• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it time. Especially with elections coming up that site will explode in stupid.
About that, little off topic, I was sure it was going to happen because I was sure about Trump winning again. Has COVID and BLM changed things? From an outside perspective, it seems that that's not so sure anymore. People look pissed.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Did Stinkles explain the allegations about him? I've been out a few days and missed the shite, I noticed he is unbanned.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
About that, little off topic, I was sure it was going to happen because I was sure about Trump winning again. Has COVID and BLM changed things? From an outside perspective, it seems that that's not so sure anymore. People look pissed.
No it really hasn’t. The people who hated him are just louder now. Republicans are being silenced and holding their support in secret. The lib media bubble is just bigger now. As 2016 displayed, the narrative being set by the media does not represent electoral reality.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
I think the internet is a wonderful gift that likely saved us from a marxist uprising. Consider that instead of posting on Twitter or arguing in Facebook groups, tens of millions of people could be out there doing something in society, for good or evil. Instead of getting owned in a debate, seething for months and years, and then pulling the levers of The Party to eliminate the rival who embarrassed you, these zealots screech on comment-sections of videogame forums and knitting websites and never ever formulate any plans with any real consequences. Maybe because I've been reading 'Notes from Underground' and 'Demons' recently I feel as though we are not close to approaching the devious malice of Pyotr and Nikolai. They lack the impulse control necessary for true evil. They are narcissists (who almost always blow their wad before a truly big payoff).

When all the stops were pulled and every obstacle removed, CHAZ is the best they could larp. When all the brands were/are in their hands and all the lanes of communication policed, clumsily "banning" Alex Jones and putting out some razor commercial was the best they could manage. I remind myself of these things every day.

Said it before and I'll say it again: there will be a new "old Southern racist" stereotype made concerning these zealots. Instead of sitting on their porch screaming obscenities at innocent black kids walking by, they will screech at cis white kids. They will be the "racists" of the future, completely unable to handle the defeat of their ideology, clinging to the promises of the dead party, muttering "the progressives will rise again".

I completely disagree. The internet fosters radicalization that does spill over into the real world. When technology limited us to in person interactions as the primary way to socialize, your social group was limited to your family and immediate geographical region. You had to build behavioral and moral consensus within that social group or else you would be ostracized. As socialization is a basic human need, there were powerful drivers for common culture, consensus, and morals.

Now fringe behaviors and ideologies can congregate in mass online and satisfy the human need to be social with people who require no consensus building because they can believe the same thing prepackaged. Since internal change is uncomfortable, it is easier to ostracize dissenting beliefs with no introspection driven by the need to fit in.

Cancel culture is the real world impact of living online. Antifa is the real world impact of living online. The radicalization of the Democrat party is the real world impact of living online.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The radicalization of the Democrat party is the real world impact of living online.
the thing is, are they really radical? i don't see Dems refusing to sign Trump's annual budgets. i don't see Biden promising anything of value. the actual Dems are the same old do nothings. it is just the activists that make it seem radical.

the theatrics and protesters have given people this false idea of a Dem uprising. the status quo Dems like Pelosi may put on a kente cloth but they are the same old corporate Dems. years after AOC cried next to a fence her Dem colleagues continue to fund immigrant camps. don't believe the hype. the protesters are trying to trick themselves this isn't the case, and some Dems will throw them scraps of recognition, but the party is far too cowardly and hates the left too much to actually go along with any of it.

when we get closer to the election, and Biden has to actually campaign, the scales will fall from the eyes, all the people crowing about "Defund the police" will lose interest when they realize Dems are in no way going to pursue that line of policy.

Joe Biden is the candidate. Joe Biden. radical? hah.

Last edited:
Did Stinkles explain the allegations about him? I've been out a few days and missed the shite, I noticed he is unbanned.
denial-hiding-trash-under-rug-concept-truth-man-sweeping-rubbish-carpet-116920332.jpg

entremet

the thing is, are they really radical? i don't see Dems refusing to sign Trump's annual budgets. i don't see Biden promising anything of value. the actual Dems are the same old do nothings. it is just the activists that make it seem radical.

the theatrics and protesters have given people this false idea of a Dem uprising. the status quo Dems like Pelosi may put on a kente cloth but they are the same old corporate Dems. years after AOC cried next to a fence her Dem colleagues continue to fund immigrant camps. don't believe the hype. the protesters are trying to trick themselves this isn't the case, and some Dems will throw them scraps of recognition, but the party is far too cowardly and hates the left too much to actually go along with any of it.

when we get closer to the election, and Biden has to actually campaign, the scales will fall from the eyes, all the people crowing about "Defund the police" will lose interest when they realize Dems are in no way going to pursue that line of policy.

Joe Biden is the candidate. Joe Biden. radical? hah.
Let's not forget that Bernie cratered.

The suburbs are still very moderate.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I completely disagree. The internet fosters radicalization that does spill over into the real world. When technology limited us to in person interactions as the primary way to socialize, your social group was limited to your family and immediate geographical region. You had to build behavioral and moral consensus within that social group or else you would be ostracized. As socialization is a basic human need, there were powerful drivers for common culture, consensus, and morals.

Now fringe behaviors and ideologies can congregate in mass online and satisfy the human need to be social with people who require no consensus building because they can believe the same thing prepackaged. Since internal change is uncomfortable, it is easier to ostracize dissenting beliefs with no introspection driven by the need to fit in.

Cancel culture is the real world impact of living online. Antifa is the real world impact of living online. The radicalization of the Democrat party is the real world impact of living online.
It is a false consensus, and the cancel-culture leaking out of the internet only affects the acolytes who signed up for it. Much like an organized religion, those who are most vulnerable to the cult are those within it. Some innocent bystanders do indeed get hurt, but most of the damage is unwittingly aimed inward. It is the nature of purity tests.

I'm thinking long term. People who acted this way on the internet are going to be completely incapable of handling the 2020s economy. They will become increasingly jobless and will lose their influence (as they all nip at one another and act out the crabs-in-a-bucket illustration). I don't view the outbursts on social media as a sign of things to come. I view it as the dying, desperate push from orgs that cannot change with the times.

dionysus

Yaldog
It is a false consensus, and the cancel-culture leaking out of the internet only affects the acolytes who signed up for it. Much like an organized religion, those who are most vulnerable to the cult are those within it. Some innocent bystanders do indeed get hurt, but most of the damage is unwittingly aimed inward. It is the nature of purity tests.

I'm thinking long term. People who acted this way on the internet are going to be completely incapable of handling the 2020s economy. They will become increasingly jobless and will lose their influence (as they all nip at one another and act out the crabs-in-a-bucket illustration). I don't view the outbursts on social media as a sign of things to come. I view it as the dying, desperate push from orgs that cannot change with the times.

You are self-employed in agriculture? (I am not a stalker I swear but I have a vague memory of you talking about ranching or something.) I work in a conservative company in a conservative industry and cancel culture is alive in well in the company. We are doing reorg and layoffs and a diversity review board has veto power of any job selections. The selection committees are attending unconscious bias training.

My point is this stuff hasn't staid online, it is infecting all companies above a certain size and small companies too if the leaders are ideologically aligned with it.

Companies like Unilever, one of the largest ad purchasers in the world, and Coca-Cola just boycotted Facebook because they ALLOWED to much right wing posts and refused to ban or moderate Donald Trump and other politicians.

Politics is downstream of culture. They are winning the culture war.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You are self-employed in agriculture? (I am not a stalker I swear but I have a vague memory of you talking about ranching or something.) I work in a conservative company in a conservative industry and cancel culture is alive in well in the company. We are doing reorg and layoffs and a diversity review board has veto power of any job selections. The selection committees are attending unconscious bias training.
No, I also work in a similar corporate environment. Most companies are risk-averse and will hop on bandwagons. Ours also provides optional yoga classes. Doesn't mean my company embraces the religious roots of yoga. I'm not trying to dismiss the spreading brainworm of woketivism but I do not think it is rising in power. Rather, I think these are the final pushes which will happily be forgotten and awkwardly ignored in the next 10 years. Companies that continue down this path are doomed anyway.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm absolutely disgusted with the state of that site right now. I think I'm going to request an account closure because the hyper-toxicity and radical left views are really impacting my opinion of EVERYONE on that site (even the rare good ones).

Nester99

I'm absolutely disgusted with the state of that site right now. I think I'm going to request an account closure because the hyper-toxicity and radical left views are really impacting my opinion of EVERYONE on that site (even the rare good ones).

Thanks for signaling your virtue I guess?

Why not be a rational adult and just log out and don’t go back?

Ymir

So just as a refresher, what did Colin Moriarty do that he's a Nazi/white supremacist? Because now Druckmann who is jewish is now also a Nazi for being friends with him and needs to be cancelled.

Also going on about how Moriarty would hate Ellie and last of us as a series due to his hatred of women but he gave it a 10/10 when he was at IGN. Sooooooooooooo...

It's amazing how easily they deflect facts to continue to push their narrative.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
looks like they are dogpiling Terry Crews once again. everyone prep the "Uncle Tom"/"shuck n jive"/ liberal racism Era loves to bring out

thank God they banned this hateful person for agreeing with a black man on BLM

296GM2F.png

go away you hatemonger!

gZ07vLV.png

ah yes doubling down on racist tapdancing dogwhistles to shame a black man THIS IS WHAT THE THREAD IS FOR OUT WITH YOUR LOGIC

ETwTi5x.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, this is such an ERA thread

Closed after three pages because of the reports. Can't wait to see who will get banned.

It has the usual: You can't be racist against whites stuff as a bonus.

Apparantly racism = prejudice + power, hence POC can't be racist.

Is this some new definition of racism that nobody but ERA uses?

Hilarious. They absolutely cannot look at anything, including history, except through the lens of modern day radical American Intersectional Feminism and Critical Race Theory.

Ymir

looks like they are dogpiling Terry Crews once again. everyone prep the "Uncle Tom"/"shuck n jive"/ liberal racism Era loves to bring out

thank God they banned this hateful person for agreeing with a black man on BLM

296GM2F.png

go away you hatemonger!

gZ07vLV.png

ah yes doubling down on racist tapdancing dogwhistles to shame a black man THIS IS WHAT THE THREAD IS FOR OUT WITH YOUR LOGIC

ETwTi5x.png
Excuse you, I'm pretty sure the politically correct terminology is a "coon". Still amazing they call themselves champions of minorities while through around more racial slurs than actual racists I've met.

Edit: Lol that post above mine but they're the ones FIGHTING racism. Scum

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

what the fuck? Repay?

But this shit is actually going on in Holland right now. As known we've occupied lands (such as Indonesia) and sucked some colonies dry during the golden age. There are people who want to bring statues down of certain figureheads from that timeline, boycott street names named after them etc. Those people are in our ranks. Our wealth and society is built on it. It happened 300 or 400 years ago. And history doesn't get erased by removing it or paying up.

But whats next, sending the Germans a bill for occupying us a mere 70 years ago? Wars happened. Learn from history and move the fuck on.

And besides, i'm not going to feel responsible for what my ancestors once did in ancient history. I had nothing to do with it. Remembering and ensuring it won't happen again, yes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
edit: moving to more relevant thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkylineRKR

European countries stole billions and killed millions not that long ago even. And white people be like you know who's going to pay for and who gets the payment bulshit. White people ain't shitt man

He's not banned. Ofcourse not. But those who call him out are instantly banned.

Absolutely fucking 100% racist.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

concern trolling is answering with a fact they can't break down. So they simply silence you. Its a load of nothing.

The real meaning of it is pretending as if you're on their side but you aren't. Which isn't even the case here. They're just doing shit.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It seems like such a lazy way to moderate stuff.

"Hey here's my thoughts on X on this discussion forum!"

"nah that's actually not what you think about X. *BANNED*"

"Wait what?"
That's how the whole ideology operates. When they can't stand behind their own arguments, they instead have to cross their arms and snidely tell you what your argument is.

"So you're saying...."
Unconscious bias / unconscious racism
Dogwhistling
Gaslighting

They consistently make it their mission to describe both sides of the argument, annihilate any nuance or voice that goes against their rigid description of the situation, pass their righteous judgment, and then move straight to the dogma/activism phase of the topic.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for signaling your virtue I guess?

Why not be a rational adult and just log out and don’t go back?

It's not about me being irrational or trying to "virtue signal".

I didn't join that site on the basis of radical views. The site was founded on principals that CLEARLY got thrown out the window once the community was "established". It's turned into, "Fuck you because you don't agree with me you hateful bigoted piece of shit."

So I would prefer that I don't have my name associated with a site that glorifies that attitude. While there are some OK threads that I enjoy posting in and getting info from, I can get similar info on Reddit or here or...Anywhere else.

This thread should be enough to show you that I'm not alone in my opinion of what that site has become.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Lol, this is such an ERA thread

Closed after three pages because of the reports. Can't wait to see who will get banned.

It has the usual: You can't be racist against whites stuff as a bonus.

Apparantly racism = prejudice + power, hence POC can't be racist.

Is this some new definition of racism that nobody but ERA uses?

Such a goldmine of

Bannings continue until morale improves racism is fixed

Literally every single country on this earth is built through war, oppression and subjugation. Every corporation makes profits like that. Every government and ruler operates based on haves and have nots. It’s the human condition.

SkylineRKR

Bunny girl who isn't in it to show off her features, who was obviously being abused by Mike Z, is now being canceled on Ree right now.

Oprah cancel gif.

Last edited:

DogofWar

It seems like such a lazy way to moderate stuff.

"Hey here's my thoughts on X on this discussion forum!"

"nah that's actually not what you think about X. *BANNED*"

"Wait what?"

I am a moderator on a music forum and I will start enforcing this rule.

"No that band is not better than my favorite band. You are obviously trolling"
And then ban them.

I had to go to the source and see it for myself since I thought all of you were pulling my legs with photoshoped screenshots or something but Resetera really is on this level. The worst example of an echo chamber I have ever seen online.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Bunny girl who isn't in it to show off her features, who was obviously being abused by Mike Z, is now being canceled on Ree right now.

Oprah cancel gif.
Of course. Look at her. She's the type they all fap to and dream about but she wouldn't touch any of those simps with a ten-foot pole.

Mossybrew

The Terry Crews and JK Rowling threads are great examples of the simmering rage in that forum that is ready to lash out, they can't wait to get in their "fuck this person they need to shut the fuck up" commentary. They gladly label others as hateful and phobic but seem completely oblivious to this super hostile smug self righteous attitude that they swim in like sharks looking for blood.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The Terry Crews and JK Rowling threads are great examples of the simmering rage in that forum that is ready to lash out, they can't wait to get in their "fuck this person they need to shut the fuck up" commentary. They gladly label others as hateful and phobic but seem completely oblivious to this super hostile smug self righteous attitude that they swim in like sharks looking for blood.
How can anyone dislike Terry Crews? He is a fucking treasure.
Did Crackdown 3 hurt people that much? Was it ACAB (all cop actors bastards)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom