumptions that thats what everyone of that group thinks, is the most backwards shit i've ever seen in my life.
My favorite example of this is contrapoints, She spoke up and guess what? People flipped their shit, but I thought they wanted to hear these voices? I thought cis people weren't allowed to criticize transfolks on trans issues, but no one came in and told the cis users to shut the fuck up when they dogpiled Contra.
Funny how white cis males can shit on a black cis cop and no black users come in and tell them to shut the fuck up. Funny how transwomen on ree (which is 80% of the "women") can criticize women's bodies in games, or opinions but women can't do that to them, UNLESS it's a bad thought trans person then EVERYONE can shit talk them.

Real funny.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the mob operates on the principle of "that which is loudest is true" so here we are.
It’s been “whoever is offended is right” for a few years now. Is there any argument that doesn’t have people on both sides offended? The old religion way of thinking.

Millennials in America were the first generation to decide GOD wasn’t real. Decided church and that way of life wasn’t for necessary. But they didn’t realize that they clearly not only need it, but are still actively participating in what they walked away from.

They replaced GOD with a Political Party and Political ideas and kept it moving lol.

So we went from “I know my religion is right because how I feel and those around me feel” to “I know my politics is right because how I feel and those around me feel”. As soon as they removed GOD from schools, they moved in their politics for example.

The people on ERA are so selfish, one thing I've noticed about the Wokest people is they genuinely do NOT care about anyone who suffers in their quest of wokeness. They don't care if women are speaking out agaisnt something if it goes agaisnt trans people, they don't care if someone they deem "Bad" gets hurt if they get hurt because of "wrong think". They don't care about black men/women if those people don't think/do what they want.
How many times have they whined about "cis white straight males" needing to step down and give a "trans queer person of color" or a "poc" the stage? If those people don't behave how they want? Guess what? They will be like, "What the fuck? Why is this bigot up here?"
They don't want to hear diverse opinions and voices. If they did, they'd see that not everyone is a WokeBot who believes the same thing. They'd see these groups of people don't all feel the same way.
The way the trans people speak for ALL transpeople, and assume anyone who thinks differently is "cis", or the black users speak for all black people and then people outside that group make assumptions that thats what everyone of that group thinks, is the most backwards shit i've ever seen in my life.
My favorite example of this is contrapoints, She spoke up and guess what? People flipped their shit, but I thought they wanted to hear these voices? I thought cis people weren't allowed to criticize transfolks on trans issues, but no one came in and told the cis users to shut the fuck up when they dogpiled Contra.
Funny how white cis males can shit on a black cis cop and no black users come in and tell them to shut the fuck up. Funny how transwomen on ree (which is 80% of the "women") can criticize women's bodies in games, or opinions but women can't do that to them, UNLESS it's a bad thought trans person then EVERYONE can shit talk them.

Real funny.

Being "Woke" is a marketing angle for respective media platforms to gain or retain a targeted audience metrics to sell to advertisers while building social clout. They will be overtly deceptive and hypocritical to keep those numbers up. They will never follow their own purity test if it risks alienation of that audience.

So yes, it's all about money and power.

Last edited:

Ionian

Can't forget about one of the longest lasting admins on the site. He truly loves vidya games.

1w89TgA.jpg

Eh no?

It's quite the opposite Mr. Admin.

ENAnSOK.jpg

Oh he's speaking like a true video-game lover on a video-game site. Sounds pretty good.

O93VKSi.jpg

Hmmm, correlation to bannings perhaps?

vJl5nxD.jpg

Seems he isn't immune after all.

Just an incredibly angry little man that is lucky to get one like on any tweet he posts.

Ionian

He is, his twitter is full of anger and pretty pathetic. He brings it out on users on the site.

As an admin he doesn't need to have a 'summit'.

Being "Woke" is a marketing angle for respective media platforms to gain or retain a targeted audience metrics to sell to advertisers while building social clout. They will be overtly deceptive and hypocritical to keep those numbers up. They will never follow their own purity test if it risks alienation of that audience.

So yes, it's all about money and power.
Feminism is as well. I'm firmly in the center when I used to be far left. Everything HAS to be for everyone but at the same time certain people within those groups get to be "Special" and cannot be challenged.
It's all bullshit. I blame the media. Everything is a product. Every celeb is trying to be the wokest, saying empty shit, putting on empty titles. It's all so we can be sold something. I'm just not buying it anymore.

Last edited:

Sandyman

Neo Member
I wonder what it must feel like for all the admins to constantly lurk on here 24/7, knowing that they are being made fun of by hundreds of people. How it must twist the dagger in their bellies to see that wrongthinkers are not only having fun here, but are freely laughing at their misery without repercussion. How jealous they must be that people here tend to follow rules with a less suffocating mod-user interaction. Yet this self-afflicted misery is their drug, and they will never look away from people who taunt and tease them. Yet they will never get that sense of catharsis or karma.

wallow in your despair, resetera. Reap the harvest of your unending crusade of anger, and drink the poison of your own rabid foam. Go mad in your searching for the next thing to offend you. I shall laugh without pity and without remorse. Now I only wait until you eat each other alive through your own lust for vengeance against an invisible enemy.

Sandyman

Neo Member
Oh I doubt they have to lurk on here that much. I'm sure there are several people who hang around here just to derail and report back to the mods over there for their good boy points.
But they still must know. “Hey this guy is laughing at you now.” Even if they don’t read it (they do), their little carrier pigeons also have to feel some sort of problematic emotion.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Didn't B-Dubs mysteriously log in again after people here started circulating screenshots of former crimes?

MrA

Banned
It’s been “whoever is offended is right” for a few years now. Is there any argument that doesn’t have people on both sides offended? The old religion way of thinking.

Millennials in America were the first generation to decide GOD wasn’t real. Decided church and that way of life wasn’t for necessary. But they didn’t realize that they clearly not only need it, but are still actively participating in what they walked away from.

They replaced GOD with a Political Party and Political ideas and kept it moving lol.

So we went from “I know my religion is right because how I feel and those around me feel” to “I know my politics is right because how I feel and those around me feel”. As soon as they removed GOD from schools, they moved in their politics for example.
are you saying TS Elliot was right?

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The trans giant destroying those muslim women in handball is all the justification I need to support transwomen in women's sports.

edit: ah, here it is:
0*2IMsAt_imCEMI0oj.png

Hannah-Mouncey-1280x720.jpg

Hahaha

But in Reseteras case, the transgenders would be fair though, because as dudes they would lose to any womens team.

UnNamed

Banned
Unfortunately, the mob operates on the principle of "that which is loudest is true" so here we are.
They consider themselves an oppressed minority, so they feel they must defend other oppressed minority no matter what.

The world is evil and it is always everybody else's fault, they feel surrounded and they react to this like stray dogs. They have no sense of responsability or conseguence, they need to find an enemy, oversimplified to fit their brain of course, so they don't have to admit it's their fault and how putrid pile of shit they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom