• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so you are telling me that it's overwhelmingly LatinX who are "literally murdering" trans people? not Republicans in America but people south of the border?

YfO0kys.jpg

but that flies entirely in the face of our bullshit narrative of how this is a white man thing. maybe the South Americans learnt it from the UK, JK Rowling, and Trump supporters?

Last edited:

Where's your crusade against Sony, isn't buying this console problematic because of the way it was manufactured? What's that? You're brushing it under the rug? Oh.
I'm looking forward to finding out how my PS5 sounds when I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 on it! 🤣

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
No idea who Sia is but hats off for speaking your mind and not giving a fuck about being a completely different person online... yeah the roast was bigger than necessary, but at least she was honest lol.

Shes that aussie singer, famous for never being seen. You might remember chandelier because of the young gjrl dancing with shia

Dorohedoro

I'm looking forward to finding out how my PS5 sounds when I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 on it! 🤣
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic trolling

so you are telling me that it's overwhelmingly LatinX who are "literally murdering" trans people? not Republicans in America but people south of the border?

YfO0kys.jpg

but that flies entirely in the face of our bullshit narrative of how this is a white man thing. maybe the South Americans learnt it from the UK, JK Rowling, and Trump supporters?
When are they gonna start badgering Central and South Americans?

MrMephistoX

User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic trolling

When are they gonna start badgering Central and South Americans?

Yeah honestly bullshit. The amount of trans murders is higher in hyper machismo societies or reassignment surgery or drag just doesn’t happen because gay people are already terrified enough in repressive regimes to not stay in the closet. Look at ISIS throwing innocent gay people off roofs.

The problem ain’t white male Trump supporters sorry.

Last edited:

Dorohedoro

Yeah honestly bullshit. The amount of trans murders is higher in hyper machismo societies or reassignment surgery or drag just doesn’t happen because gay people are already terrified enough in repressive regimes to not stay in the closet. Look at ISIS throwing innocent gay people off roofs.

The problem ain’t white male Trump supporters sorry.
The problem is CDPR.

Ol'Scratch

What the...

they banned him even after he apologized

Happens all the time on Era. The mods knee jerk at one post (and I am sure sheep hit that report button like good little soldiers) and they never take the time to follow an entire conversation for context or clarification. And they never ever apologize.
I really must be terrifying posting over there knowing that just letting a thought slip out can easily get you banned and you will never ever have a chance to explain or question it.

Ol'Scratch

More nonsense in the land of Reeeee

Neurotypical? where does it end? I guess movies with dead people should actually use real dead corpses now Reeee eh?

I suppose with threads like
showing the IQ of those in Reee its no wonder the state of the place.
"Neurotypical" for fuck sake just .... argh.
Labels...labels everywhere!

TheStam

Era outdoes itself..

but this version, where the lands are not only not empty but actively improved by being invaded and violently subjugated by a superior people (and we’re going to get there in a minute) modeled off of an actual historical event is just stunningly irresponsible storytelling.

Now, do I think that the developers set out to create a sanitized defense of colonialism (much less an apologia for Nazi race ideology)? Of course not. But they ended up doing it anyway.

..Ended up as an "apologia" for Nazi race ideology :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If Odyssey was true to history Alexios would be doing some kid up the bum as a QTE.

This is supposed to be a fun hobby, but some people with meaningless debt financed college degrees need something to moan about and others play along because they think that's what the cool kids do, the world is just fucked. Of course it isn't true to history. It's like complaining about Pirates of the Caribbean not being true to history, pirates were nasty not some Disneyland ride.

Take this era quote by a compatriot of mine "embarrassed" for what his forefathers did 1000 fucking years ago:

Exactly how I feel. I’m from Sweden so there is a part of me that is embarrassed about my ancestors too. I just can’t sympathize at all with the vikings. And I honestly don’t think it’s a good period of the history to make a game about, it’s a really dark and hateful period, I don’t feel like anything the vikings do can be justified. Eventually I had to turn off my brain to keep playing. I hope it somehow can end on a good note at least but I have my doubts.

Life was fucking tough and the strongest survived, this poor bastard can hardly get through a video game because of how awful it makes him feel with his teleported 21st century morals, christ.

Kev Kev

Kind of didn't even want to post this because these people shouldn't get any further exposure (as it only serves to divide and segregate) but on the other hand I didn't want to keep the most Era thing imaginable to myself:

One of the dudes literally goes "White people are great at having fun, which is a function of white supremacy". Wat. :lollipop_Mr_Smith:

The original video, gotta love that like/dislike ratio:

lmao in the breakdown video, when one of the black people says "whites are superior at stealing everything from blacks", one of the Crowder show hosts responds "hold up, can we pull out the armed robbery stats real quick?" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Ol'Scratch

I was on Era for over 2 years and never realized their obsession with trans and all these activists. Now i see nothing but that. In almost all threads no matter what the topic is, Trans, BLM somehow just comes out of no where and provoking people to pick a side and get banned because their opinion dont match with their.
Think of it as the most lame and pathetic version of some kind of gang land environment.
When certain movements and groups started getting more attention, other movements got jealous and decided that they are just as important and deserved more of a presence. And so it continues to build.
WAY back in the day it was Wrasslegaf (miss you bitches) Popgaf (some scary shit up in there) and various gaming things.
Now on era all of those have fallen away and the groups are all the persecuted masses in their groups. Each has mods and figure heads and all think that they are the most persecuted.

cormack12

Gold Member
Thing is Valhalla isn't meant to be a commentary which is what they don't get. It's a story told from a point of view - in particular the vikings. So some of it may be 'sanitised' because it was irrelevant to how they perceived themselves. Their perception probably was they were putting a king on the throne who could manage Danes and Saxons but it's made clear that it's a political gain for expansion and power - puppet kings basically.

I'm sure if you asked an American and a Vietnamese soldier to tell the tale of the war they would be vastly different.

lmimmfn

Thing is Valhalla isn't meant to be a commentary which is what they don't get. It's a story told from a point of view - in particular the vikings. So some of it may be 'sanitised' because it was irrelevant to how they perceived themselves. Their perception probably was they were putting a king on the throne who could manage Danes and Saxons but it's made clear that it's a political gain for expansion and power - puppet kings basically.

I'm sure if you asked an American and a Vietnamese soldier to tell the tale of the war they would be vastly different.
For sure, Viatnamese call it "The American war"

“Maybe you’re just a bad actor “

FUCKING DEAD

Yeah so much this. I have a very light asperger diagnosis but that doesn’t mean I could ever portray that on film. A good actor could portray that 1000 times better than I ever could.

I will never get this obsession that the people portraying something actually needs to be actually disabled or whatever it may be. Acting is acting not real life.

Ol'Scratch

There is an ERA trend that I have watched over the years and it has been amazing to me, because it is so blatant yet never called out and I expect to see it a lot with Cyberpunk 2077.
You can have a game-movie-song-performer-actor whatever. Putting out great work, and in the beginning you will see raves and comments about it in various threads. But the MOMENT that the hive mind decides that it is bad..."Yeah over rated" "I expected better" "I don't see what people see in it" 'It is just not good" "pass' or whatever. SO many things you can look back and then look forward and see the very same posters switching to appease the collective.
When Cyberpunk hits, next to those who actually play it and give real opinions and ratings you will see the tide of virtue warriors review bombing and talking it down.

lmimmfn

There is an ERA trend that I have watched over the years and it has been amazing to me, because it is so blatant yet never called out and I expect to see it a lot with Cyberpunk 2077.
You can have a game-movie-song-performer-actor whatever. Putting out great work, and in the beginning you will see raves and comments about it in various threads. But the MOMENT that the hive mind decides that it is bad..."Yeah over rated" "I expected better" "I don't see what people see in it" 'It is just not good" "pass' or whatever. SO many things you can look back and then look forward and see the very same posters switching to appease the collective.
When Cyberpunk hits, next to those who actually play it and give real opinions and ratings you will see the tide of virtue warriors review bombing and talking it down.
The great thing is noone gives a shit what they think, we do here cos its a great laugh :)

Kiraly

You can already see it, every person that speaks out about perceived transphobia in the game also happens to really think the writing is juvenile, the world uninteresting, the gameplay uninspired, etc. Like yeah buddy I'm sure you're looking at it objectively and we want to hear your opinion lmao.

Chuckie

You can already see it, every person that speaks out about perceived transphobia in the game also happens to really think the writing is juvenile, the world uninteresting, the gameplay uninspired, etc. Like yeah buddy I'm sure you're looking at it objectively and we want to hear your opinion lmao.

Lol yeah. You see the exact same thing in the topic about the new Mandalorian episode. Shitloads of people that just HAVE to tell that Gina's acting was horrible. It is almostl ike they are afraid to even review the episode without the statement that Gina was bad.

JSoup

Banned
wait.....

is this person trying to say 98% of murders around the world were of trans people......does anyone else feel off about that stat......

There has been a growing movement over the last year that is pushing the belief that most of the human population is trans of some flavor, an extension of the idea that most humans are some flavor of pansexual (that one does have a little basis in science). There was even a reddit for it until they started harassing the crap out of people.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Soon

Its the "end of next week"
Hmmm, guess he didnt get the job, cant wait for next weeks thread
surprise-party-sue.gif

He actually got the job!

On a personal level I'm glad he got it so maybe he can pull himself out of whatever dark place he's in.

On an extremely petty and selfish level, I'll miss the entertainment.

lmimmfn

He actually got the job!

On a personal level I'm glad he got it so maybe he can pull himself out of whatever dark place he's in.

Ahh honestly fair dues to him.
As much as i despise that place and I may laugh at the madness there but i will support folk there with issues bettering themselves

Last edited:

Gold Member

He actually got the job!

Fair play to him to him for getting the job, I didn’t think he would. There will probably be a “my new boss keeps asking me to do work and I don’t know how to respond” thread at some point soon though no doubt.

I’m all for self improvement, so hopefully you are right and this can kickstart something positive for him. Everyone deserves a break once in a while.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
today we had definitive proof that murdering trans people is not part of white culture. Kyuu themselves proved that it 89% of trans murders occur in Central/South America.

the Era narrative suggest that those people are being mind controlled by Polish video game developers and British young adult fantasy authors, who for some reason, don't have the same numbers of murders they have in third world countries.

this is why they have to censor everything and deplatform all transphobes and scream their heads off about "vile TERFs", because as their narrative goes "people are literally killing trans people". they say that media enabled and "emboldens" these, largely LatinX South/Central American murderers. it is "toxic white male culture" that contributes to this, even though the numbers are exceedingly high in places where white people are the minority.

odd how the "transphobic influence of Polish video games" doesn't affect Poland or America or the UK nearly as much as Brazil. almost as if that argument is entirely bullshit.

like how the fuck does that make any sense?

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

So many on Era hate themselves so deeply, and disgust themselves so deeply that they have to go after every thing that they perceive that they are not or can not have. At least the puritanical fuckwits of ages past used some omni present entity as their excuse.

nush

Gold Member

YfO0kys.jpg

The biggest danger to trans community is themselves with a 41% suicide rate. Just maybe that's where they should be focusing on instead of south American drug addicts and prostitutes.

Mental issues for these trans trenders that infest Era will not be solved by just taking some hormones and putting on a dress then spending all day on a hate site that tells you everyone in the real world hates you and wants to kill you. While we'll tell you you are loved, stunning and brave and ban anyone that hurts your fee feees.

nush

Gold Member
Fair play to him to him for getting the job, I didn’t think he would. There will probably be a “my new boss keeps asking me to do work and I don’t know how to respond” thread at some point soon though no doubt.

I’m all for self improvement, so hopefully you are right and this can kickstart something positive for him. Everyone deserves a break once in a while.

He self sabotages anyway, he'll love that job for about two weeks before complaining about everyone he works with.

I mean look at this lack of inaction, "Should I send a note to tell them I'm leaving?" takes one week and does nothing for something that would take 5 minutes.

VuFd9hP.png

8cXv8WZ.png

ABLP67X.png

Ymir

He self sabotages anyway, he'll love that job for about two weeks before complaining about everyone he works with.

I mean look at this lack of inaction, "Should I send a note to tell them I'm leaving?" takes one week and does nothing for something that would take 5 minutes.

VuFd9hP.png

8cXv8WZ.png

ABLP67X.png
I get the feeling he's going to resign early and the other offer falls through or something. He always bungles things to hurt himself.

nush

Gold Member
I get the feeling he's going to resign early and the other offer falls through or something. He always bungles things to hurt himself.

I think this is a different job to the one he posted about interviewing for. He's going to resign, take that job then be offered another job that he interviewed for.

That will be good to watch.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
There has been a growing movement over the last year that is pushing the belief that most of the human population is trans of some flavor, an extension of the idea that most humans are some flavor of pansexual (that one does have a little basis in science). There was even a reddit for it until they started harassing the crap out of people.
Whats a pansexual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom