• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
haJwFwl.jpg

Na, why don't you fuck off. Worthless, vile fucks.

lmimmfn

Indeed. By taking it so far to the extreme, by demonizing everyone who has a slightly differing opinion, by banning all discussions that implies the entire theme isn't necessarily black and white... these situations happen when you either say word by word what others said before or you stay silent (though in this case even those who said nothing were attacked), else you get piled on, mass reported. I have had 20k+ posts on Era, but to permaban me they had to go back to that one time 2 years earlier that I posted a copy-pasta meme that could be interpreted as transphobic if viewed with no context. So it does not matter to me that I always spoke up against authoritarian governments, that I did my best to help minority communities on the site, that I called out a lot of vile shit done against discriminated folks around the world. No, my permaban had to include "transphobe" because of one meme an eternity ago.

Fortunately, I am not the kind of person that will change political and social views based on the vile treatment a forum reserved me. But yes, this is not how you make allies. Banning everyone making a question, piling on everyone who isn't 100% agreeing, even going as far as insulting those who dare enjoying this game instead of talking about the bad shit, as if all Apple phone threads, all Rockstar game threads and such forced people to put a disclaimer about them being against the terrible stuff done by said companies. It's a sad state of affairs all in all because I legitimately am on board with a lot of the stuff Era stands for, but they're killing any chance of decent discussions with this moderation.
Dude, you need to just let it go, that site hates any normal person and just bans them, your situation is no different.

Last edited:
That thread is the last straw for me. I’m afraid of expressing my views on that forum and have to censor myself. I’m tired of seeing the same group of people preaching as if they are the authority in all these social issues. When frankly most of them are the least qualified to speak on such matters. Everything is a chance to be outraged. These people have forgotten that a lot of us just want to talk about why we love video games.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
That thread is the last straw for me. I’m afraid of expressing my views on that forum and have to censor myself. I’m tired of seeing the same group of people preaching as if they are the authority in all these social issues. When frankly most of them are the least qualified to speak on such matters. Everything is a chance to be outraged. These people have forgotten that a lot of us just want to talk about why we love video games.
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

Do they... do they think all Dodge Chargers are named after General Lee?

That... is a beautiful car.

The 2077 one is sweet too.

yeah, it was awesome, what Saturdays were for, along with Airwolf, Knight Rider and the A Team

Now that is pretty nice lineup.

Lol, cars can be racist

AUl3mSR.png

Do you remember that scene from The Sandlot? Where Smalls was told that the ball was worth more than his life? For me it's the same for that car. I grew up with it. I love it. Don't care about the flag on it as whatever you think it represents as a design it's really sweet.

But...

If it was a choice between saving one of them or that car I'd save the car.

Is this Orange Car Bad?

Orange Man Bad. Orange Car Bad. Orange Forum bad.

Last edited:

Fortunate_Son

Neo Member
LMFAO. My god, what is this..i had no idea we had a thread for this. its amazing. finally. that forum is just ridiculous when it comes to CDPR.

What? That forum is RIDICULOUS not only for CDPR but in general. They are so far-gone. There's always something to rage about. CDPR/Trump threads are just peak ERA.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
What makes transgendered people so great to begin with? Like sure, dont be an asshole to them for no reason, but why should everyone kiss their asses?

Like i get not being a bigot, sure, but with how much they go on and on about how all these subtle transgressions are so hurtful... shouldn't they be more focused on why they are who they are? Take some pride? Give back to the community? They make their entire lives just sound like this unending bout of misery. Like you're that unsettled by a video game? How old are you?

Gold Member
What makes transgendered people so great to begin with? Like sure, dont be an asshole to them for no reason, but why should everyone kiss their asses?

Like i get not being a bigot, sure, but with how much they go on and on about how all these subtle transgressions are so hurtful... shouldn't they be more focused on why they are who they are? Take some pride? Give back to the community? They make their entire lives just sound like this unending bout of misery. Like you're that unsettled by a video game? How old are you?
That’s the issue though, they want to play on it, find fault with everything so they can flip tables. If they don’t then they just get relegated down the minority ladder. The sad thing is there are probably lots of trans people out there that if they read half the shit in those threads would also flip tables for how poorly their being represented. I mean I wouldn’t want a basement dwelling neckbeard in a dress and bad wig representing me!

The way they get triggered about everything hurts their cause as any stain person will nope out of there and leave thinking all trans people are insane (their not). I honestly couldn’t care if they dressed as a elephant and identified as a fruit, it’s their choice, but all the “woe is me” bullshit is too much. Go outside, away from your keyboard and fucking experience some life before you die. Or just stay inside, in your “safe place” and cry on the internet about how everyone you have never met IRL hates you ffs 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Dav-Kripler

Man I don't know, the Lore is somewhere, right? I'm going back to re-reading the item descriptions in dark souls...

Dav-Kripler

That’s the issue though, they want to play on it, find fault with everything so they can flip tables. If they don’t then they just get relegated down the minority ladder. The sad thing is there are probably lots of trans people out there that if they read half the shit in those threads would also flip tables for how poorly their being represented. I mean I wouldn’t want a basement dwelling neckbeard in a dress and bad wig representing me!

The way they get triggered about everything hurts their cause as any stain person will nope out of there and leave thinking all trans people are insane (their not). I honestly couldn’t care if they dressed as a elephant and identified as a fruit, it’s their choice, but all the “woe is me” bullshit is too much. Go outside, away from your keyboard and fucking experience some life before you die. Or just stay inside, in your “safe place” and cry on the internet about how everyone you have never met IRL hates you ffs 🤷‍♂️
Yup, this is not representative of the whole community. Contrapoints did a great video on how the irrational irates muddy the waters for others :

A lot of trans people aren't like that. They're just living their life fully aware that there's an adjustment period for a lot of people that didn't even know they existed until recently. They don't get offended at every little thing and sometimes they'll see the way their own community acts as extremely infantilizing.

It's the always-online ones that make it such a core part of their identity. They, like every marginalized group, have their basic civil rights fights, but they turn literally everything into that. Completely separate from being trans, they're just fucking children that found something to latch onto that'll allow them to whine as much as they want because it's no longer acceptable to chastise them for it. But of course they don't seem to realize that it's just making it harder for normal trans people that aren't whiny lunatics.

Dav-Kripler

A lot of trans people aren't like that. They're just living their life fully aware that there's an adjustment period for a lot of people that didn't even know they existed until recently. They don't get offended at every little thing and sometimes they'll see the way their own community acts as extremely infantilizing.

It's the always-online ones that make it such a core part of their identity. They, like every marginalized group, have their basic civil rights fights, but they turn literally everything into that. Completely separate from being trans, they're just fucking children that found something to latch onto that'll allow them to whine as much as they want because it's no longer acceptable to chastise them for it. But of course they don't seem to realize that it's just making it harder for normal trans people that aren't whiny lunatics.
Well put 🙂

It's not just being trans. There are a whole suite of personal traits that are as potentially debilitating as they are vague and hard to objectively demonstrate or disprove. OCD, asbergers/autism, 'anxiety', depression, even allergies - they all fit right in with the NB low-commitment end of the trans continuum. You don't have to do anything or exhibit any symptoms. You can just say you have all these things and most people will believe you, even doctors. Push it hard enough and you are a disabled minority who is unable to work. You are neither allowed to take part in society because of prejudice against you, nor can you even if you were allowed because of all your mental complaints. And that's why your life is shit. Very easy to find that crutch.

Not to say people are always making it up. I'm sure there are plenty of people with those conditions on there and not to downplay the seriousness of some of those problems, which cause real harm. But it's just so easy claim all this stuff and transform yourself from someone who is just overweight, unattractive, not particularly interesting into a sexually ambiguous warrior fighting against persecution whose life failures are all the fault of either medical problems or other people. Works as long as you stay online and let people imagine this beautiful, tragic figure. Falls down IRL for fairly obvious reasons.

SNPlayen

Shut up cis

Ionian

Courtesy of the farms, Messofanego getting assblasted on Twitter.

Qd7U1os.png

7NZxMyq.png

Holy shit, savage stuff especially the last tweet.

He can't help himself from posting utter nonsense and I reckon he thinks thinks he's some form of ally when nobody gives a flying-fuck about what he says.

Doesn't get more pathetic than that.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Cyberpunk 2077 (pros and cons so far)

Pros:
- Keanu Reeves

Cons:
- Paid overtime
- Racist cars
- Fully customisable character creation (transphobic somehow🤷‍♂️)
- Keanu Reeves hasn't denounced the game
- The developers are racist because of tweets on the official account run by interns
- Fully playable in 2020 (misleading as it says 2077 on the box)
- Not on Switch. Would be perfect for Switch, Doom can be played on Switch so why not this game?
- Company based in Poland not diverse enough. It should have more African Americans women since they are so common in Poland.🙄

Feel free to add to the pros and cons list.

nush

Gold Member
Holy shit, savage stuff especially the last tweet.

He can't help himself from posting utter nonsense and I reckon he thinks thinks he's some form of ally when nobody gives a flying-fuck about what he says.

Doesn't get more pathetic than that.

He only ever picks soft targets as well, I'm sure he could tweet at a Trump supporter, the proud boys or even GAF. But he doesn't as he's actually too much of a pussy. "I'm an ally, but not as much as it would require me to put in any effort outside of the bubble".

ZZZZ

Cyberpunk 2077 (pros and cons so far)

Pros:
- Keanu Reeves

Cons:
- Paid overtime
- Racist cars
- Fully customisable character creation (transphobic somehow🤷‍♂️)
- Keanu Reeves hasn't denounced the game
- The developers are racist because of tweets on the official account run by interns
- Fully playable in 2020 (misleading as it says 2077 on the box)
- Not on Switch. Would be perfect for Switch, Doom can be played on Switch so why not this game?
- Company based in Poland not diverse enough. It should have more African Americans women since they are so common in Poland.🙄

Feel free to add to the pros and cons list.
Keanu on the Pro column?

unknown.png

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
this thread is some insane shit right here. so this thread was started because they want to cancel a voice actor for liking a tweet from Kirstie Alley which is somewhat critical of BLM.

thread was bumped this morning by these dudes all celebrating the deplatforming of this woman

DuaJ6D6.jpg

oinA6te.jpg

when i say "dudes" i literally mean all these accounts celebrating a woman losing her job for not being woke enough have their genders listed as male

iNcDuMu.jpg

PCCPQZq.jpg

hkOrMZO.jpg

YRgkHM1.jpg

so... yeah... this is feminism in 2020, a bunch of dudes on a video game forum literally calling women pieces of shit

oh and here's the kicker. this "piece of shit" actually does work to help the homeless and sex trafficking vitcims.

they bring it up because they want to use her words from an interview about her charity work to show she is a hypocrite (or something? i guess if you help homeless people that doesn't matter if you like the wrong Tweet?)

k0TX2YW.jpg

take a guess!

4Sya178.jpg
In this thread also my worry for quite a while was realised: The stage was set for David Wise's cancellation; one of the most brilliant video game composers there are.

Yoshi

Had a look at Messfango's Twitter out of curiosity after nush nush post.

What kind of slop is this, paper plate and food just randomly dumped all over the table. Not even gonna mention what I think of the steak.

gKtZ9hW.jpg
Food? Looks like bull shit.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Did they permit discussion of the French teacher beheaded by a refugee for showing Mohammed cartoons?

Yoshi

It's British food!
"Yes" would have been a more efficient answer.

Did they permit discussion of the French teacher beheaded by a refugee for showing Mohammed cartoons?
Yes. Interestingly, a pretty rough discussion style is permitted. I am known for being opposed to religion I think, but some statements are actually pretty strong, even for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom