• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

600Breezy

The people trying bait people into eating bans are kind of making me laugh now. Because people caught onto what they were doing and instead have just ignored them completely. Can't get banned of you don't say anything and it's infuriating them lol

DEBATE ME

No

DEBATE ME

No

YOUR LACK OF COMMENTS ON THE MATTER IS SUS AS FUCK AND I AM OFFENDED BY YOUR SILENCE

lmao they have completely melted down over it.

I’m 100% certain some pm’s went around saying to ignore them in the thread and they have imploded.

they want them banned when they engage, and now they want them banned when they don’t engage either 😂😂😂

Dorohedoro

Eh, reminds of that time when they were creating threads with titles like "You can't stop this".
Don't remember the outrage but they were obviously inspired by TLOU2.
It was some shit revolving around AsianEra. Pretty sure they were all white people offended on their behalf as per usual but yeah.

I dont even know why black chamber buckled and replied to the mob, he was doing just fine.
I know right? He just had to give in to those screechers who are out for blood.

So now they want to take the forum hostage
giphy.gif
It probably would pay off, the lunatics run the asylum.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
lmao they have completely melted down over it.

I’m 100% certain some pm’s went around saying to ignore them in the thread and they have imploded.

they want them banned when they engage, and now they want them banned when they don’t engage either 😂😂😂
I do appreciate the mods standing their ground on not banning discussion though and that they have banned several of the ones who were attacking others.

The OT when the game launches is going to be a 17 ring circus. You are going to have people talking about the cosmetics, their characters, the clothes, etc etc and then Banshee and Kyuuji are going to just be screeching on every page apparently posting the same information. Which is fine at first, but at a certain point it's just spamming and trolling.

God help the staff if someone posts a picture of a trans character they created. All hell will break loose.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Like honestly shouldn'tthey be rewarded for at least attempting to makethe game transgendered inclusive? Like everything else in the game is gritty but anyone who has a dick and tits needs to be like this pure angel or something

Ionian

If only Jdubbs could come back from his lunch break and stop posting from under his desk.

One can only hope.

Longest lunch-break ever.

Last edited:

benjipwns

Banned
To understand the ResetERA.com (and almost solely them) reasons they formed a transvoltron to attack this game over all others and won't let it go you have to look at the intersectionality of this game:
-It's not an exclusive to a platform.
-Even worse, it's not on a Nintendo platform.
-It's not made in the U.S. or Japan. And despite their expansion CDPR still has Eastern European sensibilities to it.
-CDPR already had "strikes" against them for the worst crime on earth, making fun of game journalists.
-The game has been shrouded in secrecy and taking forever allowing YEARS of speculation on literally everything about it.
-Combined with a Cyberpunk game being apparently a "dream" game for many, making it a juicy target. Leading to freedom to fill pages with "it's not TRUE cyberpunk if [my personal views aren't the games]"
-They tried to put in gender fluidity and trans options. Which will never satisfy the mob which prefers being angry loudly to being accepted silently.

That Harry Potter game is similar to a lot of these. They need these wins to be able to content control on smaller things easier. If they can get wins on things this large, against publishers like Warner and CDPR, then it's easy for five or six people to get anything banned off ResetERA.com. And if they can't, their power is not absolute, it's weak, they can't trust their ability to force bans when and where they wish. The game release coming soon just means they need to get more desperate in their attempts to grab a win here before the game comes out and it maybe isn't transphobic enough or maybe is even a pinnacle of the genre's respect for trans people. Hence, why they're lashing out against the mods/admins and accusing them of being transphobic enablers and scrambling to find some acceptable annonying way of protesting the game even if only for a couple days.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Like the CDPR twitter made some Apache helicopter joke. Admittedly, not a good look, then they implemented transgendered characters into the game but it wasnt good enough because the pronouns or something weren't editable then the voice didnt match or something now they wanted to show off a cosplayer of the transgendered character but oh no the cosplayer is cisgendered!!!

Like please just play a different game holy shit

nush

Gold Member
Like honestly shouldn'tthey be rewarded for at least attempting to makethe game transgendered inclusive? Like everything else in the game is gritty but anyone who has a dick and tits needs to be like this pure angel or something

They won't be happy until Lara Croft is retconed as being trans all along... who am I trying to kid? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Like the CDPR twitter made some Apache helicopter joke. Admittedly, not a good look, then they implemented transgendered characters into the game but it wasnt good enough because the pronouns or something weren't editable then the voice didnt match or something now they wanted to show off a cosplayer of the transgendered character but oh no the cosplayer is cisgendered!!!

WTF is cisgendered? I can't keep up and I'm too scared to google it.

teezzy

Banned
I still refuse to believe Banshee is a real person. 100% troll in my opinion.

You'd be shocked. The problem is that people like this, troll or not, get in the subconscious of others as they attempt to out-woke one another. Eventually they begin to adapt stranger beliefs as they fall down the rabbit hole. I've met people just as wacked out IRL here in the trendier parts of Detroit.

Big reason why I started dipping my toe in more conservative waters. I got sick of the madness.

It's fascinating how the biggest drama's over there are always coming from the trans activists/non-binaries. They're going to implode over Cyberpunk and Harry Potter, but Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11 went under the radar even tho you could argue that those games had more homophobia linked to them.

I think there was no turning back after the apache helicopter joke, once you screw up that's it. And honestly it's a very boring joke that has been done a thousand times. But now the whole company gets it because the twitter guy thought he was being funny.

I also don't understand why they want to ban talk about the game, people are going to play it anyway so what are you really accomplishing here.

Dav-Kripler

Etika in summary;

1KnE7b5.png
Insane... And frankly heart breaking. I hate to get serious for a second, but the sad thing is that this "safe space" is consistently driving
people in need of genuine help to extreme and irreversible behavior. I worry it's going to get a lot worse there as the year comes to a climax.

Personally, coming back to gaf and especially going through this thread has felt like waking up from a bad dream.

Does anyone think era could ever return to being safe or even (😳) fun to engage with?

Nobody_Important

You'd be shocked. The problem is that people like this, troll or not, get in the subconscious of others as they attempt to out-woke one another. Eventually they begin to adapt stranger beliefs as they fall down the rabbit hole. I've met people just as wacked out IRL here in the trendier parts of Detroit.

Big reason why I started dipping my toe in more conservative waters. I got sick of the madness.

Its not what they say that makes me think it. Its how they say it, when they say it, and where they say it. They are a staple of the feedback thread and the criticize thread. They self deprecate and self doubt in order to garner support and feels from others. And its not the cries for help that I have seen before on there.

For example:

The time they "felt so defeated" but then in the same breath "Oh btw I totally have another thread you should check out!". Feeling defeated, but not defeated enough to be above self advertising their threads for attention.

Banshee McTroll said:
Reading all these messages have kind of shocked me I'm glad folks are latching on to what I started. I just felt so defeated yesterday that I really didn't feel like posting at all. I'm going to keep trying to make threads when something comes up and currently
this thread is my current objective to make another serious issue known.

Or the time they bragged about a thread of theirs being pinned and then proceeded to assume their new outrage thread would also be pinned because its them. Once again notice the way they open the thread again. "I'm back!" "its me again!" etc etc

Banshee McTroll said:
Hey, Era I'm back with another thread to talk about some murky feelings I've been meaning to get off my chest.
As you know I made a massive thread that's still pinned about how poorly treated minorities on era are treated and the low key racism and bigotry that occurs on the site.

(btw that "massive" thread was like 3 pages at that point I believe. But yeah...."massive")

Then later on in that thread on post #40 they just assume their thread is gonna be pinned because of course it is.

Banshee McTroll said:
ask staff I assume low activity which is unfortunately expected however I do believe era needs a place for minorities to air their grievances.
or I assume this one will be pinned instead I have no idea tbh.
Edit: i want to also say that even if that threads not pinned those issues are still very relevant.(they have not disappeared )

The pinned thread in question also opens up with them self promoting

Hiya gaming era it is I the spookiest motherfucker you ever met who also made a thread just two days ago about trans issues in eras community. (I'm not exactly great at making threads )
this thread
Hey it's minority mental health awareness month
Hey era I figured it would be apt if I placed a link to this thread on the current one. It is Minority mental health awareness month and it's important that all of you deserve to get the love and support you deserve.
Link to thread

And those are just the examples I can think of off the top of my head. Nobody else on the site who routinely calls out what they believe to be offensive behavior does this. Just Banshee. Not even Kyuuji or Excel. Banshee is just as interested in getting attention and self promoting than they are about the things they are supposedly offended by. That's not even mentioning the fact that they have recently turned ban begging into a sport.

So yeah in my eyes there is no way they are genuine in their attempts to "better" the community. They are just trolling for internet points and lulz.

Last edited:

Dav-Kripler

Damn, look at those:

They need to calm down. It's only a game.
That's not even out yet 🤦

nush

Gold Member
Does anyone think era could ever return to being safe or even (😳) fun to engage with?

No, it's rotten to the core. It was built on a mission statement that got thrown out the moment they realized they had corralled all of GAFs members that they thought they were going to get. It's following the same trajectory as many former dead communities have. It's been discussed at length here already and there's been no course correction at all just doubling down.

The owner set it up just to rinse as much profit from that community as possible. When things started to get more difficult he bailed out and put a fall guy in charge. The loudest voices with the most performative outrage from the protected minority groups are allowed to run wild. Sorry Asian Era, not you, go back to being a model minority.

Now the crazies have got a firm foothold on the Gaming side it's only a matter of time before the lure of high activity and breaking news just won't be worth hanging around for. I can't see it dissapering from the internet any time while it's still making money. when it stops being profitable it will be sold off and slide into irrelevancy.

recma12

Nobody_Important Nobody_Important

yeah the troll theory is very plausible.
Another theory of mine is that banshee is some kind prominent member of a different LGBT message board and some mods/admins know him from there.
That would explain why they pinned his stuff... a treatment not even Excelsior and Crossing Eden get.

What really freaks me out about banshee is the language he uses.
Sounds like a Russian AI bot mimicking the language used by ERA users. No punctuation, lots of clumsy sentence construction.
I’d bet 10€ that he isn’t an English native speaker.

edit: just looked at the stats

Banshee joined in late Feb 2020 and only has 615 messages.
Other prominent members get 600 messages per week easily.
Banshee must have as many threads as posts. Weird as fuck.

Also hard to explain how he did rise to such prominence on era without posting a ton.... 600 posts in 8 months is just 2 posts per day on average ....

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Another theory of mine is that banshee is some kind prominent member of a different LGBT message board and some mods/admins know him from there.
That would explain why they pinned his stuff... a treatment not even Excelsior and Crossing Eden get.

Sounds like a Russian AI bot mimicking the language used by ERA users. No punctuation, lots of clumsy sentence construction.

My money would be on a them just a low level troll. Possibly even a young kid. The ego and the grammar point to it. That or english isn't their first language.

recma12

My money would be on a them just a low level troll. Possibly even a young kid. The ego and the grammar point to it. That or english isn't their first language.

The mods on era are paranoid as fuck and read GAF/Kiwi.

highly doubt that they would pin threads by new members with a few hundred posts unless they did some vetting or received a referral.
If it’s a troll he must be some 4D chess master that gained the trust of these idiots.

anyways, fascinating as fuck. Can’t wait for Nov 19th (and I’m not talking PS5 EU release lol)

Garjon

It's fascinating how the biggest drama's over there are always coming from the trans activists/non-binaries. They're going to implode over Cyberpunk and Harry Potter, but Persona 5 and Dragon Quest 11 went under the radar even tho you could argue that those games had more homophobia linked to them.

I think there was no turning back after the apache helicopter joke, once you screw up that's it. And honestly it's a very boring joke that has been done a thousand times. But now the whole company gets it because the twitter guy thought he was being funny.

I also don't understand why they want to ban talk about the game, people are going to play it anyway so what are you really accomplishing here.
What's daft is that the official Sonic Twitter account made the exact same joke and no one batted an eyelid.

There might actually be a valid discussion to be had about whether the game actually is offensive, but some people aren't remotely interested in having it, they just want to hate on it.

cormack12

Gold Member
I think Banshee is a new troll and the mods got onto it too late and the militant members aplaud them because they think they are real. So the mods are trapped knowing it's a troll account but can't wipe it because there will be ketkat levels of crying. How come we can't see the community feedback thread that keeps getting linked - does that need an account or is it private? Why are there no caps. Save me kiwiz

Nobody_Important

I think Banshee is a new troll and the mods got onto it too late and the militant members aplaud them because they think they are real. So the mods are trapped knowing it's a troll account but can't wipe it because there will be ketkat levels of crying. How come we can't see the community feedback thread that keeps getting linked - does that need an account or is it private? Why are there no caps. Save me kiwiz
The feedback thread is members only. The staff decided that it was best. They thought that outside forums would use the thread as a source of trolling and lulz.

Can't imagine why they think that though...:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Gold Member
God I really hope they get CDPR banned on there. That'll be the tipping point.
I think so too, the silence from the admin / mods is telling. They are probably scratching their heads right now wondering how the fuck to get out of this hole. They have created this SJW “haven” but soon all games will be “problematic” for one group or another and anyone that actually goes there for gaming news / discussion will bounce in a heartbeat.

Your reap what you sow...

lmimmfn

edit: just looked at the stats

Banshee joined in late Feb 2020 and only has 615 messages.
Other prominent members get 600 messages per week easily.
Banshee must have as many threads as posts. Weird as fuck.

Also hard to explain how he did rise to such prominence on era without posting a ton.... 600 posts in 8 months is just 2 posts per day on average ....
Looks like a protected member given an alt, Stinkles maybe? :messenger_face_screaming:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Christmastree55 banned!

He/Him/HIS

I bet HE was disappointed there aren’t more specific pronouns to declare.

Wait a sec.
Does this mean that trans people... are not regular? :messenger_face_screaming::messenger_face_screaming:

Sorry, but how do you have SEVERAL trans members on staff, unless you specifically recruit them?
They are specifically recruited.

I remember in the very early days of Era there was a tweet going around with screenshots of alleged messages of a person applying as a mod and listing the usual list of prerequisites. The tweeter commented something like “They are more worried about checking boxes than anything else”. Could have been fake, of course, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom