• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So, due to obvious reasons, my wife and I will be spending Thanksgiving with just us and the kids.

More like oblivious to the fact no relative wants to spend Thanksgiving with WetBlanketTired. Covid is a great excuse for his relatives to take a few holidays away from that insanity. Also, why are people at ResetEra celebrating a holiday where white people invaded a native land, stole the land from them and massacred them.

Native American Summit Incoming!

teezzy

Banned
He self sabotages anyway, he'll love that job for about two weeks before complaining about everyone he works with.

I mean look at this lack of inaction, "Should I send a note to tell them I'm leaving?" takes one week and does nothing for something that would take 5 minutes.

VuFd9hP.png

8cXv8WZ.png

ABLP67X.png

His username could not be more apt appears he's a very tired walrus

Freeman76

This asswipe is one of the biggest crybabies over the trans bullshit, and, well...

aqNklCa.png

Of fucking course, lol. Pathetic.

What an utter cunt. Honestly that place houses the most miserable internet vermin I've ever come across. It's the online version of placard waving oppressed uni students who probably wear their mums underwear as a statement. Cunts, the lot of em

Gold Member
He self sabotages anyway, he'll love that job for about two weeks before complaining about everyone he works with.

I mean look at this lack of inaction, "Should I send a note to tell them I'm leaving?" takes one week and does nothing for something that would take 5 minutes.

VuFd9hP.png

8cXv8WZ.png

ABLP67X.png
Yeah I read those posts last night lol, I was trying to be nice & positive for him, but you are probably right.

My first thought there was if you can’t use a calendar to work out when to hand in your notice and need to ask a forum...there is no hope.

Last edited:

Gold Member
While I'm not doubting trans people go through shit socially from transphobic fuckers, I do question the math.

11 trans people murdered in Europe, 50% are migrants.
5 and a half trans people who were murdered in Europe were migrants?
The numbers are so laughable anyway even if they weren’t fudged to make them look worse. 700 odd million people in Europe and 11 trans people murdered (with no context given, could be for any reason) does not look like persecution to me. But apparently CDPR and my whole country (UK) are “literally killing trans people” with their transphobia.

Fuck off you drama queens.

I don’t know anyone (personally) that would give a damn if they saw a transsexual. I used to work with two in my last company, no-one batted an eyelid and they were great people. To each their own and if that makes you happy, go for it. But the fake outrage and persecution complex from the REE lot is terrible. Not satisfied with being accepted, they need to constantly play the minority card and find everything “problematic”.

But what do I know, I’m just a transphobic Brit who hasn’t reached his trans-bashing government quota this week 🤷‍♂️

Edit: To be clear I’m not saying transphobia doesn’t exist in the UK, I’m sure it does. It’s just I don’t think it’s as prevalent as they make out.

Last edited:

I wanted to see scientists using CRISPR to modify the genes in them, to try and extend their life, so that owning a genetically modified pet would mean I don't have to frequently experience them leaving from me forever within 10 to 15 years.

This is why I currently do not own a pet. Not because it's my responsibility to take care of them, but because when they die, I don't have the heart to stay lonely and would continue to take in another pet to replace the pet that has passed on.

EdZ0SK3.gif

Dick Jones

Gold Member
The numbers are so laughable anyway even if they weren’t fudged to make them look worse. 700 odd million people in Europe and 11 trans people murdered (with no context given, could be for any reason) does not look like persecution to me. But apparently CDPR and my whole country (UK) are “literally killing trans people” with their transphobia.

I don’t know anyone (personally) that would give a damn if they saw a transsexual. I used to work with two in my last company, no-one batted an eyelid and they were great people. To each their own and if that makes you happy, go for it. But the fake outrage and persecution complex from the REE lot is terrible. Not satisfied with being accepted, they need to constantly play the minority card and find everything “problematic”.

But what do I know, I’m just a transphobic Brit who hasn’t reached his trans-bashing government quota this week 🤷‍♂️

Edit: To be clear I’m not saying transphobia doesn’t exist in the UK, I’m sure it does. It’s just I don’t think it’s as prevalent as they make out.
I think 25.94% were literally at the hands of JK Rowling.

How accepting would the general public be if they didn't have the embarrassing idiots in their ranks? Not those who are actually fighting for equality but those fabricating outrage and the allies.

For the lulz, Neogaf should do a fundraiser for a Trans support group the week Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. Ask a few trans posters here if there is any worthwhile charity to support. Imagine showing up the REEEEs while they locked a thread for a day. EviLore EviLore what do you think?

Turnstyle

Not to undermine the challenges faced by trans people, but 11 deaths a year in the whole of Europe is such a minor statistic is barely seems worth mentioning. I'd also argue that while we know the identity of the victims, can we be sure they were killed because they were trans?

Last year, there were 22,000 murder victims in Europe. Trans people made up 0.05% of cases.

Around 800 people a year in the UK alone for falling down the stairs.

12 women a DAY in Europe are killed by partners or family members in domestic abuse cases.

3,500 babies die each year in the US from sudden infant death syndrome.

Hippos kill 500 people a year in Africa.

Statistically, all of these far out number the 11 trans deaths in Europe, and yet I don't see Era campaigning to raise awareness about domestic abuse, SIDS or hippos.

I think anyone with an ounce of empathy can understand that changing your gender is bound to be mentally and physically challenging, not to mention socially. But it seems that the trans issue now solely consumes Era, and colors every single conversation on there. The constant whining in the Cyberpunk threads is a classic example. This thread derailing is actively supported by the mods.

Disagree, and you're shunned, which is why Era is now nothing more than an echo chamber of the same voices patting themselves on the back for being so 'inclusive', yet banning anyone not of the same mindset.

To use its own much loved terminology, Era is one of the most 'toxic' communities I've ever come across online.

cormack12

Gold Member

It's never reached a mainstream profile to become a thing over here, at least in our region. If you're talking about tolerance though, generally society is tolerant of most things. See these clips from like more than a decade ago where this person was famous and had the piss taken out of them - but they were never attacked/beaten.

Other video's are like 5-7 years ago

Another example would be a guy who used to turn up outside the barracks on reserve night. He obviously had learning difficulties, always wore a superman T-Shirt and sang Beatles songs for 10p. People used to take the piss but still speak to him and look out for him. If anyone had seen someone trying to start on him, then they woudl have been filled in, that's just how estates and communities work.

There was/is no hate - there's piss taking of eccentricity and calling people fucking weird. But this imaginary night army of transexual killers just does not exist. Most people just on with stuff, if they something a bit weird they have a laugh and move on. Midgets, Giants, Obesity, Skinny, Acne, bald women, accents etc - basically anything that makes people stand out. It's not because people are '-ists' and have legitimate hate. It's because people are assholes and like cheap laughs. I just think if you don't understand that then you must largely live most of your life on the internet or via chatrooms/controlled audiences. It's not going to go away, just like playground bullying won't.

And the worst thing is they participate in the same behaviour themselves. Just from a different ideology (i.e. cancel culture). Different opinion means being called names (fascist, supermacist, enemy, Trumper), ostracised and so forth and chased. They are pretty much what they are afraid of. Horrible, manipulative assholes. And that's why I never went there. And the people leaving have obviously reached that point where self respect is actually more important than being preached to. I wonder how much further it has to go for some people or whether they are happy being shit on every day or banned for stupid stuff.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
so you are telling me that it's overwhelmingly LatinX who are "literally murdering" trans people? not Republicans in America but people south of the border?

YfO0kys.jpg

but that flies entirely in the face of our bullshit narrative of how this is a white man thing. maybe the South Americans learnt it from the UK, JK Rowling, and Trump supporters?

Those stats are disturbing to say the least but it shows how self-absorbed they are over on ResetEra.

Sex work can be dangerous. Especially so in places like South America. The stats bear this out, obviously.

Vulnerable people, risking their lives to survive, being murdered in the street and these little twerps sitting at home in America screeching "they are murdering US".

Fucking shameless.

I suppose the streets of Brazil are safer tonight because ResetEra banned talk of Cyberpunk for a day.

It disgusts me that they see dreadful statistics like this and instead of feeling compelled to do something to fix it they actually just try to appropriate the suffering of others into their own little narrative. They are just looking for a way to use it for themselves.

"I share some commonality with the victims! Oh my god they are killing us! How dare you JK Rowling! Don't you know that people like me are DYING!?"

What a disgrace.

How fucked up is that? Using the shocking and tragic deaths of people on another continent as the pretext for harassing people who happen to have different, and pretty mundane, opinions.

I somehow don't think some children's author from England and some AAA video game developer from Poland have much influence on the murder of sex workers in South America.

At least those deaths can be used to allow some pointless and impotent grandstanding on a videogame forum, right?

Horrible, disgusting and unbelievably disingenuous individuals.

Man it looks like South America has a serious problem with sex workers being murdered.

"Hm. I hope your aren't implying those places are shitholes? That's pretty racist. Now let me watch She-Ra in peace. There's a trans character in it now."

No. No. I was going to add that some of the victims are trans.

"OMG they are killing us! This is why CDPR need to be help to account. Did you know they posted like TWO transphobic tweets! We are dying out there and these bastards just tweet whatever they want. Reeeeeeeee!"

VN1X

Banned
Not to undermine the challenges faced by trans people, but 11 deaths a year in the whole of Europe is such a minor statistic is barely seems worth mentioning. I'd also argue that while we know the identity of the victims, can we be sure they were killed because they were trans?

Last year, there were 22,000 murder victims in Europe. Trans people made up 0.05% of cases.

Around 800 people a year in the UK alone for falling down the stairs.

12 women a DAY in Europe are killed by partners or family members in domestic abuse cases.

3,500 babies die each year in the US from sudden infant death syndrome.

Hippos kill 500 people a year in Africa.

Statistically, all of these far out number the 11 trans deaths in Europe, and yet I don't see Era campaigning to raise awareness about domestic abuse, SIDS or hippos.

I think anyone with an ounce of empathy can understand that changing your gender is bound to be mentally and physically challenging, not to mention socially. But it seems that the trans issue now solely consumes Era, and colors every single conversation on there. The constant whining in the Cyberpunk threads is a classic example. This thread derailing is actively supported by the mods.

Disagree, and you're shunned, which is why Era is now nothing more than an echo chamber of the same voices patting themselves on the back for being so 'inclusive', yet banning anyone not of the same mindset.

To use its own much loved terminology, Era is one of the most 'toxic' communities I've ever come across online.
WHAT ABOUTISM!!!11

Gold Member
It's never reached a mainstream profile to become a thing over here, at least in our region. If you're talking about tolerance though, generally society is tolerant of most things. See these clips from like more than a decade ago where this person was famous and had the piss taken out of them - but they were never attacked/beaten.

Other video's are like 5-7 years ago

Another example would be a guy who used to turn up outside the barracks on reserve night. He obviously had learning difficulties, always wore a superman T-Shirt and sang Beatles songs for 10p. People used to take the piss but still speak to him and look out for him. If anyone had seen someone trying to start on him, then they woudl have been filled in, that's just how estates and communities work.

There was/is no hate - there's piss taking of eccentricity and calling people fucking weird. But this imaginary night army of transexual killers just does not exist. Most people just on with stuff, if they something a bit weird they have a laugh and move on. Midgets, Giants, Obesity, Skinny, Acne, bald women, accents etc - basically anything that makes people stand out. It's not because people are '-ists' and have legitimate hate. It's because people are assholes and like cheap laughs. I just think if you don't understand that then you must largely live most of your life on the internet or via chatrooms/controlled audiences. It's not going to go away, just like playground bullying won't.

And the worst thing is they participate in the same behaviour themselves. Just from a different ideology (i.e. cancel culture). Different opinion means being called names (fascist, supermacist, enemy, Trumper), ostracised and so forth and chased. They are pretty much what they are afraid of. Horrible, manipulative assholes. And that's why I never went there. And the people leaving have obviously reached that point where self respect is actually more important than being preached to. I wonder how much further it has to go for some people or whether they are happy being shit on every day or banned for stupid stuff.

I was taking the piss, I live in a rough town but it’s not that bad lol. There’s no transphobic hate groups I’m aware of at least...

I agree with everything you said in your post though. There is a healthy amount of piss taking, but it’s just that. At the end of the day it feels like people are just too sensitive these days and need to grow a thicker skin.

cormack12

Gold Member
I was taking the piss, I live in a rough town but it’s not that bad lol. There’s no transphobic hate groups I’m aware of at least...

I agree with everything you said in your post though. There is a healthy amount of piss taking, but it’s just that. At the end of the day it feels like people are just too sensitive these days and need to grow a thicker skin.

Yeah it wasn't aimed at you just more of a musing

ivan.k

Ymir

Who would’ve thought?
This is funnier with the context of the post below yours. They went to thread shit in the other news thread and then retreated to their safe space to whine after someone asked why they weren't getting banned for shitposting in a thread.

Saruhashi

Banned

Good old ReeeA double standard.

The more the conversation goes on the more you realise just how full of shit they actually are.

CDPR are so transphobic that discussion of the game will be locked for ONE day. That's the "punishment".

Their transphobia is not bad enough to justify anything over a one day lock though.

So by refusing to ban discussion of the game permanently they are themselves downplaying transphobia. Which is something members can receive weeks, months or even permanent bans for.

The ban on discussion for A SINGLE DAY is only there to appease the mob. Nobody actually cares about the issue at hand they just want to throw a bone to the mob and hope it calms things down.

Any attempt to seriously tackle Social Justice issues in the industry would lead to banning almost all video game talk. So once in a while they offer a token gesture like "you can't discuss that game for a day" or throw a chosen developer or publisher under the bus. All to appease the mob and hope that its enough to get the toxic element to shut up for a while.

Oh wow you must hate transphobia so much to ban a game for 24 hours. Oh my god. One entire day. Oooof. I dunno how CDPR will cope.

Expressing terrible terrible awful transphobia? One day ban! That'll teach you!

They've banned all mention of some minor industry and community figures for far less.

Dorohedoro

jnTN3Av.png

"Where's the Cyberpunk OT??"

"Talk of the game is banned for 2 weeks because it's supposedly transphobic which has a dozen or so posters fuming."

gPtZLwS.gif

The only "gaming forum" on the planet where they'll ban talk of a video game just to appease a whiny vocal minority. But if this is what it takes for some folks to wake up and leave the cult for good and expose the site for what it truly is, in case anyone doesn't already know, I'm all for it. No more bandaids just a ghost town.

I really want someone to say what sticky? Then reveal they had it on ignore so didn't see it. Imagine the rageouts. For using functionality as it is intended.
You can bet that some users are so far up their own asses, that they won't even consider the possibility that much of the forum has them on ignore. But deep down, I think many of them have caught on to what's happening. I'm starting to sense that frustration seeping out.

cormack12

Gold Member
You can bet that some users are so far up their own asses, that they won't even consider the possibility that much of the forum has them on ignore. But deep down, I think many of them have caught on to what's happening. I'm starting to sense that frustration seeping out.

Create a resetera block list like on twitter and distribute it.....

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

The problem is there are many variables at play, it much like everything else in life is not black and white.
I am definitely not here to justify anything, it is a terrible thing and people should be free to be whoever the hell they want to be. Era wants to paint everything with a broad stroke but you can't.
Parts of the world like South America are big on tradition and machismo, yet ERA supports dangerous choices like the notion that you should not have to tell a partner that you are trans if you do not want to.
And in a similar scenario to much gay violence while again people should be able to be who they want to be, fuck who they want to fuck and love who they want to love ....there are people in every group that do vast damage to the group as a whole.
ERA wants to paint everything as idealistic. If you are LGBTQ much like if you are a minority according to era you are automatically good and a victim cleared of any responsibility, because anything good you do is overcoming difficulty and admirable and anything you fuck up and do wrong is the fault of the white cis machine who has victimized your type since the beginning of time.
People are people. People should be judged on who they are for better or for worse.
Tossing everything into a label or a pronoun so that it is easier to place your blame or your absolution is unhealthy.

Milk production is so destructive for the environment (and for the poor suffering cows who get treated terribly) that if you can easily switch for a substitute I don't see why not.

I know adopting veganism is very challenging in today's society, but little substitutions like this are incredibly easy to accomplish with few downsides. Basically every coffee shop nowadays has at least some form of alternative milk, and so do many restaurants.

Rhino milk is for baby rhinos
Dog milk is for baby dogs
Cat milk is for baby cats
Rat milk is for baby rats
...but cow milk is for humans? Seems really bizarre if you ask me.

These people have never lived in a rural environment and can only regurgitate liberal talking points. Most cows graze on farm land that is leased out for this purpose. They stand around eating grass and licking salt blocks. What a terrible life.

The last part. Seriously?

Hobbes being Hobbes. Poster is actually right, so in come the wannabe Thunbergs.

HXxHEL8.jpg

Pot meet kettle.

JSoup

Banned
The problem is there are many variables at play, it much like everything else in life is not black and white.
I am definitely not here to justify anything, it is a terrible thing and people should be free to be whoever the hell they want to be. Era wants to paint everything with a broad stroke but you can't.
Parts of the world like South America are big on tradition and machismo, yet ERA supports dangerous choices like the notion that you should not have to tell a partner that you are trans if you do not want to.
And in a similar scenario to much gay violence while again people should be able to be who they want to be, fuck who they want to fuck and love who they want to love ....there are people in every group that do vast damage to the group as a whole.
ERA wants to paint everything as idealistic. If you are LGBTQ much like if you are a minority according to era you are automatically good and a victim cleared of any responsibility, because anything good you do is overcoming difficulty and admirable and anything you fuck up and do wrong is the fault of the white cis machine who has victimized your type since the beginning of time.
People are people. People should be judged on who they are for better or for worse.
Tossing everything into a label or a pronoun so that it is easier to place your blame or your absolution is unhealthy.

....the post you quoted wasn't by me, what?

interesting thread

A first for resetera. The White half of Obama has been officially cancelled. The Black half of Obama is seeking reparations from the White half for making their side look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom