• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Incredible.

esImAAE.jpg

ZDrIsXx.jpg

YdhBRlf.jpg

7Mz1CeR.jpg

What a fucking circus. Incredible mix of virtue signalling, ass kissing, circle-jerking, and self-promotion, all for a mind-bogglingly meaningless move.

And yes, thank you Black Chamber and vestan. Hopefully they can recover from the incredible sacrifice of having the thread locked for a single day.

Locking a thread for *a day* is "putting the Trans Community first!" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seriously, though. How do you declare something irredeemably transphobic to the point of warranting PSA's and action, such as thread shutdowns, but still allow discussion about it to otherwise move forward as if all is right? This is what people mean when they use the word "virtue signaling."

Either they don't actually believe the bullshit they are spewing and are just doing it for woke points, or they do believe it, but prioritize things other than justice and "what's right," making them a bunch of shithead hypocrites. Either way is a losing situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

Gold Member
Masterful trolling. Needs an update because you can just vaguepost and still get a hugbox.

4mNGNqu.jpg

dSsFQJ7.png

5qyUE1b.png

gqdhaET.png

Not getting enough attention on max trolling? Better quote the hottest most popular person that's responded and ignore everyone else.

0ozCLsD.png

Good work on writing someones lyrics for them if they want to compose an Emo teen pop classic though.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Masterful trolling. Needs an update because you can just vaguepost and still get a hugbox.

4mNGNqu.jpg

dSsFQJ7.png

5qyUE1b.png

gqdhaET.png

Not getting enough attention on max trolling? Better quote the hottest most popular person that's responded and ignore everyone else.

0ozCLsD.png

Good work on writing someones lyrics for them if they want to compose an Emo teen pop classic though.
Bruh what if a mod from there sees this!

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Incredible.

esImAAE.jpg

ZDrIsXx.jpg

YdhBRlf.jpg

7Mz1CeR.jpg

What a fucking circus. Incredible mix of virtue signalling, ass kissing, circle-jerking, and self-promotion, all for a mind-bogglingly meaningless move.

And yes, thank you Black Chamber and vestan. Hopefully they can recover from the incredible sacrifice of having the thread locked for a single day.
I would be lying if I said I didn't laugh out loud when I saw that modpost. Locking the thread for a single day....the day after launch. Most people would be just playing the game anyway so it just gives them even more time to play it before they can come back and share their thoughts. I know exactly what's going to happen though. Most of the people who will be posting in the Cyberpunk thread will not be prominent in the various awareness threads. So the people will probably STILL be upset at them, call them out and complain. They will just use their lack of posting as "proof" of something when in reality most of them were probably just too busy playing the game to post on Era.

Now things will get REALLY bad if the awareness threads are relatively dead like last time. They will really be pissed off then and the mods will have a busy day I think.

Last edited:

Khilandros

wtf, this has to be a troll. After all their posts and complaints and they are pleased by ONE day...the day EVERYONE will be too busy playing the game to care at all...wow!

I can't wait to see the release day, lol

Last edited:

Cracklox

I for one, am happy with their one day OT ban. It'll allow me to actually dig into the game on release day without the temptation of going to check out that shitshow. I have a feeling I'll lose some playtime after that though. The chicanery in there might nearly be as epic as the game itself.

More evidence of him being a troll and now an Aussie which matches up with previous troll accounts like DJKhaled. GG Banshee GG.

Uh oh. That's my neck of the woods. I wish I could troll that elaborately, but alas, it's not me.

They are legitimately talking about Trump FLEEING TO RUSSIA to escape.. what? The crimes he was found not guilty of?

Oof. TDS over there is on another level. I do enjoy stoking some of their worst instincts though.

Ionian

4mNGNqu.jpg

dSsFQJ7.png

5qyUE1b.png

gqdhaET.png

0ozCLsD.png

Haha, bloody hell. If the mods spent more time on their own site and less looking at what others are saying the site would be better.

That isn't free advice C Cerium , you owe me at least 1k for that introspective.

(I do discounts if you want them in bulk)

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Locking a thread for *a day* is "putting the Trans Community first!" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Seriously, though. How do you declare something irredeemably transphobic to the point of warranting PSA's and action, such as thread shutdowns, but still allow discussion about it to otherwise move forward as if all is right? This is what people mean when they use the word "virtue signaling."

Either they don't actually believe the bullshit they are spewing and are just doing it for woke points, or they do believe it, but prioritize things other than justice and "what's right," making them a bunch of shithead hypocrites. Either way is a losing situation.

That's why it's more about control and trolling than about actually caring.

The game, it's devs and their marketing team are SO transphobic that discussion on the game needs to be disallowed. Not so transphobic that this should be for more than one day though.

Haha. Just ban the game if it's that bad.

Its more about making sure people know that they basically have "permission" to discuss the game at an agreed time and are not allowed to discuss it at another time.

Its kind of funny when all things are considered that by shutting down the thread people will just have more time to play the game and as soon as the thread opens up people will be itching to discuss it even more.

iNvid02

Reading era is like the peak gaf days with shitposters, its truly satisfying to read knowing that the cucking sounds emanating from the echo chamber are meaningless

Just as expected the recent cyberpunk threads have sparked ideas of banning big game coverage, with a few realists aptly pointing out thats never going to happen

Daffy Duck

It just amazes me that they just freely move from thing to the next, so the game has an orange car in it with an “01” on the side and it’s instantly problematic, straight to posts like this

I’m just flabbergasted, like back in the 80s I loved that car, it was cool as fuck, hell I still think it’s cool now, but apparently “YoU cAnT tHiNk ThAt” it’s problematic. Fuck me, and no I’m not talking about the flag on the top, just the orange car in general.

Also seems we have a new player in the arena too.

Last edited:

Nameless

What's utterly insane about all this is we are pretty much all liberals on Era. It's not like they're educating or 'sticking it to' those who are actually hateful or intolerant towards trans folks. We're talking about a group who I'd wager is among the top 10-20% most tolerant people on the planet when it comes to the LGBT community. For better or worse these are your allies(or potential allies) who you're demonizing/alienating/silencing/banning, and for what, really? If it genuinely makes people feel better to see any action taken, however inconsequential or misplaced, okay, I guess, but this all seems incredibly shortsighted on several leves. Down to the original grievance complaining about a hyper-capitalist, hyper-exploitative cyberpunk dystopia sexualizing & fetishizing all flavors of people while peddling dumb consumer goods like energy drinks.

Seriously, what's the end result? So what, people are going to spend that much more time on the 20th engaging with CDPR's 'vile transphobic hit piece' instead of observing a forced censorship holiday or supporting Era via ad views? Way to raise visibility. In reality all they're doing is spurring resentment and/or conditioning people to ignore similar mine fields & gotcha witchhunts going forward.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I’m just flabbergasted, like back in the 80s I loved that car, it was cool as fuck, hell I still think it’s cool now, but apparently “YoU cAnT tHiNk ThAt” it’s problematic. Fuck me, and no I’m not talking about the flag on the top, just the orange car in general.
That's all we cared about on a Saturday afternoon in shitty 80's Britain. Daisy Duke was fit, Boss Hogg was fat and stupid, waiting for the car jump in every episode and America was a cool country far away we could never afford to go to.

watch this series Daffy.

UnNamed

Banned
I love the sheer arrogance of “That sounds acceptable to me as a starting point”
This happen when you deliberately create a community to give importance and value to people who normally are inepts and losers: they actually think they worth as everyone else, they need what others have (without fighting of course, because what others achieved is because of "privilege", not because hard working) and they want more.

Ionian

That's all we cared about on a Saturday afternoon in shitty 80's Britain. Daisy Duke was fit, Boss Hogg was fat and stupid, waiting for the car jump in every episode and America was a cool country far away we could never afford to go to.

watch this series Daffy.

Can't believe you forgot Ulysess31 on C4 (after mass on a Sunday) when all you had was Wonder -Woman on a Saturday.

Troubling times, don't even ask me about 'The-Hulk'.

Edit: Monkey Magic too.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

Wonder how long this will be open for :)

nush

Gold Member

"Locked, please take feedback to the feedback topic" so we can ignore it and nobody will see it...

Shout-out to the trashfire of freethinkers!

dJD56f1.png

Last edited:

lmimmfn

And gone

*Edit* Damn, im slow today :)

Last edited:

Misc

Do they... do they think all Dodge Chargers are named after General Lee?

yes, couldn't wait for the next manufactured outrage. Replicas of this car has appeared in tons of games, and their appearance only became an issue because of the confederate flag on the roof, which most of these games have removed anyways. Resetera users however need to move the goalpost further and find something "problematic!!!" anywhere.

What's next, should we erase all Chargers from existence?

MXFohsu.jpg

Fucking hell.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at casual anti-Semitism/holocaust downplaying from Ree, after all these aren't the right type of minorities, but this is just vile.

These people are the absolute fringe of society, a shitstain on the underpants of humanity. They're literally in that thread calling for someone to be banned for no reason other than having a Ciri avatar, presumably because while she's a strong woman lead she wasn't born with a cock.

Pathetic.

Nameless

Imagine catching a 1 month ban for this:

A very well put together thread OP.

I think the tweets speak of an ignorance in the company and CDPR really need to educate their staff, particularly the PR staff. I’m also glad they fired the GoG employee.

That being said, the in-game representations are more open for interpretation. I do not believe there is any intent to discriminate (but perhaps some ignorance) and I will wait to play the game to understand more of the context.

I think Cyberpunk is a dystopia and sex/gender is going to be a big topic for discussion particularly with the possibility of body augmentation. Ignoring it would be more wrong.

Finally, the dialogue being tied to voice tone, I am sure is an oversight earlier in the development. It seems like a practical element to do with dialogue mapping and I imagine modifying this for such a huge amount of dialogue would be a colossal undertaking. I think the OP will need to accept that for 99% of people, this won’t impact their experience. This is not a CDPR issue and I can’t think of many games that cater to a transgender audience in this way (but please correct me if I’m wrong)."

He's not being rude, dismissive, or hateful , simply bringing some well reasoned counterpoints to the table that moderation and co. just get to deem invalid or squashed with out actually refuting anything.

I haven't seen a single good argument on why a cyberpunk dystopia shouldn't feature the foundational characteristics of cyberpunk dystopias, but people there have just decided to make it so and arrogantly pretend like it's a fact – muzzling anyone who dares to disagree.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Just noticed that guys called black chamber. Isnt that thr guy on era doing the OT and stuff? Now getting harassed on their twitter account? Stay classy era posters. Harass those trying to make the forum a place to discuss the latest and greatest games

Lol it is as well, scum

s6IhYHG.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed that guys called black chamber. Isnt that thr guy on era doing the OT and stuff? Now getting harassed on their twitter account? Stay classy era posters. Harass those trying to make the forum a place to discuss the latest and greatest games

Lol it is as well, scum

s6IhYHG.jpg
It's why he never should have acquiesced to them, it will never be good enough. Too many people still haven't realized you can't ever placate the woke mob.

ERA Admin is about to experience this as well, with their upcoming "Day of Virtue Signaling" on 11/20. (i.e. "it's a good start")

cormack12

Gold Member
It's why he never should have acquiesced to them, it will never be good enough. Too many people still haven't realized you can't ever placate the woke mob.

ERA Admin is about to experience this as well, with their upcoming "Day of Virtue Signaling" on 11/20. (i.e. "it's a good start")

I just realised the person giving him shit off site is messofanego another era poster.....now what will the admins and mods do about this creepy shit stalking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom