• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What's utterly insane about all this is we are pretty much all liberals on Era. It's not like they're educating or 'sticking it to' those who are actually hateful or intolerant towards trans folks. We're talking about a group who I'd wager is among the top 10-20% most tolerant people on the planet when it comes to the LGBT community. For better or worse these are your allies(or potential allies) who you're demonizing/alienating/silencing/banning, and for what, really?

The vibe I always got was that these extremists feel that Era is a filthy “centrist” board and that there are alt-right agents hiding everywhere.

They don’t see these people as allies but as a cancer to be found and cut out because everyone is really a secret bigot.

What's utterly insane about all this is we are pretty much all liberals on Era. It's not like they're educating or 'sticking it to' those who are actually hateful or intolerant towards trans folks. We're talking about a group who I'd wager is among the top 10-20% most tolerant people on the planet when it comes to the LGBT community. For better or worse these are your allies(or potential allies) who you're demonizing/alienating/silencing/banning, and for what, really? If it genuinely makes people feel better to see any action taken, however inconsequential or misplaced, okay, I guess, but this all seems incredibly shortsighted on several leves. Down to the original grievance complaining about a hyper-capitalist, hyper-exploitative cyberpunk dystopia sexualizing & fetishizing all flavors of people while peddling dumb consumer goods like energy drinks.

Seriously, what's the end result? So what, people are going to spend that much more time on the 20th engaging with CDPR's 'vile transphobic hit piece' instead of observing a forced censorship holiday or supporting Era via ad views? Way to raise visibility. In reality all they're doing is spurring resentment and/or conditioning people to ignore similar mine fields & gotcha witchhunts going forward.

Indeed. By taking it so far to the extreme, by demonizing everyone who has a slightly differing opinion, by banning all discussions that implies the entire theme isn't necessarily black and white... these situations happen when you either say word by word what others said before or you stay silent (though in this case even those who said nothing were attacked), else you get piled on, mass reported. I have had 20k+ posts on Era, but to permaban me they had to go back to that one time 2 years earlier that I posted a copy-pasta meme that could be interpreted as transphobic if viewed with no context. So it does not matter to me that I always spoke up against authoritarian governments, that I did my best to help minority communities on the site, that I called out a lot of vile shit done against discriminated folks around the world. No, my permaban had to include "transphobe" because of one meme an eternity ago.

Fortunately, I am not the kind of person that will change political and social views based on the vile treatment a forum reserved me. But yes, this is not how you make allies. Banning everyone making a question, piling on everyone who isn't 100% agreeing, even going as far as insulting those who dare enjoying this game instead of talking about the bad shit, as if all Apple phone threads, all Rockstar game threads and such forced people to put a disclaimer about them being against the terrible stuff done by said companies. It's a sad state of affairs all in all because I legitimately am on board with a lot of the stuff Era stands for, but they're killing any chance of decent discussions with this moderation.

Dorohedoro

MXFohsu.jpg

Fucking hell.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at casual anti-Semitism/holocaust downplaying from Ree, after all these aren't the right type of minorities, but this is just vile.

These people are the absolute fringe of society, a shitstain on the underpants of humanity. They're literally in that thread calling for someone to be banned for no reason other than having a Ciri avatar, presumably because while she's a strong woman lead she wasn't born with a cock.

Pathetic.
iwl36evxxk1k.gif

It was only a matter of time before Trump and Hitler found themselves in a CDPR thread...

One of the site's worst, in fact.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went running to the mods saying Black Chamber is dismissing concerns over racism in CP2077 on twitter, and he should be punished. In fact, these fucking jokers wouldn't stop at banning CP2077 discussion on Ree if they had their way, they would also ban everyone who's mentioned being excited for it.

Astral Dog

What's utterly insane about all this is we are pretty much all liberals on Era. It's not like they're educating or 'sticking it to' those who are actually hateful or intolerant towards trans folks. We're talking about a group who I'd wager is among the top 10-20% most tolerant people on the planet when it comes to the LGBT community. For better or worse these are your allies(or potential allies) who you're demonizing/alienating/silencing/banning, and for what, really? If it genuinely makes people feel better to see any action taken, however inconsequential or misplaced, okay, I guess, but this all seems incredibly shortsighted on several leves. Down to the original grievance complaining about a hyper-capitalist, hyper-exploitative cyberpunk dystopia sexualizing & fetishizing all flavors of people while peddling dumb consumer goods like energy drinks.

Seriously, what's the end result? So what, people are going to spend that much more time on the 20th engaging with CDPR's 'vile transphobic hit piece' instead of observing a forced censorship holiday or supporting Era via ad views? Way to raise visibility. In reality all they're doing is spurring resentment and/or conditioning people to ignore similar mine fields & gotcha witchhunts going forward.
Thats the worst really they can't even stand each other and are always fighting as a community, and over VIDEOGAMES they hate each other wich is a little sad, instead of having fun together, supporting the lgbt/Asian/Black communities, celebrate videogames in fun ways, help each other or educate their members, etc.

But no instead we just have this daily circus 🤡 its an awful toxic place that breeds hate and contempt

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
wow! just imagine the outrage they will be able to mine ONCE THEY HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE GAME

if you need any more evidence these are anti intellectual weirdos, here it is. they've spent 5 threads bitching about a game that doesn't even exist yet.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

It’s fascinating that we’re at the point as well that this game (being based on a table top Game) isn’t in fact cyberpunk at all, despite having the creator on board, and they know all this without having played a single second of the game and having being shown (in all honesty) fuck all of the game, oh but wait...you can’t “shutdown” (love the strong word usage here)conversation using that as a defence either

It’s also going to be whole lot more worse as well

They’re salivating at the prospect of getting months of content out of this game at launch

#Phonepunk#

Banned
look at the self censorship. you can't even say "i will form my own opinion when the game comes out"

"EVERYONE CAN SEE THAT YOU POSTED YOU WILL MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND YOU HATEFUL SCUM"

what a terrible, oppressive place to post.

lWYhoY3.jpg

QcAizc7.jpg

ajzBGnB.jpg

LOL critical thinking is "galaxy brain shit" to these lunatics

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i do like the irony of all these people judging a game based on outward appearances. the irony of the pre judging a game that they don't really know, and calling it hateful.

you just imagine, what if we treated people like that? if we pre judged them before we got to know them? what if we were offended that the very sight of someone? would it be ok to then consider that person forbidden? just because of how they look? hmmm...

maybe if you got to know the person better, you would find you share some things in common. maybe you would find they aren't a monster, but a human being? maybe you are ignorant to what they have to offer?

this is how they are acting - "did you see that glowing penis? fucking weird! anyone who uses a glowing penis like that must be Hitler! And anyone who says 'maybe we should talk to them, find out what they are about' is trash person. don't even walk up to them. they are monsters!"

like lol they are pre judging this game based on outward appearances. they are embodying all the superficial hate they claim to want to fight in the world. they are acting EXACTLY LIKE every strawman transphobic jackass they can conjure in their derranged cuck fantasies.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
this thread is some insane shit right here. so this thread was started because they want to cancel a voice actor for liking a tweet from Kirstie Alley which is somewhat critical of BLM.

thread was bumped this morning by these dudes all celebrating the deplatforming of this woman

DuaJ6D6.jpg

oinA6te.jpg

when i say "dudes" i literally mean all these accounts celebrating a woman losing her job for not being woke enough have their genders listed as male

iNcDuMu.jpg

PCCPQZq.jpg

hkOrMZO.jpg

YRgkHM1.jpg

so... yeah... this is feminism in 2020, a bunch of dudes on a video game forum literally calling women pieces of shit

oh and here's the kicker. this "piece of shit" actually does work to help the homeless and sex trafficking vitcims.

they bring it up because they want to use her words from an interview about her charity work to show she is a hypocrite (or something? i guess if you help homeless people that doesn't matter if you like the wrong Tweet?)

k0TX2YW.jpg

take a guess!

4Sya178.jpg

Last edited:

Ionian

Indeed. By taking it so far to the extreme, by demonizing everyone who has a slightly differing opinion, by banning all discussions that implies the entire theme isn't necessarily black and white... these situations happen when you either say word by word what others said before or you stay silent (though in this case even those who said nothing were attacked), else you get piled on, mass reported. I have had 20k+ posts on Era, but to permaban me they had to go back to that one time 2 years earlier that I posted a copy-pasta meme that could be interpreted as transphobic if viewed with no context. So it does not matter to me that I always spoke up against authoritarian governments, that I did my best to help minority communities on the site, that I called out a lot of vile shit done against discriminated folks around the world. No, my permaban had to include "transphobe" because of one meme an eternity ago.

Fortunately, I am not the kind of person that will change political and social views based on the vile treatment a forum reserved me. But yes, this is not how you make allies. Banning everyone making a question, piling on everyone who isn't 100% agreeing, even going as far as insulting those who dare enjoying this game instead of talking about the bad shit, as if all Apple phone threads, all Rockstar game threads and such forced people to put a disclaimer about them being against the terrible stuff done by said companies. It's a sad state of affairs all in all because I legitimately am on board with a lot of the stuff Era stands for, but they're killing any chance of decent discussions with this moderation.

Doubt anyone cares about your ban, here or there.

You're just ranting about a different forum here.

Chuckie

From a forum that thinks it's good at spotting trolls they really do fall for this stuff so easily.

ZnqZ09n.jpg

I could be wrong, but I think that TERF island just means she is from the UK. It is an island, and apparently they have a lot of TERFs over there (at least that is what Era told me :p )
So I think that user is mocking her own country, not trolling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
this thread is some insane shit right here. so this thread was started because they want to cancel a voice actor for liking a tweet from Kirstie Alley which is somewhat critical of BLM.

thread was bumped this morning by these dudes all celebrating the deplatforming of this woman

DuaJ6D6.jpg

oinA6te.jpg

when i say "dudes" i literally mean all these accounts celebrating a woman losing her job for not being woke enough have their genders listed as male

iNcDuMu.jpg

PCCPQZq.jpg

hkOrMZO.jpg

YRgkHM1.jpg

so... yeah... this is feminism in 2020, a bunch of dudes on a video game forum literally calling women pieces of shit

oh and here's the kicker. this "piece of shit" actually does work to help the homeless and sex trafficking vitcims.

they bring it up because they want to use her words from an interview about her charity work to show she is a hypocrite (or something? i guess if you help homeless people that doesn't matter if you like the wrong Tweet?)

k0TX2YW.jpg

take a guess!

4Sya178.jpg

None of their criticism is genuine.

It’s just sad people who love to shit on successful people to make themselves feel better and get a self righteous high.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
My car hates jews. It refuses to let me listen to Howard Stern on SiriusXM.

I also look forward to the day Messafanego is perma'd from Reee and comes here in full-on hate machine mode, like a spurned lover.

notseqi

So, let me get this straight, Banshee and Kyuuji can put on a wig and cosplay their lives as women but a model cannot wear a strap-on and cosplay as trans?
Banshee has done weirdly balanced posts too, not sure how to judge on the troll/earnest scale.
Kyuuji remains a strong contender for Reeeeeturd of the year though.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

DuaJ6D6.jpg

oinA6te.jpg

iNcDuMu.jpg

PCCPQZq.jpg

hkOrMZO.jpg

YRgkHM1.jpg

k0TX2YW.jpg

take a guess!

4Sya178.jpg

The entire trans movement is one big smoke screen for treating women like shit... again. A bunch of men have found a way to be grossly misogynistic, with a ‘progressive’ cover for their hatred.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

DuaJ6D6.jpg

oinA6te.jpg

iNcDuMu.jpg

PCCPQZq.jpg

hkOrMZO.jpg

YRgkHM1.jpg

k0TX2YW.jpg

take a guess!

4Sya178.jpg
Wait?! Gender is man of women, sex is male or female. If we go by their rules, so this implies that the site still believe in 2 genders. Pretty hillarious.

Nameless

JSoup

Banned
What is this guys fucking problem? Jesus all that is holy.

yOZParX.png

It really hurts to see VGM people doing crap like this.
Rey and the rest used to not suck, but since getting absorbed into REE......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom