• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Because you file all the bad things (Nazi, racist, sexist... stuff like that) into one simple term. Alt Right!

And then label anything you don't like as Alt Right.

So this
420x0.jpg

And this
19_DaveChappelle_1000x414.jpg

Both are Alt Right. Because.
IWlQ6s5.jpg

They have a point 😂😂

TrainedRage

Banned
We don't provide a platform to Nazis in 3.... 2...….

Beeb bop boop.... 0010101010001001110010101

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing this. Very insightful. Any chance those devs would consider posting here? I hope they know they'd be more than welcome and not criticized

Not likely. The industry may hate on Era away from public eyes, but you're not gonna see any non-content creators or indie devs go on a public tirade about the place. There's a perception among some that posting on Gaf would be seen as equivalent. Though I think the 2017 issue is a bigger reason for a lot of them than anything else.

That said, a much bigger reason you won't see a lot of them come back is dedicated hobby forums have just kind of grown obsolete from an advertising perspective, and one can grow a community entirely through other means. The only other reason anyone would want to post on one is the kind of community that had already been cultivated, and as I said, the place is a friggin pariah to large swathes of the industry.

Oh, and fun little anecdote. Not going to name names, but I know a guy at 343 that rolls his eyes every time he hears about Era and wishes Frank O'Connor (Stinkles on Era) would stop posting there. He's told me others on the team feel the same way, but I don't know who.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Found this on KF. This is what happens when they leave their safe space and try to interact with regular people

p3wdZGb.jpg

Love it.

Crawl back to your mums attic bro.

I hope Joe Rogan can recover from missing out a platform of a few thousand unemployed losers though.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Not suspended. If it was suspended it would say suspended. The account was deleted. One of the Era admins probably threatened to dox him if he didn't stop.
He got into an argument the other day with some of the followers and I think he just said fuck it enough. Just my guess.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Not likely. The industry may hate on Era away from public eyes, but you're not gonna see any non-content creators or indie devs go on a public tirade about the place. There's a perception among some that posting on Gaf would be seen as equivalent. Though I think the 2017 issue is a bigger reason for a lot of them than anything else.

That said, a much bigger reason you won't see a lot of them come back is dedicated hobby forums have just kind of grown obsolete from an advertising perspective, and one can grow a community entirely through other means. The only other reason anyone would want to post on one is the kind of community that had already been cultivated, and as I said, the place is a friggin pariah to large swathes of the industry.

Oh, and fun little anecdote. Not going to name names, but I know a guy at 343 that rolls his eyes every time he hears about Era and wishes Frank O'Connor (Stinkles on Era) would stop posting there. He's told me others on the team feel the same way, but I don't know who.

I am more surprised at how they can keep O'Connor on the team. The dude is repugnant.

JordanN

Banned
Is there proof of this?

GAF's reputation on the internet is no where close to being some backwater terrorist forum like Reset is.

At worst, whenever I see negative comments about GAF from other sites, it's always about pre-2017 drama. But no one has said modern GAF is a completely untouchable place.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
From what I’ve seen, some people associate GAF = Era and that GAF is “woke”, but they’re usually heavily misinformed.

JordanN

Banned
The easiest way to eliminate the confusion is to look at the screenshots shared around.

If you see the purple theme, it's obviously from Resetera. And that's where a lot of comments of hatred are directed at.

But if you see a Neogaf screenshot from after 2017, almost no one is mocking us. I've even seen people link to Neogaf and defend us.

This thread was passed around a lot on the internet and people immediately realized we're not the same.

mNGLrgI.png

Last edited:

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I think he's a dick too but not for era reasons lol

Agreed. Don't care for him because he talks a lot but hasn't made anything good in a decade. Same with Jaffe.

That said ree is full on bitch eating crackers with him. It's comical

Last edited:
Is there proof of this?

GAF's reputation on the internet is no where close to being some backwater terrorist forum like Reset is.

At worst, whenever I see negative comments about GAF from other sites, it's always about pre-2017 drama. But no one has said modern GAF is a completely untouchable place.

There's no public proof of anything I've said (at least among developers rather than influencers) outside of some subtle hinting from industry people on Era itself like what that Skyrim dude said before getting de-verified. This is either stuff you'd find in developer discords or just first/second hand accounts.

Like I said, the perception, while there, is secondary to just not finding forums useful anymore and individual developers wanting to stick to communities they've cultivated themselves on places like Twitter and Discord and whatnot. There could be absolutely no perception problem with gaf or era or wherever and a lot of these people still wouldn't post there.

Do I think it would be nice if Gaf became a hub of gaming discussion among industry people and insiders again like it was at its heydey? Absolutely, I just don't see it happening.

SNPlayen

Oh god, I really hope Era genuinely makes Otherkin a protected class. IIRC, there were even threads about how not real it is from trans posters and is basically the same as what Rachel Dolezal does. Pretty sure even mods/admins held that viewpoint.
I demand s summit with the Otherkin folks!

#Phonepunk#

Banned
what kind of asshole do you have to be to openly wish on deadly storms to hit an area? this dickhead literally praying that an act of God hit my state and fuck us up.

newsflash to this piece of shit MY LIFE ISNT A TV SHOW YOU FUCKING HATEFUL MORON

ZObdHVW.png

the fact this idiot thinks "we are living in a TV show" must make it easy to wish death and destruction on millions.

YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH

Last edited:

MrA

Banned
1589847423502-png.1304284

This is a scandalous post. How do you have any sort of credibility doing independent analysis if you start the piece off with a disclaimer? Imagine it now - the broadsheets reporting on Afghanistant.

Editorial disclaimer: We'd just like to say that we in no way support donations to Al Qaeda, and we actually think they're a big bunch of cunts. Now sit back as we analyse if the US did destabilise the area by opposing Russian foreign aid.
Funny they complain about the people they disagree with withholding their own money and call them idiots, why don't they pull their funding for giving in, oh that's right, they aren't providing any.

MrA

Banned
what kind of asshole do you have to be to openly wish on deadly storms to hit an area? this dickhead literally praying that an act of God hit my state and fuck us up.

newsflash to this piece of shit MY LIFE ISNT A TV SHOW YOU FUCKING HATEFUL MORON

ZObdHVW.png

the fact this idiot thinks "we are living in a TV show" must make it easy to wish death and destruction on millions.

YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH
I don't want this to happen, but I DO!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Many of them stated they were cancelling their Spotify subs before the thread got locked since Joe discussion isn’t allowed 😂😂😂😂
They don't give a platform to Joe Rogan. You know, the most popular interviewer in the last 20 years. They are afraid that Joe might talk some sense into these simps. They can't lose any more of their little bees from the hivemind.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
They don't give a platform to Joe Rogan. You know, the most popular interviewer in the last 20 years. They are afraid that Joe might talk some sense into these simps. They can't lose any more of their little bees from the hivemind.

What exactly did he do to them? He seems as "controversial" as Bill Maher (who they do signal boost!!) in that sometimes he'll say something that people don't like, but it's usually worth a discussion.

crumbs

ZObdHVW.png

YOU ARE A PSYCHOPATH

I think some serious soul-searching is in order when you need global pandemics and natural disasters to make your political ideas appealing,

What exactly did he do to them? He seems as "controversial" as Bill Maher (who they do signal boost!!) in that sometimes he'll say something that people don't like, but it's usually worth a discussion.
He questioned whether Trans Women should be fighting Non Trans Women in combat sports. In addition he has people on his podcast that they don't like.

It seems most of the names you can put to faces in the "Alt Right" are people who don't 100% agree to their Trans views. Why they give those people the White Supremacist label is confusing to me tho 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
He questioned whether Trans Women should be fighting Non Trans Women in combat sports. In addition he has people on his podcast that they don't like.

It seems most of the names you can put to faces in the "Alt Right" are people who don't 100% agree to their Trans views. Why they give those people the White Supremacist label is confusing to me tho 🤷‍♂️

I mean he had Bernie Sanders on there. He’s had plenty of liberals as guests. Questioning the whole Ma’am’s in sports thing though is a surefire way to get cancelled by the Ree.

Im sure Joe’s 6 million Twitter followers are hurting bad over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom