• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woah is me. I have to shower and clean up after myself.

It that entire site children... legit curious?
Yes?

Looks like people are starting to notice that cancel culture has gone too far.

If you try to cancel cancel culture, you're gonna get canceled. Will Ree try to cancel The Atlantic?

Daffy Duck

clutch those pearls you ducking cretins.

Everything is so serious with these people.

a red flag...lmao. The only red flag are those dorks posts

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
mAWbB4d.png

Bunch of pussies.

SkylineRKR

They will never not play a videogame out of their 'principles' anyway.

Fucking hypocrites is what.

They systematically started to hate on DQ because of the composer. Now, that guy IS a piece of shit, but you're dismissing a piece 100's of people worked on for one guy who created a (shitty) OST and has some weird ass political beliefs? Then they should tell me, why don't they boycott Sony, or rather Japan in its entirety. Those people worship this guy and thus accept his ideology. Ban.

And I noticed they lately started to pile on Atlus. It started with a very short Persona 5 scene in a 100+ hour game they constantly kept bringing up (I guess Ryuji should've said sure guys i'm meta as fuck, I bone you 2 dudes). And then Catherine Full Body. I wonder when you'll be banned when you say you like Atlus games, its pretty close probably.

And thats the problem, because no one is going to convince me any of those JRPG nuts actually do boycott classics like DQ11 or P5. Its early 2010's GAF but worse, really. Same virus, different place.

Last edited:

Peterthumpa

clutch those pearls you ducking cretins.

Everything is so serious with these people.

a red flag...lmao. The only red flag are those dorks posts
Some guy just got himself permanently banned in that thread because he said Elon Musk's Tesla wasn't the only company asking people to get back to work, it's fucking insane.

SkylineRKR

Boycott Cyberpunk. I don't wanna see an OT on there.

No, CDPR, just Cancel the fucking game. Be saviors to the weak.

Proxy'd it, I like this reaction:

Did you see the digital foundry thread where John was run off the forum because he didn’t know about a homophobic bit in Ion Fury, therefore not mentioning it in his video analysis? This is what this forum is.

Why isn't this guy banned though, lol.

Also, they did it, the obligatory Hitler comparison regarding Elon Musk.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
mAWbB4d.png

Bunch of pussies.

Idiots like this don't realize what will happen of they get what they want. Every job will become part-time with a part-time salary meaning you'd probably need to hold down 2 jobs in order to live. But at least you're not getting forced to spend 40 hours a week with a load of downtime allowing you to Ree on the internet while getting paid. You can now do that in your free time!

So I did it and wrote an article about Resetera that closely relates to this topic. It's an important piece that I'd hope many of you read and share (if you like it). I'm tired of just leaning back and watch as they change the gaming industry to their liking, writing this is what I can do:

"The Fascism of Resetera.com"

Thanks.
I plan on reading it later.

I disagree with the term fascist being applied to Resetera. Both the mods and a significant portion of the users, including vetted industry professionals, seem to be better described as left-wing authoritarians. Case in point, a number of them are already at the throat of CDPR and CP2077:

It's quickly becoming a form of masochism then, that a GOG.com staffer posts there.

drganon

Thanks.

I disagree with the term fascist being applied to Resetera. Both the mods and a significant portion of the users, including vetted industry professionals, seem to be better described as left-wing authoritarians. Case in point, a number of them are already at the throat of CDPR and CP2077:

It's quickly becoming a form of masochism then, that a GOG.com staffer posts there.
Reading that thread about cyber punk and pronouns gave me an aneurysm.

zapiks44

Looks like people are starting to notice that cancel culture has gone too far.

If you try to cancel cancel culture, you're gonna get canceled. Will Ree try to cancel The Atlantic?

Most of the people turning against cancel culture lately just seem to be afraid that it will come after them one day. They were just fine with it until it started going after "their" people.

jason10mm

Gold Member
GiQ0UpW.png

Hah, the trans character played by cis actor thread goes about as well as you can expect. So now we gotta cancel any non-LGBTQ+ aligned actor/character roles as these looney minorities try to muscle in on every aspect of media.

Tom Hanks in Philadelphia? Cancelled. Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs? Cancelled Tim Curry in Rocky Horror? Cancelled

But do we go after gay actors playing cishet characters?????????? silence.......better watch out devilishly handsome Matt Bomer, elfin Anne Heche, the list goes on and on. These clowns don't realize that if you MUST cast actors as their exact [insert identity politics here] then all you are gonna get are a bunch of jewish and WASP cishet characters from here on out with a generous splash of the conventionally gay.

KQrlRS6.jpg

I'm also REALLY curious where the Michelle Rodriguez film "The Assignment" falls on the reeeee scale of acceptance. Girl plays a guy forcibly turned into a girl who then learns to accept being a girl so long as she can sorta act like a guy?

Last edited:

Ymir

Most of the people turning against cancel culture lately just seem to be afraid that it will come after them one day. They were just fine with it until it started going after "their" people.
Yup, no different than the people screeching to “burn it all down” during the riots until it reached their part of town.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight

nush

Gold Member
GiQ0UpW.png

Hah, the trans character played by cis actor thread goes about as well as you can expect. So now we gotta cancel any non-LGBTQ+ aligned actor/character roles as these looney minorities try to muscle in on every aspect of media.

Tom Hanks in Philadelphia? Cancelled. Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs? Cancelled Tim Curry in Rocky Horror? Cancelled

But do we go after gay actors playing cishet characters?????????? silence.......better watch out devilishly handsome Matt Bomer, elfin Anne Heche, the list goes on and on. These clowns don't realize that if you MUST cast actors as their exact [insert identity politics here] then all you are gonna get are a bunch of jewish and WASP cishet characters from here on out with a generous splash of the conventionally gay.

KQrlRS6.jpg

I'm also REALLY curious where the Michelle Rodriguez film "The Assignment" falls on the reeeee scale of acceptance. Girl plays a guy forcibly turned into a girl who then learns to accept being a girl so long as she can sorta act like a guy?

Ionian

Yup, no different than the people screeching to “burn it all down” during the riots until it reached their part of town.

Nepethe is fine, insurance will cover her in her suburban house, while she threatens to move furniture and does fuck all.

What ever happened to just saying 'kick ass'?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Removed the poll because it was showing the truth, at last poll 44% said it wasn't an issue. BWAHAHAAHHAHHHA

8pkX8yp.png

Fucking stupid. Especially when they are also the community most likely to shit on a game for subpar VA in the first place. You're not going to risk your multi million $$$ AAA by giving a VA role to someone with 4 mobile games under their belt and a B tier RPG. I dont know why they are able to identify actual issues then completely come to the most extreme, batshit and insane solutions/conclusions.
The removal of that poll is one of the dumber things I have seen the staff do. Regardless of what the results were people should be allowed to be wrong if you think they are wrong. You can't hold someone's hand through every single solitary mistake that they make. By removing the poll and simultaneously saying that anyone that comes into the thread to defend their choice on the poll they removed the ability for each side to inform the other of their reasoning. Which is a key part of an educated discussion.

If people come in and are unapologetic assholes about it or are being downright offensive in their views THEN take action. But don't shut don't a discussion before it ever had a chance to get started. It defeats the entire purpose of a forum.

Last edited:

Ymir

The removal of that poll is one of the dumber things I have seen the staff do. Regardless of what the results were people should be allowed to be wrong if you think they are wrong. You can't hold someone's hand through every single solitary mistake that they make. By removing the poll and simultaneously saying that anyone that comes into the thread to defend their choice on the poll they removed the ability for each side to inform the other of their reasoning. Which is a key part of an educated discussion.

If people come in and are unapologetic assholes about it or are being downright offensive in their views THEN take action. But don't shut don't a discussion before it ever had a chance to get started. It defeats the entire purpose of a forum.
It's almost like they don't want to educate people :pie_thinking:

ch4FjV9.png

Haha fuck you for being gay and not wanting to have sex with someone who identifies as your gender.

Have these people never interacted with a lesbian before? Yes, they all are actually in love with men who dress up as women...

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

On a discussion forum, the thread would involve a discussion about what the right conclusion is between the two possibilities, not the foregone conclusion about one side being correct and the other incorrect and the "discussion" being how much force to use against the incorrect conclusion for criminal wrongthink.

SkylineRKR

I was part of that discussion and its simply some North Korea shit what they did. They just weren't pleased with the results. It was like 44% for bailey and 56% against her in the case of the Naughty Dog VA issue. They wanted to see 100% SA native vs 0% anyone else. Because ND was racist as fuck. There was no other explanation for it. Not that she happened to do the best audition, no it was 100% racist. Not in the least because Druckmann pitched Mankind once, a game with only females being infected. He had an agenda and he's an evil sexist and racist man, clear cut.

The outcome was decided before the discussion started. The poll didn't sway into their direction so they removed it. Democratic. Those guys claim with a straight face they are against dictatorships, Trump et al. Yeah.

ch4FjV9.png

Haha fuck you for being gay and not wanting to have sex with someone who identifies as your gender.

This can't be serious. This is depraved.

So, if i'm reading this correctly I should love ALL women since i'm straight. So I should be able to love a guy in a female body because he now lives as a she? Sorry, no disrespecting and I accept all kinds of people, but I would throw up thinking about sex with any kind of transsexual. Its just not my thing. I feel attracted to feminine type of women who are also born woman and no one is going to force me otherwise. Who is this guy for deciding what lesbians have to love anyway? These kind of fucks have something nasty to hide, usually. Time will tell.

Insane.

Last edited:

drganon

shut-ins with no life experience

I realize I might be preaching to the choir here, but all resetera users are insane idiots.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How about no one is entitled to have others be attracted to them?

Always hated their stance on “you better be attracted to X or you’re a sexist/racist/homophobe/transphobe/Hitler!”

Imagine if someone you were dating was like “well I’m not actually attracted to you but society demands that I have to be or else I’ll be cancelled”. Yeah that’s a successful relationship.

Shantae

Banned
In fairness, the dude is extremely brittle himself.

His videos are just him crying about things.
Where he makes sure all his shit is monetized. Don't hate the player, hate the game here. I kinda hate these youtube channels also, but it's the way things are I guess. They put out "content" constantly, when all their videos are basically rants on some topic or another. I'd do that shit for free if I had the energy, but these folks make careers out of it, which is kinda annoying to be honest. Try watching that shit without adblocker, and it's ads are frequent as hell.

Edit: I also hate how people like him self-censor themselves, because they don't want to get de-monitized lol. They don't even say the simpliest fucking words. In the video posted, instead of saying nazi, he says "bad guy". Come the fuck on. He won't even say "groin" or something, he says "the area"

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Jesus.

A penis is not male genitalia.

These guys never went out, and never were involved with any kind of relationship ever.

The sadness of it all is some years ago this would've been decent stand up comedian material, but these fucks are dead serious lol.

Last edited:

LarknThe4th

The thread over there where some absolute idiot tries to compare Druckmam to Myamoto, Sakaguchi and Kojima is beyond laughable

Besides the fact that the list should probably omit Kojima although the best attempt at melding story and immense gameplay ever is by far MGS3 which is a masterpiece on the level of anything ever and is definitely top 5 of all time(a list no Naugty Dog game would ever get a sniff at) and he really needs to add Yu Suzuki, Mikami, Koizumu and Tezuka

He is praising a man because he hamfistedly shoved a non interactive story into a videogame, which limits the mediums potential and omits entirely, games that do it intelligenly(has this guy ever played Portal or the optional files in Resident Evil) and a also a director that just now is getting around to the whole... ya know..... systems based interactions reacting to you, the players feedback onscreen.... ya know the actual art of videogames.... the FUCKING GAMEPLAY!!!!

Guy should be on a fucking movie forum!

Forsythia

Thanks.

I honestly do not understand anything of this shit anymore. Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that trans men were born female and trans women were born male. Now they want the rest of the world to address them as their real gender. Sure, I'm fine, I can respect that. But why do these Reee transgenders want to be a woman with a penis and a high or low pitched voice in this game? They could create a woman and roleplay that the character was born male, and thus, being a trans woman. Why all this other bullshit and the they/them pronouns? Isn't that for non-binary people? I'm honestly baffled at this. Or are they all like the Mass Effect Andromeda character, who immediately tells people she's trans?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They’re not necessarily wrong, honestly. We should’ve normalized the 4-day work week by now. Even if it’s 10-hour days. When asked, it always sounds like people would prefer that option.

American working culture could use some improvements.

I think what I would prefer to the bog standard 40 hour work week would be a culture change in management that recognizes that work ebbs and flows in many positions to where some weeks you just don't have 40 hours of work and other weeks you have like 50-60.

There's nothing worse when you work a position where it's either:

1. Congratulations on finishing your work quickly and kicking ass! Your reward is your coworker's work so they can spend more time goofing off!
2. We arbitrarily need you to be at your desk 40 hours per week because we say so.

As people figured out by working from home during COVID, there's so much bullshitting and time wasting going on to fill up that 40 hours for a lot of positions. People are getting a "whole day" of work done in 3 hours in some situations.

I'd love somewhere where I could just get my work done and go home when the work is finished.

Whereas defining a work week as 32-36 hours seems like a hamfisted one size fits all solution.

Eevee86

They’re not necessarily wrong, honestly. We should’ve normalized the 4-day work week by now. Even if it’s 10-hour days. When asked, it always sounds like people would prefer that option.

American working culture could use some improvements.
My company tried that for a year. It ended up with me working 4 10's and 2 8's every single week. They just saw it as a way to get more hours out of people without having to pay them double time on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom