• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That's not Woke enough for ERA though. Soulless, Calculated, Empty words have far more meaning than a harmless Gif. /s

It's fucking insane. You even got this clown *asking* for that generic white text on black background nonsense.

Meanwhile, there are multiple people in the thread who (supposedly) are actually black and don't have problems with the GIF/some saying they appreciated it. Some people are also saying they know the social media manager behind the account and that she is a black woman!

If all this is what it looks like, then Era continues to have a real problem with "woke" white folks taking it upon themselves to tell black people how they should think.

Ymir

They're really trying to "signal boost" twitter conspiracies. Now they're trying to say the Arizona police registered the domain of Breonnataylor.com

LOL, dipshit on twitter finally admitted she had no fucking clue who owned the domain. Goddamn scum,

I deleted this tweet because I didn't actually know who bought the domain name for Breonna Taylor and it was getting rapidly retweeted. It's likely the work of trolls, with a link to donate to a fake city entity. In any case,
@namesilo
should give the domain to Breonna's family.

Jubenhimer

It's fucking insane. You even got this clown *asking* for that generic white text on black background nonsense.
Nintendo doesn't have to say shit. Just like the rest of these companies. They have no business in getting involved in politics they have nothing to do with. They're just doing it as a publicity stunt. It's free marketing as far as they're concerned. And considering Nintendo is a Japanese company (Kyoto-based one at that). I'm pretty sure they don't care about the American political climate.

Jubenhimer

Why do people care what video game Twitter accounts say?

I am really disappointed that Persona 5 hasn’t commented on BLM. Say that sentence out loud. See? It sounds stupid.

"Please multi-national mega corporation, say a bunch of nice shit about how racism is bad. I won't feel vindicated unless a faceless corporate entity echoes my political views, or states the fucking obvious!"

Jubenhimer

EZXvqb6X0AEDkOI

"OMG, So stunning! So brave!"
- ReeeeesetERA

Last edited:
"Please multi-national mega corporation, say a bunch of nice shit about how racism is bad. I won't feel vindicated unless a faceless corporate entity echoes my political views, or states the fucking obvious!"

P.S. Sony delaying the PS5 launch thing they were going to do was stupid.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
6Zd3pWm.jpg

That's what they get for not tweeting support!
They should have covered the Mario brother on the ground with a sheet. RIP. I'd say the toy on the ground would make them more angry than the damage to the building.

Also ERA posters everytime Nintendo does something 'problematic'
iNhfi6j.jpg

ERA a number of years after GOG's intern tweeted something 'problematic' once without permission and the company apologised quickly afterwards
zimbL9i.jpg

cormack12

Gold Member

Too funny. People chasing those RT's - but not for beign wrong. 'Trolls', fucking hell what a ride. Cause the damage, get out of jail free card by saying you'll learn going forward. Meanwhile any person with an IQ higher than a glass of water could see exactly where this was going, and wouldn't make shit up to get a few viral tweets. Twitter/Social media is easily the worst thing in the world right now. Everyone racing to outdo the last big event and trend. Fucking thundercunts the lot of them.

This has led to the most poignantly staged, emotionally barren, widely shared bullshit we will likely ever see.

I've been browsing resetera since it split up with neogaf. I got banned after my first post that wasn't anti-white / believe all women.

I like it much more here, even though some stuff is a bit extremist on this site.
Has EvilLore ever explained how he allowed neogaf before the split to end up as restera light with many of the mods banning left and right for bs reasons like they are doing now on that vile site? I hope this never happens again.

If you read the thread there about the protests, it's absolutely insane. "burn it all down" stuff, but when it gets close to their home "please don't loot". What a bunch of jokes.

raduque

They're really trying to "signal boost" twitter conspiracies. Now they're trying to say the Arizona police registered the domain of Breonnataylor.com

LOL, dipshit on twitter finally admitted she had no fucking clue who owned the domain. Goddamn scum,

That damn Carole Danielle Baskin!

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Nostradamus
It's not hard to "predict" the future if you are observant and know your subject.

Era is so transparent, and I've been following it since its inception on GAF. Like I said before, a thread's title on Era is all you need to know what kind of posts you'll find in the thread, before you even click on it.
They pointing the finger at Nintendo is just par for the course.

I remember some years ago, when Nintendo failed to produce a report about their use of rare minerals while other console manufacturers were doing just that. Old GAF quickly jumped at Nintendo because lack of a report automatically implied Nintendo, and Japan by association, was basically raping the planet.

WAIT, HE'S WHITE?! Fucking hell, man...
Yeah, the cartoonized avatar had me fooled.
In retrospect... of course, of course he's white.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
t1of46S.png

But of course, Sony are allies instead, because they released a totally sincere statement that doesn't reek of corporate virtue signalling at all.

Era's double standards and lack of discernment are, as usual, appalling.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Lmao all of a sudden looting = not good 😂

let it all burn down

The most entertaining thing is how predictably they manage to put feet in their mouth time and again:

wait for it

Thread closed at OP request

Ricky-Gervais.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
Got to say even the topic on our Poliics has a lot more nuance and shared discussion than theirs. There's is basically share social media post and react. If it doesnt support the narrative repeat acab and manifest conspiracy theory. Pepper some stay safe messages and that's about it. Nothing of any real deep or societal importance or reflection. The thing is just a massive twitter thread inline.

Saruhashi

Banned
Why do people care what video game Twitter accounts say?

I am really disappointed that Persona 5 hasn’t commented on BLM. Say that sentence out loud. See? It sounds stupid.

It's such an odd juxtaposition between the seriousness of the actual situation and the frivolousness of online reactions to it.

A man is actually dead because police officers killed him over counterfeit money.
This should never EVER happen in a sensible and normal society.
That man should be alive today and those officers should be out helping make their communities safer for all.

No. Wait. Hold up.
What is the Official Pokemon Twitter account saying about it?
Some. Crappy. GIF.
THAT'S IT!?
WTF Nintendo!?

This will not stand. OMFG! It's so tone deaf!

The Official Pokemon Twitter account should absolutely have the 100% right thing to say at a time like this!

Forget the murder for a moment! Did you hear that the Pokemon Twitter account posted some weak sauce reaction!?

Let that settle for a moment.
A dude is dead.
Needlessly killed by police officers.
Yet, we must concern ourselves with how the creators of a children's videogame have reacted.

600Breezy

this is the reason why no one on Era has a job - they stepped aside for a minority to take it. Right??

Last edited:
It's such an odd juxtaposition between the seriousness of the actual situation and the frivolousness of online reactions to it.

A man is actually dead because police officers killed him over counterfeit money.
This should never EVER happen in a sensible and normal society.
That man should be alive today and those officers should be out helping make their communities safer for all.

No. Wait. Hold up.
What is the Official Pokemon Twitter account saying about it?
Some. Crappy. GIF.
THAT'S IT!?
WTF Nintendo!?

This will not stand. OMFG! It's so tone deaf!

The Official Pokemon Twitter account should absolutely have the 100% right thing to say at a time like this!

Forget the murder for a moment! Did you hear that the Pokemon Twitter account posted some weak sauce reaction!?

Let that settle for a moment.
A dude is dead.
Needlessly killed by police officers.
Yet, we must concern ourselves with how the creators of a children's videogame have reacted.
I simply wouldn't be able to sleep at night without knowing how all my favourite corporations feel about the Black Lives Matter movement.

Last edited:

Kiwiwiwi

Neo Member
The most entertaining thing is how predictably they manage to put feet in their mouth time and again:

wait for it

Ricky-Gervais.gif
Can't stop laughing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Azzurri

let it all burn down

It's amazing how their views changed when it happens to you, huh?

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned

this is the reason why no one on Era has a job - they stepped aside for a minority to take it. Right??

Once again it's a case of someone calling for something that will negatively impact others.
Once again it's being done for attention and virtual pats on the back.

So the lady with a long, 19 years, career in voice acting is like "maybe some of you should turn down roles". OK.

Must be so strange to enter a career path where people who've already made their money are telling you to turn down jobs.

Maybe she could just quietly retire and spend her time in the background providing coaching and mentorship for up and coming voice actors that she has selected herself?

Nah. What I am I thinking? She wants the money and the fake internet brownie points for having the right "take" on things.

This is like encouraging someone to remain unemployed for "moral" reasons and sympathizing that they might not be able to afford luxuries or be able to fulfill their potential etc but it's for the greater good so that's worth more than mere money. Then I say "goodbye" and head off in my nice new car to my high paying job.

These folks seem to be like this more often than not.

Funny to see them bring up Nadine from Uncharted.
So the voice actor gets the job in a big Sony exclusive game.
On top of that it will be a major supporting character.
OK so they character design isn't finalized and they bring in a white lady to do the voice.
Sign contracts. Give her an idea of pay etc etc.
She probably makes plans for her future based on this.

So now it turns out the character will not be white.
The voice actress is really expected to just say "OK, I guess" and walk away at that point?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

gbadvWm.jpg

I have to disagree with the Laura Bailey was cast before the design was finalised. 😂😂😂😂
That's not open for discussion, it's an actual fact. She was hired before the design was made. It has always been stated by ND and never once has the story deviated or disproven.

You notice that never do ResetEra's mob make the argument that the roles should go to you know people from the place. If Nadine is a South African owner of a private militia then there is more of an argument for a Charlize Theron (you know a South African) than a Zoe Saldana (born in New Jersey). Both are great actresses that would do a commendable job. I would argue that maybe the roles should be filled by sending a casting director to South Africa than just hiring an American woman who happens to be black, because she is black. Because when ERA mean minority, they mean black and American nothing more, but they will leech on transgressions to other minorities as attacks on them. They love Beyonce because she is an independent black woman, yet don't see a problem when she has a world tour that ignores Africa venues. Because she performs in the US and who gives a fuck about Africa, but they should care.

The last paragraph is about Resetera's constantly outraged mob and I am not slating anyone who is an American who also happens to be black. If you are hurt and annoyed by this post, let me know (pm me) and I'll discuss and amend anything if it has crossed the line. I'm annoyed by the blatant hypocrisy by these self absorbed dickheads on ERA.

My final word, don't be a cunt to anyone based on the colour of their skin. Fuck those 4 police fucks for not doing their fucking job.

Ymir

let it all burn down
AHHAHAHAHAHAHA, not a single mention of insurance! LIVES>PROPERTY, those guys should have been responsible and gotten some of that insurance to protect them! Also lol at them blaming the police and Neo nazi's for this. The makeup they have to pull off blackface has been the best I've ever seen since it's only white people committing these crimes.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
gbadvWm.jpg

I have to disagree with the Laura Bailey was cast before the design was finalised. 😂😂😂😂
That's not open for discussion, it's an actual fact. She was hired before the design was made. It has always been stated by ND and never once has the story deviated or disproven.

You notice that never do ResetEra's mob make the argument that the roles should go to you know people from the place. If Nadine is a South African owner of a private militia then there is more of an argument for a Charlize Theron (you know a South African) than a Zoe Saldana (born in New Jersey). Both are great actresses that would do a commendable job. I would argue that maybe the roles should be filled by sending a casting director to South Africa than just hiring an American woman who happens to be black, because she is black. Because when ERA mean minority, they mean black and American nothing more, but they will leech on transgressions to other minorities as attacks on them. They love Beyonce because she is an independent black woman, yet don't see a problem when she has a world tour that ignores Africa venues. Because she performs in the US and who gives a fuck about Africa, but they should care.

The last paragraph is about Resetera's constantly outraged mob and I am not slating anyone who is an American who also happens to be black. If you are hurt and annoyed by this post, let me know (pm me) and I'll discuss and amend anything if it has crossed the line. I'm annoyed by the blatant hypocrisy by these self absorbed dickheads on ERA.

My final word, don't be a cunt to anyone based on the colour of their skin. Fuck those 4 police fucks for not doing their fucking job.

pUBmwqS.jpg

Can I get 'person proving my point' for $100 please?

Also love how their avatar is Angelina Jolie, who did brown face and collects child ethnicities like Pokémon.

Ymir

Another gem from the Fordham thread
mattiewheels said:
If they’re insured to high heaven, don't they face zero consequence for looting?

This is how they think things work in real life. Is “insured to high heaven” a legal term? 😂

They’re also crying that it’s the cops fault because they purposefully abandoning that area. I thought cops were the enemy??? Also it’s thousands of people looting shit, did they not see how well the cops protected the “rich” stores?

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I like how they think just because a buiness is insured that it means it happens instantly. You see that weeping minority over there? Its fine he has insurance. Those women that got beat up defending their business? It's fine they have insurance. Fuck yourselves right off you bigots.

When I was watching the news a few days ago regarding the 230 businesses burned down in Minneapolis they mentioned a lot of the small businesses wouldn't have insurance that covered what happened.

crumbs

Another gem from the Fordham thread

This is how they think things work in real life. Is “insured to high heaven” a legal term? 😂

They’re also crying that it’s the cops fault because they purposefully abandoning that area. I thought cops were the enemy??? Also it’s thousands of people looting shit, did they not see how well the cops protected the “rich” stores?

For mattiewheels' logic, does that mean if someone has health insurance, I can beat them up? If they have car insurance, I can total their car? Their Insurance is like the magic eraser of my bad life choices!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
When I was watching the news a few days ago regarding the 230 businesses burned down in Minneapolis they mentioned a lot of the small businesses wouldn't have insurance that covered what happened.
Someone should post this over there and slap these twats in the face with it.

nush

Gold Member
I like how they think just because a buiness is insured that it means it happens instantly. You see that weeping minority over there? Its fine he has insurance. Those women that got beat up defending their business? It's fine they have insurance. Fuck yourselves right off you bigots.
It's clear those shut-ins at Resetera have never actually used insurance or tried to make a claim on a policy. That's where the real fun begins and insurance companies tend to make it pretty hard to get a payout. "Your policy specifically does not cover civil unrest and wars".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom